Game Arena - Update 4/18 - Page 5 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Game Arena - Update 4/18

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#101 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

It worked for me before, but now it doesn't seem to work again.
Well, better luck tomorrow, going off. Hope all these issues will get fixed in a few days.

Edited by jerremy, 19 April 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#102 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPhilippines, Earth
  • Server:Arua

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

If you got that attitude nothing will ever change, dear.
And once I got in to play CD, I really had fun.

This, in point of fact, is self-defeating. Now in irlalalo's defense, aside from the selfish people who wouldn't give a wooden nickel to people who want to see Crystal Defenders for the first time, who else has?

Sure, they listen. But is listening their only source of ideas and reasoning? Strategic planning, people. A simple TOWS and SWOT analysis could have prompted them to care of everyone, from the powerful veteran, to the not so equipped veteran, to the little guy trying his best to become the big guy who just kicked him/her out of the group for the nth time.

Put in a matchmaking system, and you get the problem of stacking. No one wants to group with losers, which is what the little guy is. Winners group together, and so we shall all bask in a glorious stackfest that will forever echo through the ages henceforth till trumpets sound and kingdom come.

If you really want to talk about attitude, you're mewling in the wrong direction.

Now with the Game Arena update, if you peel of all the layers of this bright red onion they just handed to you, there is but one - and just one - gem in the rough, which would have sufficiently curbed the problem of leeching.

Not eliminating it. Just curbing it.

Now if you're wondering what this is, well...

#103 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

This is looking freaking awesome!!

#104 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

This, in point of fact, is self-defeating. Now in irlalalo's defense, aside from the selfish people who wouldn't give a wooden nickel to people who want to see Crystal Defenders for the first time, who else has?

Sure, they listen. But is listening their only source of ideas and reasoning? Strategic planning, people. A simple TOWS and SWOT analysis could have prompted them to care of everyone, from the powerful veteran, to the not so equipped veteran, to the little guy trying his best to become the big guy who just kicked him/her out of the group for the nth time.

Put in a matchmaking system, and you get the problem of stacking. No one wants to group with losers, which is what the little guy is. Winners group together, and so we shall all bask in a glorious stackfest that will forever echo through the ages henceforth till trumpets sound and kingdom come.

If you really want to talk about attitude, you're mewling in the wrong direction.

Now with the Game Arena update, if you peel of all the layers of this bright red onion they just handed to you, there is but one - and just one - gem in the rough, which would have sufficiently curbed the problem of leeching.

Not eliminating it. Just curbing it.

Now if you're wondering what this is, well...

Oh jesus, I loved reading this.

Moar pls

#105 enzomilano

enzomilano

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

THE GAME ARENA SUCKS! it was fun at first when you feel like you're a tribute to the hunger games, but as is progress, it sucks! you die after you respawn and the game doesnt even give you a chance to redeem yourself because all of the enemy will be waiting on the spawn site. it's minutes of dying and respawning, dying and respawning, over and over again! SUCKS! didnt think things through ei??

#106 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

The community complained all the time about the devs not fixing the leeching system on union war,

Fix the leeching problem not asking them to close uw, they listen to it? Fix problem not discard the whole system! If your rose got problem you will fix it or buy a new PC?

Changes won't happen if you don't state them, and if you open your eyes a little, the devs have been following the requests that the community wanted.

You dare to create a poll system so we vote if new arena is good or sucks? Based on the polling result then only you conclude that dev will listen to our feedback!

They have the plan for score board and not develop it on your request.

#107 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

Fix the leeching problem not asking them to close uw, they listen to it? Fix problem not discard the whole system! If your rose got problem you will fix it or buy a new PC?

You dare to create a poll system so we vote if new arena is good or sucks? Based on the polling result then only you conclude that dev will listen to our feedback!

They have the plan for score board and not develop it on your request.

I doubt that everyone can be 100% happy with it, only thing that bothers me is the small buggs that will get fixed and the time to fix 15 people.
But if you find it necessary, you can go ahead and create the poll, cause for me it doesn't matter.
I happen to be fine with the changes, and kind of funny how people talk about the que cause when you think of it, you can wait much longer for UW.

