spear champ skill build? newbie help? - Soldier Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

spear champ skill build? newbie help?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 iZeph

iZeph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

hi guys,

so i already read the thread right here: http://forums.warppo...champion-build/

anyway, i'm returning after 1.5 years of not playing, and so far, i'm having a hard time, lol. i made a new char (he's 70 atm, and i'm planning to make him a spear champ coz i heard it's good in pve farming and whatnot). i don't pvp though so we can completely rule that out :)

ok, so can somebody help me with the skills? i currently have these at the moment:

Lvl 8x Soldier
Maxed Weapon Mastery (9)
Maxed Two-Handed Mastery (9)
Maxed Heavy Attack (9)

That's it, lol. Anything else that I should max? I'm thinking of getting the following skills:
Maxed Repose, Physical Training, Refreshment, and Staminal Training
Maxed Power Overflow
Maxed Defense Training, Staminal Assist
Taunt (?)
Maxed Spear Mastery

And I'm worried about Champ skills too. What skills (AoE and passives, etc) should I increase as a spear champ? :p_sick:

Also, are Spear Champs really good in PvE? Or should I change to swords (I don't realy know why, but I'm fine with whatever will make my leveling/farming easier)~

I still have a few questions left in my mind, but let's stick with that for now, I guess. I'm a bit noob so please bear with me

Thanks!! :p_love:

#2 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

hi guys,

so i already read the thread right here: http://forums.warppo...champion-build/

Hello iZeph!

good guide to follow~

anyway, i'm returning after 1.5 years of not playing, and so far, i'm having a hard time, lol. i made a new char (he's 70 atm, and i'm planning to make him a spear champ coz i heard it's good in pve farming and whatnot). i don't pvp though so we can completely rule that out :)

welcome back to ROSE!

ok, so can somebody help me with the skills? i currently have these at the moment:

Lvl 8x Soldier
Maxed Weapon Mastery (9)
Maxed Two-Handed Mastery (9)
Maxed Heavy Attack (9)

That's it, lol. Anything else that I should max? I'm thinking of getting the following skills:
Maxed Repose, Physical Training, Refreshment, and Staminal Training
Maxed Power Overflow
Maxed Defense Training, Staminal Assist
Taunt (?)
Maxed Spear Mastery

you should have the aoe skill under heavy attack called spin attack maxes at 4
any passive with HP/HP Recovery is nice to have
any passive with defense is good to have
seems you have the passives for attack power
if your going to use a cleric while farming or leveling theres no need to really get the power overflow, i find staminal assist is kinda pointless.
taunt is okay to have if you want to get the Unique skill Sacrifice (aoe taunt) which is nice to have while leveling low lvls with aoes and aggro monsters.

also heres something i pulled from a few threads under this one

I guess it's time for yet another heavy information post. :P

Choices are either a Spear or a Sword for the AoE.

Spear:
Spin Attack
Combat Cry
Achilles' Heel Strike

Sword:
Spin Attack
Combat Cry
Seismic Impact

The following will just be a basic outline.
In all, other skills that are highly recommended are:

Common:
Repose
Physical Training
Refreshment
Stamina Training
Weapon Attack (required to access two-handed skill tree)
Power Overflow (pre-requisite for Berserk)
Battle Alertness (Decloak - level 1 minimum)
Defence Training
Soul Wreck (Optional)

Two-Handed:
Your Weapon Mastery which you are focusing upon.
Leap Attack (Stun, for PvP reasons)
Weapon Launcher (2nd Stun, again for PvP)

Champion:
Melee Combat Mastery
Advanced Combat Mastery
Battle Sense Mastery
Your chosen Weapon Mastery
Champion Spirit (MP recovery passive)
Space Attack (Movement Speed Down, Reliable Magic Attack, Ranged) [From my point of view an extremely over powering skill for the class]
Quick Step
Berserk (This is an absolute must have)

As for stats, as said in other threads will depend on how you play.
If you want your AoEs insanely strong, then a STR, CON, DEX build is ideal at 3:2:1.5 or so.
This will make you have extremely high skill power.

Alternatively if you prefer melee, preferably STR, CON, SEN at a rate of around 3:2:1.5 or even higher for SEN.
This will make your melee attacks insanely good, but when it comes to skill power it won't be as much, where the AoE damage will be a lot less.

Gameplay:
Overall if you would like to have the best type of damage from your AoEs possible, I recommend using Combat Cry first, followed by whichever Champion AoE you have and lastly Spin Attack.
The Defence down will increase your overall damage in general for physical based attacks.

#3 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

I consider spear champs really good for PvE and PvP, depending on the build. So your choice it is nothing wrong with.

I would not recommend the skills Taunt and Staminal Assist. Taunt could be used for luring (get sacrifice if so, level 2 Taunt required I believe). And simple replace Staminal Assist with a Hp potion that is crafted by artisans or get a cleric to throw Blessed Mind on you.

