AzzyAI 1.41 - Legacy version. Latest 1.50 is recommended. - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

AzzyAI 1.41 - Legacy version. Latest 1.50 is recommended.

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Please use the latest version, 1.50!

If you really must use 1.41: http://drazzy.com/ai...AzzyAI 1.41.zip

Maintenance release to fix critical issue with mercenaries.

If you get an error when using the GUI, you need the .net framework: http://www.microsoft...t/download.aspx

For installation information, and FAQ, see http://drazzy.com/ai/faq.html

Features:
• Ability to behave aggressively or passively depending on merc/homun current hp.
• Ability to have specific behavior for different monsters (only practical on homun)
• Neither merc nor homun will kill alchemist summoned plants (by default – can be disabled).
• Automatically use appropriate attack skill for the mercenary if configured to use skill attacks.
• Automatically use self-buffs if enabled. Will not recast buffs on teleport like most autobuff AIs.
• Option to select level of selfbuff used by homun.
• Support for new Homunculus S system
• Option to "snipe" targets, without interrupting attacks on another monster (homun only).
• Automatically use player-buffs on owner if enabled.
• Automatically use anti-mob skills when mobbed by enough aggressive monsters (threshold configurable)
• Follows intelligently, can be configured to stay back a number of cells from the owner through use of the FollowStayBack option.
• Option to kite targets and/or use pushback skills for archer mercenaries.
• Targets brandish spear and FAS to hit the most targets possible.
• Friendlisting (to let your mercenary/homun KS other players)
• Cross/Circle motions on friending like MirAI
• Option to "dance" while attacking to bypass the aspd delay on normal attacks (homun only).
• Random Walk - autofollow your mercenary with this turned on, and let it drag you around the map.
• Waypoint based "Route Walk" - make a route, and autofollow your merc while it drags you around. (mercenary only)
• Graphical User Interface for editing of most configuration options.
• Customize whether your homun/merc attacks on your use of skills (casting or on skill use), or just attacks.
• Auto-use chaotic blessings and healing hands
• Auto-shutdown for homun AI on seeing certain monsters (DB protection)

Recent changes:

* Fixed critical issue with mercenary AoE skills introduced by 1.40 dev 19
* Fixed issue with UseSmartAOE when used with FAS which can cause the mercenary to incorrectly select targets with FAS when handling targets to the northwest or southeast of the mercenary.
* The area of Brandish Spear is calculated incorrectly for comparison to UseAutoMobCount. This will be fixed in 1.50 as the framework planned for this is not ready.
* Corrected improper use of FAS when there were not enough monsters on screen.
* Corrected issue with FAS target counting of monsters in the four cardinal directions being 2 cells narrower in the vertical direction (this meant that the area it was counting for east/west direction was only 1 cell wide).
* Corrected issue with FAS target counting of monsters in the diagonal directions always counting zero monsters.
* Corrected issue with mercenaries failing to correctly use debuff skills
* Corrected AutoMobCount to 2 in default mercenary settings.

1.40 Final
* Padded skill delays to reduce the liklihood of the AI trying to recast skills before the cooldown is up due to lag, flywings, etc. This is 5 seconds for bloodlust, 1-1.5 for flitting/accel flight - so you can still make it bug by winging around alot - or of course if you log out or manually cast the skill - but this should help significantly
* Padded lava slide and a few other skills with a short delay, because my tests indicate that they seem to have one, and we were trying to cast other skills during that delay and failing.
* AI will not let you cast SBR 44 manually, unless you set AllowSBR44=1 in H_Extra. Misclick insurance. Unfortunately, I can't do the same for self destruct.
* A few internal fixes backported from 1.50.

1.40 dev 23 - release candidate
* Fixed MobSkillFixedLevel option
* RESCUE_ALL will now rescue if the target is friend or owner, but not if target is self. This makes a lot more sense.
* Fixed issue with failing to use autobuffs on homunculi with more than one buff with a non-zero cast time and delay, due to failure to check delay status.
* Corrected default H_Tactics to use basic tactic ATTACK_M instead of REACT_M, an error introduced by poor source control in dev 21 and 22.
* Improved logging around autobuff and healing skills.
* Added function to improve human readability of skill-usage logging in future updates.

