#1 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

Which one is the best for mvping? I mean the usage of their skills, which one is better for mvping? Pyroclastic (ATK) or Pain Killer (DEF)? I have a 90 evolved Amistr, I'm not a woe genet, just mvp. And I don't really know what mvp is better for mvping, at first I thought it was Beyeri because of its safety wall skill but since there's no specific AI for it, and homunculus move so much, I wonder if the homun casts the skill, will it stay in the SW to tank the MvP or will it move away like it always does? Another cons. for Beyeri is that it has very poor sp, and its MDEF is very low too, so mvp skills will kill it anyway.

#2 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

Sera's main use in MvPing is to Pain Killer the genetic, which reduces all incoming melee physical attacks by quite a bit. Sera users have reported taking 1's from normal mobs, and greatly reduced regular melee hits from MvPs.

Dieter's main attraction is its Pyroclastic, which greatly improves Cart Cannon and Acid Bomb damage (acid bomb's damage increases by as much as 20k with this skill activated). Dieter also has Granitic Armor which reduces all incoming damage unlike Painkiller which only reduces melee. It's reduction isn't nearly as much as Painkiller, but as far as I can tell it does reduce skill damage.

I personally do not have a Sera and can't vouch for its tanking abilities. However, I do have a Dieter, so I can say from personal experience that Amistr->Dieters can be one hell of a distraction for MvPs and can tank them for a surprisingly long amount of time, allowing you to throw your deadly Pyro'd bombs at the MvP while it takes additional damage from Dieter's Magma Flow.

This is obviously the viewpoint from the side of a Dieter user, so just wait for someone who has a Sera to vouch for them - I'm sure someone will come give you their opinion as well. They are both really good choices for assisting in MvP battles, and whichever you pick will surely become of some use to you.

Edited by Daize, 21 March 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#3 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

Yeah depends on what you want out of the Homunculus...
I would also tell you Dieter's are best cause it has more skills that help the Genetic

But Sera is also a good choice.

I'm currently leveling a Dieter out of a Amistr, it's slow for the first lvls but once you hit 109 it's pretty easy then. Since Dieter does have the Second strongest AoE Skill of the Homunculus S.

#4 Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

My Sera is 125 and isnt much of a tank, the main reason for getting a skill like Painkiller though is to make the Genetic tank.

#5 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

I'm thinking of changing Amistr to Dieter now haha, it gives me more damage with Acid Bomb and also it can tank while I acid the mvp. Another good thing about Dieter is its aoe skills, they make its leveling so much easier. Sera doesn't have that, and it can't tank mvps (as Yggdrasil said) it only have that reduction skill, but it doesn't reduct skills so it will be useless against mvp's. Who else is able to talk about Sera and its usage?
One last thing, if I use Pyroclastic on my genet and after that I die, will the skill still be activated?

#6 Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

I mainly made a Sera so that it would make leveling my Genetic a bit more easier (what with large mobs only getting off 1 damage per hit) But it would also make a great helper for soloing or going with a small party to ET. Since Painkiller can also be cast on others. (Lets face it some of those MvPs magic spells will kill both you and the homunc anyway without full HP)

Honestly though, ive never liked the idea of letting a homunc tank things for you since its such a pain in the butt to target them with Aid Pot. So I think it all comes down to how you want to play, whether you want the homunc to tank for you and give you a buff in damage or whether you want to be a pretty good tank for the melee damage. Both homuncs have their perks and I know once I finish leveling my Sera to 150 im going to make a Dieter.

#7 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

I'm thinking of changing Amistr to Dieter now haha, it gives me more damage with Acid Bomb and also it can tank while I acid the mvp. Another good thing about Dieter is its aoe skills, they make its leveling so much easier. Sera doesn't have that, and it can't tank mvps (as Yggdrasil said) it only have that reduction skill, but it doesn't reduct skills so it will be useless against mvp's. Who else is able to talk about Sera and its usage?
One last thing, if I use Pyroclastic on my genet and after that I die, will the skill still be activated?

Painkiller is far from useless against MvPs. Although it may only be melee damage that it reduces, it reduces it by a TON. If an MvP is smacking you around for 800 a hit, Painkiller would reduce it to possibly even double digit damage. Sera users have said this makes tanking the MvP and its mob incredibly easy.

