DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

These things would make it easier for players to test the new content....

1) Get rid of unhelpful harry and replace with free exp npc, or at least have him give more than 1 level per award (like, 3-8 levels!).
YAY! DONE 9/13!

2) Add npcs selling EDP bottles, acids, grenades, plant bottles, etcetera.

3) Status effects get a total makeover, and lots of new ones are added. Implement an npc that will inflict a status ailment of a player's choice on them. Put one in a PVP room, and one on a non-pvp map. It's possible to inflict status from npc right?

Hell, for that matter, add one for buffs too, so we can buff up without dragging an AB around.

4) Add npc selling kafra shop items. Stat food, scrolls, etc.

5) Zeny NPC

Edited by DrAzzy, 13 September 2010 - 05:00 PM.

#2 KittySuperstar

KittySuperstar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Locationim over there!

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:24 PM

You forgot an obvious one :(

5) Zeny npc

#3 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

Skill components of all kinds would be helpful... even 600z gems are an issue when you're making 10k/level.

#4 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

These things would make it easier for players to test the new content....

Hell, for that matter, add one for buffs too, so we can buff up without dragging an AB around.

And/Or receiving buffs every time you finish a quest!

Also taking care of the lag would be nice :(

#5 DJMaxSilver

DJMaxSilver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:33 PM

I want the updated kafra warps we have on the main servers, because the Juno one can only warp us to alde......

#6 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:45 PM

1. Up the exp rate to lvl
2. remove helpfull harry
3. npc that gives more zeny
4. npc that sells head gear including any event head gear we had in past ie(Crown of Deciet)
5. Item npc selling poison and bombs etc
6. remove the job change npc so everyone will test the job change tests atleast for 3rd jobs

well there are a few

#7 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:04 PM

All of Azzy's suggestions are good. Having to run through Henry for both regular and trans is over 200 quests just for 1 character that's at base 114 (which isn't even high enough to properly test a real third class character build). At an average of 4 minutes per quest, that's over 13 hours for one character. (Naturally your mileage may vary, but my point still stands) I can't imagine many people wanting to do that more than once as it is, so in all likelihood lots of bugs are going to go undiscovered simply because it's too much of a bother to put all of that time and effort into characters that are going to get wiped anyway. It's a real deterrent to testing anything besides the EXP curve.

Edited by Resplendent, 12 September 2010 - 09:08 PM.

#8 Pepperoncini

Pepperoncini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:21 PM

All of Azzy's suggestions are good. Having to run through Henry for both regular and trans is over 200 quests just for 1 character that's at base 114 (which isn't even high enough to properly test a real third class character build). At an average of 4 minutes per quest, that's over 13 hours for one character. (Naturally your mileage may vary, but my point still stands) I can't imagine many people wanting to do that more than once as it is, so in all likelihood lots of bugs are going to go undiscovered simply because it's too much of a bother to put all of that time and effort into characters that are going to get wiped anyway. It's a real deterrent to testing anything besides the EXP curve.

The quest npc is not even a good gauge of the EXP curve. Some of the monsters you are sent to kill are ridiculously hard for some builds, but you have to just struggle through it for that insta level. On a real server, you would check your level and try several different hunting locations of monsters +5-10 levels to see which suits you best. With Henry, you are stuck with what he gives you, which usually sucks. Leveling this way basically amplifies every negative change that comes with renewal.

If all they did was give us a leveler npc, and a zenny npc, we could accomplish a lot more with our testing.

#9 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:29 PM

Yeah the fact I can't afford proper gears despite being nearly 2nd class is completely skewing the way I'm able to play.

#10 Pepperoncini

Pepperoncini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:47 PM

We need focus for our testing. Right now we are just let loose to go "hog wild" and test everything, even though very little is actually available to us. We also have no idea what we are even supposed to report. Are we supposed to make individual posts and update them with the bugs we find? Do we just flood one of these "How do you feel about renewal" or "Renewal testing discussion" posts with our own mixed bug reports? Should we bother reporting Engrish and typos? Or just game-breaking problems?

Here's a case where heavy forum moderation would really help. If we had a series of pinned topics in this Renewal Testing sub-forum like "Drops","NPC Interaction", "Skill Usage", "UI", "Technical" "EXP/Leveling", "Thoughts/Reviews" etc.. And we could only post in those topics, maybe we could actually change this current mess into a nice organized list of things for the GMs to check out.

#11 Pepperoncini

Pepperoncini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:52 PM

Double post, sorry.

Edited by Pepperoncini, 12 September 2010 - 09:53 PM.

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:55 PM

I'd rather someone goes through each thread and merge the ones that are talking about the same thing. I've already seen multiple threads about "Helpful" Henry and Royal Guards.

Threads need to be more focused in order to get things done more efficiently. Pin a general thread for:

Archbishop Problems
Sura Problems
Royal Guard Problems
Training Grounds Problems
Eden Group Problems
Quests and Quest Log Problems
NPC Dialogue Problems (misspells, grammar error, inconsistencies, etc.)
Localization Suggestions

and merge the appropriate threads into them as those seem to be more frequent.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 12 September 2010 - 11:02 PM.

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:51 PM

Good point on the lack of focus - this testing as it is now is more like a bunch of people playing around, rather than people trying to really figure out how renewal is working, and where there are problems.

If it's straightforward to do, could we get a buncha npcs (scattered around, so multiple people could do testing without interfering with eachother), wherev you talk to NPC, and he asks you for a monster ID number, and it summons the corresponding monster (ie, enter 1002, you get a poring, you enter 1658, you get the bio2 MVP, etcetera). To prevent people from spamming it, it could hide until the monster's killed, like so many other npc's in quests do.

#14 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

The problem with stickies is if there were one for each class that's 13 plus extras for quests, TG, etc. I don't think people want almost a full page of them...

#15 Pepperoncini

Pepperoncini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:02 PM

The problem with stickies is if there were one for each class that's 13 plus extras for quests, TG, etc. I don't think people want almost a full page of them...

As long as they follow the same naming conventions, I think it will be just what we need. Plus, they will all be organized together and stay at the top because they are stickied. Even if there were more stickied threads than there are normal threads now, atleast people will be able to browse by topic, and the GMs will be able to quickly jump into a specific section to view bugs.
Maybe others would disagree I dunno. We definitely need some kind of organization though. A word or two from a CM about what we can expect in coming patches for ygg would be awesome too.

#16 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:12 PM

Here's my suggestion to clean up this forum a bit and hopefully cut back on double posting/flooding.

If this forum is capable of it, sub forums for the Renewal Testing area would be a reasonable way to keep things in check and control the flood.

"First class", "Second class", "trans class", "Third class", "Quests", "Game Mechanics" type categories with asking people to tag their threads.

Example title names for posts:
First class sub forum:
[Archer] Arrow shower
Trans sub fourm:
[Gypsy] AV feedback
Quest sub forum
[Eden Quest] Delivery quest problem
[Eden Quests] Dialogue issues

Meanwhile we would use the general "Renewal testing" forum that this currently is for suggestions/general community feedback discussion?

#17 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:16 PM

Subforums would help with the stickies but I don't have the power to make them.

#18 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:16 PM

It might encourage people to post in the stickies rather than make new threads though if only stickies are on the 1st page :(

#19 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:25 PM

Maybe make a single sticky with "Known bugs" and break it down similar to a blizzard patch note system. Not only will this be easy for a GM or dev team memeber to refer to, but players will be able to see if their bug has been reported.

Would look something like...

General bugs:

*bug one
*bug two

Class Bugs

FIRST CLASS
-Swordsman
*bug
*bug

-Archer
*bug
-Aco