Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

Well Ram is cheap on newegg they were a Hotdeal when i bought my comp 24GB ram for 217$ Cad

Cheaper then when I bought it but oh well thanks for adding a little more wisdom to me even though that means I might end up buying 4 more 4 GB of ram lol

The folks saying they aren't going to play RO2 is like folks saying IM GONNA QUIT. We all know you're not gonna quit... we all know you're gonna try RO2.. :)

No I can play this one without playing the other one. Kind of like I can play WoW for 2 weeks get bored and never go back yet play Latale (god never again) a half a year then get tired because of lag.

#52 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

There is one thing Gravity is going to have to do if they want RO2 to gain popularity beyond former RO players; ADVERTISE!

#53 ultra39

ultra39

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

I'd say they need to make a good game first and foremost. Example: for all the hype that Aion got when it first came out, I could only stand to try it out for a week or two before I walked away.

#54 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

There is one thing Gravity is going to have to do if they want RO2 to gain popularity beyond former RO players; ADVERTISE!

RO1 was still a success back in the old days with minimal advertising and I doubt many people found Gravity's silly RO1 commercials convincing anyway. People just played the game on the internet cafes, found it really awesome in gameplay and presentation and stuck with it for a long time. That's what I did back in 2006.

#55 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

RO1 was still a success back in the old days with minimal advertising and I doubt many people found Gravity's silly RO1 commercials convincing anyway. People just played the game on the internet cafes, found it really awesome in gameplay and presentation and stuck with it for a long time. That's what I did back in 2006.

Ahhh good old RO back when I could go to a Thai Internet Cafe with no light almost and basically sit there for hours playing

Good times

#56 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

Currently, I don't care about RO2 since after tomorrow.. the next day after that (Thursday) is my 2 day off.. and.,.. RESIDENT EVIL: OPERATION RACOON CITY WHICH I PREORDERED WILL COME

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#57 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:30 AM

the way things are looking now, RO2's success is entirely dependant on the name RO gave itself and whether or not RO fans will take to it or not. People who've never played RO but have heard of it back in the day might be interested to give a new game a shot, but I don't see it having much appeal to newcomers to the series or casual gamers.

I personally am very excited for LoTs. I find the graphical style (especially the concept art) very beautiful and appealing. It's a lot more elegant than WoW without being overdone.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 20 March 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#58 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1096 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:07 AM

My favorite thing about RO is the way it's geared so heavily around various items and what you can do with them. Most other MMO's just don't have the same satisfaction of killing a monster and watching loot spill everywhere, knowing that all of that junk is useful for something, however small.

For a packrat like me, that's heaven!

Yes this. This is why I keep coming back to RO.

Packrats unite!

#59 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

Opinion about the new RO2:

It felt generic from the beta test. It's got an interesting-looking system or two (the Kafra flying, maybe), but other than that it's just any other 3D MMORPGs you've played so far, really. Didn't helped that I got into Lime Odyssey's alpha and the two games' concept is ...very similar, to say the least, with LO being a way prettier game with more fleshed out systems. I liked the old RO2 better.

#60 theotheruo

theotheruo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCanada Quebec Montreal
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

It felt generic from the beta test. It's got an interesting-looking system or two (the Kafra flying, maybe), but other than that it's just any other 3D MMORPGs you've played so far, really. Didn't helped that I got into Lime Odyssey's alpha and the two games' concept is ...very similar, to say the least, with LO being a way prettier game with more fleshed out systems. I liked the old RO2 better.

Kafra flying remind me of Flyff somehow

#61 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:18 AM

Kafra flying remind me of Flyff somehow

I thought of the same thing when I ride it for the first time, actually.

Now maybe if they'd let you rent your own broom to fly around the game may be a bit more interesting... But then that'd feel Flyff all together. xD

#62 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

honestly, kafra flying is the least interesting system RO2 has. What about life jobs? the new card system? the homunculus-style guardian summons? The ability to vend while offline?

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 20 March 2012 - 06:23 AM.

#63 ultra39

ultra39

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:16 AM

honestly, kafra flying is the least interesting system RO2 has. What about life jobs? the new card system? the homunculus-style guardian summons? The ability to vend while offline?

Kafra flying? Isn't that just RO2's transportation system, like WoW's flight masters?

The life jobs are so-so. Currently, it just seems to be RO2's glorified profession system. The new card system is probably the most interesting feature that I've seen so far.

Every 3d mmorpg is going to feel similar to one another, some in more ways than the other. However, there are fine little details to pay attention to aside from whatever little gimmick each game has, such as how the controls, movement and combat feels, and even just the story. There are quite a large number of people that play(ed) WoW for its (steadily declining) stories and learning about the game setting's lore.

