#1 HugPorings

HugPorings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationSantee CA

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

When i hit f12 insread of switching to tool bar #2 #3 and #4 it opens #2 #3 #4
What gives. Tool bar 2 3 and 4 are worthliss if you can not set your f keys to it on a fly using f12 or another key. than switch back.

#2 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

They aren't worthless, just used differently. You can customize your shortcuts to just about anything in the shortcut menu, including key combinations. e.g. You can assign flywings to alt-f1 in a spot on your second hotkey bar.

Apparently I can't use Alt-f4 for anything though. Heh.

#3 Biscuit

Biscuit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:35 PM

The skill hotkey bar is a bit wierd but I kinda understand what they are saying. He wants to change to his second hotkey bar, being able to use f1-f9 to use the second set of hotkeys instead of assigning new hotkeys to the skills in the second bar, but it cant be done.You CAN NOT use the f1-f9 keys for more than 1 set of hotkeys anymore. You have to assign keys to the hotkey bars through the "shortcut configuration" option when you hit your escape key. The skill bars are working as intended, he just doesnt understand the new system.

Edited by Biscuit, 13 September 2010 - 09:36 PM.

#4 HugPorings

HugPorings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationSantee CA

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:18 PM

hiting alt f key or control f key is not an option fore me,
my char is worthless if i can not switch on a fly.
hit f12 go to bar 2 hit the right f key.
hit f 12 3 times than bavk to bar one and use another skill
can all be don in 1/2 secound

hiting alt and f key or ecan control f kee. would requier
longer time

the alt is at the botem of the keyboard.
and requiers a cuple of hard finger pisuions that will not only be painfull but take longer.

#5 HugPorings

HugPorings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationSantee CA

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:22 PM

The skill hotkey bar is a bit wierd but I kinda understand what they are saying. He wants to change to his second hotkey bar, being able to use f1-f9 to use the second set of hotkeys instead of assigning new hotkeys to the skills in the second bar, but it cant be done.You CAN NOT use the f1-f9 keys for more than 1 set of hotkeys anymore. You have to assign keys to the hotkey bars through the "shortcut configuration" option when you hit your escape key. The skill bars are working as intended, he just doesnt understand the new system.

that would be called battel mode.

battel mode can be tuened on or off.
so why would they now foece people to use battel mode?
alot of people are going to get band fore botting when they can not anser a gm fast enuff.
because they did not hit enter before they where typing.
than have to typ everything allover agin. but the time they hit enter to reply they see the dc. and a gm saying whell guess your a bot your not saying anything.

#6 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:34 PM

Maybe the problem lies more in the ability to use one's keyboard. *cough*

As I said, other keyboard shortcuts are an option. They are customizable. You are not forced to use ctrl, alt, or whatever other key or key combination.

I doubt that many people would take so long to retype a response to a bot test that they would be banned.

#7 Hanyuu

Hanyuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:41 PM

Just because one doesn't know how to use the new interface doesn't necessarily mean it is a bug. I main a priest, and when renewal hits the main servers, an arch bishop. I use F1-F9 now with renewal(something I did not previously) as well as my usual keys: Q - O, A - L, and Z - .

The first few years I played this game I did not use battlemode, now today I think back and wonder how I played like that. Try learning the new interface first, and if you really can't figure out a new way to key things then you can whine about the interface.

#8 HugPorings

HugPorings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationSantee CA

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:18 PM

i am unable to use any keys beside the f keys evan if i had no truble with battel mode. its to sloow and i would easaly be hting the wrong keys constanly

#9 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:23 AM

Personally, I think being able to better control the hotkey settings will benefit -most- players greatly, especially with the addition of 3rd class skills to take up space.

The only thing that I would actually change about it would be a way to select various custom lua files from within the game for different situations. It would be nice to have different sets for different dungeons, etc. at my fingertips since the settings are in a handy file anyway.

Perhaps you should try binding the less-used skills and items to the "slower" key combinations if you are still having trouble adjusting, Hug.

#10 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:43 AM

bring back F12 bar switching!

or Non-BM users lose 2 Shortkey bars :(

i like being able to use many skills with just F1-F9, but with this update i lose 18 shortcuts.

Edited by Susan, 14 September 2010 - 01:56 AM.

#11 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:53 AM

I don't know, I always had trouble using BM back in non-renewal. With renewal, it's actually easier to use BM because instead of having to memorizing the other two hotkeys bar setup, you can see them on your screen.

Now only if they'd allow another key combination that turns chat mode on/off...

#12 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:48 AM

If you want to use the other rows without abandoning the F Keys, you can set up shortcut combinations. You could, for example set up row to to be Shift F1 ~ F9, row 3 to be Ctrl F1 ~ F9, etc. As an advantage to such a setup, you could force chat mode to stay open without any detriment to your hotkey usage.

#13 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:35 AM

I never really used battle mode due to it's awkward way of setting skills.
However I really enjoy the new system, using the old F-keys, and then I binded the second line to [numberpad 1~9] and it's been really effective, and is with Buffs and none-spam or fast-cast needed skills. For example with sniper I would put things like DS and ankle snare on F1~9, then improv.con and windwalk, aswell as equipment on the numberpad keys. For those used to old battlemode you could set skills to be exactly like that again, with an extra 9 on F1~F9 aswell.

The new system is win/win for everyone except those who cycle with F12 between skillbars which was
1) ineffective
2) slow
3) VERY easy to make mistakes if you was in a hurry (hitting F12 the wrong amount of times)

It's an improvement overall and allows much better customisation.

#14 HugPorings

HugPorings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationSantee CA

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:14 AM

The only way I can see the new system worth it is if I could use a foot petel combo with a f key
using number 1 throw 9 still will need batel mode and is painfull after awile.
I play other games that need 1-9 and after 30 minuts I need to quit do to pain.
and i make lots of mistakes. I evan put super glue on some number keys so I could tell by tuch if
I am hiting the right key and I still make mistakes at times.
with f 12 i could easaly asind f12 to the side butten on my mouse.
i cant get alt or control to work on the side butten .

this might work.
http://www.newegg.co... Numeric Keypad

would have to modafy it and atach it to a slipper.
so I can use a alt key combo. like alt f key.

Edited by HugPorings, 14 September 2010 - 01:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users