Top pvpers of each class? - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Top pvpers of each class?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#26 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:decard

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

I really hate naked pvp. People die too fast and certain classes have an even bigger advantage than they normally would.
It's not hard to tell how well someone plays regardless of what they have on. To me, it's even easier to see the skill level of someone because the matches are longer and they can't count on killing you in three skills. I don't even want to hear about sniping either. In group pvp, anything can happen. But if you're playing 1v1 and you're getting sniped all the time it's your own damn fault. Sure it hurts but it's not exactly easy to hit with.

#27 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

Tournament of Dragons doesn't count!

I would agree that not all the players Sam named are ones who I personally have the very highest level of respect for or feel are the best skill wise, but I don't have anything to gain or prove by belittling or mocking those players for their performance in some fairly dead aspect of the game either. ;]

Disagree, but be respectful of other's OPINIONS, please. We haven't established any sort of objective method for determining who is the very best or even what our criteria is.

I really hate naked pvp. People die too fast and certain classes have an even bigger advantage than they normally would.
It's not hard to tell how well someone plays regardless of what they have on. To me, it's even easier to see the skill level of someone because the matches are longer and they can't count on killing you in three skills. I don't even want to hear about sniping either. In group pvp, anything can happen. But if you're playing 1v1 and you're getting sniped all the time it's your own damn fault. Sure it hurts but it's not exactly easy to hit with.

Myrms are much better in naked, imo. Anyway, naked or geared doesn't matter very much to me. What matters is balance. Imo, naked is better than geared, but if naked is unfair for some classes and we wanted more balance, we could create standard sets of nonenchanted gear or standard enchanted gear sets (put a cap on the enchant level) that players are required to use to play normally. If as a community, we decided we wanted to make a serious effort revive pvp, it would probably also be a good idea to also post an agreed upon version of the pvp rules that we use along with anything else that newcomers should be aware of and have the thread stickied. I have no idea why we do not have this already. I bet it would cut down on the level of general complaining, which is one of my least favorite things about pvp in this game.

On topic, does anybody have any idea who the best players are in the other versions of Dragon Saga? I'd be interested to see how our top players would stack up against theirs. Have a bad feeling about how we would fair when I think about the size of our community and the state of the current pvp scene, but I'd love to know which players are the very best of the best.

Perhaps it would be good or at least interesting to standardize our rules with those of the other versions? Don't really know anything at all about those versions...

Edited by Maronu, 15 April 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#28 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

Last i checked other versions were still you can AAS spam/Infinite lock without being called a noob,

#29 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

Yes. Both warrior classes easily since they can kill you in a combo (or half of one). Ninja is the worst imo though. Lethal strike made it way too much to handle.

And yeah. Storm is right.

#30 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

Pally- Odyssea, xandiel, BloodRuby, Funky, xShaBoomx, Mategi
Overlord- JigglyBuff, Miya, Ikawa, FireONight, Drugaddict
Invoker- MysticYuYu, Rim, lawrencfly, Laling, Alisonc
Sorc- Yartrebo, Akyrie, Rionheart, Endbringer
Setinel- Enticing, NillaChan, Thuy
Destroyer- Sheol, Hawk, Cyndres, MapleStar, Kimiko
Savage- Pamaypay, Harleyquin, Unown
Ninja- Yurai, Hifumi, Kimmimaro, Jona
Summoner- Juztin
Jumeax- Zeela

Thant's about all I can remember at the moment

Edited by Miname, 15 April 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#31 JoeKim

JoeKim

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

Wow!! Never imagined so many responses to this thread!! So nice =D

Remember guys! No flaming or trolling each other.. This convo seems interesting lmao

But because I made this thread, I guess it's fair to give out my personal top pvpers of all time :D Of course there are many more players who are amazing at pvp and are currently unknown to many people in the public... Please bear with my opinion!!

(Note: These are players who have pvp with or past expectation of being a great pvper. Whether they are hated or loved, they're still considered the top pvpers to me) Also players that consist of third - fourth classes.

These players are not only great, but some have revolutionized how pvp works in-game.

