They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

I thought about it. Would rose be in better standing if they go pay to play?

Also id like some pro"s listed from other community members. Not really interested in cons.

#2 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:25 AM

I think so.. but only if they then also decide to take the IM shop away - then they can really balance stuff out without those external factors ruining it.

#3 Grievousx

Grievousx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationU.S.A North Carolina

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:40 AM

I would rather Rose be P2P. For the reason they can conentrate on fixing bugs, glitches, developing, balances (mainly economy and classes), 3rd jobs, higher lvls, aslo maybe a few more jobs to choose from and maybe a different driving/riding mechanics ie: flying. Adding all these things and taking out IM completely would make this game far more enjoyable in my opinion.

#4 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

In it's current state, I don't think so. Too late for that IMO. Go back a couple years when things were doing better on a community level, sure, maybe they could have pulled it off with somewhat decent numbers. Sadly, the game and it's keepers lost much respect down the line... The game would need to improve drastically and unless the monthly fee is very low and Item Mall changes to a non P2W/Mass Gamble scheme, I think to make Rose P2P now would be suicidal.

P2P is not a solve all to Pay to win methods or sorting out priorities either. A lot of P2P games have in game cash shops, many of them sell P2W items. Rose would not make much money without their IM, so do you really think they would get rid of it even if they did become P2P again.

Edited by PoopsMcgee, 20 March 2012 - 06:45 AM.

#5 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

If the game never went F2P again it would have died. The playerbase numbers in the last couple months were lower than what they have been F2P to today. Charging a monthly subscription does not correct the obvious flaws we have, because to be honest Gravity would probably make less income than they do now.

The item mall existed during P2P and it would still exist in all of it's glory if it returned to that state.

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

I don't think it would solve all the problems either but it most definitely would change the player base and could carry potential to fix a good amount of the issues with p2w things. Other things would not even be impacted at all like the kings set etc. This is good though I'll be waiting for more responses

#7 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

SOPA should take action and take down those private servers, so we have a reason to go p2p and not having to worry about competiting with private servers. :happy:

#8 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

I think this is a greta idea personally however, I think that going full on p2p would be the end of rose...

One step that I think would be nice to see is a "Premium Channel" added to the current list of channels...

I think this would be a good stepping stone for the game to go into the p2p way of gaming again... though I also feel that the dev team would need to focus more on adding meaningful content rather than sugar coating what little they have...

I am all for p2p... I actually enjoyed the game a lot more when it was p2p than I do now...

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

honestly I believe trupain has a VERY good point. perhaps a p2p channel with extra features, instance modes [when implemented], and perhaps extra class features.

#10 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

The thing is, just making it free to play doesn't actually do that. If it were that simple then they would (I hope) implement these things on the live server already. They need to do work for these things to happen, turning on a p2p switch doesn't actually do the work for them.

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Well obviously it would take time for those things to be added, but for the time being the p2p channel wouldn't be as crowded either, making farming better and boss hunting as well.

#12 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

Out of my own personal curiousity how does P2P change anything?
Less people, generally means less.

Bugs/Fixes don't come faster just because its P2P vs F2P.

The PlayerBase now is greater than it was this time last year Phish, just that it's been a year for everyone to not realize it.
Everything else Phish mentioned I would agree with him on that. P2P isn't an answer to your desire for more things to do, its time and resources that get you more thing.

#13 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

My bad, I meant to say the playerbase during the last couple months of P2P were lower than anything since then.

#14 Grievousx

Grievousx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationU.S.A North Carolina

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

Bugs/Fixes don't come faster just because its P2P vs F2P.

The PlayerBase now is greater than it was this time last year Phish, just that it's been a year for everyone to not realize it.
Everything else Phish mentioned I would agree with him on that. P2P isn't an answer to your desire for more things to do, its time and resources that get you more thing.

Does the greater PlayerBase have anything to do with more creations of secondary accounts and also people using more clients while they play the game? Does the system recognize these certain people and in fact new people are joining the world of rose?

#15 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

Does the greater PlayerBase have anything to do with more creations of secondary accounts and also people using more clients while they play the game? Does the system recognize these certain people and in fact new people are joining the world of rose?

Players using multiple accounts has been around for years, so if consider this its the same as if I didn't.

#16 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:29 AM

I don't think the population has grown much since last year in my honest opinion. I can see how Calanor would say that though. Look at all of the botters in game these days. The amount of botters compared to last year has increased a lot. We have a community that realizes that they can bot and 9 times out of 10 get away with it regarding leveling and farming. Some of these people get banned, so they create new accounts, and try to get away with it again. We also have an increase of dual clients for UW, vends, which is no secret, you can easily get richer using these methods. It just took time for more people to realize it. Due to the events, which are not always all level friendly, new accounts have been made too. I don't need to go on.. even though I could. Some times, I wonder if GM's and CM's stick around in the game and pay attention to more than statistics.

#17 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:43 AM

They probably have statistics of how many IP adresses log into rose, not only clients.
You can have 15 characters open to leech, bot, afk somewhere, but they're all used under a same adress that can be recognized by the system.

