Maintenance on March 27th - Details - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Maintenance on March 27th - Details

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

Today's maintenance will start at its regularly scheduled time of 2 PM PST.

Maintenance for Draconis will be longer this week due to updates to the servers. This is an extension of the maintenance last week that took so long, we didn't finish but will finish this week. We expect Draconis to take a full 4 hours (6 PM) to process this update, and plan to have Leonis up by 5 PM.

These are a changes going in today during Maintenance.
  • Server Update
    • The game login server will receive an significant update to help reduce down time of the login server and improve on performance
  • St. Patrick's Event will come to a close
  • St. Patrick's Item Mall items will be turned off.
  • Monster Box in the Item Mall will be turned off next Tuesday, FYI.
  • Lucky Spin Changes
    • 2 New Costumes going into the Lucky Spin, as well as a few other Costumes.
    • This round all of the Lucky Spin costumes will have no restrictions.
    • All of the items available in the Lucky Spin will break down into 3 Lucky Spin Coins.
    • All Shoes/Gloves will now Yield 3 Lucky Spin Coins instead of 2 (This goes for current and past Lucky Spin Items)
    • We are adjusting the rates for which Players get the Shoes/Gloves to be a little less consistent giving better odds for Cap, Masks, Back Items and Body.
    • Next Week, ALL Lucky Spin items will have their Disassemble list updated to yield 3. This means that any Lucky Spin item that may yield 4 or more, will be reduced to 3 next week.
  • Quest Fixes
    • Based on Feedback and bug reports there are a few changes going into the Zant/Breezy Hills Quest line that was added last week.

#2 slinger

slinger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationWaiting for 2012 in a hole
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

Great Patch(Y)..

#3 BobDylan

BobDylan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

As far as the Lucky spin update goes I think that these changes are good ones. There's been a lot of debate in the last couple weeks about this element of the game, and I think that these changes reflect a level of compromise between the two sides of the issue.

• Quest Fixes
  • Based on Feedback and bug reports there are a few changes going into the Zant/Breezy Hills Quest line that was added last week.

Any specifics about these fixes?

#4 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

You may want to ask Qilin in his thread about the Zant/Breezy changes and overall quest things, those are his doing.
http://forums.warppo...qilin’s-corner/

Good patch btw, one of the better.

#5 warboss007

warboss007

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

lol they deleted my post -,,- no place for criticism? hate those moneymaking patches

Edited by warboss007, 27 March 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#6 Dirtyarry

Dirtyarry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Locationlos christianos
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:siren

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

lol they deleted my post -,,- no place for criticism? hate those moneymaking patches

i saw it read it loved it good work :)

#7 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

Maintenance for Draconis will be longer this week due to updates to the servers. This is an extension of the maintenance last week that took so long, we didn't finish but will finish this week. We expect Draconis to take a full 4 hours (6 PM) to process this update, and plan to have Leonis up by 5 PM.

• Server Update
    • The game login server will receive an significant update to help reduce down time of the login server and improve on performance
  • Lucky Spin Changes
    • All of the items available in the Lucky Spin will break down into 3 Lucky Spin Coins.
    • All Shoes/Gloves will now Yield 3 Lucky Spin Coins instead of 2 (This goes for current and past Lucky Spin Items)
    • We are adjusting the rates for which Players get the Shoes/Gloves to be a little less consistent giving better odds for Cap, Masks, Back Items and Body.
    • Next Week, ALL Lucky Spin items will have their Disassemble list updated to yield 3. This means that any Lucky Spin item that may yield 4 or more, will be reduced to 3 next week.
  • Quest Fixes

I didn't quite read what you said in your post, but this isn't only moneymaking.
Yes some of it is, but it was actual complaints that have been heard a lot, that they are fixing here.
*Ones that aren't solely for moneymaking are made to stand out in quote*

Edited by jerremy, 27 March 2012 - 12:47 PM.

#8 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

As far as the Lucky spin update goes I think that these changes are good ones. There's been a lot of debate in the last couple weeks about this element of the game, and I think that these changes reflect a level of compromise between the two sides of the issue. Any specifics about these fixes?

I do not have specific's just yet, just know that there were a few changes and more details will come with the actual patch notes.