Pally- Haku, Odysea, Xandiel, Funky, YarouKun, BloodRuby, Elgan, Kenji

Overlord- Mayakozuka, Atreu, KrWin, Pallet, Jonaspaz, istabbsboys, Such, Bickaboo, Devilshand, Drugaddict, Ikawa, FireONite, Bullie, KiraZ

Sorcerer- Akyrie, Ihavemagic, Bicho, Rionheart, EndBringer, Flovi, Stalemate, Sorceror

Invoker- Gray, Rim, Lawrency, Laling, Shuzelin, Left, Zure, XOneMagicX

Sentinel- Thuy, Firin, Jumboy, Nilla, Exedus, Kaeli, Kia, ArrowPants, LePapa, Stormhaven, Quivo

Destroyer- Sheol, Maplestar, Kimiko, Hawk, SharpX, Mastermani, Hiroshima, Cyndres

Savage- Unown, Durarara, Wolfayame, Lionheart, Kittykat, Gvene, SiCcnd, Fyero, Dirtyclaw

Ninja- Jona, Hifumi, Yurai, Kimimaro, Afroninja, Kerwill, Camel, Kwolf

Summoner- Aireis (Not enough info to determine more)

Jumeax- Zeela, Justinia, Engar (Not enough info to detemine more)

These are the players that have been inactive, active, or currently unkown, but for now, these are my top pvpers of all time in the THQ era towards the WP era. (Sorry if I misspelled your name lol..)

Edited by JoeKim, 15 April 2012 - 03:02 PM.

#32 zahzah

zahzah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

I feel the need to chime in some opinions here of people I've seen/pvp'd:
Dragoon: xandiel (old), Funky, Mablung
Overlord: Devilshand (old), Miyakozuka, Ikawa
Invoker: Meganekko (old), Rim
Sorcerer: IHaveMagic (old), Akyrie, Endbringer
Destroyer: Sheol (old), Maplestar
Sentinel: ArrowPants (old), Thuy (old), Nillachan
Savage: Lionheart (old), fyerolight
Ninja: Kimimaro (old), Yurai, Kerwell
Summoner: None
Jumeax: Justinia

#33 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

You missed a thief, I think.

Edited by Miname, 15 April 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#34 XlucasX

XlucasX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

My turn:
Dragoon: Odyssea, Haku, Bloodruby, xandiel, Funky, Mablung
Overlord: Atreu, jonaspaz(?), Miyakozuka, FireONight
Invoker: MysticYuYu, Rim, Meganekko
Sorcerer: Ihavemagic, Akyrie, Bicho, Endbringer, Lunarlove, Rionheart
Destroyer: Sheol, Cyndres, Maplestar
Sentinel: Nillachan, Thuy, Jumboy
Savage: Lionheart, fyerolight, Unown
Ninja: Jona, Hifumi, Kimimaro, Yurai
Summoner: -
Jumeax - Zeela

Edited by XlucasX, 15 April 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#35 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

The trick to these is to see the names that actually keep recurring, rather than the ones that just name their friends.

#36 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

http://www.livestrea...34-578cd593ae86 I hear playing a summoner takes nothing but pure skill.

#37 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

aiight guess im gonna pvp on my pally more T.T Oh and Raikk and SHONENBenZ on senti?

Edited by ohsnap, 15 April 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#38 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

aiight guess im gonna pvp on my pally more T.T

PALLY TOO FAT

#39 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

PALLY TOO FAT

LF>1v1 pally or group pvps plz lvl 80
pm:xKrazed

#40 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

LF>1v1 pally or group pvps plz lvl 80
pm:xKrazed

I might hit you up on this sometime.

#41 MuffinMann

MuffinMann

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

Also, your not one to talk Ms. Chi. Any destroyer with full glorious Rokoko + legend +20 wings/zauha + soulcraft/set benefits making your critical damage 800%+ and the ability to hit your opponent 100% of the time and mashes flashbang + sniping can easily win gear since that skill is your hardest hitter vs defense.

Seems your Gif can sum up another.

1. Destroyers don't have the luxury of block, evade bonus, pdd, crazy soul, or high defense.
2. Destroyers landing a flash versus Dragoon landing a sword dance has a ratio of approximately 1:20 (given that most destroyers can't land flashes properly).
3. Snipe can be avoided easily (Nilla doesn't get hit more than twice per round, sometimes not even once).
4. Flash isn't as good as you think.

Just saying.

#42 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

1. Destroyers don't have the luxury of block, evade bonus, pdd, crazy soul, or high defense.
2. Destroyers landing a flash versus Dragoon landing a sword dance has a ratio of approximately 1:20 (given that most destroyers can't land flashes properly).
3. Snipe can be avoided easily (Nilla doesn't get hit more than twice per round, sometimes not even once).
4. Flash isn't as good as you think.

