Buff Shadow Chasers' PvM Capabilities! - Page 6 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Buff Shadow Chasers' PvM Capabilities!

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#126 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

I hope you don't mind that I looked up your characters on ropd but I had to check to see if you had any characters at levels whereby leveling actually gets tough (especially if you're grinding for the EXP). I noticed your highest leveled character is your 120 AB. Everything else is < 110. I am compelled to completely disregard what you've been talking about because I really don't think you understand how difficult it is too get decent EXP at high levels. No matter how happy-go-lucky you are, would you like to be grinding Nogg to 150/50 or would you rather have somewhere better to level at? If you're fine with not being able to handle better EXP training grounds, I don't really understand why you'd be playing a level-up type game. Dishing out damage is one thing, SP/Pots is another. Everything has been working against SCs to render them useless in PvM situations. I know people who'd spend dough on Life Insurances just to save themselves that 0.8% EXP in the 140s range.

Once again, no offense to your previous posts. I just really, really don't agree with you.

I wouldn't say deal the same damage as a Ranger but maybe something like letting em use the Elven Set. It should help SCs a lot but at the same time, does not reduce the demand for Rangers. Double SP consumption is pretty rough on SCs, too, even if they do have one of the better if not the best SP pools for non-magic classes.

Edited by MotherOneDog, 28 March 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#127 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

Who said that was my only account? LoL

#128 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

Anyways, I think you were missing my point. My point was to encourage people to have fun and not worry bout being the first to 150. SC takes longer, harder work DUH. In all the negativity seemed like a time to encourage. Seeing one o fmy acounts and trying to disreguard a friendly encouraging tone is sort of.... Leetist and Dissaspointing. I guess RO cant be 100 % pleasant friendly and support ppl. some % has to be naysayers and leetists snobs. I never said anything about lving the fastest as an SC, all i was saying was in various situations i just HAD FUN WITH HER . .... rude aholes...sheesh.

#129 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Uh. Rude? Guess I shouldn't have said sorry for looking up your characters on ropd and saying "No offence etc etc." Clearly you don't understand the meaning of that EVEN after I gave that line a separate paragraph.

Sorry, I assumed that was your only account. Wasn't thinking about whether you had any others at the moment.

I think I'm done talking to you, though. Since you called me a rude a-hole and an elitist, I might as well play the parts since I'm being accused of them. Don't wanna be accused of something for nothing, ey? :D

Have fun at Nogg or if you decide to change to somewhere else, have fun with the two-hit KOs (guessing you will have fun cuz it doesn't bother you).

P.S. A low-level SC that can't do anything in PvM and in PvP does not have fun. Unless you think gaining 10% a day is fun, then okay, I have nothing more to say.

Edited by MotherOneDog, 28 March 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#130 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:27 AM

Anyways, I think you were missing my point. My point was to encourage people to have fun and not worry bout being the first to 150. SC takes longer, harder work DUH. In all the negativity seemed like a time to encourage. Seeing one o fmy acounts and trying to disreguard a friendly encouraging tone is sort of.... Leetist and Dissaspointing. I guess RO cant be 100 % pleasant friendly and support ppl. some % has to be naysayers and leetists snobs. I never said anything about lving the fastest as an SC, all i was saying was in various situations i just HAD FUN WITH HER . .... rude aholes...sheesh.

Acdtually you are the one being the naysayer/devil's advocate. Its sort of silly your concept that forcing a character to be gimped and level slowly and lonesomely is somehow fun. If it was optional, sure. Every class that is powerful in a party also has an auto-attack build. Rangers can auto-attack and have fun. So can Bishops! But both are also extremely valuable when paired with other people. There is no reason a shadow chaser player should have a less fun character that they can't enjoy with their friends. None.

#131 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

I never said chasers werent gimped. I do agree that they need to be pumped. I am never lonesomely on my chaser, but i realize the community is vastly different on the free servers. Shame, really. In my community, I am never aproblem coming on my chaser. I think the bigger problem here is that. On my server, we help each other, play and party with each other, and encourage each other when it starts to get tough. Ive noticed its not largely like that in the other servers. You guys seem to be forced to go it alone because every body else doesnt want you if your arnt OP. Chasers shine in pvp, making it more challenging in pvm, and untill they get buffed up it would be nice for ppl to show love to each other. See, there is no naysaying here. I never said chasers were perfect how they were. I often think other classes are able to lvl too quickly, too.

While my server is not 100% care bears ( that would be impossible xD~ and probably dull ) , i guess i would like to say : OH I HEART YOU YMIR !

oh and to Mother about .." A low-level SC that can't do anything in PvM and in PvP does not have fun. Unless you think gaining 10% a day is fun, then okay, " 0.0 Ive played RO since 2002. I remember when going from 98-99 people would call it a GREAT day if they got 10% in that day ! Man, how times have changed :) !!! I always giggle when I read things like that. Yes, the old days are gone and we dont have to lvl quite like that anymore, but maybe thats what makes me so grateful about lvling now =D I remember those days ~

Edited by Bestie, 29 March 2012 - 10:32 AM.

#132 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:38 AM

I never said chasers werent gimped. I do agree that they need to be pumped. I am never lonesomely on my chaser, but i realize the community is vastly different on the free servers. Shame, really. In my community, I am never aproblem coming on my chaser. I think the bigger problem here is that. On my server, we help each other, play and party with each other, and encourage each other when it starts to get tough.