Sorry, but trolling for lols in maintenance or patch threads is just not that cool. So post was deleted

#9 MrFantasmo

MrFantasmo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

I do not have specific's just yet, just know that there were a few changes and more details will come with the actual patch notes.

Sorry, but trolling for lols in maintenance or patch threads is just not that cool. So post was deleted

of course he's gonna laugh when the maintenance is a joke

#10 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

You got to be joking right?
There's three things in there that have been asked for frequently, and when they actually do it you say it's a joke.

Login changes are to help reduce the many down times the server has had, which has been complained an insanely lot about, but now something like that happens you call it a joke.
The lucky spin you see there is to improve the odds to get something else than shoes, so the lucky spin becomes easier to do. This would even DECREASE their revenue for the sake of players, since it will become easier. This also has been asked for a lot, with people complaining they always got shoes (including myself).
The lucky spin items WON'T be account bound, so you can sell or trade to other lucky spin items if you have something you don't want/need. Like this their revenue on lucky spin decreases as well, since getting the item is easier.
And last but not least, the quest bug fixes.
These will help new players easily find their way through the world of rose when they start, unlike before when there was no one around to help.
This will diminish the amount of people that quit the moment they start, to increase the overall player base.. and you call it a fking joke.

Please read it through and think before saying something.

#11 MrFantasmo

MrFantasmo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

You got to be joking right?
There's three things in there that have been asked for frequently, and when they actually do it you say it's a joke.

Login changes are to help reduce the many down times the server has had, which has been complained an insanely lot about, but now something like that happens you call it a joke.
The lucky spin you see there is to improve the odds to get something else than shoes, so the lucky spin becomes easier to do. This would even DECREASE their revenue for the sake of players, since it will become easier. This also has been asked for a lot, with people complaining they always got shoes (including myself).
The lucky spin items WON'T be account bound, so you can sell or trade to other lucky spin items if you have something you don't want/need. Like this their revenue on lucky spin decreases as well, since getting the item is easier.
And last but not least, the quest bug fixes.
These will help new players easily find their way through the world of rose when they start, unlike before when there was no one around to help.
This will diminish the amount of people that quit the moment they start, to increase the overall player base.. and you call it a fking joke.

Please read it through and think before saying something.

Didnt feel like reading the whole thing so..

#12 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Patches are going to suck until the Game Arena is implemented and new employees are hired because the development team is small.

When Pegasus goes up people need to stop bitching and actually go on to help test things so they can move on to the next step. It was pathetic last night how we struggled to get people to join the groups so that a game could actually start. After 2 hours we finally managed to gather 29/30 players, yes, short 1 player to actually start the game, before people just started leaving and the server went down. Not to mention there were more than enough players on the server to get a game started but people were too stuck up or just plain dumb to accept the invite.

No I don't like these updates either but if you want something better atleast take some initiative to speed up the process of the better updates.

#13 LoveU4ever

LoveU4ever

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

:o Still cant fix the friend list?

#14 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

These are nice changes for the game, nevertheless it's still 100% irrelevant to me because I don't have access to any Item Mall content.

#15 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

Patches are going to suck until the Game Arena is implemented and new employees are hired because the development team is small.

When Pegasus goes up people need to stop bitching and actually go on to help test things so they can move on to the next step. It was pathetic last night how we struggled to get people to join the groups so that a game could actually start. After 2 hours we finally managed to gather 29/30 players, yes, short 1 player to actually start the game, before people just started leaving and the server went down. Not to mention there were more than enough players on the server to get a game started but people were too stuck up or just plain dumb to accept the invite.

No I don't like these updates either but if you want something better atleast take some initiative to speed up the process of the better updates.

Damn i missed that one, was busy working for school.
Any plans for tonight testing maybe? I should have time today.
And yes i agree, people complain but don't help. (look at MrFantasmo saying the maintenance will be a joke if he didn't even fully read it.)
Most people are on pegasus solely to try out new builds, and do nothing for the sake of the game, but still dare say devs should work faster.

#16 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

Don't you think there are better ways to get more players inside pegasus to actually participate in something worthwhile for the Rose Community as a whole? For all I know, there's just a forum post about it, and a rare announcement in game... That's not enough apparently and now that you explained what Pegusis was like last night, I definitely will not be participating anytime soon. It honeslty sounds like a "B" to deal with, and I will not put up with such a burden.