Just saying.

flash and snipe is OP because he can kill a bunch of lvl 50's with it

Just saying

#43 Bicho

Bicho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

This is the top list in my understanding

Pally- Odyssea/Elgan/Kenji/Funky/Mab
Overlord- Ikawa/JigglyBuff/Miya/FireONight/KrWin
Invoker- Rim/Zure/Shuze/Left/
Sorc- Akyrie/Bicho
Setinel- Nillachan
Destroyer- Hawk/Cyndres
Savage- Fyero/Ayame
Ninja- Shino/RedDevil/Kerwell
Jumeax- Engar/Zeela

Edited by Bicho, 16 April 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#44 Doop

Doop

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

hi

Pally: Odyssea, BloodRuby, Phizzo, Funky
Myrm: FireOnight, Ikawa, Miyakozuka
Invoker: Rim, Anrietta, Ululonoh
Sorc: Rionheart, Endbringer, InOvenNow, Akyrie
Sent: Nilla, Thuy, Raik
Gren: Sheol, Maplestar, Nool, rapestick
Nin : Yurai, Kimi, Kwolf
Savage: IamTomo, LilFreddy, Panelo
Jum: Justinia, Zeela
Summoner: wut dis?

#45 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

http://www.livestrea...34-578cd593ae86 I hear playing a summoner takes nothing but pure skill.

1. Playing like a-_- takes no skill.
2. All summoners play like fags.
3. Playing as a summoner takes no skill.
4. Make nasty generalization about summoners in the community
5. ?????
6. Profit

Using that ability in practice pvp mode is something similar to heal spamming or infinite shadow walking with pots on. The sooner everyone realizes that the better.

Let's try to stay on topic...

Edited by Maronu, 16 April 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#46 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

I am clearly showing how i am the undoubted best summoner ever. How is that not on topic? If anything the amount of crying you are producing is off topic. So please stay on topic. :)

#47 Slayze

Slayze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

Last i checked other versions were still you can AAS spam/Infinite lock without being called a noob,

Last time I checked, gPotato had ridiculous "rules" and practically hitting the opponent's considered spamming.
IAHGames is still the same, the general populace play without rules, but the players who do skilled PvP don't go for infinites.

Edited by Slayze, 17 April 2012 - 02:44 AM.

#48 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

I am clearly showing how i am the undoubted best summoner ever. How is that not on topic? If anything the amount of crying you are producing is off topic. So please stay on topic. :)

1st round in a nutshell: You 1-hit this low defense myrm using Dark Knight. And you stood in one spot doing nothing but letting the knight shoot Ikawa. Ikawa also died from a combination of damage reflection, dark knight before it disappeared, and Golgon.
2nd round in a nutshell: Weaken Myrm and Kawa get damaged by summons + reflect and you tank them till time runs out.
3rd round: Combination of 1st and 2nd. Cept when knight disappears you finally decide to use more abilities which were basic combos.
4th round: A wall-lock combo. Which only takes a "right place at right time" situation.
5th round: Dark Night, but this time you do more then let it do all the work.

Vid in a nutshell. Is he the most skilled summoner? Well that vid just showed the reason some have requested a nerf of the dark knight and a wall-lock combo for summoners where the Golgon doesn't have a derp moment and smacks the opponent out. Still he is above average in skill but he just showed proof summoners would just hide in a mob pile of powerful summons. I ask for a remake of the pvp after the major game balance update. If he works around those balances and pulls off a 5-0 with the 2nd myrm being just as good in gear/skill as the one able to tank your hits, then I could admit he's the best.

Last time I checked, gPotato had ridiculous "rules" and practically hitting the opponent's considered spamming.
IAHGames is still the same, the general populace play without rules, but the players who do skilled PvP don't go for infinites.

gPotato's "rules" existed before the Paris Revenge update I believe. Can't believe how long they still go for those :P

Also our general public in pvp goes the same as IAH sort of. Usually without rules. But majority of the people I pvp'ed usually don't go infinite and give players a gap of escaping.

#49 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

Slayze! I'm glad you're still around.

#50 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:19 AM

Stop taking pot shots at each other or I'm locking the topic.
Don't care what the reasoning is or w/e. This started as good discussion keep it that way.

Edited by StormHaven, 17 April 2012 - 09:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users