WoW had some of the most fluid movement and combat in a 3d mmo I've experienced so far, while Aion felt sluggish and was just an updated and glorified old style Korean mmorpg. WoW even used to have some platforming elements in some of their earlier dungeons. Unfortunately, these are absent from later dungeons. SWTOR has datacron searching, which is essentially an exploration and platforming sub-game (which isn't entirely pointless, since they give permanent stat boosts once found).

For an obscure free-to-play one, there's Kingdom Heroes. The movement and gameplay was rather simple, and definitely didn't feel like WoW (more clunky than WoW), but it still ended up being a fun game to play. It also had the closest thing to a large scale WoE in a 3d setting. Based on the Three Kingdoms period of China, players could join 1 of 3 factions. If I remember correctly, every wed and sat (lol RO WoE days), you could attack cities to claim them for your faction, but more importantly, for your guild. At the end of each siege, the guild that holds control of the city gains all the gold that it accumulated from taxes since the previous siege.

Included in this game, was a siege weapon system to break down city gates faster, a bodyguard system so you could have the feeling of controlling a small squad of soldiers in a large battle, mounted combat (every class could ride mounts and fight from them), and some pretty epic navel combat that wasn't just a gimmick or a transportation method. There was also the Martial Spirit system, which granted your character the strength and abilities of great Chinese generals (that showed up in the game). Sadly, aside from a few minor balance issues, that game was a money sink worse than the Kafra Shop and was still a grindfest (lol afk leveling with bodyguards ftw).

#64 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:25 AM

Ragnarok Online 2 has no queue will have total sandbox chars can't wait for it!! but ro2....i won't play it the style isn't the style i like.

#65 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

RO2 is in need of more development for sure, it's barely in early stages like RO1 beta years ago, however how do you justify that RO1 after a decade of development doesn't even have proper end game content other than WoE? If we are going to talk about the flaws of RO2 I could tell you a million about RO1 which hasn't yet been able to find solutions to a lot of them, RO2 imo still has a story to tell.

I'll tell you that RO2 is going to hit a different portion of the market, people who do like modern 3D-style MMORPGS plus old people from RO1 trying for new things, and the moment RO2 gets WoE started it will get the real boost!

Edited by Wanderer, 20 March 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#66 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

The Kafra Transport system seems to be ripped directly from Requiem. I'm willing to bet quite a few people who worked on Requiem also worked on this incarnation of RO2. Whether that is a good or bad thing is yet to be decided.

Edited by Maka, 20 March 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#67 FatherBob

FatherBob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

I think this looks better as a sequel attempt. Granted I'm still skeptical, but I'll at least give this one a moment of my time to try it out before I slam it (or praise it, should it be worthy).

First look though, I like the card system they have planned and the dual-life system. I think RO should have something like that. It would be nice to, for example, put my Marc card in a muffler now and then move it over to say, a Nid Shadow Manteau later down the road instead of having to hunt down another card.

Edited by FatherBob, 20 March 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#68 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:26 AM

Some neat new RO2 stuff for people who are interested. (Don't want to make a completely new thread since people are just going to post the same responses anyhow.)

Cash shop outfits for both genders have been fleshed out more and others have been added to the game.
http://ro2.gnjoy.com...q=164&curpage=3
http://ro2.gnjoy.com...q=254&curpage=2
http://ro2.gnjoy.com...q=269&curpage=1
http://ro2.gnjoy.com...q=309&curpage=1

There are also screens of some of the more... interesting headgears that will be available to players.

Looks like you can do something with these headgears.

Looks to be a dungeon map and its quest boss inhabitants. Featured are 2 different versions of Minorous, an oni-like monster, and Baphomet.

If this isn't Ant Hell, then I don't know what is.

What a weird dungeon.

Some sort of arena where you do battle with mechanical monsters. Some of you might recognize a few of these monsters, which are obviously recycled over from the previous version of RO2, Gate of the World.

Not sure what this is about, but it looks like some sort of dungeon finder feature where you can queue up to form a party for a dungeon run. Those who have played the most recent version of World of Warcraft will find this feature familiar.

This looks quite intriguing. Some sort of faction reputation system perhaps?

A feature that allows players to custom color their character's clothes? This looks like a definite must-have!

Hmm, gear enchanting rates maybe? Certainly like the job-exclusive outfits.

Cash shop ores for upgrading and/or crafting?

Upgrading ores.

Whoo-hoo, card synthesis!

Stat-enhancing drugs? This should be fun.

I'm truly at a loss on this one.

