Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:20 AM

Not sure if it's been pointed out but if a player causes damage to themself, such as through the warlock skill "hell Inferno"'s status, they autocast skills upon themself through autocast in a way similier to how reflect damage can cause autoskills to go off on monsters attacking you.

This is incredibly frustrating bug, as if inflicted with this status and wearing autocast causing items, can cause you to hurt yourself ontop of the (rather chunky) damage your taking already from the status. This includes, but not limited to, G-fisting yourself wearing the flame lord ring set.

#2 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

It's like this pre renewal. You can gfist yourself via grand cross. I am pretty sure it's intentional and not really a big deal.

#3 Shinobi

Shinobi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSakray > Iris >Ymir
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

Don't use proc equips/skills with reflect equips/skills. Vice versa.

Edited by Shinobi, 14 September 2010 - 11:47 AM.

#4 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:28 PM

I'm pretty sure it IS unintended, even if it's like it currently since the only way to hurt yourself would be to grand cross it would of been overlooked/ignored.
However this is a status effect not skill you chose to use on yourself and should work no differently than poison or bleeding in terms of how the target takes damage.

Or would you like a monster to poison you and then you kill yourself with autocasts while your leveling? It'd be the same thing, and I wouldn't be surprised if in the future a boss monster or MvP gets this skill in there skill list.

Edited by Tirasu, 14 September 2010 - 02:29 PM.

#5 Chaiso

Chaiso

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

Actually you can hurt yourself with the Warlock skill White Imprison. Might take a while to proc something like that though it only hits you once.

#6 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:49 PM

why are you using flamelord set on a warlock o.o

besides as mentioned its not a bug, they made an intentional decision for these skills/abilites to count as attacks against yourself. Take a look at grand cross for example, it does two different forms of damage. one that hits you and one thats simply a cost.

#7 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:14 PM

Uhhh... yes it is a bug. I dun know what kind of slip shoddy reasoning you guys are using but... sure, counts as hitting yourself in terms of determining who killed you? Absolutely. But auto-procing skills on YOURSELF? Completely stupid.

PS. Reflect skill + equips and auto-proc gears tend to work extraordinarily well when you aren't the one being killed by your own skills.

Check out what elemental sword, some owl duke/baron cards, plus a valk mant and shield reflect do to turtle general. Not sure what's in the cards for elemental sword.. but think it's garm baby, bloody knight card at least.

http://iroinfinity.5...id=93&mode=view

http://iroinfinity.5...id=94&mode=view

http://iroinfinity.5...id=95&mode=view

Edited by LethalJokeChar, 14 September 2010 - 04:23 PM.

#8 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

oh yup i know what all the stuff does, I use the self damage effects to good use to trigger autocast stuff with union for TKM's.

Thing is, you just need to understand how it works, then you can take advantage of it. For example the self damage thing also triggers beneficial stuff like: autocast heal when hit, autocast heal when attacking, autocast assumptio, autocast adrenaline rush from musketeer hat just to name a few.

Your self hits will also give you back SP if your using a moonlight dagger.

I mean if you were to consider self damage causing autocasts to be a bug, you'd have to treat reflect gear/damage triggering autocasts as a bug since that gear is "on attack" etc.

I also sometimes use reflect + autocast on my sinx pre-renewal to mob up and kill 50+ venatu (depends how much i can mob before i get hit-lock) so i have some experience with it ^^

Edited by Hrothmund, 14 September 2010 - 05:20 PM.

#9 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

I mean if you were to consider self damage causing autocasts to be a bug, you'd have to treat reflect gear/damage triggering autocasts as a bug since that gear is "on attack" etc.

No, there is a distinct difference. The auto-casts are given specific enough conditions, imo. They are supposed to be triggered by an ENEMY attacking you, or by you attacking an ENEMY. That is the gist of any type of magic spells that auto-cast based on contingencies. And furthermore, it doesn't make any sense to count yourself as an enemy, or even... when using skills that tend to hurt yourself, for those to count as an 'attack' toward yourself.

If anything, at least the reflect damages on enemies meet the logical requirements for being considered an attack on an enemy. HOWEVER, technically they are skills and/or special affects, and auto-casts were meant for normal attacks.

Anyway, nuking yourself with auto-casts meant to help you seems incredibly stupid, and receiving those beneficial auto-casts from 'hurting' yourself seems like an exploit.

#10 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

mm no thats not part of the description at all.

#11 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:19 PM

Actually you can hurt yourself with the Warlock skill White Imprison. Might take a while to proc something like that though it only hits you once.

Different skill, and you intentionally do the damage on yourself as "backlash" for using the skill, in a sense similer to how GC is just longer-term.

why are you using flamelord set on a warlock o.o

besides as mentioned its not a bug, they made an intentional decision for these skills/abilites to count as attacks against yourself. Take a look at grand cross for example, it does two different forms of damage. one that hits you and one thats simply a cost.

It's a warlock skill that a warlock cast on me? I said it was the STATUS EFFECT caused by hell inferno not a self-damaging part of using a skill, such as GC or White imprison. I swear can you people not read?

Whatever I don't care anymore. It can stay as it is not that many people will use it anyway.

Edited by Tirasu, 14 September 2010 - 11:21 PM.

#12 FoxyWoxy

FoxyWoxy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:46 AM

I just noticed this bug (yes I'm callign it that) as well. Also same thing happen's with shadow chasers shadow form. When you're being shadow formed and attack the SC you recieve your own auto casts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users