163 replies to this topic

#51 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

Too true, better to just 1-hit-kill them than waste time debuffing.

#52 Prashanti

Prashanti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

Its terrible to see how so called mages debuff for fun, it hurts to see this class going down the drain.
For now only one solution....get totally rid of any debuff skill.
Make me proud to be a mage.

#53 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia
  • Server:Best Artisan in the world

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

I'm going to be completely honest.. I'm going to make five debuff mages and just use Fierce Cudgeling on one person. 100% full debuff. Good game.

#54 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

Hmmmm mabe if we all just trolled full mspeeed debuff mages they would be forced to fix them finally....thats actually a good idea sven LOL

#55 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Hmmmm mabe if we all just trolled full mspeeed debuff mages they would be forced to fix them finally....thats actually a good idea sven LOL

Isnt that what everyone has been doing already? Lol..

#56 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Not really, there really were people thinking debuff is a fair skill.

#57 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

Lol.. as far as I know most of the mages who run around in mspeed already.. are just trolling. Watching it happen in tg as I type this.. :o It was potentially a fair skill.. I think people were just abusing it-- For a legit mage it makes sense as far as something to help them survive(unless they get passives instead), just people are using it for malicious activities..

#58 irlalalo

irlalalo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

maybe only when we troll full mspd mages so much that the game become unplayable will they finally wake up to reality. :)

#59 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

A legit mage wins without debuff.. That's legit... and pretty hard.

#60 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

This is just a temporary fix proposed like 1 year ago, the real skill balancing is still yet to come, I hope they take the skill balancing seriously this time, it is never balanced, I don't mind if they delay it for the friend list fix, but don't rush the balancing, and to Leonis: don't try too hard on new mechanics system, but rather fix the existing major problem that only requires minimal effort.

Correct! This is a fix to the issue of how the skill's effect is being abused and well ahead of its time. But seeing how abusive the ability was to clear ALL buffs from a target in a single blow, was entirely over powred. The effect of being able to negate a target's beneficial magic is still a mechanic we wish to have as part of game play. However, it is a very minor part in a series of mechanics that are being worked towards with the intention and purpose of rebalancing the classes and skills.

The skill balancing has been given a great amount of time and research to see what many have suggested, like and enjoy as a whole. Various opinions have been considered between several suggestions from the community as well as what has been agreed or accepted as a posative change. Unfortunately, there is also an underlying cause in mechanics that we are taking time to address.

As said before, the goal of the class and skill balances is to keep it familiar, but also let each class be powerful by their own design. We also want to increase the diversity of class builds to step further away from the 'cookie cutter' builds we generally tend to see.

With the priority of the server stability from the friends list and log in process, we are faced with the unfortunate reality that the skill and class balancing becomes delayed, as have certain aspects of testing on Pegasus, though much of the testing is quickly coming to an end.

We certainly aren't rushing the idea of balancing. Right now, there is a need for new mechanics to further establish a diversity between classes. Existing problems are due to some limitations the new mechanics are being designed to allow us to make more flexible and unique a game play experiences to the players.

The majority of the skills currently in place will be preserved to keep it very familiar, but in order to help facilitate new builds, more skills are going to be added.

At current pace, it is hopeful to be able to see these changes begin testing by or in the summer season. I'm sure we'll keep everyone informed as much as possible as time goes on. If you've had the opportunity to catch me on Pegasus during the initial stages of testing the PVP and PVM equipment features, you will know some of the concepts of changes to expect and I was happy to see the positive responses.

Leonis

#61 Prashanti

Prashanti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

Nice words Leo but now this is going out of control,
The fierce gudgeling and anti magic skill is still abused which is very annoying.
I suggest you remove this "debuff" entirely..... i feel ashamed to play my mage.

#62 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

Your intentions are really good and you try to help, but debuff is just no good for this game.. no matter how it works.

The game is way too dependant on buffs to allow such a skill to exist.

#63 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

I'm about to make an army of debuff mages at this rate...

#64 Cutiieee

Cutiieee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

I'm about to make an army of debuff mages at this rate...

make me one too :)

#65 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

If i wasn't oh so lazy i would have had zulies to do that.

#66 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

make me one too :)

Will do, Cutiee :D.

B> 6 Sets of Precious Orlean Gear

Edited by Dusk1PS, 11 April 2012 - 12:04 PM.

#67 Howie

Howie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

Calanor, you guys should let me do the class balancing.

This should be set into motion immediately before any other action is taken.

#68 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

To be fair, this game has had more progress the past 6 months than the past 5 years.

#69 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

And people will stop complaining only when progress is perfected.

#70 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

And people who complain about complainers will stop only when complainers stop complainning.

#71 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

Just stating a fact.

#72 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

The mages are underpowered and have been for at least a year or more now. They used to be good in UW and great farmers. Mages have taken a lot of hits over the years. The only reason to play a mage for the last year was for the debuff skills. They are not great for attacks in UW, their AOEs are not so good, most of the really good mages quit playing them. Unfortunately, some bored idiots play mages now just to debuff. They know it pisses people off. There is no other reason to play a mage, even when they debuff someone, they can't kill the debuffed person usually. They are winning at their goal, to make people rage.

Over the last year a lot of people have given some good suggestions about how to improve mages and things to do with the debuff skill. Having the skills take 1 or 2 buffs away was mentioned a lot of times. I still think it is not a bad idea. And since it is only 1 or 2 buffs having it work 100% is not bad either. The problem right now is that the mages in game are mad that the skill was changed and will make a point out of using the revamped debuff as much as they can....again accomplishing their goal of pissing people off. Let it go for a few weeks before you all scream and yell. The people playing mages will get bored with it and go back to playing their OP raiders or champs soon enough.

I am assuming (hoping) that there will be other changes that might not make sense right off, but if they are to better the game and make preparations for the real class balancing I am all for it. As long as it doesn't take a year and we are talking a few weeks, months.

Mostly I am happy to still see they are updating things, making changes, adding content....or at least promising to and seem to be. I am also happy that they are finally updating the community and telling us what is going on, what is coming next, etc. And they even ask for our input (whether they take it or not). So different then a few years ago if you think about it.

#73 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Good idea, I am going to create a mag too, hopefully can max out all the stuns and de-buff skills!

#74 mugo

mugo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

GM pooped on mages! Ha! Next patch should reduce champ acc 90%.

#75 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

GM pooped on mages! Ha! Next patch should reduce champ acc 90%.

And reduce Raider's attack speed by 98.72%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users