A Friendly Request - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

A Friendly Request

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

For those who use the turnin maps:

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOOK BEFORE YOU ATTACK

I apologize for not being able to kill my mob in one shot instead of two, but that does not mean I'm struggling and need you to Arrow Storm it.

Not sure when this mentality of "kill everything in the way" came about, I seem to remember much more peaceful turnins pre-renewal... But then again not everyone had giant AoE skills.

TL;DR: If a mob is on someone else, leave it the hell alone.

kthx

/endrant
/qqmore

#2 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

OMG i feel exactly the same way! it's like thanks, but NO THANKS!

#3 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

tell me bout it makes me want to slice off the neck and laugh at em for ksin me

#4 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

For those who use the turnin maps:

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOOK BEFORE YOU ATTACK

I apologize for not being able to kill my mob in one shot instead of two, but that does not mean I'm struggling and need you to Arrow Storm it.

Not sure when this mentality of "kill everything in the way" came about, I seem to remember much more peaceful turnins pre-renewal... But then again not everyone had giant AoE skills.

TL;DR: If a mob is on someone else, leave it the hell alone.

kthx

/endrant
/qqmore

Request DENIED.

It doesn't matter that you are on a different server even... every mob on that map is MINE :p_sleep: :e4:

/sarcasm_that_99.99%_won't_get

#5 Pleasant007

Pleasant007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationWarp Portal Forum

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

Sorry pal, we are too nice to stranger. :heh:

#6 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

Tell me who are they Ralis. Let me slap them hard :p_omg: (Happens a lot on me too -_-)

#7 Choxie

Choxie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Honestly, it gets out of hand sometimes. I'll simply be working on a mob, and then some ranger/warlock/some solo f winger class comes in, sees JUST THE MOB, destroys it, doesn't even acknowledge my presence, walks off fine and dandy...

Seriously, It's not hard to realize someones there, unless you're just yknow... one of them.

#8 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Tell me who are they Ralis. Let me slap them hard :p_omg: (Happens a lot on me too -_-)

I've reported the ones that really piss me off, so hopefully the GMs do the slapping. Once or twice, sure it's a mistake, but every single time adjga5qag

#9 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

rangers pity every non ranger and thus need to finish the job

Edited by Andini, 09 April 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#10 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

I swear i gonna make a video and see how people KS me while leveling <_<

#11 Sammier21

Sammier21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationSanta Monica
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

This happens to me all the time on my Sorcerer. =3= I've given up trying to saying anything to people.

If I don't notice someone attacking and accidently take their kill I atleast make the effort to appologize.

#12 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

i would toally agree, sometimes big parties just mow everything down :D unfortunately , form time to time I find that I didnt even see that one person soloing inside of a giant storm gust and chaos. but that means, other members of my party got up there before me and starting all the glittery chaos, so they HAD to have seen, right? idk. I feel bad for those gus :(

#13 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

There was that one time I was dualing with a cute AB [that you don't need to know the name haha], and rangers ksing me /ok

I got pissed at them and start asking the AB to pneuma the mobs we gathered. u.u

I'm totally start to use pneuma clip too when I solo/duo TI, because seriously, those rangers have no control. There was that one time the ranger SAW ME STARTING TO CAST THE SPELL, AND MY CAST CIRCLE. HE CASTED IN THE MIDDLE OF MY MOB. /sigh

If some ranger reports me for pneuma-ing my own mobs, the reporter must be banned too because he tried to ks and failed. Haha.

Edited by asayuu, 09 April 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#14 Zesty

Zesty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Couldn't they just pust some kind of 'restricitions' on their dmg on the TI maps? And when I say 'their' I mean Rangers. Because we all know it's Rangers causing all the trouble. The same noobs that CS'd everything as Knights pre balance are the same noobs AStorming everything now as Rangers. But seriuosly, just onTI maps since those are the maps people are suppose to 'work' together, not piss eachother off and make people ragequit the TI maps(Like I did :U)

I'm totally start to use pneuma clip too when I solo/duo TI, because seriously, those rangers have no control.

Oh snap, great idea...now I'm sad I sold mine. Time to get another one.

Edited by Zesty, 09 April 2012 - 03:13 PM.

#15 Roman

Roman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

I have this problem any time I play a char other than my ranger, and that is only because he kills before others have the chance =\

Like Ralis said, it is due to all the One Shot Kill Mobbing skills that came with renewal.

Personally I say we cut all damage down to doing maximum of 9999 and AoE's effect at max 5 targets. But people call me a communist when I suggest such extremes.

Roman

#16 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

I think ppl really just need to be more considerate. Its not a game mechanic problem , its a people problem :) .

#17 Zesty

Zesty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

I think ppl really just need to be more considerate. Its not a game mechanic problem , its a people problem :) .

Indeed, but it's easier to tweak the game then to trust in people to do the right thing nowadays. D:

#18 PudinPuddy

PudinPuddy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • Locationjumping out a window
  • Server:Odin + Chaos

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

I did it by a mistake a couple of times with my Ranger and apologized to the group (or person) I did it to, because I hate when people do it to me. :s

#19 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

I appreciate that a lot. =P No biggie if people apologize for it and it doesn't happen every five seconds. Nogg is just a nightmare because it's such a small map.

#20 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

Rangers are the reason why I plan to level with an antiarrow clip on. Long Range KSing is so common that I seriously think that there should be an easy quest to get an antiarrow clip. it is a necessity to wear one now.

#21 Shisho

Shisho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

Logged in just to reply to this topic! =P
This issue really needs to be looked at, I think the problem is people don't understand the concept of "KS" any more. I complained about this to friends and I was very surprised to get a response from a friend who has been playing way longer than me, that mobs in turn in maps are considered "FFA" now. Which we all know isn't true, but seems to be the mentality of 90% of the people doing TIs.
I have yet to meet a ranger that doesn't KS while I was at the turn in MD on my somewhat slow VIT sorcerer(Maybe I was just unlucky, I don't know.). I remember there's even one ranger that walked past me and my mob, I watched her go off screen, and then she turned right around and ASed my mob anyway.
The posts about anti-arrow clips is really a great idea! I'll go dig out some Errende cards and slap them on some clips as soon as I can.

#22 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Yeah it's true. When you see a lone Genetic/RK/RG/ or any class for that matter, ya don't need to immediately think they needs help.

It gets reaaaally annoying in the popular TIs. I didn't know what was worse, the Rangers attacking my mobs that were on me, or the really bad people following the killers who greed up my loot while I'm still killing half my mob.

seriously, I can handle a mob, I have the damn shield. Stop it.

#23 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

The jokes on the rangers lol. When they get to 150/50 fast and find out that pvm is all that they are good at. :e4:

#24 pinkhoney

pinkhoney

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Chaos / Odin

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

I was in a small party with a couple of my friends, camped in a pretty good spot for a while. The same party continously either walked right into our group and ksed us, or winged on top of us to ks us. They usually stuck around for quite a while, despite us asking them to stop every time. :/ The only person in the party who apologized and asked their party to stop/wing away from us was the ranger. It kind of eased our irritation at the irony of it. XD

I've actually been ksed more often by wizards/warlocks (at least at the nogg ti). There was even a lone wizard that stood in the middle of our party and repeatedly cast storm gust before someone noticed him and called him out on it. He wasn't even a straggler from a different party (which also happens a lot...) :|

#25 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

If someone makes the mistake of ksing me and killing my mob, i kiss them too with my god items and gears no one can outkill me. Or i just mob train and overwhealm these lowly geared nuubs until it kills their key classes and destroy their party setup and slow them down. That will teach them a lesson not to mess with strangers. /gg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users