Rethink G-Fist SP Regen Cool Down Please. - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 6 votes

Rethink G-Fist SP Regen Cool Down Please.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

Hello Everyone,

Its been quite a few Months now since the G-Fist after cast SP Regen timer was implemented.

I was wondering if the GM's have gotten alot of negative feedback about this change and whether or not they have considered tweaking it?

With all of the Ale, Berry, and Seeds having cool downs now as well it seems a bit over kill to keep the 10 second timer on G-fist SP regen.

I was wondering if we could have it placed to maybe 5 Seconds, or make it so that you can use blue potions right after gfist but not use Ales, Berries or seeds?

I think the main complaint was driven from the over population of Ales in the WoE scene, and now that most of those are gone and its under control I dont see the need for this fix anymore.

But if WoE is the main target is it possible to make the cool down only affect WoE maps?

Because my main issue with the cool down is more for competitive MVPing. With the gfist nerf as Is, Genetics win 24/7.

Well I don't want this thread locked, I am hoping for some real feedback, So please keep it civil.

Peace D...

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

what mvp is it that you can't one shot?

#3 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

what mvp is it that you can't one shot?

Plenty, I do not have Megs or other WoE 1.0 God items, Thus I am not in the One Shot category.

Also, A friend that Does have Megs etc etc etc, Hunts Ifrit regularly. He can not one shot him.

#4 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

As long as they leave WoE cooldown as it is... I don't care...

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

Plenty, I do not have Megs or other WoE 1.0 God items, Thus I am not in the One Shot category.

Also, A friend that Does have Megs etc etc etc, Hunts Ifrit regularly. He can not one shot him.

-.- Shouldn't this be something that you are working on as a major guildleader?

basically w/ correct build and gear I have access to, w/ correct support I can one shot anything up to about 3.5mil hp.

(one shotting ifrit is a retarded notion)

Edited by Xellie, 03 April 2012 - 09:02 AM.

#6 KeitaroTsugaru

KeitaroTsugaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

They should jsut remove the cool down from the at all. There are to many topics about classes getting nurffed and change these days. Because to many people don't know how to play the game. They scream for balances, nurffs, or damage rework all of the time. Then the GMs go off into the game to anouce some new "FIX" that really just makes the game less fun to play. COOL DOWN REALLY!!! Your have all ready taken away our Snap Gfist, Our Instant Cast Gfist, Your NURFF lighting Ride with Fix cast time per lvl. HERES A IDEAL FOR A NURF!! I WANA Cry about GOH Skill, its too over power, cast to fast. Put a Fix cast time per lvl useage. Q.Q TROLL ME A RIVER NOW!!

#7 KeitaroTsugaru

KeitaroTsugaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

-.- Shouldn't this be something that you are working on as a major guildleader?

basically w/ correct build and gear I have access to, w/ correct support I can one shot anything up to about 3.5mil hp.

(one shotting ifrit is a retarded notion)

Well here is the fun part about that comment, Not every one [including major guild leaders] can affored to gett the nice stuff and use with what we have. Then when you have the zny to affored the nice things, even with the right build. People are hording items, or not spending their zny.

"MY FATHER NEVER HORDED UPGRADED ITEM" HA ROGUE JOB CHANGE Trolls us again. Anyways, You do have a point and there is allso a draw back from it as well. Let's all have cupcakes and sing untill MVPS drop cards from the heavens and people start spending their zny. Then all will happy IN RO LAND!! The Porings will coming hoping to our cheers and the TheiftBuffs will lot with joy!!! HORAY FOR MODIFICATIONS!! Suck a EDP with undead armor on you over achiver!

oh yeah COOL DOWN SP IS BAD... FIX IT!!

Edited by KeitaroTsugaru, 03 April 2012 - 09:12 AM.

#8 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

Working as intended.

#9 TargetMonster

TargetMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

Hello Everyone,

Its been quite a few Months now since the G-Fist after cast SP Regen timer was implemented.

I was wondering if the GM's have gotten alot of negative feedback about this change and whether or not they have considered tweaking it?

With all of the Ale, Berry, and Seeds having cool downs now as well it seems a bit over kill to keep the 10 second timer on G-fist SP regen.

