36 replies to this topic

#1 Dray

Dray

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:25 AM

To be a Rune Knight you have to be at least 99/50 non-trans or 99/50 trans.

1. The starting Job change NPC is in the Pront inn @205, 157 (Below the Pront Inn).
2. He will ask you to go to Glast Heim @44, 363 to meet with a fellow Rune Knight.
3. The Rune Knight will ask you to find their secret meeting spot, head to GH Chiv level 2 @150,55
4. The NPC will teleport you to the Rune Knights meeting place.

1. The first test under RK Lunarea, consists of a gauntlet of 2 sets of monsters for 5 minutes.
Set 1 is 1 Raydric, 2 Radric Archers
Set 2 is 1 Phendark, 1 Rybio
2. The second test under RK Renoa consists of reading 3 books and then will send you to speak to Sage Serpeone.
There you will get a quest to kill
- 10 Dullahan
- 10 Disguise
- 10 Quve
- 10 Heirozoist
When you are done, talk to the Sage again and she will warp you back to the meeting place.
3. You will have to make 20 runes using the Rune Furnace behind RK Renoa.
4. The fourth test, under RK Velpino, is a fight with only a 1hd weapon, shield, or 2hd weapon under 400 weight total.
(Whether you win or lose you still pass this test).
(There is a Kafra lady in the meeting place to dump gear. If you should relog from the meeting place you will return to the last saved point)
5. Talk to the Captain and dump all gear/peco.
6. You are now a Rune Knight!
7. Talk to her again to get extra gifts/gear.

#2 entangle

entangle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:49 PM

I think the quest is bugged. I've been waiting at the NPC for over half an hour and it won't let me inside the first test. Nobody else has shown up.

#3 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

This is bugged still. How do we test 3rd classes if we can't job change?

#4 Idol

Idol

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:13 PM

NPC Lunarea has been telling me there is someone else inside the room for the past two hours or so.

#5 entangle

entangle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:24 PM

I might also add that in the regular Knight job change quest, there are Desert Wolves, which according to the world map are lvl 103. There is no way a low level is going to kill these when the patch goes live.

#6 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

I'm going to go ahead and use this thread to post bug reports for the RK Job Change. My apologies for the excessive amount of screenshots -_-

First NPC, this dialogue is very awkward and foreign-sounding. Should probably read something like "A Swordsman who learns to surpass the limits of the sword can become a Rune Knight." or something along those lines.

Posted Image

The first of many quest log entries. As a whole they need to be reworked by someone who is fluent in english, and some changes could be made to make them a little more informative. This one should read something like "The Rune Knight Manuel has recommended that you become a Rune Knight as well. He suggests you should meet with the Rune Knights in Glast Heim if you would like to learn more." You could also put something about how the NPC you are looking for is in the top left of the map to help direct players a little bit.

Posted Image

Next NPCs dialogue could use a little work as well, though for the most part it wasn't too bad. This should probably read something like "Are you a cursed ghost of this place? Or just an ignorant adventurer?" Dropping the word 'cursed' altogether would also help smooth the flow of the dialogue.

Posted Image

For this one, I would recommend removing the word 'blood' from 'blood group,' as it just seems to make the sentence feel awkward. In addition, the last sentence should be changed to something like "Now I shall give you your first assignment." You might want to consider replacing the word 'assignment' with 'test' as well, as it seems to fit the context better.

Posted Image

Another quest log entry. This should read something like "The secret entrance to the Glast Heim Tower is inside the Glast Heim Chivalry. A staff member is waiting for you at the secret entrance." It could also help to specify that its on the second level of Chivalry, but that depends on how much direction you want to give the player.

Posted Image

Another quest log entry. For the record, the instructors names are Tigris, Lunarea, Renoa, and Velpino. There names are consistently butchered throughout the quest log entries. This one should read "The captain of the Rune Knights, Tigris, has told you to speak to Lunarea about the first test."

Posted Image

This dialogue from Tigris should read something like "Now the test begins. Your first test is from that beautiful, icy lady, so try your best!" There is a redundant amount of 1sts and firsts in the dialogue which make it sound silly.

Posted Image

Another quest log entry, received right after you begin the test Lunarea gives you. Should read something like "Rune Knight Lunarea has told you to go to the Examination room and kill all the enemies you see."

Posted Image

Quest log entry. Should read "Rune Knight Lunarea recognizes your success on the first test. Return to Tigris to learn of your next test."

Posted Image

Quest log. Should read "Captain Tigris has directed you to speak with Rune Knight Renoa to learn of the second test."

