Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

This is a simple guide to help newer players to better AFK in Port of the Winds. Note that you should not try this until you are an experienced player--I would recommend at least level 70 or higher, depending on how quickly you mow through content.

♥♥♥♥♥♥ How to AFK! ♥♥♥♥♥♥

First and foremost, you absolutely must join a guild. Note that almost any guild you join is not going to do the trick, you're going to need a dedicated guild of like-minded individuals who are dead set on doing this with you. Soloing is not recommended. Currently the best guild at doing this is Badtouch, but in a server full of such inactive players, this is of course very subject to change.

Next, you're going to have to learn to not actually talk to these people. Acknowledge that they're there, but ideally you'll only want to talk to about 3-5 of these members on a program outside of Dragon Saga; the experts use Windows Live Messenger/MSN but in rare scenarios Ventrilo or even Team Speak may do the job. Coordination is key.

This is where you really start to make progress. You'll need to find a spot. Your guild will, by nature, select a channel [Currently only five available], and then you will find a position. Most, if not all avid AFK players, choose the center of Port of the Winds, right up against the most screen-ward ledge. You will position your character here alongside other AFK players, careful not to overlap, and line up.

Now the fun really begins. Equip all of your best gear [I told you to get to 70+, you should have listened!] and your favorite IM costume. A more experienced AFKer will intentionally go in another guild's channel and equip garbage gear, or only a level 25 weapon. This is because AFK players are spiteful and mean-spirited by nature, and you will want to laugh it up with your guildies when a rival guild player tries to click you and see your gear. For best results, equip a Halloween broom.

You will want to go do something very time-consuming, like writing a blog post about privileged white people, making a bowl of cereal, etc. For the highest degree of irony, you may want to attempt viewing a Dragon Saga video on Youtube. This works best if it is a video of Elga, preferably the speedrun posted by Yurai for the highest degree of ironic irony.

Spend the next few hours or so talking to people on MSN about how much you hate other guild members and other guilds. It helps if you all have some experience with the leader or a prominent figure in a rival guild, especially Battlesquare experience. AFKing just can't be done without a good Battlesquare story!
♥♥♥♥♥♥

Absolute "Do-not-do!"s:
-Guild Quests
These are by far the most productive thing in Dragon Saga to accomplish. Doing even one of these may ruin your reputation as a capable AFK player. Avoid at all costs!!
-Daily Quests
These are like Guild Quests except not as useful. The EXP and potential Skill Forges or otherwise useful items make this a very dangerous endeavor to embark on. You can do better getting some sightseeing at Port of the Winds!
-Mission Maps
These challenging areas more often than not will give you some form of virtual compensation for completion, whether it is some armor to sell or some gold. You do not want any of that in your AFKing, trust me.
-Dungeons
This is a big one, though not as big as Guild Quests. Drakos Tower is one of the prime examples; farming this means you're using IM that could be better spent on cosmetics for AFKing on Fl. 50 scrolls. Killing Paris is incredibly rewarding and will definitely besmirch your AFKing talent. Avoid.
♥♥♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥♥
I really hope this guide has helped some of the newer players understand the nuances of AFKing properly, and encourages some players to level up and join the real veterans!

Here's a screencap of a really great AFK player [Me!!] Your end result should look something like this:
Posted Image

Edited by Kazu731, 20 March 2012 - 10:32 AM.

#2 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

You should also add that AFKing is quickly becoming THE best way to get event rewards as opposed to actually playing the game (what a horrible time that was!) and mention dueling in town.

Dueling is basically useless and stupid, but it DOES require actually doing something.

Also, you might want to add that a new area may be added to AFK in, Sky Garden. Also try to mention what channels people should AFK in, depending on level. In my experience, Channel 1/2 is great for 4X and lower.

#3 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Do I need all legend +20 gears to afk or what?

#4 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

+20 and Legending makes your AFKing much easier but overall it is the skill that is important.

#5 Reikaa

Reikaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Earth

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

Why isn't this thread stickied?

Edited by Reikaa, 03 April 2012 - 06:51 AM.

#6 Kaiservadin

Kaiservadin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

best way is to mine or log that way you get money too unless you have 9999 gold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users