Next Balance Patch?! - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Next Balance Patch?!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 aznversaiboi

aznversaiboi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

I would like to know when is the next Balance patch, so i can make a list of things that should get fixed! Thank You =D

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

2020. Oh wait, the game would be dead by then if nothing is done to balance the game.

#3 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

First balance patch was expected in august I believe, got it on end of december.

So once we have a date, add 5 months to it.

#4 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

make kro agree to get the next balance patch first!!

#5 aznversaiboi

aznversaiboi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

Oh Wow.! Lol at Cerulean~
I would like a balance patch asap for my wanderer and maestro! Justice should be served and rushed! XD!

#6 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

2020. Oh wait, the game would be dead by then if nothing is done to balance the game.

You are giving it longer then I am

But really if they rush it they will probably make it worse =|

#7 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

The problem with these balance patches is that people finally learn to deal with skills the way they are and everything gets changed again. It's rather frustrating.

#8 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

Which is why they should be constant and expected rather than delayed surprises

#9 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

The problem with these balance patches is that people finally learn to deal with skills the way they are and everything gets changed again. It's rather frustrating.

I think there are more people that abandon their characters than learn to deal with it.
I miss having strings in parties on the regular.

#10 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Nerfs should never be allowed. People stop playing/using the nerfed things.

#11 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Performers are a lost cause at the moment. The next patches may bring more nerfs to this class anyways. [Fever will have duration halved]

Hope they remember to fix the bugs. [DSL success/duration bug, and allowing it at PVM, besides the other stuff, and of course the bugs of other classes]

Other expected things:

- DB being reduced by fire/demihuman resistance
- Some things to Knuckle Arrow and Arrow Storm
- Genetic Cannonball bug fix
- Taekwon class related stuff [Like Wizard Spirit working, aka removing gem cost of Sienna and Comet]

Dumb question of the day: How to nerf any skill:

Spoiler

Edited by asayuu, 05 April 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#12 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Performers are a lost cause at the moment. The next patches may bring more nerfs to this class anyways. [Fever will have duration halved]

Hope they remember to fix the bugs. [DSL success/duration bug, and allowing it at PVM, besides the other stuff, and of course the bugs of other classes]

Other expected things:

- Taekwon class related stuff [Like Wizard Spirit working, aka removing gem cost of Sienna and Comet]

Gravity's favorite class is clearly shura and genetic. They hate RKs so much since they have the ability to stop them.

Spoiler

#13 LuxiLux

LuxiLux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Other expected things:

Spoiler

-Adjustments to DB have currently been put to a stop, due to the bugs that occured along with the initial adjustments(think someone posted an RK doing 500k DB)

-Knuckle Arrow has it's Knock-back damage on boss monsters removed, and now requires the monster to be near a wall for knock-back to apply. Unknown if it affects WoE.

-Thorn Wall no longer deals rapid damage in WoE

-Overbrand 3rd hit WoE fix

and some other stuff I don't really remember.

#14 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

It feels like this next balance patch wont ever come to iRO

It feels like this next balance patch wont ever come to iRO

#15 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

The game and how broke it is frustrating. correct asnwer to this is Let it die, just let it die Ragnarok is already a shell of it former glory.

#16 celestience

celestience

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1080 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

well to me i think the balance patch is better then before the balance patch

is just that the classes are QQing about the nerf that brought with the balance patch which i think makes it balanced

maybe performers are being shafted down but at least they will be singing again and not using severe rainstorm which before the balance patch their arrow dmg is higher then ranger dmg which is ridiculous.

#17 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

-Thorn Wall no longer deals rapid damage in WoE

This one made me sad cuz its the only way a gene can kill anyone anymore short of god items

#18 aznversaiboi

aznversaiboi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

Sigh~Everytime I look at woe, only 3-5 Wanderers are around for Valk server~ Aiinsha,Angelyne,yaguhLOL,Pandy and Grace Kelly~

If you look at old woe videos By Kylesa Or Gypsy Tears, you will see how useful performers were back then. Should Seriously fix Dsl~and stunning immunity! I feel performer class is useless~ Especially my wanderer :(!

