Homunculus AFK Leveling map poll 03/2012 - Page 2 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Homunculus AFK Leveling map poll 03/2012

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#26 Hayabusax

Hayabusax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

ill join in

#27 Realus

Realus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

A couple of us have chats up in OD2 asking for players to join us on TI surface tomorrow.

Lol, that was me. Were you the female genetic above me who also put up a chat for a little bit? XD

Anyway, I have 6 Alchemists currently parked in TI Surface. I'll be there all day.
We need to set more people up the the mob points so the spawn is kept circulating. :(
Come one, come all!

#28 hartsa

hartsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Server:iRO Ymir

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

Well it seems that we have received over 10 votes in a very short time and currently we have 25 voters at iRO Ymir! ^_^

Here are the current results:
iRO Ymir (25 votes)
  • Juno 7, 10 votes
  • Ein 5, 8 votes
  • TI surface, 6 votes
  • Amatsu 2, 1 votes

iRO Valkyrie (16 votes)
  • TI surface, 6 votes
  • Amatsu 2 and Juno 7, 4 votes each
  • Ein 5, 2 votes

iRO Yggdrasil (no votes at all :( )

The poll will be active until saturday 24.3.2012

Since we have 25 votes at iRO Ymir I would say that we could actually try some map with that amount of people. Valkyrie has 16 votes so they would probably need some more but that's a good start.

Juno 7 has received most of the votes at iRO Ymir but some people seem to be more willing to try TI surface instead? TI is the current #1 at Valkyrie so you could try to get people there too.
I could bring my guys to TI surface (@iRO Ymir) for a couple of days now and let's see how many others will join. I don't have any alchemists at Valkyrie so I can't help you there :(

So... onward to the Turtle island surface I guess! Let's see how it works out there and if we could try those other maps too some time :)

Thank you for your votes everyone! :thx:

#29 Realus

Realus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

Here are the current results:
iRO Ymir (25 votes)

• Juno 7, 10 votes
  • Ein 5, 8 votes
  • TI surface, 6 votes
  • Amatsu 2, 1 votes
Juno 7 has received most of the votes at iRO Ymir but some people seem to be more willing to try TI surface instead?

The thing is, with 10 votes... we can't even cover 1/5 of the map of Juno 7.
So even if it was the highest, unless we have substantially more people, it isn't doable.
If you can amass 40+ people for Juno 7, then I can probably bring along my alchemists.

---

I just wanted to try TI Surface, since we never have yet; and it looks relatively small. (While easy to get to)
So I moved my 6 alchemists down there.

(Status Update: Currently 10 Alchemists down there!)

---

I know at least 2, of my 6 alchemists cannot handle Ein5. So If I were to have gone there, that would be -2 at least from the count of those who can move there.

If you guys want, pick a day for Ein 5 AFK testing. (I'd be available to set up my alchs on either Sun/Sat. Fri/Mon = College, so I can't set up the entire day.)

---

I'd totally want to try Amatsu. But I also don't want to run through the quest and maze on 5+ characters... (And no, I'm not buying tele scrolls)
And I bet lots of people feel the same way. So I think that map will (almost) forever be out of reach.

Edited by Realus, 22 March 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#30 hartsa

hartsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

Yeah I think the most important thing about the poll was to get a needed amount of total votes (about 20 - 30 per server). That is already a good result because we have then a required amount of people to move out from OD to some other map :)

I'm giving the TI surface a try and I'm seeing over 10 other people there now and it's running already a lot better than any other map we have tried before. I think TI surface might be the easiest of all the alternatives to try because it's most reachable, it's not that big and the monsters aren't too difficult.

We have some spawn at TI surface (Ymir) people! Let's try to keep it going on...

I would like to try Ein field 5 if the afk leveling in TI seems to work :)

#31 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

Trying out TI surface today. Not too bad, getting about 3% xp in 20 minutes (lvl 110 Eleanor, yay for one shotting Pests with Sonic Claw) with however many people we have there now.

#32 hartsa

hartsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

It's actually pretty good. Let's hope that people will come back there again the next day.. I am definitely getting back there tomorrow. Would still need more people to cover all the mobby areas. I'm estimating we are having at least 15 people there (Ymir).

#33 Realus

Realus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

It's actually pretty good. Let's hope that people will come back there again the next day.. I am definitely getting back there tomorrow. Would still need more people to cover all the mobby areas. I'm estimating we are having at least 15 people there (Ymir).

I'm counting 11 + a random Sin running around.
>_>; 6 of those are me... And my family wants me to attend someone's graduation tomorrow so I can't set up then, lol.