Posted Image

Another quest log entry. This one gives you the wrong names for the books. It also doesn't realize that Renoa and Lunarea are two different people. It should read "Rune Knight Renoa has asked you to make preparations for the next test. Read the books 'Runes and Rune Knights,' 'The Principles of Runes,' and 'Usage and Making of Runes.'" As another note, the third book is named 'Rune, Make & Use' which is a little awkward. As you can see in my suggestion for the quest log entry, it should probably be changed to something like 'Usage and Making of Runes.'

Posted Image

First book, first option spelling error. Should read 'harmonize,' not 'harmoze.'

Posted Image

First Book, second option has strange wording here. Should be something like "A Rune is a jewel that contains formless magical power that can be used directly."

Posted Image

First book second option. Just a bit of awkward wording, the end should be something like "...their research has only recently became known to the world."

Posted Image

First book, second option spelling error. Should be "transferring," not "transvering."

Posted Image

Second book, first option. Awkward wording mostly, and a bit of a run on sentence. Should be something like "Almost no documentation remains that directly mentions the system and meaning of the runes. However, Runes have been studied by the sages of Geffen, Juno, and Arunafeltz to this day."

Posted Image

Second book, first option. Not 100% sure what they are trying to express here, but my take on it is it should be changed to something like "Runes are a symbol-based system. Stories passed down orally claim that Runes can also be used in fortune-telling and to draw out the human subconscious."

Posted Image

Second book, Second option. Awkward wording with some small spelling things. Should be something like "Runes are created from a total of 25 small stones, which are very fragile and must be handled with extreme care."

Posted Image

Second book, Second option. Super run-on sentence. I suggest it be changed to something like "The 25 stones each have unique meanings. Among these, 14 of them have their power and meanings changed dramatically by inverting them. It is essential to study these exceptions."

Posted Image

Continued in next post.

#7 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:38 PM

Quest log entry. Once again, the book refers to Renoa as Lunarea. Serpeone's name was also spelled wrong, and the wording is questionable. In addition, I found referring to the female fairy Serpeone as a 'wise man' was pushing it a bit. Should read something like "Renoa has directed you to seek out Serpeone, one of the Rune Knights' founders and one who can assist in the Rune creation process."

Posted Image

Awkward wording, should read something like "This world, that you call 'Ash Vacuum'...it's the magical power made within Alfheim." I don't have the full exact script here with me, so might need some more changes to fit with the context better. I assume she's mentioned something relevant to the magical power, but if not it will need further revision.

Posted Image

Quest log entry. Again with awkward wording, should be something like "Serpeone has cast a spell on you to allow you to accumulate the magical energy of certain monsters in your body, in order to assist you in the Rune Creation process. Accumulate an appropriate amount of energy by hunting the designated monsters."

Posted Image

Quest log entry. Strange wording, and the objective is worded strangely as well. Should be something like "Accumulate magical energy by hunting 10 of the designated monster." Objective should read "Kill 10 Dullahan's."

Posted Image

Quest log entry. Same deal. Same change as above except for the objective, which should be "Kill 10 Disguises."

Posted Image

"Kill 10 Quve's"

Posted Image

"Kill 10 Hylozoists"

Posted Image

Awkward wording, and its making the great Serpeone sound a little nervous. Should be "Well done. You have accumulated a good amount of magical energy within your body."

Posted Image

Quest log entry. Awkward wording and some spelling errors/inconsistencies. Should read something like "Create 20 Rune Stones using the Rune Furnace in the statue behind Renoa. You will need to know the information in the book 'The Making and Usage of Runes' to continue."

Posted Image

I'll diverge from spamming screenshots for a short bit to talk about my experience with the Rune Furnace. All in all, while its a pain to go through the book and record every single rune possible, its pretty well put together. There are a number of inconsistencies between the machine and the book however.

Firstly, the book repeatedly refers to 'oblique lines,' whereas the furnace shows you 'slanted lines.' One of these should be changed for the sake of consistency.

Secondly, the book and the Furnace both refer to a shape called a 'round.' This should probably be changed to a 'circle' as then it would actually make sense.

Thirdly, a number of the runes that show up in the Rune Furnace have different descriptions then ones shown in the book. The ones I noticed were different were:

Isia - Says its a violet spiral in the book, but is actually a violet slanted line.
Urj - Says its a violet oblique line in the book, but is actually a violet spiral.
Algiz - Says its a emerald oblique line in the book, but is actually an Emerald Spiral.
Turisus and Jera - Both are described as a 'yellow round' in the book, and this description is correct in the Furnace. However, there is no way to differentiate between whether you get a Jera or a Turisus, so I suggest one of them is changed to something else.
Ehwaz - There are two seperate descriptions in the book for Ehwaz. When those descriptions come up in the machine, Ehwaz is an appropriate answer for both of them. Mechanically its fine, but its a little confusing to have two runes with the same name.