1.40 dev 22 - release candidate
* Fixed issue with Chaotic Blessings and Healing Hands not correctly using cooldown.
* Fixed issue in which UseAutoSkill_MinSP would be ignored if Berserk_IgnoreMinSP (defaults to 1) was enabled, even when the AI wasn't in berserk mode.
* Cleaned up SP checking, much easier to read and work on now
* Cleaned up attack state logging.
* New option for homuns: MobSkillFixedLevel - if set to 1, always use the level set via (homuntype)(skill)Level option (ex, DieterLavaSlideLevel)) for antimob skills, ignoring tactics stating otherwise. Defaults to 1. I've been seeing lots of people using lvl 1~4 of lava slide in OD2, and i'm pretty sure it's because they wanted to use lvl 1~4 of the bolt skills, but level 5 of lava slide.
* Fixed issue with commanding homunculus to use skills not behaving as expected.
* Fixed issue with UseSkillOnly mode not correctly using attack ranges
* Fixed issue with Sera skill Poison Mist not properly using cooldown
* Fixed major issue with incorrectly estimating casting times.
* Fixed issue with incorrectly calculating cooldown options
* Added cooldown on Lava Slide ("what? you didn't have one already?" you say? See last point).
* Improved logging around skill cooldowns.

1.40 dev 21 - release candidate
* Fixed issue with sniping
* Fixed issue with tanking
* Updated documentation

1.40 dev 20 - release candidate
* Fixed issue with Dieter selfbuff skills
* Added OnInit() call, for players to handle multiple homun AI configurations.
* Added protection for file conflict issue when using multiple homuns at once - will now fail gracefully.
* AoE skill count no longer counts killsteals as targets when deciding whether to cast an AoE
* Sonic claw delay is back, because the GMs added a short delay on it
* Added UseSmartBulwark option.

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 March 2013 - 07:06 AM.

#2 Laurynthia

Laurynthia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Server:iRO Ymir

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

This version seems better than 1.40 Final and I was able to use level 6 bow mercenaries. I'll try with other levels later.

However, I was encountering problems with homunculus/mercenary interaction with the rescue tactic not seeming to be working in the manner that I would have expected.

What I wanted (Which seems to work in 1.40 Dev17) is for the vani to attack any monsters in the area and to rescue both owner and merc. The merc was supposed to defend itself and owner but to also attack whatever the vani was attacking but was not doing this unless owner or merc was hit.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

What I wanted (Which seems to work in 1.40 Dev17) is for the vani to attack any monsters in the area and to rescue both owner and merc. The merc was supposed to defend itself and owner but to also attack whatever the vani was attacking but was not doing this unless owner or merc was hit.

What's the mercenary's default tactic?

Does relogging help?

Merc should definitely be auto-friending the homunculus, and attacking stuff that the homun is fighting - but nothing has been changed in this regard at any point since 1.35. The closest thing that's been changed is the behavior of rescue all.

#4 Laurynthia

Laurynthia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Merc was set to React(Medium), Rescue (All). I fwinged around a bit, vaporized and recalled homunculus but could not relog at the time due to being in Overlook.

Could the other homunculus that I had left in OD2 have been causing a problem with identifying the correct homunculus?

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Merc was set to React(Medium), Rescue (All). I fwinged around a bit, vaporized and recalled homunculus but could not relog at the time due to being in Overlook.

Could the other homunculus that I had left in OD2 have been causing a problem with identifying the correct homunculus?

OH! Multi-accounting could break it - though if you teleport on the other account, that should sort things out - last I checked, teleport would trigger full reload of the AI, which would sort this out.

