Question about Mastersmith --> Mech - Renewal Testing - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Question about Mastersmith --> Mech

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:23 AM

So how does this skill work when one change into a mech and the job level drop down to 1. Also the max job level for a mech is 50 instead of 70, making this skill close to being useless?

#2 Carlossus

Carlossus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:27 AM

If you change from a 99/70 MS you become a 99/1 mech, all the skills you learnt as a high merchant and MS are still available to you, it's just your job number resets to 1. Same goes for if you change as a 99/50 blacksmith.

You 'only' get 50 for the mech skills. The only reason trans needed 70 is because they had skills from previous job (in this case blacksmith) and some new ones to choose from. Trust me you wont spend the 50 points if you go for axes -_- and if you go mado you wont have major problems deciding what you want and what you dont.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:53 AM

The issue is that the success rate of Upgrade Weapon is dependent on player job level.

At job 50, the rates are the same as NPC, while at job 70, they are higher than the NPC.

This is also an issue with potting and forging, because in both of those, job level adds a 0.2%/level boost, so those 20 job levels chops 4% off of the success rate, which, while it may sound small to someone who has never potted/forged, is HUGE, and people have spent >100m zeny to get boosts of under 1% from better gear!

#4 Carlossus

Carlossus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:17 PM

oh didnt see the tiny little sub heading -_- next time post more info in the actual thread -_-

I Stand corrected though and hope it gets investigated in some way or another.

#5 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:58 AM

MASTERSMITH kinda in the name >>

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:43 AM

It's ridiculous if one flat out loses the ability to upgrade weapons better than the NPC (the whole point of Upgrade Weapon) by changing to mechanic. Has anyone tested this? It's just plain mean to not give mechanics the ability to upgrade as well as the mastersmith they were before they changed to mech.

#7 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:24 AM

I can test it I guess. Gonna go play around with making +9 Lv4s and see how bad it goes.

On Sakray with a 99/70 it took about 90 tries to get 1 BG weapon to +9.

---

Did it on BG weapons again:

+5 58
+6 26
+7 13
+8  4
+9  0

Need to go somewhere right now so can't continue, but from the look of it, if you want to upgrade, stick with a Mastersmith.

Edited by Miyuki, 24 September 2010 - 11:26 AM.

#8 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:08 AM

The issue is that the success rate of Upgrade Weapon is dependent on player job level.

At job 50, the rates are the same as NPC, while at job 70, they are higher than the NPC.

This is also an issue with potting and forging, because in both of those, job level adds a 0.2%/level boost, so those 20 job levels chops 4% off of the success rate, which, while it may sound small to someone who has never potted/forged, is HUGE, and people have spent >100m zeny to get boosts of under 1% from better gear!

would be nice if you could change the formula a little bit so turning into a mechanic doesn't nerf upgrading or forging.

boosting the rate in general would help. Weaponry Research is a forging only skill in renewal, so make it add more success rate. and add a small forumla "if user is mechanic class add an extra 5-10% success rate"

thx

#9 NiteWolfX13

NiteWolfX13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:00 AM

I'm glad someone had brought this job lvl/upgrade skill issue up, because I was going to. But I would like to see this fixed as well..

#10 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:56 PM

It could easily be fixed if it was made to be a percentage of max job level the player was or if they just based it on base level. It would be nice if Mechanics at 150/50 were better at upgrading than 99/70 Mastersmiths, but at the very least, they should be no worse.

Edited by Akin, 28 September 2010 - 03:57 PM.

#11 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:44 PM

Technically it WAS supposed to go from 1st > 2nd > 3rd > Trans classes in that order. >.> But they decided to demote some classes.

#12 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:55 PM

It would just be easier if mechanics had the success rate of a job 70 mastersmith.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users