But there's still some places that get very cluttered with mobs... I keep having to clear them out with my biochemist to artificially create spawn.
And some of the alchemists I placed a little too far, because I figured with 11~ people, It's better to spread out abit, rather than have perfect locations that will leave no pockets.

#34 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

I'm on TI surface atm on my 3 genetics. lets get more people in here!

#35 Realus

Realus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

Currently at 15 Alchemists inside TI Surface.

Main points that need to be covered =
Top Left, Top Middle, Top Right;
Then just before Top left; And Just before the branch maze near the top right.
(5 spots)

If anyone wants a spot from a character in Deviluke; I'll move to a less desired space Just PM "Arc-en-ciel" on who you want me to move. I just want a map other than OD2 to be viable.

Edited by Realus, 22 March 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#36 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

It seems turtles is empty on Valkyrie.

#37 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

And now the spawn is too good at TI surface, lol! Died when I went to make and eat dinner (isn't that always the case?). 110 Eleanor just couldn't keep up I guess. Might be better for the ones with AoEs now. It's quite lively.

Don't think I'll be heading back until later tonight, as it seemed kind of full, which is a good thing!

#38 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

In Valk server 4 genetics in Brasilis go people ><

#39 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

We are in four, roaming on Brasilis 2 right now. Gather up and kill!!!!! [BR2, Valkyrie]

Edited by asayuu, 22 March 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#40 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

What have i got to lose? Ill join :P

#41 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

ok i go lv 2

Edit: 4 Genetics LV 1 2 genetics and LV1 2 genetics more people ><

Well is time to go OD1 for recluit people for brasilis 1 or 2 :p_sad:

Edited by AmonRA, 22 March 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#42 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

Yey 5 Genetics and 1 alche + 5 bots in Brasilis 2 and 2 genetics in brasilis 1 <3 gogogog people

Sorry for double post but is good notice <3

Edited by AmonRA, 22 March 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#43 Arceyn

Arceyn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

My assessment of Turtle Island Surface:Ymir so far:

Pests seem to be the leading cause of death, not even Dragon Tails, once the Pest goes into hide, the homunculus drops target and heads to the next monster.
Solutions:
  • Pest Armor or Antonio Armor or Hatii(Garm) Armor or Loli Ruri Armor, etc is one solution -- if you have it.
  • Wearing a shield, I see alchemists mostly wearing a two handed weapon. If you're afking, and just throwing aid potion when you do look at the screen, possibly feeding your pet, then what's the point? Just equip a shield already.
  • Hiding in corners, inbetween tree stumps is another solution to it, it seems. The pests will tend to target your homunculus first since it's out infront of you, and you should be left alone.
  • Altering your Homunculus so it will attack whatevers on you first, over whatever is on itself will also help solve this problem, since the mobs will not drop off the homunculus and on to you as it fights for you.
These are obviously just a few of the ways you can protect yourself, if someone would like to add to it, they're welcome to.

As for the EXP:

The EXP is good, but the problem I'm seeing right now is the death count, partially this is avoidable by the solutions I have suggested earlier. Also the fact that there's so many stubborn people still hanging out in Orc Dungeon 2, it makes it a bit harder. If people were more side by side they would be protected better. The spawn rate could be faster with more people as well, and the exp gain would be even higher. Again the only down side I am seeing at all is the pests, but they are a nuisance more than anything!

As for any complaints that are about to ensue due to lack of spawn or people sticking around in Orc Dungeon 2:

Everyone has to also remember this is the first day we are all trying a new map. There are stubborn people who are reluctant to move, so yes the spawn rate is a bit lower than it should be. But if everyone stands their ground and continues to come back daily, Orc Dungeon 2 will slowly die out. The spawn on Turtle Island Surface will then be much greater, and the EXP will come much quicker.

If anyone has anything to add, or noticed anything I may not have because I've been AFK a bit, please comment!

Edited by Arceyn, 22 March 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#44 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 582 posts
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

My assessment of Turtle Island Surface:Ymir so far:

Pests seem to be the leading cause of death, not even Dragon Tails, once the Pest goes into hide, the homunculus drops target and heads to the next monster.
Solutions:

• Pest Armor or Antonio Armor or Hatii(Garm) Armor or Loli Ruri Armor, etc is one solution -- if you have it.
  • Wearing a shield, I see alchemists mostly wearing a two handed weapon. If you're afking, and just throwing aid potion when you do look at the screen, possibly feeding your pet, then what's the point? Just equip a shield already.
  • Hiding in corners, inbetween tree stumps is another solution to it, it seems. The pests will tend to target your homunculus first since it's out infront of you, and you should be left alone.
  • Altering your Homunculus so it will attack whatevers on you first, over whatever is on itself will also help solve this problem, since the mobs will not drop off the homunculus and on to you as it fights for you.
These are obviously just a few of the ways you can protect yourself, if someone would like to add to it, they're welcome to.

