• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:09 AM

You have had three weeks since you shut down friends list. Three weeks to tell us we wont get it back anytime soon? What happened to having a community . Talking to friends is so awkward now it gets really frustrating. We have had friends list for 5 years suddenly its crashing the game. Really its a wonder we survived for so long without total shutdown. What is the problem? r u working on the problem? what time frame are u working to and are u making it a priority instead of it lying in some guys to do list for months only to discover they cant fix it?

#2 BobDylan

BobDylan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

It will not be enabled any time soon. As stated when it was removed, it was done so to ensure server stability until we have time to fix and update the friends/community windows.

#3 BigBoss

BigBoss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOuter Heaven
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

I just started playing again and I agree this is really frustrating. Half of the reason this game has lived this long is the social aspect and the community. Some of these people have ts/vent to avoid this problem others do not if you make it more difficult to communicate in game your just alienating you fanbase more. I seriously think this should be at the top of the list of things to do. The arena and other new things sound fun an interesting to me but I would prefer the basics of the game work before you put more bugs into the system with new content.

#4 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

I don't hope for failure at all, but I'm just gonna smh and laugh if they implement this new system and it just causes problems on top of already said problems we have now.

Fix whats broken, then add.

Well said BigBoss.

#5 BigBoss

BigBoss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOuter Heaven

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

I don't hope for failure either I've enjoyed this game for a long time however in any situation especially a business model you plan for the best and prepare for the worst.

#6 LadySushineko

LadySushineko

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

The friendslist went down exactly 2 days after I started the game and made hard to start and lvl in game. On the way already lost some acquaintances that could had been friends and would help me in the game since 3 weeks have passed and I still feel like a noob ;__;
Hope it gets fixed soon to help meowbies like me! =^-^=

#7 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:14 AM

I hear there's some changes going with it while it's down as well, let's hope its not to much longer!

#8 nikst3r

nikst3r

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationIn my bed

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:27 AM

In the last week I met a lot of new players, not having a proper functioning communication tools, such as our chat/friendslist, will scare them away for sure !!

#9 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

We are well aware of the issues that not having the friends list makes.
The issue of the stability of service out weights the lack of a friends list for the time being.

Once we have it sorted out and resolved we will update the Friends List and add it back, until then we are all having to manage with out.

#10 NoodleKingg

NoodleKingg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Apparently they took clan wars out just to make some quick adjustments, I guess Clan Wars never came back.

What I fear most is that the Friends List may not come even come back, well at least not anytime sooner. Even though I have no idea how to read codes, scripts, or those fancy computer programing stuff, I really cannot believe that it takes three weeks just to figure out what went wrong with the Friends List. Could the Dev Team at least keep us updated with the progress on the Friend's List? Honestly if I cannot even talk to my friends who are not in the same clan as me, I might as well quit.

#11 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

If I recall correctly, they are trying to implement the Game Arena Style of Friend's List, but a few bugs appeared.

Something like the player's level, class, and a bigger list.

#12 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

I have a feeling that the friends list won't come back. One of those nonworking things that is just "in the game". Kinda like the "allies and funds" thing on the clan info box. Kinda sad really :/ Another thing to make them lose even more money by people overall quitting.

#13 slinger

slinger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationWaiting for 2012 in a hole

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

Apparently
so i here
there addin things to the friends list
like lvl and where they are or something >_>

#14 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

Only thing i ask for is a bigger friend list, i always had to keep telling people my list is full ;x

#15 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

Are we saying there was nothing wrong with friends list? They have just decided to update it. Or is our our old friends list just not compatable with crystal defender style games. As usual just silence from gravity and a few hints for cm and senate its really not good enough to keep silent on these things as it effects all of us players. How would they feel if there contacts on their mobiles got deleted indefinately.

#16 nikst3r

nikst3r

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationIn my bed

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

If I recall correctly, they are trying to implement the Game Arena Style of Friend's List, but a few bugs appeared.

Something like the player's level, class, and a bigger list.

That's great but, ahum, you dont need 4+ WEEKS to do this, give us the old chat back. And, AHUM, why on earth would you TRY to implement something by removing it in the first place. You dont remove UW to implement game arena am i wrong ?! you just update it, or you don't !

Besides that an entirely new script for friendslist can be written in a couple of days, it hasn't brought us that many problems so far, what's the big deal??!!! It's getting pretty annoying imo and all I read is stupid answers or speculations. Give us some real info... Give us the old chat/friendslist and take another year to write a script for the "game arena style friendslist". waiting for things to get updated is something we are used to, we are not used of you taking something and make us wait, a couple of days, weeks, months, years, to get it back. :wall:

#17 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

Are we saying there was nothing wrong with friends list?

you should really start reading more...

The issue of the stability of service out weights the lack of a friends list for the time being.

Once we have it sorted out and resolved we will update the Friends List and add it back, until then we are all having to manage with out.

That's great but, ahum, you dont need 4+ WEEKS to do this, give us the old chat back. And, AHUM, why on earth would you TRY to implement something by removing it in the first place. You dont remove UW to implement game arena am i wrong ?! you just update it, or you don't !

server stability issues was the "official" reason it was removed for the time being, until they find out why or how my guess is itll be down, of course maybe they found it and are going to whip up the new version (if there is one) and put it in instead of implementing it and then changing it again.

#18 Eleria

Eleria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationNicoNico Douga

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:04 AM

server stability issues was the "official" reason it was removed for the time being, until they find out why or how my guess is itll be down, of course maybe they found it and are going to whip up the new version (if there is one) and put it in instead of implementing it and then changing it again.

Well, I don't really know anything about programming and stuff, but it's kinda hard to believe that the friendlist suddenly started to cause server stability issues after more than 6 years.

#19 OperatingSystem

OperatingSystem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWashington, US

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:48 AM

Well, I don't really know anything about programming and stuff, but it's kinda hard to believe that the friendlist suddenly started to cause server stability issues after more than 6 years.

Depending on what "New Updates" have affected the friendslist or Character Server for that matter, it could have opened up some loop holes for exploitation.

#20 johniscu

johniscu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Server:leonis

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

Relax guys itll be back prob bigger and better

#21 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

Wait... that's exactly what you said when you removed chan 2 & 3 o.O

Edited by Niluje, 25 March 2012 - 08:43 AM.

#22 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

You guys have to stop thinking doom scenarios, yes they have screwed up a lot in the past, but you can't keep saying things.
If they screw up again you can say what they should do, don't keep bothering in the progress.
Just my thoughts.

#23 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:00 AM

Seriously, it looks like they created a lot of bugs while trying to implement new feature. They really need to hire some really good project manager, project implementation lead to manage their project.

#24 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:36 AM

You guys have to stop thinking doom scenarios, yes they have screwed up a lot in the past, but you can't keep saying things.
If they screw up again you can say what they should do, don't keep bothering in the progress.
Just my thoughts.

It isn't really doom scenarios we are thinking up. But more and more just keeps going the downhill...and their one simple reasoning for all of it is.... the new game arena. That is why I will just smh and laugh in the feeling of let down when this new game arena comes and the community chats arent back up and their are more bugs.

However, with my hopes..... please please please please please ....PLEASE!... prove me wrong. I honestly don't want to be right, however I feel I will be.

#25 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

Oh well after months of being on here i'm used to every complain thread having doom scenarios lol.
Misunderstood something somewhere very likely, people always seem to be complaining and saying it's bad all the time anyway.

Edited by jerremy, 26 March 2012 - 06:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users