I it should do what you want it to with rescue turned off though (rescue means it will drop target to come to the aid of what it's supposed to rescue, which is likely not what you really want - if both homun and merc are rescuing vs a monster, if one of those is on homun and one on merc, they'll each attack the one that's attacking the other, for example - i'd think you'd want the (more durable) homun on rescue with merc not on rescue)

#6 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

Hey DrAzzy,

I've got a new Vani I just created & it's my 1st time using a homunculus. This is the first version of your AI I installed & am using also.

I am noticing a problem with my Vani getting stuck after a kill & just staying there sometimes & not returning to me or moving on to kill another that's in the area unless I move out of the screen view area so it has to reload, so to speak. This also happens when I am walking as long as I am still within it's viewing area. I haven't tested this with aggressive monsters only passive ones since he can't attack much yet & I was just trying to level him up with lower level monsters that were passive. So I don't know if he would react differently if I were being attacked.

I can find out easy enough though. I didn't think about it till posting this.

I took a screenshot of sitting where he just killed one & there are two others in view but he isn't moving for some reason.

http://img.photobuck...rie_Open204.jpg

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Hey DrAzzy,

I've got a new Vani I just created & it's my 1st time using a homunculus. This is the first version of your AI I installed & am using also.

I am noticing a problem with my Vani getting stuck after a kill & just staying there sometimes & not returning to me or moving on to kill another that's in the area unless I move out of the screen view area so it has to reload, so to speak. This also happens when I am walking as long as I am still within it's viewing area. I haven't tested this with aggressive monsters only passive ones since he can't attack much yet & I was just trying to level him up with lower level monsters that were passive. So I don't know if he would react differently if I were being attacked.

I can find out easy enough though. I didn't think about it till posting this.

I took a screenshot of sitting where he just killed one & there are two others in view but he isn't moving for some reason.

http://img.photobuck...rie_Open204.jpg

Please take a traceai while it's in that state. (delete traceai.txt in RO folder, then get homun into bugged state, type /traceai, then wait 5-10 seconds, and /traceai again), and post the contents of TraceAI.txt, as well as AAIStartH.txt and AAI_ERROR.log (if that file exists).

#8 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:24 AM

I noticed that 'tank monsters' works when it's set to default, but not for individual monsters. I'm leveling in Amatsu 2 right now, semi-afk, and I would really love it if my dieter would only tank poisonous toads while going all out at everything else. Whenever I set it to tank the toads, it ignores that command and instead just takes them out one by one.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

I noticed that 'tank monsters' works when it's set to default, but not for individual monsters. I'm leveling in Amatsu 2 right now, semi-afk, and I would really love it if my dieter would only tank poisonous toads while going all out at everything else. Whenever I set it to tank the toads, it ignores that command and instead just takes them out one by one.

Hm, tanking worked when I tested it. I was testing with it as default tactic too, but that shouldn't make a difference, because all checking of tactics is handled by the GetTact() function, which doesn't make any distinction between tactic types (and is also a very simple function) - so if it didn't work, tactics would be broken in general.

I would check for human and GUI errors. Make sure you've got the ID of poisonous toad correct, and open H_Tactics.lua and check that it's saving the tactic correctly.

If that fails, the workaround is to set default tactic to tank, and define a tactic for all the other monsters on the map. But I'm almost certain that there isn't a problem with tanking on non-default tactics, and that this workaround will hence not be needed - there's just no plausible way for that to happen. Problem with tanking in general, i'd believe, but not with non-default tactics only.

Edited by DrAzzy, 11 April 2012 - 06:59 AM.

#10 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

Ok, I'll try the reversed method first, since the firelock soldiers and shinobi are the only things I don't want to tank.

One more thing. How do I choose how many monsters to tank before dieter uses aoe spells again? right now it always casts when there are more than two, and if it's set to tank it never casts at all.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 11 April 2012 - 09:15 AM.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

Please check that the config has the right ID and is saving correctly before setting it up backwards..

AutoMobCount is the setting for how many monsters before it uses an AoE skill.