I personally like Dieter's playstyle more though, since he can buff my damage and tank, or distract the MvP in case you need to run, buy time, or get some extra damage in without taking any yourself. And since yours would be an Amistr->Dieter, you have CASTLING! This skill is much more useful than it seems, especially in PvP situations if you ever plan on doing that.

Controlling both your homunculus and yourself while in battle against an MvP isn't easy, and takes time to master. This is the playstyle that I prefer, and it seems you're in favor of it as well. HOWEVER, keep in mind that your Dieter will be absolutely useless until level 109, and even then you probably shouldn't rely on him for MvPing until he gets Pyroclastic. Leveling will be tough at first, but don't get discouraged. From what I can tell, Amistr->Dieters seem to be the best homunculus combination to pay off in the end when it hits 150. My Amistr->Dieter is level 134 right now, and has 31k HP! He is a beast of a tank. Can't wait to see how awesome he is at 150.

Edited by Daize, 22 March 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#8 novalkar

novalkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

Painkiller is far from useless against MvPs. Although it may only be melee damage that it reduces, it reduces it by a TON. If an MvP is smacking you around for 800 a hit, Painkiller would reduce it to possibly even double digit damage. Sera users have said this makes tanking the MvP and its mob incredibly easy.

I personally like Dieter's playstyle more though, since he can buff my damage and tank, or distract the MvP in case you need to run, buy time, or get some extra damage in without taking any yourself. And since yours would be an Amistr->Dieter, you have CASTLING! This skill is much more useful than it seems, especially in PvP situations if you ever plan on doing that.

Controlling both your homunculus and yourself while in battle against an MvP isn't easy, and takes time to master. This is the playstyle that I prefer, and it seems you're in favor of it as well. HOWEVER, keep in mind that your Dieter will be absolutely useless until level 109, and even then you probably shouldn't rely on him for MvPing with him until he gets Pyroclastic. Leveling will be tough at first, but don't get discouraged. From what I can tell, Amistr->Dieters seem to be the best homunculus combination to pay off in the end when it hits 150. My Amistr->Dieter is level 134 right now, and has 31k HP! He is a beast of a tank. Can't wait to see how awesome he is at 150.

do you have screenies of it's hp on lower lvls :o?? 115 or less?

#9 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

Does Sera's painkiller also have an Endure effect for the duration of the skill? That's giving you like an Eddga shoe effect without the HP reduction!

#10 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

This is the only one I have:

For anyone who's interested in Amistr->Dieter stats:
Posted Image

His Lava Slide is doing about double that damage now :P

#11 Realus

Realus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Does Sera's painkiller also have an Endure effect for the duration of the skill? That's giving you like an Eddga shoe effect without the HP reduction!

Nope, only 7 hits or so of Endure.
But the Damage reduction lasts the entire duration, endure or not.

You can always recast painkiller for more endure... But it's nowhere as useful as a RK using Spear Dynamo (Concentration) over and over.
Since Pain Killer has a 1 cell range, and interruptable cast time.

#12 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

damn Daize, your dieter's HP is significantly higher than mine.

Mine has more def and aspd, but not by much.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 22 March 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#13 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

pyroclastic is a great skill but granatic armor also reduces all damage by 10% so id say dieter would be the better choice

#14 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

granatic armor isn't all that great though. It reduces your HP by 30% after the duration ends.

#15 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Just so you know my Poison mist Sera is leveling faster then my lava slide dieter.. I think its because of the duration of poison mist vs the 5 hits of lava slide. Mist makes most the monsters aggro onto you and if they dont they stay in the mist and take damage til another homu kills it. I know someone that has a vani->sera and they LOVE it for mvping. I myself am making a amistr->sera for it can't beat the HP and having it take 1s from mobs.

#16 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

My homun is 94 right now, and I decided to make a Dieter. It's the best combination for this homun, more badass hp, aoe skills, more damage with acids and a small reduction so I can still mvping. Thanks for the help, if you guys wanna report something about Dieter or Sera, just do it.

#17 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

Painkiller better in pvm, granitic armor in mvp/pvp/woe, where you could care less about losing 30% of your hp when the skill ends (that's what potions are for).

