safe to 7 certificates - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

safe to 7 certificates

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

Hi, i'm wondering how do I get the safe to +7 weapon certificate? I know I can buy it off other players but is there another way? The description in iro wiki says it's a kafra item but I can't seem to find it in the kafra shop?

Also the hd orideon, that only protect weapons which are wanting to be refined to+7 to +9? So it doesn't protect the weapon going from +5 to +6 or from +6 to +7?

Is that correct?

Thanks!

#2 nein

nein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

$$$

#3 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

You can obtain upgrade certificates by trading in certain MVP gears at paradise group. Aditionally, you can also gain certain upgrade certs by feeding the mimic called 'eat gear' at paradise group too: mimic will only eat +7 or higher upgraded non npc gear and has a chance to 'fail'. On fail, mimic gives a low reward, on success, mimic gives a greater reward.

For example:

You upgrade a gladius[3] to +7, then feed mimic npc with the gladius. On success, mimic gives you 1 upgrade weapon cert, and it fails, mimic gives you 10 oridecon instead.

#4 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

Mimic isn't on at the moment... Yet.

But it's the best way to get the certificates. The armor ones are pretty stressing to get now though, as weapons can be gotten with level 3 ones.

Edited by asayuu, 11 April 2012 - 07:30 AM.

#5 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

Also the hd orideon, that only protect weapons which are wanting to be refined to+7 to +9? So it doesn't protect the weapon going from +5 to +6 or from +6 to +7?

Correct, you cannot use HD before an item is +7.
I don't recommend using HD ores at all, they are not worth it

#6 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

You can obtain upgrade certificates by trading in certain MVP gears at paradise group. Aditionally, you can also gain certain upgrade certs by feeding the mimic called 'eat gear' at paradise group too: mimic will only eat +7 or higher upgraded non npc gear and has a chance to 'fail'. On fail, mimic gives a low reward, on success, mimic gives a greater reward.

For example:

You upgrade a gladius[3] to +7, then feed mimic npc with the gladius. On success, mimic gives you 1 upgrade weapon cert, and it fails, mimic gives you 10 oridecon instead.

Can I feed the the mimic cheap +7 weapon and gear sms gear? Guess gladius is fairly cheap yeah?

#7 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Can I feed the the mimic cheap +7 weapon and gear sms gear? Guess gladius is fairly cheap yeah?

Yus, but since mimic now doesn't accept npc gear, the average price of making a weapon cert must be around 4million or more (with ori and a mastersmith).

Is not as bad as the average price for making an armor cert: armor certs cost around 40million or more to produce via mimic.

Edited by Kadnya, 11 April 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#8 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Yus, but since mimic now doesn't accept npc gear, the average price of making a weapon cert must be around 4million or more (with ori and a mastersmith).

Is not as bad as the average price for making an armor cert: armor certs cost around 40million or more to produce via mimic.

Sorry, what I meant by cheap weapon, I mean level one Weapon dropped by monsters cause their safety limit of +7 and they are relatively cheap to upgrade. Or must use a level 4 weapon? And does weapon give weapon certificate and armor give armor certificate? And is the reward random? What other prizes do we get given the mimic is successful?

Edited by harlokjai, 11 April 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#9 Rosenthrall

Rosenthrall

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

I think the mimic will only take level 3 and 4 weapons.

#10 ValheruWolf

ValheruWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

I think the mimic will only take level 3 and 4 weapons.

Correct only level 3 and 4 weapons, was not paying attention and bought 2 +8 chains 3 slotted... which while monster only are a weapon level of 2 and was too low... oops. Luckily over time i've managed to sell them all off on merchy so broke even.

#11 Rosenthrall

Rosenthrall

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

I remember coming up with this big plan to mob up desert wolves for their stilettos before I realised that the mimic didn't take level 2 weapons. Good thing you managed to sell those chains. xD

#12 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Another Queston, when the weapon description says that the weapon is not damageable, does that mean it won't even be damaged if I try to upgrade it past it's safely level?

For example: warlock's magic staff

Thanks again

#13 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

Another Queston, when the weapon description says that the weapon is not damageable, does that mean it won't even be damaged if I try to upgrade it past it's safely level?

For example: warlock's magic staff

Thanks again

It's only not damageable in BATTLE. It still can break in upgrade attempt.

#14 ValheruWolf

ValheruWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

Nope. all weapons can be destroyed during refine or not able to be refined. The not damageable is more some skills break weapons which you can get repaired. The difference is between merely breaking the weapon (in combat/though use) and it utterly being destroyed(refining).

Edited by ValheruWolf, 11 April 2012 - 06:37 PM.

#15 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

So...I read that a master Smith when they're job level 70 and with their upgrade weapon skill maxed it increases the chance of success by 10% over the npc. But can a masterSmith use HD items to ensure the equipment doesn't get damaged? ? Or those safe to + something certificates?

