3/20 Regular Maintenance - Page 3 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

3/20 Regular Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#51 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

Where will that Basket -> Medals npc be anyway? Eden Group HQ?
Whats the boxter thing anyway?

#52 morakdais

morakdais

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

Where will that Basket -> Medals npc be anyway? Eden Group HQ?
Whats the boxter thing anyway?

Yes, boxter is upstairs in eden group where the chairs and tables are.
Boxter trades-in holiday box stuff for brownie points to get items/new holiday boxes.

#53 balong

balong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

Is boxter coming after maintenance?.if she's in any change to recycle the mystical amplification?.chocolate gift box have the use already which is very awesome,how about the 150 points worth of this Mamp?.and cannot even vend it.lolzi hope something can be done regarding this tmrw.

#54 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:03 AM

OMFG 300 MORE LIKES!! PLEASE GUYS! GM'S BUMP US PLEASE?

#55 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

We had a exp event? :/ these and double drops come in and out with very little to no advertisement really if it was in game like some stuff do you realise ppl aint loggcd in 24/7?

#56 No0b

No0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:30 AM

Would you guys make the cake hat costume purchasable in the Cash Shop? So that people can buy it

#57 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:32 AM

Why even vote? -_-

Pretty sure at least 5 out of 5 of the major Yggdrasil guilds (Volkiba, Valkyrie, Cry More Bro, Warrior Nation, Loki's Realm) do not want two WoE in a row on Saturday.

This will just allow noobs who field 3 people and don't play every week try to influence the vote to get them more castles with empty woes on saturday.

#58 Dmentd

Dmentd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn over my head
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:34 AM

50 fine sands is a 10% drop off a super weak monster, shouldn't take more than 30 minutes for a non-vip that is killing slowly >.>

Here speaks ignorance.

Ignorant isn't stupid. It's not knowing. My wife, son, and I made 23 Devils' Symbols between the three of us, plus one Angels' Symbol. I farmed probably 80% or better of the fine sands, plus a couple sets' worth for friends. So I know what I'm talking about when it comes to farming fine sands for these things. Your "shouldn't" says right away: I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm going to guess anyway. Using a non-VIP low-level GX, I never managed a full set of 50 fine sands in less than about an hour and a half. That's a lot of hours. I'm completely disgusted about the way this event was mismanaged, plus the lack of response from staff, and I think I have a right to be.

Edited by Dmentd, 20 March 2012 - 07:10 AM.

#59 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

Why even vote? -_-

Pretty sure at least 5 out of 5 of the major Yggdrasil guilds (Volkiba, Valkyrie, Cry More Bro, Warrior Nation, Loki's Realm) do not want two WoE in a row on Saturday.

This will just allow noobs who field 3 people and don't play every week try to influence the vote to get them more castles with empty woes on saturday.

Is the pool just for Ygg WoE? or would involve Valk and Ymir as well?

#60 aquaria

aquaria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

Wonder how many people are going to abuse that lvl 11 guild req to vote, it probably takes less than 60 minutes with the right tax slave to get to 11 o.o
Should be more like lvl 20+ I'd wager, since most serious WoE guilds would be packing levels.

I agree with this. Even though I don't woe, my guild for alt character is already level 11. Was quite shocked when I found out.

#61 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

Is the pool just for Ygg WoE? or would involve Valk and Ymir as well?

Heim only promised a voting npc for ygg. I don't remember the exact words, but last week he said that ymir community was different and they were happy with the extra woe.

#62 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

i.e. Ygg is too sparsely populated and a large portion of its players are dual citizens of Valkyrie and Ygg.

#63 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

What is the deal with the Kafra Blossom card? I have been away for some months. o.0 Why remove it?

#64 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

Here speaks ignorance.

Ignorant isn't stupid. It's not knowing. My wife, son, and I made 23 Devils' Symbols between the three of us, plus one Angels' Symbol. I farmed probably 80% or better of the fine sands, plus a couple sets' worth for friends. So I know what I'm talking about when it comes to farming fine sands for these things. Your "shouldn't" says right away: I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm going to guess anyway. Using a non-VIP low-level GX, I never managed a full set of 50 fine sands in less than about an hour and a half. That's a lot of hours. I'm completely disgusted about the way this event was mismanaged, plus the lack of response from staff, and I think I have a right to be.

