For all those turnin freaks! (And the turnin haters too!) - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

For all those turnin freaks! (And the turnin haters too!)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

People want to get levels while outside turnin range?
People want other people to learn how to play?
People don't want to have mindless grind like pre-renewal or pre-turnins?

The solution is...

Permanent Biolabs 3 Quests!

hahaha I know I am somewhat joking, but yeah. As people say there is "nothing" to do to level outside the turnin range, and it means "waste of VIP time", having a turnin like bio3 would give this "kind" of people something to do.

The expected range in my opinion should be 99~150, for three reasons:

1- Grinding 1~99 (trans or not) is not that sick as the other ranges.
2- not 100~150 to allow people to bring linkers to the map.
3- "Even Share" in biolabs 3 is a waste. As we can say, "player quality is too low to actually get exp on the map"

And now throwing the discussion for you people /rice

#2 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

agreed on the player quality and i'm up for labs

#3 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

New Eden quest ideas:
100-110: Magma 2
111-120: Juperos Ruins
121-130: Rachel Sanc or Abyss Lake
131-140: Scaraba 1 or 2
141-150: Bio3

:questionmark:

#4 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

New Eden quest ideas:

Lol at Jupe. That's not gonna happen for a while :c

#5 amicable

amicable

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

2- not 100~150 to allow people to bring linkers to the map.

:rice:

#6 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

hehe nice !

#7 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

People want to get levels while outside turnin range?
People want other people to learn how to play?
People don't want to have mindless grind like pre-renewal or pre-turnins?

The solution is...

Permanent Biolabs 3 Quests!

That and give me bio4 already. I need something to do in this game other than WoE!!!

#8 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

I was considering this the other day too. A permenant non-level restricted bio3 quest would be awesome, could do some fun parties there. :]

I was also thinking that maybe make an NPC in each castle, turn in based, for their applicable guild dungeon. A nice bonus for people to actually use their GD, but since woe 1.0 GDs are significantly lower leveled than 2.0, make the exp reward based on your level.

I'm also still in favor of my homunculus turn-in idea. A map with alternating weekly difficulty, open to only alchemists. The monsters on the map will give no exp and drops. The only thing you get for killing the allotted amount of monsters, is homunculus exp and intimacy. I doubt trying to code in homunculus levels would be possible, so people'd just have to decide for themselves if their pets can or cannot kill on the map. Would be a daily quest, non-resettable.

Doubt they'd ever see the light of day but good ideas none-the-less.

#9 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

Everyone (well, actually just a select few) keep talking about having a permanent bio3 quest. Sounds hardcore and all, but if you step into the GM's shoes and pretty much the majority of RO player's shoes, it's a pretty bad idea.

What might actually be a good idea is to start "popularizing" maps for parties to grind on together. Like nogg, but for level ranges higher than 105. Everyone either wants to solo or do the turn ins, but why not PARTY?!

Not many maps are really mobby enough I guess, but then a 3-6 person party should still get pretty decent exp. One or two of healers, killers, tanks/mobbers and the exp should be quite good.

People did organize "solo-er's even share scarab parties" during double exp events, but maybe the solo aspect of it makes it not such a popular idea when it's not double exp. Even nogg isn't as popular as it used to be, but at least it's still possible to organize one.

If I wasn't so busy this week and had more motivation I might actually try to organize a 6 person informal scarab grind party, mainly targeting the 141-150 people. Nogg but for the high level people!

#10 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

How about make every character 150/1 so everyone feels special LMAO XD! Love ya all!

#11 BlueMizuki

BlueMizuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
  • Server:Loki>Ymir >Renewal

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

New Eden quest ideas:

^ This!

This seems like a nice idea. :p_hi:

#12 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:45 AM

Too bad we wont get any of this because iRO can't do anything without kRO approval or some stupid beuracratic stuff like that >.> Would be awesome if we could be independent of them

#13 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:24 AM

O: people liked it :rice:

Most people will keep up complaining bio3 is too hard, but for the ones who don't think so, they will have something to do.

The quest being permanent will make people not rush for the quest like if bio3 had a deadline of one week. Few people can make ONE turnin in the week Unless they are AB or Sorcerer, even more two.

Everyone (well, actually just a select few) keep talking about having a permanent bio3 quest. Sounds hardcore and all, but if you step into the GM's shoes and pretty much the majority of RO player's shoes, it's a pretty bad idea.

O: a bunch of lazy people who only pays mindlessly and complains about everything? In this case, yeah.

#14 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

bio labs give adequate exp to level up fast
dont you think asking for a bio lab3 turning is overrated!!??

#15 Cylon

Cylon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

How about adding a quest to the majority of the dungeons where you not only have to finish a killcount on each floor, but to progress to the next floor, one must turn in common loot found in that dungeon and on that current floor to probably 4 points on that map. The quest can be completed with an appropriate reward after completing all floors.

#16 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

O: people liked it :rice:

Most people will keep up complaining bio3 is too hard, but for the ones who don't think so, they will have something to do.