I was wondering if we could have it placed to maybe 5 Seconds, or make it so that you can use blue potions right after gfist but not use Ales, Berries or seeds?

I think the main complaint was driven from the over population of Ales in the WoE scene, and now that most of those are gone and its under control I dont see the need for this fix anymore.

But if WoE is the main target is it possible to make the cool down only affect WoE maps?

Because my main issue with the cool down is more for competitive MVPing. With the gfist nerf as Is, Genetics win 24/7.

Well I don't want this thread locked, I am hoping for some real feedback, So please keep it civil.

Peace D...

LOL so your argument for unnerfing the most powered skill in the game is because its not the best dps skill?

also you complained at not winning against someone else in a mvp fight, wearing bad equips rofl april fools was 2 days ago.

Joke thread

#10 lemon

lemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

LOL so your argument for unnerfing the most powered skill in the game is because its not the best dps skill?

also you complained at not winning against someone else in a mvp fight, wearing bad equips rofl april fools was 2 days ago.

Joke thread

Most powerful skill? Uh, you do realize this ain't 2010 anymore right?

But anyways, if the G-fist cooldown isn't returned to the way it was originally, then you should "balance" the other skills that replaced the "most powerful skill" category; so GO AHEAD! IMPLEMENT A 10 SECOND COOLDOWN PER EACH CASTING OF THE GENETIC' BOMB SKILL! If ya don't then it's obvious you're favoring 1 class over the rest of the classes. *cough... classist*

#11 TargetMonster

TargetMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

lol no

IF one bomb is outdamaging your gfist that's your own specific problem not the skill's cool down fault

Edited by TargetMonster, 03 April 2012 - 09:39 AM.

#12 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

Can you add a 10 second delay to vanishing point and make it deal 3 million damage each cast? I can't win all MVP's!

#13 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

If the best MVP class is not sura anymore, and you want to have the best MVPer, then make one of the new best MVP class and problem solved.

Or are you telling me all those people who made champs/suras to mvp didn't made them because they were the best MVP class?

Edited by Kadnya, 03 April 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

Well here is the fun part about that comment, Not every one [including major guild leaders] can affored to gett the nice stuff and use with what we have. Then when you have the zny to affored the nice things, even with the right build. People are hording items, or not spending their zny.

That statement is far from true on Ymir.

The moment suras can reload and do double an MVPs damage in < 10 secs, is the moment people start crying for a fix.

you see?

#15 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

If anything they should INCREASE the cooldown. Ten seconds is too short of a cooldown. Compared to all classes but geneticist, Suras are still too powerful. You can either buff every single class, or just nerf Sura a little bit more. Path of least resistance.

#16 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

I've seen a lot of GXes with kvm weapon out-MVP genes for demihuman mvps. Genes get out-mvped by a lot of classes for low vit MVPs like boitata too.

God items and mvp cards make things a different kind of competition though.

Anyway if you were serious about mvp-ing, it might be a good idea to have more than just one sura character for it. Seems suras are more WoE oriented and a bit less mvp oriented after the balance patch, which I agree with.

#17 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

Sura really isn't my cup of tea. I learned the hard way by making a 150/50 Sura lol. I am ok with the Gfist nerf for woe/pvp but hate it for pvm. Also hate the LR nerf.

I use to see a lot of different classes mvp. RG, RK, Sura, Genetic all seemed to be the top dogs. Sura and Genetic were a step above RK and RG by a good margin. Good RG/RK's were still pretty competitive. Obviously RK is still good for Ghost. RK took a hit on gloomy CS. Inspiration is crap now. Sura got Gfist nerf. I don't know much about Genetic but I know they got a small HP buff. Still seems Genetic has the highest dps for MvP now. It has basically became RK for Ghost, Sura best for anything it can one shot(normal player without mvp carded equips and 1.0 Gods is pretty limited) and Genetic is still good for any MvP(aka the top dog now).

Sura still is the best tank but that means you have to party lol. Who wants to party for MvP and share loots when they are not worth anything lol. This may be unpopular but its the truth. I know MvP's arent meant to be soloed so no need to troll. As long as people are doing them solo it would be cool if there was a little more balance over all the main killers really.