#18 Rayun

Rayun

Tool Creator

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth
  • Server:Leo,Draco,Pega

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

They probably have statistics of how many IP adresses log into rose, not only clients.
You can have 15 characters open to leech, bot, afk somewhere, but they're all used under a same adress that can be recognized by the system.

This is cat and mouse game. If botters/etc want to find way to hide their single source, they will find it.
Adding additional restrictions will hurt primarily legal players (botters and other abusers will find way to bypass it).

#19 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

At this moment in time... I have to fully agree with Calanor... p2p would hurt rose more than help rose...

However, I still stand by my other proposal of at least getting a p2p channel (*hint hint* premium account perk!)

People that have their clerics on one account and another character on another account will have to pay for 2 or more accounts if they want their full access to the premium channel... It would be a win win for those who pay for the premium account and for gravity... double the payments at the very least... at this moment I would doubt that many players at the level 220 range care much for the premium account and more than likely just pay for their alt account to get the slightly added exp...

As it sits right now, my opinion about the premium account just isn't enough for me to want it at this moment... sure the premium storage is a great part of it... but with multiple accounts... is that step really necessary?

#20 OperatingSystem

OperatingSystem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWashington, US

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

I believe P2P will be a complete crash of Rose Online, the player base, content, community, everything is at an extreme low as it is right now.
Like others have said, nearly 99% of the game is people loading up several accounts at once to do various things to gain an advantage. In turn, it causes people to not help each other, and the community itself takes a blow cause people farm and then overflow the market with items. There is an unchangeable trend with Rose Online now days, the old days are over, this game is slowly coming to an end.

I remember back when I first started playing, there were lots of friendly people, and clans that helped each other out all the time, whether it be with items or money or what have you. There wasn't mass aoeing all the time in select areas, people actually went around and explored different areas. PvP was more or less balanced then with the damage caps, it was who hit the fastest, or used the right skills to take down the opponent. Now days there's tons of IM that just gives players everything they need, no need to work, just buy IM and your set to go, you'll always have an advantage over the other players. I also remember when Clan Fields was actually something fun to do, because there weren't all these over powered Unique's and grade 7 gems, or even hardened/darkened what have you weapons and gear. It was basic, fun, and it took some work to actually achieve stuff. One memorable thing of the Clan Fields was clan members of the same level range could actually fight against each other at a low level and see how they ranked for their level and gear. It was a neat time. Now days. everyone is running around with Max refined gear, max level. Even leveling at a low level like a I said, people just aoe in a select few spots till they are max level and then go PVP, which in itself is way unfair anymore. Back then, to refine things was crazy. Getting a refine (4)-(5) was like the shiznit, and not to mention the items required to refine; there was no bindrunes/talismans/or apatrope.

Edited by OperatingSystem, 25 March 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#21 Sundizzy

Sundizzy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:44 AM

hmm i was not around during p2p but played a dex cleric during beta and that was awesome

bring back dex clerics is all i say :D

#22 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

Dex clerics still exist, dodge type war supportive clerics are very good at taking damage and keeping the party alive.

#23 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

Guys guys guys. What about posative perks of p2p. I understand the community vposition very clearly and also believe firmly that rose will not go back. But. What features of p2p did you enjoy that are now gone. This is kind of like a brain storm thread to bring back some good ol stuff. Or possably new stuff that's formed around expired and removed content. Like clan wars. Only the smaller things. I remember when essense was the only real market and there used to be vendors galore in zant for it. Loved my nymph wings at 25 etc. Kinda miss low level farming myself. What about you community?

#24 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

The refine system is the central ultimate goal of ROSE online for me back then, but with F2P which means Pay-to-win, you can buy your leetness which basically destroy the purpose of playing a game.

I remember you can actually name some (9) weapon and you can linked that weapon to that specific player because (9) was just too rare and amazing. Earn zulies was hard back then, now with F2P, you can just buy zulies indirectly from Item Mall. And without any Item mall donation, you are just doomed to become window shopper and feel extremely useless.

This isn't really a rant or something, but it is the truth.

Pay to play:
-enjoy the effort that put into vending
-enjoy the time it takes to level and farm
-enjoy the rewarding feeling that you obtain from (9) equipments in PvM/PvP
-on going free-content
-much larger community

Free to play:
-I used to vend during P2P but never do it after F2P
-nothing special if you are high level, farming is absolutely pointless since v.328
-everyone is identical
-item mall update every week
-tiny multi-clienting community

#25 nikst3r

nikst3r

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationIn my bed
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

...with F2P which means Pay-to-win...

...And without any Item mall donation, you are just doomed to become window shopper and feel extremely useless...

I disagree, You can get wealthy enough without buying IM. For myself: I bought all my stuff with zulies. I agree that if you had bought the stuff you would obtain it slightly faster. Remember it takes money to make money, once you have 1b, you can have many more with ease.

...Pay to play:
-much larger community...

The community will not increase by adding p2p, the community was dropping in the final stage of p2p, reason enough to change the business model and make it f2p with IM income. It's most likely the reason why Rose still excists today...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users