The quest being permanent will make people not rush for the quest like if bio3 had a deadline of one week. Few people can make ONE turnin in the week Unless they are AB or Sorcerer, even more two.

O: a bunch of lazy people who only pays mindlessly and complains about everything? In this case, yeah.

Yeah, that is one factor. Bio 3 is pretty fun and definitely not impossible. I'd definitely look forward to having one week of bio 3, or two weeks as suggested. Some davanced notice might be nice, to let us try to grind to something close to 0% base / 0% job. I've told my friends that they haven't played RO until they've done a Bio 3 turn in.

What really turns me off about having a permanent quest is I'm not VIP, and even if they give all the monsters at once, I would get 2.6 lvls and 1.3 job lvls or something, ending up at 60% base and 30% job. Then I'd lose it all during the next bio 3 grind, so doing it all only gives 2 lvls and 1 job lvl essentially. Even VIPs who can put it all into job and base probably don't like losing so much of what they gained.

Running the quest in tandem with regular turn ins might be an idea, but we really don't have enough players to R> for both at once. Having a balanced party is really important for bio3 too.

Having eden quests spread out across the level ranges as Akami mentioned might be more of a real feasible idea. No point adding only one permanent quest and only for lvls 135-150 really. Maybe a 200 count or less, and smaller reward, so that people will still focus on the regular turn ins. Bio 3 in particular is only really worth doing if you BMx3 and the reward is big though, meaning a bigger count.

All bio 3 monster drops will lose value and the market will be overflooded with them, if this was the only "permanent" quest.

Edited by kasshin, 13 April 2012 - 06:41 AM.

#17 Guigui

Guigui

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:42 AM

U guys are getting lazy with your turn ins. They should remove ALL turn ins.
NOW WHAT U GONA DO?! grind moar

#18 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

bio labs give adequate exp to level up fast
dont you think asking for a bio lab3 turning is overrated!!??

"Fast" but challenging, not like the actual crap like the turnins nowadays. An average bio3 turnin takes 10 hours to finish the six killcounts.

Autofollowing a ranger won't work on this one, because the things have 180k hp in average. And the exp from grind is terrible because people never stop dying. If you want exp from grind, do Scarab, period. While labs is not "fixed" to give 100k exp per monster, the only way to actually EARN exp on that map is with a turnin.

Even as a joke, maybe only bio3 deserved a turnin event, all the others are too easy to give that much exp.

I like how most of the people against a bio3 turnin seem to never had made a bio3 turnin before, or even WENT to the bio3 map.

Yeah, that is one factor. Bio 3 is pretty fun and definitely not impossible. I'd definitely look forward to having one week of bio 3, or two weeks as suggested. Some davanced notice might be nice, to let us try to grind to something close to 0% base / 0% job. I've told my friends that they haven't played RO until they've done a Bio 3 turn in.

What really turns me off about having a permanent quest is I'm not VIP, and even if they give all the monsters at once, I would get 2.6 lvls and 1.3 job lvls or something, ending up at 60% base and 30% job. Then I'd lose it all during the next bio 3 grind, so doing it all only gives 2 lvls and 1 job lvl essentially. Even VIPs who can put it all into job and base probably don't like losing so much of what they gained.

Running the quest in tandem with regular turn ins might be an idea, but we really don't have enough players to R> for both at once. Having a balanced party is really important for bio3 too.

Having eden quests spread out across the level ranges as Akami mentioned might be more of a real feasible idea. No point adding only one permanent quest and only for lvls 135-150 really. Maybe a 200 count or less, and smaller reward, so that people will still focus on the regular turn ins. Bio 3 in particular is only really worth doing if you BMx3 and the reward is big though, meaning a bigger count.

All bio 3 monster drops will lose value and the market will be overflooded with them, if this was the only "permanent" quest.

Sorry, this edit took years to come.

Reasonable post, unlike those ones "omg it gives too much exp"

First: On my post is stated 99~150. It may be a easy exp for the people before the 135, but they "deserved" it.
Second: Which loot in Bio3 is good? If we were talking about bio4, would be another story. [Edit of the edit: The loot is not that good, as the best things are the Falken Blitz, which requires +10 to have effect with the feather hat, and the Lacryma Stick, which also needs +10 for maximum effect, but the "skill" buffed by it is outclassed (Storm Gust). Besides the cards and the MVP things of course.]
Third: People on the 140~150 complain they "can't" level without a turnin. May have enough people around. This adding with the other levels out-range, because even-share exp is pointless in that map.

Edited by asayuu, 13 April 2012 - 07:23 AM.