#69 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:33 AM

Why do they feel the need to make MVP's like 1236182736781 times bigger than you are <_<?

#70 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:35 AM

In my opinion RO2 should be RO1 with a new server/game engine to reduce lags etc. With bugfixes and some of the RO2 Features like offline shops.

Classic with 3rd classes that are equal(or less strong) to Trans cls.
1st->2nd->Trans
1st->2nd->3rd Cls(Change at lvl85, Nerf the Oneshots etc, keep 99 max lvl)

It's because I never liked the idea that 3rd Cls replaces the Trans Cls. More classes-> more settings->more fun.

#71 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

I can say that RO2 has a good foundation for expansion, it has all the expected features for MMOs, its graphics are competitive in the market (some efficiency things need added for performance). WoW clone is basically any game with 3d characters and quests.. which is every game that comes out essentially, so I'm not going to really comment on that other than to say that WoW graphics are pretty low polygon compared to tons of other MMOs today which is one good reason for its non-performance hit.

That excuse is bull-_-. You can say the same thing about Requeim, and look how they massacred it. Gravity Co is not serious about its community or MMOs which is why they keep failing. The Korea First strategy is hurting their business. RO2 should be released in Japan. They should have accomplished more then they have in 2 years. They also lack the programmers to work with the Gamebryo engine.

Also WoW clone is a cartoon style theme park MMO with players doing fedex and collection quests to move onto the next section of the themepark. Aside from WoE, thats RO2.

#72 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:10 AM

I like Mechanics D:
It would be the only class I'd play, if I could decide which renewal server to play on :S

Anyway, RO1 won't die off just because they release RO2 someday.
Both games will have something special to them, that'll keep their players playing.
What I don't like are the character designs, even with the revamped ones in LotS, they just look too "ugly", so to say. I dunno, but pretty much any anime/manga styled game has that issue.
So far I only encountered one game that had wonderfully designed character models to play:

While being unique compared to other (generic)anime/manga themed games and yet sustaining a level of seriousness/matureness not to be put off as a game soley designed to aim at a way too young audience.

I'll be surely checking RO2 out, once it is released. I wonder though how far it'll differ from RO1.
Most 3D MMO's have the issues of players and monsters not really being a part of the environment, so you can walk through them or have 8279387 players stay on the same spot.
Also, since RO1 got the "wonderful" renewal mechanics, I'm sure something similar will apply to RO2 aswell.

But then again, the era of online games actually being difficult and challenging to play, has died off quiet a long time ago anyway.

And those WoW comparisons are stupid beyond everything.
WoW isn't the first online MMO on the internet.

#73 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:19 AM

Hmm.. Perhaps I should Livestream RO2 again. Haven't played in a while.

#74 DamonEx

DamonEx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:10 AM

Some neat new RO2 stuff for people who are interested. (Don't want to make a completely new thread since people are just going to post the same responses anyhow.)

Cash shop outfits for both genders have been fleshed out more and others have been added to the game.
http://ro2.gnjoy.com...q=164&curpage=3
http://ro2.gnjoy.com...q=254&curpage=2
http://ro2.gnjoy.com...q=269&curpage=1
http://ro2.gnjoy.com...q=309&curpage=1

There are also screens of some of the more... interesting headgears that will be available to players.

Looks like you can do something with these headgears.

Looks to be a dungeon map and its quest boss inhabitants. Featured are 2 different versions of Minorous, an oni-like monster, and Baphomet.

If this isn't Ant Hell, then I don't know what is.

What a weird dungeon.

Some sort of arena where you do battle with mechanical monsters. Some of you might recognize a few of these monsters, which are obviously recycled over from the previous version of RO2, Gate of the World.

Not sure what this is about, but it looks like some sort of dungeon finder feature where you can queue up to form a party for a dungeon run. Those who have played the most recent version of World of Warcraft will find this feature familiar.

This looks quite intriguing. Some sort of faction reputation system perhaps?

A feature that allows players to custom color their character's clothes? This looks like a definite must-have!

Hmm, gear enchanting rates maybe? Certainly like the job-exclusive outfits.

Cash shop ores for upgrading and/or crafting?

Upgrading ores.

Whoo-hoo, card synthesis!

Stat-enhancing drugs? This should be fun.

I'm truly at a loss on this one.

Looks awesome! Can't wait to try it out. Looks much more immersive than RO.

#75 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Server:ymir

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

here is my question.....why is the gm team even thinking about this, why they barely have enough people to keep what servers we have going?
not good business from where i'm sitting.........not saying i am not curious about ro2, just don't want to see the same issues spring up there that we are currently having

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users