#18 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Sura's are one of the strongest classes in-game presently so if the cool-down is reduced then G-fist needs a great big nerf to make up for the cool-down being lowered. And no to the ability to use any sort of sp items during the cooldown as the cooldown was put in to provide balance. The cool-down reduction would make sura's too OP without proper constraints put in place that affect both pvm and woe.

#19 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

LR nerf was retarded, and i think suras are perfectly fine right now, even tough i really hate snap.

#20 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

Either GoH or Cursed circle still need to be nerfed

#21 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

There was a 10+ page Thread on irowiki forums on nerfing Sura's GoH and other skills. It isn't just a few players complaining about Sura's it's many!
You can't be good at everything. You guys are already one of the top dogs for WoE and the best class for PvP atm not to mention the 2nd best class for MvP's. Sura's are the best end gameviable class atm! If you cannot agree to these statements then you are a prideful Sura owner or you are blind...

Gfist is getting an instant cast Gfist weapon in a few months with the scheduled bellum seige equipments aka KvM 2 weapons...

You guys can disable a group of players with CC which never misses
GoH is good to take out pretty much any class under 30k hp and even higher if you have low hp not to mention is LONG RANGE
You can get out of frozen and CC with gentle-touch cure
Gfist is an instant KO for any class with the right gears (big woop you guys have to wait 10 seconds you have GoH stop complaining because it isn't as easy to one shot RK's and RG's now)
Snap is one of the most influential skills in WoE
You guys can wear a shield and have over 45k hp
Pneuma protects you from any long range attack

How many classes have these game-breaking abilties?

A class with that much power should not be a good tanker as well. It is an unbalanced class and more than just CC needs to be nerfed. The only thing you guys aren't quite as good as some other classes is PvM and everyone knows PvM isn't even end-game viable anywase...

Edited by TheKraven, 03 April 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#22 KeitaroTsugaru

KeitaroTsugaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

hahaha! Q.Q Suras Steal my fun from mvps, Making me have to go lvl my own SHAME ON YOU! I miss the old days when i could spam 1.3 mil in bombs on mvps and get a pretty OPB for show. WASTE THEM IF YOU GOT THEM.. Wait I still waste bombs on mvps and low vits. Statement removed. I'm bomb a poring if i am bored and he took my Rainbow carrot!

#23 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

Sura is already better at being a killer, buffer, tank, etc etc. LEAVE IT AS IS. Lack of ales and berry timers wont stop Gfist from being spammed if it could be. Gfist without the delay is EZ mode, is that you want.....EZ mode? nvm Sura is pretty much EZ mode regardless of timer.

Edited by DeathDealer, 03 April 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#24 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Well I guess the Main forums have reduced them selves to nothing but people who are to ignorant to put themselves in the other persons shoes.

All of your points thus far have been prebalance patch problems and preberry/seed nerf.

Suras do not own as much as you think in WoE, where real battles take place. 99% of the time a legit good Sura is rushing, Using CC so that a Mech or Ranger can come and wipe the crowd.

The issue as I stated in the Topic was about MVPing.

@Xellie, really? Since when did doing well in WoE automatically make me a Top guild leader. All of the Major guilds still consider Us Noobs, and Mock us every chance they get. One major differece? GoD Items, They have them we don't. Access to them to MVP? Sure I do have friends that have them, but should I be forced to beg to us ethem every time I want to go MVP? No...

The point is The real Issue with Gfist was people spamming Ales prebalance owning people all over WOE.

The problem behind that was 150 Sura verse multiple 112-130 level people.
Over population of Ales

Now most people in WoE are 150, Many people can Gaurd Gfist or avaoid it, Millenium Sheild, Shadow Formation, Gaurd..etc etc etc.

So why not unerf the Skill, so people can enjoy their character again?

A Mod can just close this thread BTW, because It seems no one is helpful here on these forums anymore...QQ

P.S> Sura Haters... Get Better at your class instead of asking for a Nerf on Mine all the time...QQ

#25 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

tl;dr more insightful and experienced people disagreed with you and you're throwing a tantrum because apparently being open minded and helpful means we have to agree with you. Even though you are wrong. Q comma Q.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users