The AI will not use skills against a monster it is set to tank. I see what you want it to do - mob up poison toads and then kill them with lava slide. There isn't a way to do that in 1.41 - if it's set to tank, it won't use skills against them, because it's trying to tank them, rather than kill them. I just added a TACT_TANKMOB to 1.50 to give the behavior you want.

Edited by DrAzzy, 11 April 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#12 BrunoFerreira

BrunoFerreira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

AutoMobCount is the setting for how many monsters before it uses an AoE skill.

I was looking for this! I expected it to be on H_Extra seeing it's not handled by the GUI, but it's on H_Config. The Mercenary tab in the GUI has a AutoMobCount option, though.

While reading H_Config I've also found three options that are not in the GUI: UseAutoPushback, AutoPushbackThreshold and UsePierceSize. They sound mercenary-ish to me, do they have any use for homunculi? Should I set them up in a specific way or can I just ignore them?

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

I was looking for this! I expected it to be on H_Extra seeing it's not handled by the GUI, but it's on H_Config. The Mercenary tab in the GUI has a AutoMobCount option, though.

While reading H_Config I've also found three options that are not in the GUI: UseAutoPushback, AutoPushbackThreshold and UsePierceSize. They sound mercenary-ish to me, do they have any use for homunculi? Should I set them up in a specific way or can I just ignore them?

Oh damn. I should have put that into H_Extra, no wonder everyone was asking me about that. I forgot that the GUI didn't have that for homun. You can put that option there if you like (it doesn't matter where it is; if it's in both places, what's in H_Extra takes precedence)

Per the documentation, those settings are only used for mercenaries (and UsePierceSize is ignored entirely as of 1.40 dev 7).

Edited by DrAzzy, 11 April 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#14 BrunoFerreira

BrunoFerreira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Per the documentation, those settings are only used for mercenaries (and UsePierceSize is ignored entirely as of 1.40 dev 7).

Yeah, that's what I figured. It was just a bit weird to find them in H_Config, instead of M_Config.

By the way, I've also found the option ChaoticBlessLevel in H_Config, which is also not handled by the GUI. It is set to 3 by default, which makes sense because that's the level with the highest chance of healing the Alchemist. My question is: when healing himself (per HealSelfHP, located in H_Extra), is the homunculus using level 4 of the skill (highest chance of healing self) or is he going by ChaoticBlessLevel and using level 3?

The best behavior would be using level 4 for HealSelfHP, and level 3 for HealOwnerHP.

#15 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Yeah, that's what I figured. It was just a bit weird to find them in H_Config, instead of M_Config.

By the way, I've also found the option ChaoticBlessLevel in H_Config, which is also not handled by the GUI. It is set to 3 by default, which makes sense because that's the level with the highest chance of healing the Alchemist. My question is: when healing himself (per HealSelfHP, located in H_Extra), is the homunculus using level 4 of the skill (highest chance of healing self) or is he going by ChaoticBlessLevel and using level 3?

The best behavior would be using level 4 for HealSelfHP, and level 3 for HealOwnerHP.

ChaoticBlessLevel is no longer used - note that it is not listed in the documentation nor settable via the GUI.

The AI selects level 4 for healing itself and level 3 for healing the owner. I will clarify this in the documentation for 1.50.

Edited by DrAzzy, 11 April 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#16 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

Can you explain more about : Option to "dance" while attacking to bypass the aspd delay on normal attacks (homun only)
I don't get it x_x

#17 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Can you explain more about : Option to "dance" while attacking to bypass the aspd delay on normal attacks (homun only)
I don't get it x_x

If the homunculus moves back and forth ("dancing") while attacking, that will allow it to use a normal attack more frequently than it otherwise could. This doesn't work nearly as well as it used to, though - and of course it comes at the cost of keeping you from regening SP. It only adds a small amount to your damage output, at the cost of (in most cases) the majority of your SP regen.

