Spoiler

#27 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:25 PM

Why are some of the job changes so tedious and lengthy where as others are fairly painless, quick and straight forward? Makes very little sense.

#28 NinjaMaster

NinjaMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

i am talking to the girl and she says wait til dark, does anyone know what she means by that

#29 TheGuindo

TheGuindo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:47 PM

This part of the quest requires you to go to Veins field 5 to talk to an NPC.

Veins field 5 is missing. I was there this morning; the map is not there now.

/headdesk

#30 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:24 AM

Ok so I don't know if the quest bugged on me or not but I've gotten to the Old Man that talks about the suspicious girl but after that the quest won't let me talk to the next NPC in the chain. Looking into this and a reply would be greatly appreciated. I just want to know if i messed up and need to restart the quest somehow or if it bugged on me.

At this point i went to Diora again and she gave me tip#2, at which point i was able to talk to the girl to continue with the quest (now 7 attempts at catching the NPC, bah).

I dont know if its completely random, or different cell/direction havea bearing, but i walked from the cell directly above her into the cell to her left and caught her.

Edited by Hrothmund, 17 September 2010 - 05:29 AM.

#31 DarkNinja

DarkNinja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:49 AM

A good site to use is this

http://ro.inven.co.k...il.php?code=267

And just link that to a google translator like i did and try follow along.

The translating is bad but ya get the idea

#32 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:07 AM

This part of the quest requires you to go to Veins field 5 to talk to an NPC.

Veins field 5 is missing. I was there this morning; the map is not there now.

/headdesk

It is intended that veins field 5 be removed (has no monsters, on the list of removed maps), but for some reason it is still used for the GX quest (and the veins ore quest). They will probably simply have to move the NPCs on the map to ve_fild04.

#33 TheGuindo

TheGuindo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:55 PM

It is intended that veins field 5 be removed (has no monsters, on the list of removed maps), but for some reason it is still used for the GX quest (and the veins ore quest). They will probably simply have to move the NPCs on the map to ve_fild04.

I figured that was the case, since when I hit that map earlier there were no spawns on it. But the NPC needs to be moved so it's accessible.

#34 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

Oh you can still access viens_05 currently on Yggdrasil (just went there).

You need to exit via north of town, you have a 50/50 chance to end up on viens_05 or viens_04

Also anyone else think the GX headgear reward should be lower only? It kinda sucks compared to mid gears available currently.

Edited by Hrothmund, 17 September 2010 - 05:34 PM.

#35 TheGuindo

TheGuindo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:55 PM

It can't be a 50/50 chance because when I tried it this morning I tried several times and only ever made it to veins 4, but when I tried again this evening I went to veins 5 immediately both times (I failed the test the first time 8| ). I am pretty sure they took the map out during maint yesterday and put it back in when they realized it was still needed for GX. Something there needs to be changed since the map is supposedly getting removed but there are still useful NPCs on it.

The headgear says it's lower only in the desc, but it takes up two slots. Either the desc needs to change or the slot thing is a bug. I agree it should be lower only.

I finished this quest today. The walkthrough on iROwiki is fully updated. Future GX questers let me know (through this thread or PM) if there's more information you feel needs to be added.

More screencaps of poorly translated text (there are a lot):

Spoiler

#36 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:07 PM

actually most job class headgears are kinda meh, except the ranger one because it gives +1 fixed aspd apparently which is absolutely massive.

Its just after the slotted elven ears event, i feel kinda cheated knowing my uber special item is a midgear lol :wah:

(it really looks like it wont interfere graphically with a midgear either)

#37 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:35 AM

I managed to get S rank on this. I used Doddler's guide with a Google translation from IRO WIKI.

Edited by Nitro, 18 September 2010 - 09:39 AM.

#38 TheGuindo

TheGuindo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

...Whoa the rank you get actually changes? I got an A. What do you get for S rank?

#39 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:49 PM

The only thing I noticed was a Jewelry box. I opened it and got some unidentified ring.

#40 TheGuindo

TheGuindo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

Hmm, I got a jewelry box too. Had a Celebrant's Mitten in it.

Maybe the rank is purely aesthetic or you need to do really poorly to get worse than a jewelry box.

#41 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

Maybe it uses the same ranks as slotting, C,B,A,S. so C rank might be an OPB and B rank might be an OCA or something. idk, it wasnt that i needed the tip though, the girl NPC didnt react until i went back and got a tip.

Given the rewards from the quest, I think its O.K. to have one timered wait thing, but the 3 hours on the 2nd part means it'll take 2 days to complete for most people. Aside from the timed thing though, the quest was really good.

#42 VagabondHien

VagabondHien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Server:IRO Chaos

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:22 PM

Yeah i've talked to all the NPCs in order from the Vigilante to the Old man but after that the Girl in the middle repeats something about a Black Angel and i can't go any farther in the quest. I just ended up useing the Valk to Third Class but i want to know for future reference so i don't mess up when it hits the main server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users