Thoughts on Balance Patch? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Thoughts on Balance Patch?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Aero

Aero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

With the Balance Patch in action for a few months now. What are your thoughts about the "balanced" skills?

Mine: I believe, SD needs to get toned down in cast time (their cast times, after balance is = to a mjolnir+Dex stacked SD in pre). Pre-Balance, sorcs were capable of spell breaking incoming SD, but not anymore. Might as well make SD instant cast lol, no point of having .5 cast time if it has a phen effect.

EDP: Goes away on switching/Can't be used without a weapon/goes away via masq weak etc. = expensive/tactics demolished. Poor GXs x.x

Now, my question is. Do you think certain skills are "balanced"? Please provide a statement on why or why not! Thanks.

#2 Beanbean

Beanbean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk / Ygg

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

I'm happy with it. It really sucked that gfist has the 10 second sp penalty, I really think they should've looked at something like putting a 10 second delay on gfist rather than the sp penalty, or just nerfed it during woe.

I love what they did with deep sleep, that was a really retarded skill.

SD is pretty dumb now but surprisingly I see fewer mechs in woe now than I did pre-balance which is weird.

GX rolling cutter is reasonable, I'm kinda glad they put it in even though I don't play a gx at all.

Diamond dust crystallization is really dumb. There shouldn't be a skill that keeps you from potting or using items.

I'm glad howl chance is lowered, even if in exchange I have to put up with more howls per minute.

#3 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

only thing i really like is no more immunity to freeze with stats

#4 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

EDP Nerf is one of the most stupidest things they could put in game

#5 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

On RGs Exceed break weapon switching got fixed. Now Exceed break has a new bug which they dont feel like fixing. Loss of Exceed break when gear(not weapon) swapping.

#6 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

SD is pretty gross but with the addition of some of the homunculus S skills at least it's stoppable now... (as long as gtb doesn't block them, havn't tested it)

#7 Beanbean

Beanbean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 819 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

EDP Nerf is one of the most stupidest things they could put in game

Which nerf?

#8 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

I don't mind the balance patch, I actually liked it.. I just want most of the Mechanic Mado Gear bugs fixed... The rest I can live with.

SD is strong... but it has 5 minutes of Cooldown... and you can still miss due to the dumb position lag that front/back slide have.

#9 Aero

Aero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Yeah, I agree with everything that has been posted so far and I forgot to mention Diamond Dust. But, you're right; it is really stupid. As for the "EDP nerf", EDP gets removed via weapon switch.

I'm also glad with the AB skills buff. It definitely encouraged more people to play their ABs in WoE, the same goes for rangers lol.

#10 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Balance patch... balance in RO? :hmm:

#11 Beanbean

Beanbean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 819 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Yeah, I agree with everything that has been posted so far and I forgot to mention Diamond Dust. But, you're right; it is really stupid. As for the "EDP nerf", EDP gets removed via weapon switch.

I'm also glad with the AB skills buff. It definitely encouraged more people to play their ABs in WoE, the same goes for rangers lol.

People keep saying this but I was pretty sure that it was like that before the balance patch lol. Maybe I'm just crazy.

#12 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

Balance?? Does that even exist?

#13 leobut

leobut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

The only thing I have to complain about is SR being nerfed. Its so much weaker than AS and yet takes double the arrows and more than double the sp...

#14 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

I like Diamond Dust it keeps the Sura at bay. Just as a moat keeps the black knight at bay <- Family Guy reference.

#15 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

Still feel like a masochist playing my Wanderer.

#16 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

Balance?? Does that even exist?

Yes, we exist!

Okay, back to topic.

"Balance Patch" and "Wanderer". Two unfitting words.

#17 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Don't see this game as balanced but that is just me and a few others maybe

I don't mind though for now anyways

#18 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

Maestros got nerfed, and GX's/Rangers got buffed as hell. Well i think they should totally decrease the damage of arrow storm, and give back the old severe rainstorm damage, with the GX's well those are kind of balanced, quiting the fact they should remove some damage to rolling cutter.

#19 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

Maestros got super buffed you mean ^_^ frost joke screws with people so bad. Indirect huge buff with the int not being freeze immune change

#20 MiAmoreCadenza

MiAmoreCadenza

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationBelfast, UK
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

I think RG's Inspiration needs to be unnerfed. Now it's way too short and just plain gimped. There was no reason to nerf it!

#21 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

Maestros got super buffed you mean ^_^ frost joke screws with people so bad. Indirect huge buff with the int not being freeze immune change

Now they have to buff the female class and remove the stun immunity yay! *haha just kidding... or not.*

Maestro's playstyle just changed. Instead of stopping people with deep sleep, they stop people with frost. But wandererss.... D: D:

But both classes are now useless at pvm if they don't use strings. Remove the friendly fire chance of DSL and make it work at PVM! And of course... Correct the bugged duration D:

and lower the cooldown of ALL chorus skills. Great Echo does not deserve more than 3s cooldown. With the new nerf coming to fever, 3 minutes cooldown is too much, drop to 1 D:

#22 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

I think RG's Inspiration needs to be unnerfed. Now it's way too short and just plain gimped. There was no reason to nerf it!

Its a situational skill and even post-patch nerfed it a bit, plus that chunk of 1% exp update at 150, you can still go "beast mode" in woe :rice:

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 20 March 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#23 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

Stun should be buffed imo. Screw the VIt immunity from it. lol

#24 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

Didn't they add an animation to SD that's like a ticking time bomb counting down? Seems kind of silly when it's so friggen fast no one can even see the countdown...

I really need to work on my alt Mechanic. Stick it on an alt account, blow up every five minutes and profit.

#25 LuxiLux

LuxiLux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

Stun should be buffed imo. Screw the VIt immunity from it. lol

What they should do is drastically reduce the amount of stat points a character can have, while giving base stats beyond 100 incredible bonuses. By doing this, you're technically forced to decide between a balanced character with spread out stats vs. a specialized character with stats focused in certain areas.

Pre-RE, you had to sacrifice something in order to get good stun resistance, decent aspd, or a fast cast time. Post-RE, you can easily spread stats around without much sacrifice. Imo, this is the biggest flaw in renewal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users