My recommendation is to enable it only on Amistrs and Lifs prior to getting their first homun S attack skill - for homuns with a decent attack skill, the loss of SP regen hurts far more than the gain from the slightly faster attacks

#18 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

I haven't had a chance to take him out hunting again so I haven't gotten that file for you yet but I did check & the file doesn't already exist so I can't delete it ;)

I have another issue & I don't know if I have to change something in the config files for it or what. From what I understand to get a full point to help reach loyal faster it is best to wait till he is under 25% but no less then 11% before you feed him & then you only feed him to 75% or above. My issue however is he doesn't notify me with the emoticons when he is hungry or full just while he eats his food.

Thanks again.

Edited by Razzez, 12 April 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#19 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

I haven't had a chance to take him out hunting again so I haven't gotten that file for you yet but I did check & the file doesn't already exist so I can't delete it ;)

I have another issue & I don't know if I have to change something in the config files for it or what. From what I understand to get a full point to help reach loyal faster it is best to wait till he is under 25% but no less then 11% before you feed him & then you only feed him to 75% or above. My issue however is he doesn't notify me with the emoticons when he is hungry or full just while he eats his food.

Thanks again.

Nothing related to feeding is handled by the AI - it's all controlled by the game client + server. Homun emotes can also not be controlled by the AI. Homuns emote only when told to use a skill that they can't (/...), when at 10 or lower hunger every 20 seconds (/sob), when you try to feed w/out food (/swt), when fed successfully at 1-75 hunger (/ho), and when fed at >76 hunger (which loses loyalty - /swt2). It will not, and cannot be made to emote at any other time, or using any other emote.

If you're AFKing with it, just leave the homun window open. If you're playing actively, feed it when you do long-lasting buffs (like the 30 minute endows/manuals/aspd pots/foods, or 15 minute HE's, etc).

Edited by DrAzzy, 12 April 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#20 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

So I guess that means this info is false:
Hunger drops to 25% /hmm

Edited by Razzez, 13 April 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#21 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

So I guess that means this info is false:
Hunger drops to 25% /hmm

Yeah, that's false. Is that written somewhere on the wiki? If so, tell me what page so I can remove it, or remove it yourself.

#22 BrunoFerreira

BrunoFerreira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

A friend of mine has this issue where his Vanilmirth will double or triple bolt everything in OD1, even when everything on his settings appears to be telling it to use Caprice only once. I can't really reproduce the issue because my homunculus one-shots everything there, but I'm pretty sure a critical issue like this one would have been noticed before... so it must be something on his settings, we just can't figure out what. Would you please take a look, Azzy?

http://dl.dropbox.co...UG/H_Config.lua
http://dl.dropbox.co...BUG/H_Extra.lua
http://dl.dropbox.co...G/H_Tactics.lua
http://dl.dropbox.co...BUG/TraceAI.txt

#23 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

Okay, i'm probably not using the right search words, but i'm having a hard time trying to get Mercenaries to ignore monsters. They just go and attack everything they see(unless its a plant).

I have the monster ID there correctly. i know i'm using the correct one because i just copied it from the Homunculus tab. and My homunculus listens to me.(i dont have them out at the same time)

If i set the default tactic to ignore, then they just ignore everything. So that seems to tell me that for whatever reason, the mercenary just isn't seeing that i programmed it to ignore certain monsters. But know my Homunculus ignores them.

#24 Laurynthia

Laurynthia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

Mercenaries cannot detect the type of monster, whilst homunculus can. The only way to do what you want is to use a homunculus to find out the ids of all of that type of monster on that map. i.e. If there are 80 Piranas on a map then you will need 80 lines of tactics for each individial monster.

The monster ids will usually change with every maintainence.

Autodetect plant is a special case where it is simply detecting a monster that doesn't move.

#25 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Yeah, that's false. Is that written somewhere on the wiki? If so, tell me what page so I can remove it, or remove it yourself.

Ya it was on Wiki. I removed it & the other one about a hunger drop at 75%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users