Edited by harlokjai, 11 April 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#16 LexarV

LexarV

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

This is only semi-related and I know this isn't the place for this, but I *truly* *need* to blow off some steam or I won't feel right.

I've been enjoying returning to Ragnarok Online and finally decided to VIP :D
And to have a little extra fun I put 20$ into WP for Karfa... 15% bonus points hurrah!

I decided I wanted to try that Yggdrasil Crown and I'd seen items in the +7s, +9s.
I had seen Mighty Hammer a hundred times. Success! Success! Success!

So I bought the Crown... and then read that my best option was Payon's smith with Enhanced Elunium.
Getting it to +4 was no problem! Then +5 came around and it warned me... Success!
Okay, close now~ I have to get it to +7 before apparently Mighty Hammer will be able to use HD Elunium.
Fail. You lose the crown! 5$ lost...
.... ;_;

Okay, I'm hurting, but I really want it... other people can do it, so why can't I?
Same thing again... FAIL

........ ugh....
For some reason I really, really wanted this. So this time at LAST, fiNALLY I got +7. Thank goodness.
Now, Mighty Hammer... do your magic :D It can't break anymore!

.. ? Fail? -1? Down to... +6? .............. Meaning he can't work with it...? And it can break again?......
... Okay, I bought another Enhanced Elunium and... whew back to +7.
Mighty Hammer... do your magic..... Fail....
.... +6... one more time..... +7 .....
OKAY COME ON DO THIS, this game cannot be this cruel, I should be able to at least get ONE success on so called "Mighty Hammer"
FAIL
FAIL
FAIL

Okay... And... yes.... +6 .... FAIL LOSE Crown.

........................................................................ I'm profanely hurting now.

But, like a possessed person I didn't want to come this far, and have absolutely nothing to show... If I have to stick with +7.. fine.
Fail. +6 break
Fail. +5 break

20$ GONE... Blame me for being ignorant... but ...

Well, I will never do something like this again. Maybe everyone here is the wiser; but to waste precious money in such a manner; .. I won't be spending another dime on this game. It's still a lot of fun, but this was an absurd lesson to learn.

Apparently I see I SHOULD have gotten these "safe" certificates, ; then at least I would have something to show for my stupidity ;_; *feels sick*

#17 darkagentx

darkagentx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:09 AM

.. ? Fail? -1? Down to... +6? .............. Meaning he can't work with it...? And it can break again?......
... Okay, I bought another Enhanced Elunium and... whew back to +7.

It's been a while since I tried it so I don't know if it's changed again, but the last time I did it... you could keep going with HD after starting even after failing. You just can't start on <+7... though naturally if you run out of HD you have to stop.

#18 LexarV

LexarV

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

It's been a while since I tried it so I don't know if it's changed again, but the last time I did it... you could keep going with HD after starting even after failing. You just can't start on <+7... though naturally if you run out of HD you have to stop.

If... If I would have known that...
I would be feeling really different about now :(

Thanks for the info regardless. :)

Edited by LexarV, 12 April 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#19 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

Oh and also, Enriched Hammers comes in every ~ 2 weeks. He does the same thing as Mighty hammer +7 to +9 but uses enriched ores/rates.

To get an item to +9 with mighty hammer, it'll cost ~500 HD ores.
With Enriched Hammer it's like 30 ores average

#20 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

So...I read that a master Smith when they're job level 70 and with their upgrade weapon skill maxed it increases the chance of success by 10% over the npc. But can a masterSmith use HD items to ensure the equipment doesn't get damaged? ? Or those safe to + something certificates?

Anyone know the answer to the above?

#21 majorBoobage

majorBoobage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

Hi, i'm wondering how do I get the safe to +7 weapon certificate? I know I can buy it off other players but is there another way? The description in iro wiki says it's a kafra item but I can't seem to find it in the kafra shop?

Is that correct?

Thanks!

Buy them or check this out:
http://wiki.ragmar.c...-7-Certificates

Anyone know the answer to the above?

No, Mastersmith cannot use HD ores. You always risk losing your item as a Mastersmith.

#22 onslaught8800hp

onslaught8800hp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro- Brasil

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hello people.. I'm new on Iro (came from another server..)

I rode all things above, and I have just one question:
What is this 'paradise group' you said??

^^

#23 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Hello people.. I'm new on Iro (came from another server..)

I rode all things above, and I have just one question:
What is this 'paradise group' you said??

^^

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Eden_Group

#24 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

it should be 3 upgrades past safe to get a cert..

for level 3 weapons thats already the case 5->8
but for armor or level 4 weapons.. thats 4 upgrades past safe...

#25 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

HOLY NECRO THREAD BATMAN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users