5 replies to this topic

#1 Kowai90

Kowai90

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

Hello fellow Rose players :heh:

I've been playing for a couple of weeks now ( have played before, but that was like 10 years ago ) and was wondering what I could do as a PvE player.
I'm not the kind of player who is online for hours at a time, I like to spend some time just to relax for a bit.

Therefore I'm a solo player ( with the occasional party here and there ), and do not play enough for big bossfights or pvp.

For now i've gone battlecleric with max buffs, and swords.

Stats are distributed between Int (40%) Con (20%) Dex (20%) and Str (20%).
I'm using the IM black cross shield ( HP ) and use HP/MP gear for survivability.

This is about the most epic build to level with to about level 85 (where I'm at). I can solo purple mobs with great ease, can handle even two or three at a time.

This all worked perfectly up until now. Now I'm leveling as slow as a wet paper towel ( trust me, that's slow ) and stuck with boredom.

What to do to spicen things up? :p_swt: I've considered going Mage, but i think i'd miss my buffs too much. Furthermore I'm afraid I cant handle high lvl mobs anymore, and therefore get even less xp.

Please advise.

#2 Rayun

Rayun

Tool Creator

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leo,Draco,Pega

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hello fellow Rose players :heh:

I've been playing for a couple of weeks now ( have played before, but that was like 10 years ago ) and was wondering what I could do as a PvE player.
I'm not the kind of player who is online for hours at a time, I like to spend some time just to relax for a bit.

Therefore I'm a solo player ( with the occasional party here and there ), and do not play enough for big bossfights or pvp.

For now i've gone battlecleric with max buffs, and swords.

Stats are distributed between Int (40%) Con (20%) Dex (20%) and Str (20%).
I'm using the IM black cross shield ( HP ) and use HP/MP gear for survivability.

This is about the most epic build to level with to about level 85 (where I'm at). I can solo purple mobs with great ease, can handle even two or three at a time.

This all worked perfectly up until now. Now I'm leveling as slow as a wet paper towel ( trust me, that's slow ) and stuck with boredom.

What to do to spicen things up? :p_swt: I've considered going Mage, but i think i'd miss my buffs too much. Furthermore I'm afraid I cant handle high lvl mobs anymore, and therefore get even less xp.

Please advise.

I havent played battle cleric for some time but even in past i remember leveling went slow later.
Unless im wrong you wont have enough skill points for taking all battle passves if you max all cleric buffs (thats, when you reach 220)
In most cases battle clerics have no buffs (or uses Item Mall ones what consumes no points) or even no heals, they get buffed/healed by other party cleric.

Making mage or champion to level it up would be faster, other option is to hunt kings and boss monsters :)
I did make full support cleric in past until 220, then reset it to battle one, as it was easier/faster (people always need full support clerics in party) :)

#3 Kowai90

Kowai90

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:33 AM

I havent played battle cleric for some time but even in past i remember leveling went slow later.
Unless im wrong you wont have enough skill points for taking all battle passves if you max all cleric buffs (thats, when you reach 220)
In most cases battle clerics have no buffs (or uses Item Mall ones what consumes no points) or even no heals, they get buffed/healed by other party cleric.

Making mage or champion to level it up would be faster, other option is to hunt kings and boss monsters :)
I did make full support cleric in past until 220, then reset it to battle one, as it was easier/faster (people always need full support clerics in party) :)

Thanks for your reply. I've read a lot about the IM buffs.
Though I'm not quite sure if those buffs affect my swords. My Phantom Swords are my biggest damage source, and therefore awesome when buffed up.

Secondly, will i still be able to solo the purples as a Mage?

Take in mind here that I'm a Solo player, whereas I do not have a party with clerics and tanks around.

#4 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:26 AM

The IM buffs only target party members no summons or anyone that's not in the party.

#5 Kowai90

Kowai90

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

The IM buffs only target party members no summons or anyone that's not in the party.

Which means the IM buffs will decrease my damage output greatly. My swords deal (buffed) 600-1000 damage each hit (and there are two of them). They would do 400-800 damage without buffs.
I wouldnt be able to make up for the 400 missing damage every second with just the two attack skills made available for the cleric..

Edited by Kowai90, 08 April 2012 - 06:55 AM.

#6 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Nope, it'll be the slow path for you the whole way if you're a solo player.

I solo'd ROSE Online with my first character as well(with a single target Bourgesis using a Gun). Year and a half of casual grinding until I made it to 205, where I caved and joined AoE parties to power level the rest.

If you want to level quicker, go to AoE maps(such as Oblivion Temple, Sikiku Prison or Ruins) where parties can be found(sometimes not). Join their party and help by being a support cleric with heals on the AoE class, a bonfire/salamandar/mana flame and leech off their exp.

To spicen it up solo play? Do quests along-side your solo grind fest, buy your next level gear(ie if you're 100, buy your 140 set) to keep you inspired to keep going.

You can handle high level monsters 1 by 1 much easier as a cleric, than a mage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users