Game Arena - Update 4/18 - Page 4 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Game Arena - Update 4/18

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#76 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

1st War ever. trosed. = Never got back to the war. ef u.

#77 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

The food issue needs to be fixed IMO. Seems like attackers win every round.

#78 GlennFroggy

GlennFroggy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAvatar by: Bora
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

Not a single game started for the level 200 and under while the qued for the 201+ wait for hours just to get in a game.

#79 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

Well about an hour wasted trying to get a party, finally get one full and DCd. FUN

You REALLY need to get the queue thing working as it doesn't seem to do anything but put u in a group by urself. So I think about 5 ppl had groups they started each on their own (including me). Because of that, it took forever to get 15 ppl.

#80 Prashanti

Prashanti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

Increase numbers from 15 to 30...

#81 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

As far as i have noticed, the queuing does work.. I signed up on my own and after thirty seconds i was added to another group.

#82 lafamilia00

lafamilia00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

Two wars today, got DC during both of them and then I cannot relog back in for a while. It says server maintenance is in progress. I'm assuming other people are getting the same message.

#83 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

Two wars today, got DC during both of them and then I cannot relog back in for a while. It says server maintenance is in progress. I'm assuming other people are getting the same message.

They announced the DC as they are working on the issue for an hour I believe it said.

#84 Cutiieee

Cutiieee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Not a single game started for the level 200 and under while the qued for the 201+ wait for hours just to get in a game.

The main problem is that there are many people or small groups queued up by themselves so this will delay groups that already full from getting into the game. I noticed that when you queue up by yourself, you get into games a lot quicker. Like last night, i waited like 1- 1.5 hrs in a group of 15 to get into a game while i logged into my cleric and got into a game as soon as i hit "join queue".

Suggestions:
-Have a lobby system so that people know how many groups are queued up and which groups are queued (listing just the group leader would be fine)

--Aside from queue system--
I noticed that once you run into the crystal(which was annoying), you couldn't zoom out. And the only way out was to use the arrow keys

Edited by Cutiieee, 19 April 2012 - 10:30 AM.

#85 vivito

vivito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

You mean all leechers hate it.

Sure its a new system and needs polishing still, but its better than having 150 players both sides while only 10% of them fight.

For sure many hate the battle arena and prefer the old union war .For example if you and your bro want to play in the battle arena how this will happen if both of you use same ip and you can't be in same group... so you cant play together . Also if you are able to use only honor potions (no goulash) and in your group there is no cleric for sure you wont stay alive long and this queue .... pff waste of time ....

#86 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

For sure many hate the battle arena and prefer the old union war .For example if you and your bro want to play in the battle arena how this will happen if both of you use same ip and you can't be in same group... so you cant play together . Also if you are able to use only honor potions (no goulash) and in your group there is no cleric for sure you wont stay alive long and this queue .... pff waste of time ....

Shouldn't proxy work ;p

#87 NinjaOfNorth

NinjaOfNorth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

fail lol my raider has like 500 def and its wearing honor gear

Edited by NinjaOfNorth, 19 April 2012 - 11:09 AM.

#88 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

I'm not sure where the post is, trying to find cal's post saying that the stats shown are only a visual error. Don't mind that 500def.

#89 NinjaOfNorth

NinjaOfNorth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

uhm i was just at ruins full buffed spider did 600 dmg and i usually take 300dmg explain plz then

#90 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Posted Image

Like my stats show, if you are wearing honor gears you now have less pvm defence (damage as well, but just one picture would have sufficed to show)

#91 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Because honor gear has negative pvm bonuses. Hover your cursor over your defense and attack power stats and it will show.

#92 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

That's kind of negative if you want to try out your statbuild with gears and such to see how much you get in total.

#93 irlalalo

irlalalo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Tried to play it twice today. First time in the afternoon which i gave up after waiting 2 hours. Second time at night, which i gave up after waiting 4 hours. The game arena signup system is badly thought out. I wonder who's paying your salary. I won't bother giving suggestions since it won't make any difference anyway.

