Maintenance on March 27th - Details - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Maintenance on March 27th - Details

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#26 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

I have advertised on Draco a bit in junon, normally I just get yelled at about the friends list and things people want fixed before they will test things :/

Patches are going to suck until the Game Arena is implemented and new employees are hired because the development team is small.

When Pegasus goes up people need to stop bitching and actually go on to help test things so they can move on to the next step. It was pathetic last night how we struggled to get people to join the groups so that a game could actually start. After 2 hours we finally managed to gather 29/30 players, yes, short 1 player to actually start the game, before people just started leaving and the server went down. Not to mention there were more than enough players on the server to get a game started but people were too stuck up or just plain dumb to accept the invite.

No I don't like these updates either but if you want something better atleast take some initiative to speed up the process of the better updates.

Wow. I'm quite excited about this. I feel like maybe something everyone has been saying shows, and proves they can still make good money. I would be more than happy that this goes back to the old way even though I don't like it, if this way proves that they made more money the other way. I'm talking about Lucky Spin stuff of course.

I stress constantly the best way for people to learn about Pegasus and things is to ADVERTISE IT IN THE GAME! Forums doesn't help because we have the same amount of people that stick with the forums, at least not a significant amount of people coming on here to spread the news completely. I know people that easily know the forums and can get on, but just don't and/or don't post on forums.

I've even heard some people think that Pegasus is a totally different ROSE lol, not a test server. So whenever the server goes up, just put updated in the game telling people to check out the warpportal site with a link to pegasus or something.

Posted Image

Apologies i got a bit carried away.. sad truth though.

Edited by jerremy, 27 March 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#27 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

Genesis announced it on Leonis (and Draconis too I'm guessing) that players were needed to test on Pegasus. I agree that it would help if we had some more formal announcements about when the session will take place.

And sadly, it looks like one of the reasons people don't want to test is the same reason which is preventing it from happening. It's a catch 22, people can't be bothered to waste time because there aren't enough people, so they stop participating, which contradicts itself.

I think I would enjoy testing more,,, and maybe I haven't read any updates and maybe they are there now. But I don't like the relying on a cleric for buffs. In the testing there is no buff pots (maybe there is now idk, someone update me please), if there are buffpots, I will test this every time it is on. But I'm not gearing a cleric as well lol, and boosters are a waste for the reason you can't use them in the Game Arena anyways(which is a good thing).

But I don't like the relying on cleric system cause what if the cleric sucks... or I personally just don't like cleric buffs, except for atk spd and add dmg. So with that they should be available for a full testing experience.

But I think that is good you advertised it in game Zurn, I think we all should tell people to do pegasus as well, along with the staff advertising it in game.

If everything except self buffs/ cleric buffs are disabled cleric buffs become the new standard.

Buff pots can't be better than cleric buffs if buff pots don't exist.

Edited by Phish, 27 March 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#28 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

I'd like formal announcements, considering there's a nine hour difference between rose employee's and my place i can't just guess what time they will be there, and i'm sure other people might have this problem as well.

Edited by jerremy, 27 March 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#29 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

Genesis announced it on Leonis (and Draconis too I'm guessing) that players were needed to test on Pegasus. I agree that it would help if we had some more formal announcements about when the session will take place.

And sadly, it looks like one of the reasons people don't want to test is the same reason which is preventing it from happening. It's a catch 22, people can't be bothered to waste time because there aren't enough people, so they stop participating, which contradicts itself.

If everything except self buffs/ cleric buffs are disabled cleric buffs become the new standard.

Buff pots can't be better than cleric buffs if buff pots don't exist.

True. Hmm I wonder which way would be the better way of going, buff pots or cleric buffs being the only buffs in game? Buff pots can be an annoyance, but it gives an arti some kind of importance.

#30 Bartik

Bartik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationMięsny jeż
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

I can choose? Man... what you talking about? It should be fixed long time ago. I have feeling they ruin this game with every new update.
Server crashes, login problems, storage problems, can't invite to parties, friend list gone.. what else? Many betas run better than Rose!

#31 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

And well it hasn't, so if you want it to come back you will have server disconnects multiple times a day, great isn't it.
If you feel they ruin this game, why don't you put up some suggestions to make it better? Just saying things like that won't help, give them good feedback to work on instead of yelling.
And let's take into account that their revenue isn't very high, they don't have a lot of employees compared to other games out there. You can't fix things with the blink of an eye alone can you?

#32 BobDylan

BobDylan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

True. Hmm I wonder which way would be the better way of going, buff pots or cleric buffs being the only buffs in game? Buff pots can be an annoyance, but it gives an arti some kind of importance.

I am an arti and I have to say that I think that it will change the amount of revenue that I'll get from crafting, but I'm also open to the possibility that taking away buff pots may be a good thing for PVP. Moreover, this is the reason why everyone of us who are invested in this game need to be testing on Pegasus, and providing useful feedback to the devs.

Edit: Besides, artis Will always have an importance in the game even if one craft-able item becomes less useful.

Edited by BobDylan, 27 March 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#33 RagingHormones

RagingHormones

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 733 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

Not to mention there were more than enough players on the server to get a game started but people were too stuck up or just plain dumb to accept the invite.

Too stuck up/dumb to test for something on a test server? For what other reason would people want to play on Pegasus then other than testing? The mind boggles.

And sadly, it looks like one of the reasons people don't want to test is the same reason which is preventing it from happening. It's a union war, people can't be bothered to waste time because there aren't enough people, so they stop participating, which contradicts itself.