Those were the major issues I saw with the Rune Furnace. The list of the ones I saw that worked properly are:

-Ehwaz (x2)
-Mannaz
-Ansuz
-Hagalas
-Rhydo
-Laguz
-Teiwaz
-Jera (iffy, see above)
-Nosiege
-Ingz

Alright, enough with the rune furnace, on to the rest of the test.

Quest log entry. Weird wording and the incorrect name. Should read "You passed the test. Return to Captain Tigris and await his instructions."

Posted Image

Quest log entry. Should read "Speak to the dark-looking Rune Knight Velpino to begin the third test.

Posted Image

Quest Log Entry. Typo. The word 'would' only has one 'w' in it -_-

Posted Image

Quest Log Entry. Some weird wording and spelling/grammar errors. Should read "Velpino has instructed you to kill the 3 monsters in the Examination room using only the Rune stones provided to you."

Posted Image

Quest log entry. Should read "You successfully defeated the 3 monsters and passed the final test. Return to Velpino."

Posted Image

Quest log entry. Should be "You have finally completed the test to become a Rune Knight. Speak to Captain Tigris to change your job."

Posted Image

Item wording for the Rune Circlet is a little weird. Should be changed to mention 'base strength' instead of 'pure strength'

Posted Image

And thats pretty much all I have to say on the RK Job change. I personally didn't run into any game-breaking bugs when I ran through it, though it sounds like waiting rooms are being an issue for people. Unfortunately I wont be able to look into that as I've already finished the test. Hope this helps!

#8 ShrimpGirl

ShrimpGirl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:18 PM

Seems the quest is still bugged... Lunarea is still saying someone is in there. Several of us have been waiting quite a while now.

#9 Kitsuri

Kitsuri

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

I gave up after waiting for about 3 hours. It's been bugged a long time. They're most likely not going to get around to fixing it until tomorrow.

#10 DarkSakul

DarkSakul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgards, City of Baltimore

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

For the regular Knight's Test, Desert Wolves are lv 103, extremely hard for a low lv swordsmen to Kill. Can the GMs replace the higher level monsters with another,lower level monster or put in lower level versions in?

And the NPC Rune Knight Lunarea appears to be bugged, No one able to get in the next test area for the Quest.

#11 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:20 PM

Rune knight job change is still bugged *bump*

#12 Triki

Triki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:58 AM

the npc for the battle part of the test still isnt letting any new people in

#13 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:58 PM

bump bugged still

#14 Jojo

Jojo

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:03 PM

The quest is still bugged :| When asked to take the first test from Rune Knight Lunarea (or Runaria as how it's spelled in the quest log <<) she always says that someone else is already in their regardless of how long you wait without anyone going in or coming out.

#15 GunnerKnight

GunnerKnight

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:06 PM

some one needs to get on the GM cause the test is still bugged >>

#16 HugPorings

HugPorings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationSantee CA

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:10 PM

The quest says to go to Runarea

all i see is Lunarea and she is doing her nails
or somthing . been an houre no one entered the test and still she
will not send me to the room.

#17 ketz

ketz

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:26 PM

i waited for well over 30 min. for it to reset or someone to finish it (the first "test", it never did, ive spoken to 2 other people who have had the same problem.

#18 Nikka

Nikka

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:27 PM

qq are you drifting xD!?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Nikka, 15 September 2010 - 07:53 PM.

#19 Pineyman

Pineyman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationiRO Chaos - sitting bored at west pront.
  • Server:chaos

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:40 PM

Still bugged and still waiting at Lunarea =_=

#20 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:04 AM

I'm sure everybody knows by now but ya it's still bugged.

#21 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:06 AM

yup

#22 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:07 AM

this is true

#23 Adrianus

Adrianus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

Finally managed to get into the testing room via Lunarea, but once inside no monsters were spawned for me to kill. I sat and waited for ~10 minutes and nothing happened. Methinks the quest needs a few kinks ironed out still.

#24 Indalecio

Indalecio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:58 PM

I managed to get to the Velpino part of the test (I did the earlier parts before they broke again), but I died during the test. I came back and waited until the cooldown ended before I could retry, but he seems to be broken now. He always says that there is someone else already taking the test and I need to wait.

#25 Jojo

Jojo

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

Seconded, the Velpino part of the test is bugged now. I haven't been able to get into the test area either, only getting the message that someone else is in there already even though no one has gone in or out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users