#94 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

Tried to play it twice today. First time in the afternoon which i gave up after waiting 2 hours. Second time at night, which i gave up after waiting 4 hours. The game arena signup system is badly thought out. I wonder who's paying your salary. I won't bother giving suggestions since it won't make any difference anyway.

If you got that attitude nothing will ever change, dear.
The community complained all the time about the devs not fixing the leeching system on union war,
And once I got in to play CD, I really had fun.
Of course it's not perfect since its a FTP game, and it's the first day.
Not enough players joined pegasus to begin with.
Changes won't happen if you don't state them, and if you open your eyes a little, the devs have been following the requests that the community wanted.
I myself, wanted a scoreboard, talked with gen and look what we got.
I'm not saying it must have to be me, but they still change things after request.
They would be dumb not listening to the community, since it's the best way to improve and make something more fun.

#95 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

One game went good (especially since we won). It was fun even though I wasn't even sure where I was going. The queue worked fine the first time but it's not working again and we had to make parties. Waiting and waiting now....

Edit: Forgot to add about the crystal. When u click on it to heal it, u get stuck in it. Can't see a thing.

Edited by SunflowerGirl, 19 April 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#96 irlalalo

irlalalo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

If you got that attitude nothing will ever change, dear.
The community complained all the time about the devs not fixing the leeching system on union war,
And once I got in to play CD, I really had fun.
Of course it's not perfect since its a FTP game, and it's the first day.
Not enough players joined pegasus to begin with.
Changes won't happen if you don't state them, and if you open your eyes a little, the devs have been following the requests that the community wanted.
I myself, wanted a scoreboard, talked with gen and look what we got.
I'm not saying it must have to be me, but they still change things after request.
They would be dumb not listening to the community, since it's the best way to improve and make something more fun.

Sorry. It wasted enough of my time today already. Not exactly in the mood for feedback. Antway its a good way to get me off rose for some time and focus on more important things i have at hand. All the best.

#97 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

Sunflower : Til that crystal bugg is fixed, you can go out using your arrow keys : )

#98 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPhilippines, Earth
  • Server:Arua

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

As far as i have noticed, the queuing does work.. I signed up on my own and after thirty seconds i was added to another group.

Can anyone else corroborate this? Because it sure doesn't work this way for me.

#99 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

Posted Image

Like my stats show, if you are wearing honor gears you now have less pvm defence (damage as well, but just one picture would have sufficed to show)

I would have liked to know this was the intention from the beginning as i bought as few of my current honor sets for PvM and reinforced equipment may be what i choose to use as primary gear instead. I'll roll for a while on this PvP gear until I get used to the system but what I am really looking forward to is the PvM Dungeon side of this Game Arena being implemented. I know there was brief mention that this was in development and I am excited about it. Sure bugs for the current PvP system will probably take precedence but I've learned patience. So 2 weeks is Okay /sarcasm

I was a little intimidated by the comment that someone had 18k HP and died in 3 hits. something doesn't seem right there... perhaps more info is needed to explain
this or maybe I'm ignorant to a prior response?

After seeing the results from the Pegasus testing sessions i had hoped to see my cleric rewarded for it's efforts. After completing a war, It really didn't give a satisfactory amount of points for the effort a Cleric needs to make with constant healing and party healing. It was actually pretty stressful to try to maintain MP as it was maximized quickly and MP food wasn't enough to supplement the need even with spamming.
I seriously don't see too many Artisans being factors in this battle system but i don't know if maybe that's expected? Nades would be interesting if allowed. The Crystal reminds me of the old gigantic XMas trees from a few years passed. Time to shrink it and give it a bit more Defense. The attackers side appears to have the current advantage as the game sits and after these beginning sessions.

#100 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Can anyone else corroborate this? Because it sure doesn't work this way for me.

For me, it didn't work then we had maintenance and I got back in and it worked once and now it won't work for anyone. We all go into the party alone. And starting parties ourselves didn't work either. They still have some bugs to work out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users