#19 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

U guys are getting lazy with your turn ins. They should remove ALL turn ins.
NOW WHAT U GONA DO?! grind moar

Read quote from Heim:

My job (in fact my livlihood) depends on me making RO bigger than it seems possible. It certainly isn't the newest game out there, there are many features that other games have in spades that are a regular thing that RO systems struggle to duplicate (quests come to mind as well as deep AI). I am 100% certain that if iRO didn't go its own way the playerbase would be half or less what it is, and the game health would be in a dire situation. I won't BS and say RO is doing awesome, but it is doing much better now than this time last year, and the plans we have will certainly stir things up this year. Every game has bugs, we as a publishers struggle with an overseas dev team that has about 25 priorities that include us somewhere in there, it takes a long time for things to get fixed, and even longer for new ideas to filter through and happen. That is just life as a publisher. We do active quests that have the goal of expediting and focusing your playtime in a way that should be quicker, funner and maybe even generate revenue, that is gramps, which is just a jumping off point from the old TI quests we had back in the day. Getting rid of him makes 0 sense, but I do see some players calling for that. (why? explain how he HURTS YOUR GAMEPLAY) but I know, because I have data, that he did exactly what he was supposed to do for gameplay, perhaps it is a little stale after you have personalyl done the 200th TI with him, but for another player it is a new feature that they are excited to use.

I can't talk to much about our 2012 update schedule from kRO, nor can I talk about the iRO special things we are pushing. I absolutely think that at least 1 of the iRO things we want to do will absolutely infuriate some players, but it is a change that has a long term benefit 2+ years down the road but will be bumpy in the short 6 month time frame. It will do wonders for competition levels and feelings of fulfillment in a sustainable manner. But I am fully aware that I will likely have to not read the feedback, and look out for late night shivings from some players. one thing to keep in mind though, I do this to stay alive, you have to think that I want it to thrive more than anything and everything I do is to not only lengthen the longevity but actually make it have more players. Certain long time ago game updates sort of painted RO into a corner, and due to some unplanned, in the game design, player behaviors there are some hard decisions that need to be made to restore balance to the force in iRO.

Most people who are actively playing already have a level 150 character or a couple. Removing the turn ins will just prevent everyone who didn't make a sura as their first character from not being able to finish their 150 sura alt or slow them down. All the "back in the day we had no turn in" posts are getting pretty stale and pointless. The game is changing; many of us who paid 100M+ for our variants on valk and look, they're 30M average now. Nobody wants to hear about how you played on prerenewal or how it was like 10 years ago. Making the game worse or harder for new players won't do you any good; we'd just have fewer and fewer people to play with. People who want to get rid of the turn ins are the ones who already have 150's and all they do is WoE and nothing else.

#20 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

First: On my post is stated 99~150. It may be a easy exp for the people before the 135, but they "deserved" it.
Second: Which loot in Bio3 is good? If we were talking about bio4, would be another story. [Edit of the edit: The loot is not that good, as the best things are the Falken Blitz, which requires +10 to have effect with the feather hat, and the Lacryma Stick, which also needs +10 for maximum effect, but the "skill" buffed by it is outclassed (Storm Gust). Besides the cards and the MVP things of course.]
Third: People on the 140~150 complain they "can't" level without a turnin. May have enough people around. This adding with the other levels out-range, because even-share exp is pointless in that map.

The GMs wouldn't want to implement a bio3 quest for players out of lvling range... GMs telling new players that are 100-120 to go into bio3 would kind of be messing with them and telling them to suicide. (Welcome to RO for 3rd classes!!! ./gg)

Not saying the loot is good, but overflooding the market with any single thing can't be good. I got 50+ green petite eggs in storage.

Making a scarabs party might be more feasible. Lots of lazy characters don't even have new world quests done and won't be able to get to new dicastes... ugh. If I wasn't so busy I might actually have tried to organize a small 4-6 person party.

Anway Aiinsha if you got a 135-150 char Riny might dual client her AB + sorc for scarabs... ./gg

#21 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Read quote from Heim:

Most people who are actively playing already have a level 150 character or a couple. Removing the turn ins will just prevent everyone who didn't make a sura as their first character from not being able to finish their 150 sura alt or slow them down. All the "back in the day we had no turn in" posts are getting pretty stale and pointless. The game is changing; many of us who paid 100M+ for our variants on valk and look, they're 30M average now. Nobody wants to hear about how you played on prerenewal or how it was like 10 years ago. Making the game worse or harder for new players won't do you any good; we'd just have fewer and fewer people to play with. People who want to get rid of the turn ins are the ones who already have 150's and all they do is WoE and nothing else.

I think I'm in love. :p_love:

#22 mikumikurini

mikumikurini

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationTokyo,Japan
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:14 AM

brilliant idea :D

#23 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

I'm sure there will be many party goers giving their excess exp to the blood slicked floor of Bio 4 when it is opened.

We did in fact have an event planned out last year prior to bio4 being made public on kRO. Something along the lines of a dungeon with a quest that required you to "clear it" meaning the monsters didn't respawn, and when it is cleared having to clear the 99s then all the MVPs to finish the quest, and having a time frame to do it within. We thought it would be more entertaining and true to the designed challenge than the old method of move all the monsters away and only kill 1 of them and then get the respawn and repeat it for x hours until bored.

#24 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • Server:bot infested

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

stalking heim.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users