I think that's a more accurate term. =P

#34 MrFantasmo

MrFantasmo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

Damn i missed that one, was busy working for school.
Any plans for tonight testing maybe? I should have time today.
And yes i agree, people complain but don't help. (look at MrFantasmo saying the maintenance will be a joke if he didn't even fully read it.)
Most people are on pegasus solely to try out new builds, and do nothing for the sake of the game, but still dare say devs should work faster.

I quit when I saw the lucky spin part

#35 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

Too stuck up/dumb to test for something on a test server? For what other reason would people want to play on Pegasus then other than testing? The mind boggles.

I know, it's hard to believe.

More like too cool to hit accept and then go back to doing what they were doing.

Edited by Phish, 27 March 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#36 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

I quit when I saw the lucky spin part

Read the whole thing before you consider saying things, then things like that don't happen.

I know, it's hard to believe.

More like too cool to hit accept and then go back to doing what they were doing.

They are solely on there to test builds and classes out, not for actual gameplay testing unfortunately.

#37 BobDylan

BobDylan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

Oh their testing alright. However, a lot of people seem to be using it for their own selfish gain, like for testing new builds, not for doing what the devs need us to help with.

#38 RagingHormones

RagingHormones

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 733 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

Ah I see. What's really dumb to me is that these people are wiling to test out for their builds but aren't willing to test for a game system where they'll actually be able to USE their builds most of the time (UW's are usually stacked and happen once every two hours, clan/individual TG wars aren't 24/7). Short term priorities, I suppose.

#39 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Oh their testing alright. However, a lot of people seem to be using it for their own selfish gain, like for testing new builds, not for doing what the devs need us to help with.

This is ok, there is a point for the test server where people should feel like they can mess around a bit, but they should also join in when asked to, otherwise Pegasus goes down and doesn't come back up for the other moments of fun and testing.

#40 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

I have to say myself i made a mage though i only have a knight on the real servers, though the main reason for that was that there weren't shields in the shop for the first seven or eight versions of pegasus, so i couldn't really make one (:
But the problem is that people only go on there for build testing and don't join in when asked, cause they are too selfish to think further than themselves.

#41 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

And well it hasn't, so if you want it to come back you will have server disconnects multiple times a day, great isn't it.
If you feel they ruin this game, why don't you put up some suggestions to make it better? Just saying things like that won't help, give them good feedback to work on instead of yelling.
And let's take into account that their revenue isn't very high, they don't have a lot of employees compared to other games out there. You can't fix things with the blink of an eye alone can you?

Complaining alone doesn't make sense so I agree, complaining with suggestions is constructive criticism <<< who said that? lol I know someone here did in a previous post, pretty good thing to think about.

I am an arti and I have to say that I think that it will change the amount of revenue that I'll get from crafting, but I'm also open to the possibility that taking away buff pots may be a good thing for PVP. Moreover, this is the reason why everyone of us who are invested in this game need to be testing on Pegasus, and providing useful feedback to the devs.

Edit: Besides, artis Will always have an importance in the game even if one craft-able item becomes less useful.

That makes sense.

I hear a lot about this. I agree. Why would you test new builds, but not want to try a new system that you will be using it for? My point I think about buffpots are, if you are going to keep buffpots in the game and available in the live servers for the game arena, then they should be in the test server. Why put boosters, when over half your community doesn't use them, AND you can't use them for this new system. It makes no sense to put something there for people when you can't use it, which yes you shouldn't be able to use it. But then put buffpots in.

#42 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

After 2 hours we finally managed to gather 29/30 players, yes, short 1 player to actually start the game, before people just started leaving and the server went down.

Can you not dual client on Pegasus? Seems a little strange that someone wouldn't just log in to one of their extra accounts to get the 30 needed to test the server. :dunno:
But if you can't dual client, I guess this is a moot point.

#43 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Even with dual clienting (in game you won't, but on pegasus it's allowed to use three in a match to get enough contestants) people couldn't get that amount of people. Shows how much people actually try testing things.

Edited by jerremy, 27 March 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#44 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

Even with dual clienting (in game you won't, but on pegasus it's allowed to use three in a match to get enough contestants) people couldn't get that amount of people. Shows how much people actually try testing things.

True, however, there is an event going on and I can see why many of the Draconis potential testers would rather gather up the event stuff than test a server. Not being pesimistic but I personally have enjoyed the St Patty's event and now that it is over I would be more inclined to participate in testing. Sure i have done this event many times on Leonis but this was my first opportunity to acquire the items on Draconis and frankly I really like the way the event is set up.
I'm not a big PvP person so the testing of this may not be a priority to me as a player. Give me a new planet and new content and focus more on the PvM aspect and I would be very interested in testing. Then again maybe there would be fewer people testing those PvM changes. Different strokes for different folks.

#45 slinger

slinger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationWaiting for 2012 in a hole

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

K so well i just logged in and my characters name is changed from slinger11 to bratoxbr the lvl 10 visitor :D...

#46 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

I was surprised no one went banana sandwich over the non-restricted lucky spin. Especially after everyone was whining like little babies about them not being trade able. Shows how grateful this community can be at time. good patch crew

#47 slinger

slinger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationWaiting for 2012 in a hole

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

Lmfao i logged into like 20 peopls accs >_< GREAT PATCH (Y)

#48 berdarah

berdarah

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

okay. everytime i choose server. all of the character always changed. what is this? some errors?. it kinda like i logged in with another ppl account

#49 Trebor

Trebor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA USA

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

something very wierd going on, each time i log in with one acct and my password for that account, i keep getting someone else's acct and not mine.

anyone else getting that?

i stop when it shows the char list and do not go all the way in, no way!!!

#50 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hahaha, well isn't this interesting.

Gonna log in and hope I get someone good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users