Focus on the passive skills and get the AoE's if you like to be PvE based. With AoE's I mean Combat Cry, Spin Attack and Level 1 on Achille's Heal Strike. With passive skills I also mean the Accu and Crit you gain from the Sword and Axe passives. Even if you're a Spear champ you gain bonuses from the sword and axe skill passives (the accu/crit on those) wich is worth thinking of. Especially the passives on 2 handed skill tree wich only require 9 points each rather then on the champion skill tree where the "same/equal" bonus require 18 points.

Also get Berserk wich Power Overflow is a pre-req for. It is a great self buff for Attack power.

Getting all those HP/HP recovery and Def passives are great choices for you, especially as you wont have so high defense as a new player (goood for every champ but in some builds, especially when it comes to Spear - pvp wise, you can have a second look at these in order to save a few points).

#4 iZeph

iZeph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

you should have the aoe skill under heavy attack called spin attack maxes at 4
any passive with HP/HP Recovery is nice to have
any passive with defense is good to have
seems you have the passives for attack power
if your going to use a cleric while farming or leveling theres no need to really get the power overflow, i find staminal assist is kinda pointless.
taunt is okay to have if you want to get the Unique skill Sacrifice (aoe taunt) which is nice to have while leveling low lvls with aoes and aggro monsters.
also heres something i pulled from a few threads under this one

Awwwh, I got Power Overflow though for maxed Berserk, even though I have a Cleric to buff me every 20 minutes or so. Is that bad? :(
Oh, OK. Time to find a Sacrifice skill then. The only reason I'm getting that is because of the fact that these past few days, people are demanding Sacrifice in their parties. Does that happen too in the higher-leveled dungeons (Sikuku, maybe)?

I consider spear champs really good for PvE and PvP, depending on the build. So your choice it is nothing wrong with.

I would not recommend the skills Taunt and Staminal Assist. Taunt could be used for luring (get sacrifice if so, level 2 Taunt required I believe). And simple replace Staminal Assist with a Hp potion that is crafted by artisans or get a cleric to throw Blessed Mind on you.

Focus on the passive skills and get the AoE's if you like to be PvE based. With AoE's I mean Combat Cry, Spin Attack and Level 1 on Achille's Heal Strike. With passive skills I also mean the Accu and Crit you gain from the Sword and Axe passives. Even if you're a Spear champ you gain bonuses from the sword and axe skill passives (the accu/crit on those) wich is worth thinking of. Especially the passives on 2 handed skill tree wich only require 9 points each rather then on the champion skill tree where the "same/equal" bonus require 18 points.

Also get Berserk wich Power Overflow is a pre-req for. It is a great self buff for Attack power.

Getting all those HP/HP recovery and Def passives are great choices for you, especially as you wont have so high defense as a new player (goood for every champ but in some builds, especially when it comes to Spear - pvp wise, you can have a second look at these in order to save a few points).

I have no idea that the bonuses from the Sword/Axe Passives will still affect my overall stats. I suppose I should get both of them (plus the advanced ones from the Champ skill tree).
Btw, will the Attack Buff of my cleric overwrite my own Berserk? And I kinda maxed Achilles' Heel Strike. Is that bad?

======================================================
And thanks thanks thanks so much to you two for answering my questions. Just turned Champ yesterday and after I maxed three AoEs (Spin Attack, Achilles Heel Strike, Combat Cry) and increased my passives (maxed all Spear-related passives plus a few HP/Def ones), leveling was a breeze... well, as long as there's a party.

Personal Opinion: It was fun and all but it's kinda boring after a while. I mean, it's just not my style. I'd love to run around and collect monsters and then put them in a place then kill them like before. These days, I noticed that they will spawn right at your feet *shrugs*. I sure hope it doesn't go like that for the rest of my leveling experience~

#5 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Awwwh, I got Power Overflow though for maxed Berserk, even though I have a Cleric to buff me every 20 minutes or so. Is that bad? :(
Oh, OK. Time to find a Sacrifice skill then. The only reason I'm getting that is because of the fact that these past few days, people are demanding Sacrifice in their parties. Does that happen too in the higher-leveled dungeons (Sikuku, maybe)?

not really bad just not needed all the time, and i dont know about parties to much i tend to stick with myself since people are unreliable a lot of the time, and my own scheduled is pretty crazy. i also dont farm with characters above like 140

#6 iZeph

iZeph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:07 AM

^Thanks thanks so much, Zurn! I appreciate it.

In case I've got more soldier-related questions, I'll go back to this thread~ :p_laugh:

#7 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

The cleric ap buff does not overwrite berserk, you better keep the skill.
Berserk is a very good attack power buff (40%) compared to cleric buffs 25%, and always useful to have some more attack power.

#8 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

No real need to max Achille's Heal strike, but for lvling it is very handy.

When you're done lvling I suggest you only put lvl 1 on it in favour of other skills.

#9 iZeph

iZeph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

The cleric ap buff does not overwrite berserk, you better keep the skill.
Berserk is a very good attack power buff (40%) compared to cleric buffs 25%, and always useful to have some more attack power.

Ooooh, thanks guys! :3

No real need to max Achille's Heal strike, but for lvling it is very handy.

When you're done lvling I suggest you only put lvl 1 on it in favour of other skills.

Awwww I already maxed taht skill :( OH well, I guess a reset once I maxed is in order~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users