#19 aznversaiboi

aznversaiboi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

I think there are more people that abandon their characters than learn to deal with it.
I miss having strings in parties on the regular.

Your totally wrong. I bare woe-ing with my 150/50 wanderer ever woe. I see tons of people adjusting to the balance patch. But its not only adjusting, its about the equality. That Ripper Bear dude said every class can kill back then, but now performers cant even kill. *o* Sadface*o*

#20 aznversaiboi

aznversaiboi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:44 AM

Yea, but they will just have to learn to adjust again. Do you know how long it took me to adjust to my wanderer's stats and skills? Severe Rainstorm got nerfed, Deep Sleep Lullaby got nerfed, Dazzler not working, and just about everything for performers got nerfed. I had to adjust to it. So everyone should and can adjust to the new Balance Patch.

#21 aznversaiboi

aznversaiboi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

Other expected things:

Spoiler

So true :P

#22 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

Yea, but they will just have to learn to adjust again. Do you know how long it took me to adjust to my wanderer's stats and skills? Severe Rainstorm got nerfed, Deep Sleep Lullaby got nerfed, Dazzler not working, and just about everything for performers got nerfed. I had to adjust to it. So everyone should and can adjust to the new Balance Patch.

Most ppl adjusted to wanderer "balancing" by switching classes :P

#23 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

Most ppl adjusted to wanderer "balancing" by switching classes :P

Yeah, who liked buffing now uses AB, who liked pure DPS has a Ranger, who liked to disable has a Warlock, and who wants a hybrid has a Sorcerer or a Warlock. This to not check the people who changed to Sura, Genetic or sword classes.

I have both a warlock and a sorcerer on standby. If I don't quit until one of them is 150/50, I will replace my wanderer on my guild. Sad because I believe I am the only wanderer on the server who uses Song of Sinking in a regular basis [I don't use Fever because it causes more harm than good to my allies. Though a RG loved having 1500 equipment atk on inspiration]. And I hate the cooldown, because it is not like it's a extreme disable like SD or Bloody Lust. Wish it had the same cooldown as Howling (around 30 secs, not 300)

well to me i think the balance patch is better then before the balance patch

is just that the classes are QQing about the nerf that brought with the balance patch which i think makes it balanced

maybe performers are being shafted down but at least they will be singing again and not using severe rainstorm which before the balance patch their arrow dmg is higher then ranger dmg which is ridiculous.

Oh yeah, because a ranger can wait 3 seconds to have constant bursts of 100k damage having a DPS of 33k in aoe 11x11. While the performer has to wait 7 to be able to hit 15k total damage in the same aoe. TOTALLY fair. This to not say pre-balance SR made zero harm in woe.

White Wing + Elven is totally unbalanced because it pushes a 10k Arrow Storm to 27k. Point is. Parties had reasons to have multiple performers. A bard stringing, a wanderer using kiss, another performer using rainstorm. Now the performer struggle to enter in a party [Even the stringer, the main AOE (ranger) barely needs work with cast time or delay]

And seriously, who wants to create a class just to afk at woe while touching a button? This is the job of the performer classes now. Touch string and go alt-tab. Run to the castle and go be oneshotted by the sura. If at least we could stop the sura with either Despair [which the sura can just snap away] or Deep Sleep. Siren works for very few time, and you can't stop the attacking class, they can still be after you until the duration passes.

It's sick playing on the post-balance. Performers spend more time doing absolutely nothing now.

#24 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

You overestimate the value of arrow storm @ pvp/woe

#25 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

Oh no, I'm just talking about PVM. Those 12/14k woe storms totally make my "omg my rainstorm barely hits 10" to shame :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users