Your certainly have the right to be angry, that lot of Fine Sands you farming, I'm guessing you, your wife and son have 8 characters each. If as a GX you kill an average of 5 sleeper per minutes there is an issue that isn't the game. Either, you are killing the wrong monsters, farming in the wrong zone or you are just doing it very casually while doing other stuff while not teleporting around. (I farmed with a lvl 120 GX and it took me below 10 minutes, note that I have VIP)

So, yes feel free to be angry, saying that I don't know what I'm talking about is just silly because I did the quest (twice) and if you would kill 10 monsters per minutes(Very slow unless you are below lvl 70) it would still take 40 minutes average.

It was said week 1 that the stats would be wiped after 5 weeks (They got wiped 1 week too early for some reason), the quest was buggy and terribly managed. Took 1 week to confirm that -every- stat would be wiped even the +1's.

You also could just have used the money from the Great Natures and bought fine sands, either way I find it incredibly silly to bother doing that quest 24 times+ but if you enjoyed doing it I have no right to say what you should like or not.

#65 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

OMFG 300 MORE LIKES!! PLEASE GUYS! GM'S BUMP US PLEASE?

We just need a few hundred more people to make a FB and like ragnarok to ensure our xp's XD

#66 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

What is the deal with the Kafra Blossom card? I have been away for some months. o.0 Why remove it?

This update just allows people to desocket kafra blossom cards from accessories unless I am misreading something.

#67 Dmentd

Dmentd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn over my head

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

... Either, you are killing the wrong monsters, farming in the wrong zone or you are just doing it very casually while doing other stuff while not teleporting around. (I farmed with a lvl 120 GX and it took me below 10 minutes, note that I have VIP)

Please don't tell me that I play "wrong" because I don't play the way you do.

So, yes feel free to be angry, saying that I don't know what I'm talking about is just silly because I did the quest (twice) and if you would kill 10 monsters per minutes(Very slow unless you are below lvl 70) it would still take 40 minutes average.

You did the quest twice. We did it about 26 times. My results are as valid as yours, and I have a larger sample to speak from. Once again, please don't tell me I'm wrong because I don't play like you.

#68 Lazerbomb

Lazerbomb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

you should do a drop event instead of/in addition to EXP...cuz i want drop event and there hasnt been one in forever :(

#69 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

drops too plz

#70 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

Please don't tell me that I play "wrong" because I don't play the way you do.

You did the quest twice. We did it about 26 times. My results are as valid as yours, and I have a larger sample to speak from. Once again, please don't tell me I'm wrong because I don't play like you.

Feel free to reread the last sentence of my last post. Farming Fine sands is not long , if you felt like doing it a complex or very long way it's your fault.
I could play smashing my head on the keyboard, the game doesn't have to cater to my gameplay style.

Statistics are statistics, killing 10 Sleeper per minutes require you to be able to do 467 damage per seconds if you hit 1 target at a time. 180 ASPD is 2.5 attack per seconds meaning you need below 200 attack to reach that damage. GX also has Rolling Cutter/Meteor Assault/Grimtooth which are great to AoE to multiply the killing speed.

Like I said, if you want to play an incredibly "un-optimal" you can and if you enjoy it that's even better because that's what gaming is about, having fun.

This being said, I said everything I felt like saying on the subject so I'll stop replying to keep the forums clean from more pointless arguing.

Edited by Shiroi17, 20 March 2012 - 11:33 AM.

#71 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

There is always the option of VIP + HE Gum if you want to do the sand hunting quick :)

#72 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

Jaye Don't try to tell me how to play! :p_sad:

#73 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

There is an old addage; Something can be done three ways, Fast, Cheap, or Right. You only get to pick 2.

Since it can only be done one way (having the sand), you can't bring the wrong item to the npc, your choice here is between fast or cheap. Either you get it fast (kp) or slow (free).

Anyone who thinks they can get all 3 is not very experienced with the world.

Edited by Jaye, 20 March 2012 - 11:54 AM.

#74 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

Muffins that is all

Edited by Randomititiy, 20 March 2012 - 12:45 PM.

#75 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

Muffins that is all

i like muffins!

0 user(s) are reading this topic