The reason poison mist produces better exp output in OD2 is because it aggros all the passing herds of zenorcs onto your homun, so your homun is always leveling at the limit of it's killing speed, with no down time chasing, or waiting for monsters - the monsters come to it. This is also why my dieter levels faster than my other homuns there (my homuns are all still 10x) - I use sniping with caprice, to get aggro, so if there are lots of herds, it'll just stand surrounded by monsters, poking (but not quite 1-shotting, sadly) zenorcs that pass by and aggroing them to be killed at it's leisure.

Edited by DrAzzy, 23 March 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#18 mikumikurini

mikumikurini

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationTokyo,Japan

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

which is better, vanilmirth> dieter OR vanilmirth >sera?

or does your first homunc even matter? because im planning to mvp with my homunc.

#19 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

If you are using any homunculus other than Vanilmirth or Amistr for Dieter, you are doing it wrong.

For Sera, I think you have much more flexibility.

#20 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:21 AM

If you are using any homunculus other than Vanilmirth or Amistr for Dieter, you are doing it wrong.

For Sera, I think you have much more flexibility.

I believe that filir can also be a fine base for Dieter.

#21 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

I believe that filir can also be a fine base for Dieter.

No because if you're gonna level it with Magma Flow, you want him to survive longer so you don't have to throw too many pots on him. Filir has crappy defense and HP and has high AGI, which will make monsters miss him a lot, not triggering Magma Flow. Amistr and Vanilmirth are your only choices. <_<

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 11 April 2012 - 05:40 AM.

#22 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

No because if you're gonna level it with Magma Flow, you want him to survive longer so you don't have to throw too many pots on him. Filir has crappy defense and HP and has high AGI, which will make monsters miss him a lot, not triggering Magma Flow. Amistr and Vanilmirth are your only choices. <_<

at higher levels (the levels you'll be using to level with magma flow) you're still going to be hit by mobs most of the time anyway. Also, due to the homunculus stat cap, the only real difference will be your HP (at around lv 130, both a filir base and an amistr base should have high flee) which I don't think will matter too much in the long run. TbH I never use white potions. I just let my homunculus die and then resurrect it each time. Having high flee still means that magma flow will proc on occasion while dieter deals damage with lava slide. Flitting is also much better than blood lust due to cooldown, and will cause your magma flow to deal consistently better damage. Moonlight is a nice skill to have for afk leveling just about anywhere, too.

Honestly if I had a chance to remake, I'd probably have gone with filir over amistr. The best thing about amistr > dieter imo is the hp mod and castling. bulwark did not make as much difference to me as I would have hoped.

I don't really agree with vanilmirth as a base. None of it's skills really suppliment dieter's skill based damage at all, and the SP mod doesn't matter because dieter already has the highest sp mod of all homun S. I went with an amistr base and I never have problems with SP.

I'm quite happy with my amistr>dieter as it is, but sometimes I do wish it had moonlight and sometimes blood lust does frustrate me for being so useless.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 11 April 2012 - 09:12 AM.

#23 Gambri

Gambri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

You're right in that all Dieters will have the same flee at level 150 no matter what the base, but I don't think you understand just how powerful Magma Flow is for leveling. As CeruleanGamer said, Filir has less HP which means it will die faster wich translates into less changes for Magma Flow to proc. Once you unlock Magma Flow Lava Slide becomes obsolete for leveling purposes and the most effective way to level will be to teleport around Magma 2 and gather mobs for Dieter to kill. And trust me when I say that no mob is too big for Dieter to handle. You can literally teleport into a massive mob and have Magma Flow proc multiple times and kill it before you manage to get a single cart cannon off. This is also why you will wanna start using white pots once you unlock magma flow...

Even with a Vani base I often had to spam aid potion to keep my homu alive in Magma 2. That should tell you something.

#24 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

How I wish kRO implemented that Homunculus cure skill. http://irowiki.org/w...Heal_Homunculus

#25 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

How I wish kRO implemented that Homunculus cure skill. http://irowiki.org/w...Heal_Homunculus

Meh, probably wouldn't matter. At least IMO. Aid potion pretty much does what you want. Not to mention it would probably also be patched due to AFKing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users