OK so if there is a SuperFunEvent™ at the local convention center in your town and they charge people with blue eyes $20 to get in, and charge people with brown eyes $50 to get it, its fair because your friends can help you pay the $50? Blue-eyed and brown-eyed people are treated equally in this example?

Edited by Jaye, 29 March 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#133 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

what the hell are you talking about xD im pretty sure im saying my server is alot nicer to each other than the others..... and you are just gong out of your way to flame that, but i guess it proves my point.

#134 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

I believe it's demand and supply in action here. Ymir has so much less players than Valk and since every guild would benefit so much from an SC, they wouldn't mind helping em out. Or yeah, maybe you've got a better community than our mere F2P server. We apologize for that. How stupid of us to not have had a dream about how bad things would be for us.

Oh, 10% a day at 149? No, sweetheart, I was talking about SCs soloing Nogg at the 120-130s. It's not that bad, though. I mean, it's not like it's 9%, It's 10%. Maybe if I keep it up, I can hit 150/50 in half a year or maybe more cuz I like having picnics at South Prontera on my PvP-oriented character. Oh, wait. You don't mind leveling slow. That's why you play a level-up system game. Maybe I should play Cooking Mama and destroy the Frozen Throne or maybe WoW so I can try to get some High Angle Bonuses with my spells like on Gunbound.

Edited by MotherOneDog, 29 March 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#135 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

The smell of invalidated arguments in the afternoon.

#136 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

little confused on why you still wanting to flame me;D im not even saying anything mean, nor am I attacking you. You arnt even staying on topic, your just bitching. its not MY fault the community is the way it is for you. Also, i wasnt refering to any range, i was merely reminiscing the days . But continue to feel butt hurt if you like ;3 i cant help you with that.

ON topic- I wish we had more options for bows too !

#137 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

Sure.

#138 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:23 AM

little confused on why you still wanting to flame me;D im not even saying anything mean, nor am I attacking you. You arnt even staying on topic, your just bitching. its not MY fault the community is the way it is for you. Also, i wasnt refering to any range, i was merely reminiscing the days . But continue to feel butt hurt if you like ;3 i cant help you with that.

ON topic- I wish we had more options for bows too !

You aren't being flamed. Your arguments are being soundly defeated. you're trying to act like a victim as a defense mechanism. Produce some counter-arguments instead of the -nothing- you have been posting if you want to be taken seriously.

The problem isn't the community. I don't want to have a handicap I need friends to compensate for. I want to be on equal terms with someone who isn't handicapped. AND have friends on top of that. Just like they do. You want _____________________ (blank unknown thing that ends with you arguing pointlessly like an-_-).

#139 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:47 AM

As always, kRO exaggerating on their changes. There was that one problem before balance patch, where the chaser leveled better than the class who gave them the skill [even more if the skill came from archer classes]. Now they barely can move a finger alone, neither can contribute to a party.

Monsters [except KK] don't live enough to deserve being masqueraded, and well... They don't have a damage skill to contribute well in the party either. As double rainstorms stacked, but double arrow storms don't [of course, the ranger oneshots everything already]

If gear is the only way to improve the class... Hmm...

Maybe the elemental sword could be tweaked to increase the autocasted bolt levels depending of the refine. One bolt upgrade every 3 refines? A +9 sword would cast level 6 spells instead of level 3.

#140 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

Yeah but the bolts are really weak in renewal.

#141 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:35 AM

Shadow chasers should be able to copy skills at their original level used by monsters. For example, having level 20+ JT copied from KK, level 10 WB from Drake. Then there should be a quest skill that buffs Auto Shadow Spell. Instead of autocasting only level 5, let it cast between 5 and max level learned at random.

#142 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

Shadow Chasers can learn waterball level 10. I've already confirmed it with myself and several others. Level 20 JT would be cool, but sadly impossible, since you can't learn higher than your level of Intimidate or Reproduce. D:

#143 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

yea ive copies waterball before. JT would be sweet =DDD or at least maybe JT and some sort of special wpn that had a chance to proc doublt bolt with it? neat.

#144 mooMOOmoo

mooMOOmoo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

After balance, How many percent of the Shadow Chasers can get more than 500k exp/hour leveling as a third class?

#145 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

I can with arrow storm for sure but then again I am pretty leet 8D

#146 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

After balance, How many percent of the Shadow Chasers can get more than 500k exp/hour leveling as a third class?

Me, leeching off a bloody branch party.

Or in a TI, on double exp.

#147 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

Rangers are amazing at PvM and bad at WoE, Shadow Chasers are bad at WoE and amazing at WoE. Amazing this elite veteran with supreme unquestionable knowledge does not understand the concept of meta-balance. Yeah there are classes that are bad at PvM and WoE aka Wanderer, and there are classes that are great at PvM and WoE aka Sura. But to suggest unbalancing one the few balances the game has by making it easy for Shadow Chasers to level is assinine and misguided.

#148 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Rangers are amazing at PvM and bad at WoE, Shadow Chasers are bad at WoE and amazing at WoE. Amazing this elite veteran with supreme unquestionable knowledge does not understand the concept of meta-balance. Yeah there are classes that are bad at PvM and WoE aka Wanderer, and there are classes that are great at PvM and WoE aka Sura. But to suggest unbalancing one the few balances the game has by making it easy for Shadow Chasers to level is assinine and misguided.

Lol.

#149 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:16 AM

Can someone translate this into logic please

#150 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

In the days that levelling was actually meaningful and required effort, hard to level chars were good at WoE, and easy to level chars sucked.

totally irrelevant in the face of renewal, but there's the translation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users