#17 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

I've posted about it a few times on Facebook and on Saturday or Sunday they put a post up about it.
Its sad to see that after just reading about it you don't want to join in, go experience it for yourself. Now I will tell you at certain times more people are on but generally I see them sitting around TG killing everyone they can saying that Crystal Defenders sucks after only playing one or two games.

Anyway I think this is a nice update it gives some people what they wanted and have been asking for, no its not the best patch or filled with goodies for everyone but those patches rarely happen so i don't see why people keep expecting them every week.

#18 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

Also thanks for all the feedback everyone! The following quest-related fixes will be going in today!

- minor typo fixes
- Broken quest alarms fix for NPC Mercucio in Breezy Hills
- slower Zant leveling + increased Breezy Hills leveling (this way there should never be "blue" or "gray" monsters needed for a quest
- corrected stray "gray" level spawn in Breezy Hills
- fixed issue with "Collecting Ore" quest in Luxem which was preventing regular Red Pomics from dropping ore (also slightly increased %chance to drop)

Keep in mind when you are dropped off in El Verloon, the monsters will definitely seem weak, but that's because we are still working on progression quests for that area next!

Any specifics about these fixes?

There you go, quoted from Qilin's thread about the quest things in zant and breezy~

#19 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

I've posted about it a few times on Facebook and on Saturday or Sunday they put a post up about it.
Its sad to see that after just reading about it you don't want to join in, go experience it for yourself. Now I will tell you at certain times more people are on but generally I see them sitting around TG killing everyone they can saying that Crystal Defenders sucks after only playing one or two games.

Anyway I think this is a nice update it gives some people what they wanted and have been asking for, no its not the best patch or filled with goodies for everyone but those patches rarely happen so i don't see why people keep expecting them every week.

I never wanted to be a part of it from the start to be honest, I thought about trying once or twice but no. Phish's post is the icing on the cake.
Are there emails being sent out to all users or active users from Gravity? I don't check my emails, so I wouldn't know. If Gravity has not made this move, I would suggest it. A lot of people use social networking, but many don't as well.

#20 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

• Server Update
  • Lucky Spin Changes
  • Quest Fixes

Wow. I'm quite excited about this. I feel like maybe something everyone has been saying shows, and proves they can still make good money. I would be more than happy that this goes back to the old way even though I don't like it, if this way proves that they made more money the other way. I'm talking about Lucky Spin stuff of course.

I stress constantly the best way for people to learn about Pegasus and things is to ADVERTISE IT IN THE GAME! Forums doesn't help because we have the same amount of people that stick with the forums, at least not a significant amount of people coming on here to spread the news completely. I know people that easily know the forums and can get on, but just don't and/or don't post on forums.

I've even heard some people think that Pegasus is a totally different ROSE lol, not a test server. So whenever the server goes up, just put updated in the game telling people to check out the warpportal site with a link to pegasus or something.

#21 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

I have advertised on Draco a bit in junon, normally I just get yelled at about the friends list and things people want fixed before they will test things :/

#22 slinger

slinger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationWaiting for 2012 in a hole

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

I have advertised on Draco a bit in junon, normally I just get yelled at about the friends list and things people want fixed before they will test things :/

I prefer to have friends list also...

#23 Bartik

Bartik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationMięsny jeż
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Are you going to fix invite to party bug and friend list?
These are MAJOR disadvantages and you still working on lucky spin and new arenas for pvp or something.
goosh....

#24 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

You can choose, friend list or server crashes once or more than once a day..
And if invite to party doesn't work, just try to add patiently.. spam inviting doesn't work, just wait a few secs and send another invite.

Edited by jerremy, 27 March 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#25 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

I think I would enjoy testing more,,, and maybe I haven't read any updates and maybe they are there now. But I don't like the relying on a cleric for buffs. In the testing there is no buff pots (maybe there is now idk, someone update me please), if there are buffpots, I will test this every time it is on. But I'm not gearing a cleric as well lol, and boosters are a waste for the reason you can't use them in the Game Arena anyways(which is a good thing).

But I don't like the relying on cleric system cause what if the cleric sucks... or I personally just don't like cleric buffs, except for atk spd and add dmg. So with that they should be available for a full testing experience.

But I think that is good you advertised it in game Zurn, I think we all should tell people to do pegasus as well, along with the staff advertising it in game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users