As for the EXP:

The EXP is good, but the problem I'm seeing right now is the death count, partially this is avoidable by the solutions I have suggested earlier. Also the fact that there's so many stubborn people still hanging out in Orc Dungeon 2, it makes it a bit harder. If people were more side by side they would be protected better. The spawn rate could be faster with more people as well, and the exp gain would be even higher. Again the only down side I am seeing at all is the pests, but they are a nuisance more than anything!

As for any complaints that are about to ensue due to lack of spawn or people sticking around in Orc Dungeon 2:

Everyone has to also remember this is the first day we are all trying a new map. There are stubborn people who are reluctant to move, so yes the spawn rate is a bit lower than it should be. But if everyone stands their ground and continues to come back daily, Orc Dungeon 2 will slowly die out. The spawn on Turtle Island Surface will then be much greater, and the EXP will come much quicker.

If anyone has anything to add, or noticed anything I may not have because I've been AFK a bit, please comment!

Im at ti surface now and the exp is pretty good. Im going to post something on the mains to get people to flock more
and also put my baby gen at orc dungeon to get people to go :D also as far as survial they can also use Ring of resonance or im going to try a sasquatch until i can get my hand on a pest or garm god forbid lol

#45 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

8 Genetics in Brasilis 2 O: is good come on peoples >w<

#46 Realus

Realus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

Okay, to continue with your TI Surface report: (And I'm too lazy to format, sue me)

Hidden for length, lulz.
Spoiler

Overall, I say I like TI Surface.
It's just unfortunate we don't have enough people to really keep it up it seems.

I believe this completely eliminates Juno7 as any possible option at all. We can't even manage to break 26~ people. What chance do you think we have to ever fill that map?

Ein5/Amatsu 2 are still possible...
But I doubt we can find 30~40 people for Amatsu 2 (For when people log off, or w/e. We can have people to replace them). Our small Alchemist community won't want to do that quest and set up there. I'm pretty sure of this.

So with that line of thinking... I'd have to say if not TI Surface, our only real shot is Ein5.
We should pick a time to Test-Run that map all day, similar to what we attempted to do for TI today. (I will still stick around until 12am PST. But I'll probably take off if I see the numbers continue to decline)

So unless we live out Homunc_S until 150 in OD2... We either need to start somehow getting the word to those stubborn people in OD2 to move.

#47 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

this is good more genetics and alchemist in Brasilis LV 2 now 9~10 peoples right now need more (i think 15 genetics~alchest more) for afk =)

#48 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

Yeah, I like TI surface. I need to gear Dr. Azzy better...

I think it's a realistic target for AFKing. The pests are obnoxious though - they live up to their name - they need rescue tactic set for sure.

At it's peak, we were seeing zenorc-like herding of bunnies! From noon to 10 PST, I pulled in a full level (~4m) on my 10x eleanor implying an exp/hr of 400k AVERAGE, and a much higher peak. Granted I had a really good spot for the Eleanor, and eleanor is very well suited for the map, but my dieter got nearly as much (my sera didn't do quite as well since that genetic kept dying). If peak exp rate was maintained this would be significantly faster than OD2!

#49 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

Yeah, when I looked at my combat log after dying it was all pest hits.

I'm not that badly geared, either, RoR, Valk Mant + Enchanted Peach Tree Shield, +30 hp / 10 sec shoes (forgot the name). Maybe I should ditch the ifrit helm in favor of some other headgear stuffs. Shinobi clip you say? I'll have to look into that.

#50 hartsa

hartsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

This is great news that we have gotten so many people to move to TI surface from OD! Now we need to try and stick around there as much as we can so all the new people that arrive at the map will see there are others. If we can get this working and people like it more than OD we should try Ein field 05 too. I can warp people there when we decide to try it. But I think that we should stay a while at TI so more people would notice that we are there and wouldn't get left behind.

And what comes to the leveling gear all your recommendations seem great. My guys aren't wearing anything fancy currently and have died a couple of times. My favorites are Vital tree shoes, Punk carded garments, Flame skull carded shields and some autocast healing stuff. You might want to try footgear with alarm card (+300hp, vit +1, autocast sight when physically attacked at 20% chance) if you think it would get those pests from hiding. I haven't tried those myself yet though.

My lvl 114 Eleanor is doing a really good job at TI and so is my lvl 108 Sera too. My wife's Dieter with lava slide is even better than my Eleanor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users