Edit: For a poll to be created to start with, you will need the new arena to be up more.
People rarely like changes cause they aren't used to them, so give it a week or two cause some players aren't even at the stage to get how to invite people, lack of knowledge also slows games down a bit.

Edited by DigitalKitten, 19 April 2012 - 11:56 PM.

#108 bamaboy22

bamaboy22

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

You have to leave the Queue in order to make a Group and invite people.

The best thing is to first make the group and invite your friends, then when you're ready, join the queue.

PS: I say give it more time for players to buff up and organise parties at the beginning, give them a safe spot to rebuff when they die, and allow buff pots, and the Game Arena is going to be fun.

THANKS A LOT MAN

#109 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

But if you find it necessary, you can go ahead and create the poll, cause for me it doesn't matter.

I'm not interesting with the poll result, I just want to show you that they won't bother about our feedback.

Just look at the debuff changes, before it was
anti magic = 2 minutes cool down, 50% success full debuff
Fierce = 20seconds cool down, 25% success full debuff

Now?

anti magic = 2 minutes cool down, 50% success, remove 1 buff
Fierce = 20seconds cool down, 100% success, remove 2 buffs.

Can you imagine why they make the short cool down to 100% remove 2 skill? But long cool down only 50% and 1 buff remove.. Everyone complain about the debuff but end up they made it short cool down and 100% remove 2 buff. Silly?

Just imagine a mage come remove 2 of your buff every 20 seconds, it's not fun. Everyone feedback about this but do they listen or reply anything? No.. They choose to hide themselves..

#110 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

So that's the only change they've done in game?, debuff skill?
Can't you think about anything that they actually made better?

Cause if you only focus on "the bad things", then of course it will look like no one is doing anything to make the game better.

#111 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

People will complain, they always do about something new. And since not enough people got on to test the arena on Pegasus everyone knew there would be some glitches and bugs when it went live. I am happy to give the devs time to fix it, at least they are giving us new stuff.

In the one Arena Battle I was able to get in I can say a few things:

1. We had trouble queuing up a second group of 15 to play but I know Gen is working on that.
2. A well organized group will rule in Arena. When UW first came out it was the same way. One organized group could sway the outcome of UW each time. That should even out some once people get used to playing, but I think a group that always plays together will win more times than not.
3. The crystals do not have enough HP and they are obnoxious. As said above, you get stuck in the crystal if you get too close or try to heal it.
4. When I died I did not get the chance to respawn. Had to lie there dead until the crystal was killed and we automatically respawned.
5. I got Trosed during the game and could not get back into Rose right away.
6. People need to get organized fast, stay as a group, not be in it just for kills or to prove how great they are alone, no time for buff sets in an unorganized group- so pick your best gear to start out, protect your clerics.

I am sure Genesis is working on all the fixes and it will get sorted out soon enough. It might be fun to make some lower level characters to play the other levels of the arena too.

#112 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:08 AM

This game arena has a lot of potential. No matter how many tests and preparations the devs do, it is inevitable to avoid this kind of situation just looking at how many players were enthusiastic enough to join in Pegasus (sarcasm). The game arena was a game changer, it nullifies buffsets, too much reliance on pots and food especially on cleric buffs which is not really rose-pvp should be. It is imo, the devs way to redirect the players to the original pvp rose was meant to have. I for one is positive on this game arena and all we need to do now is adapt. And btw, I suggest they also allow teams consisting of 3,5,10 or even lower to make it easier to start a game without the need to spend much time waiting.

#113 bamaboy22

bamaboy22

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:48 AM

Mann Why im always crash when Enter Battle Arena... is im need ReInstal my ROSE ???
I cant get Honor Pts even 1.... im miss UW... :p_sad: :p_sad: :p_sad: :p_sad: :p_sad: :p_sad: :p_sad: :p_sad: :p_sad:

#114 enzomilano

enzomilano

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:18 AM

excuse me, the game crashes when i respawn.

#115 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:57 AM

excuse me, the game crashes when i respawn.

Stop dieing D;

#116 nvrsydie

nvrsydie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

At first i thought of it as a bad failed patch, given the second third 4th look, i think the devs are really making this game more interesting especially the way that the clerics should be more aware of their comrades hp beside themselves, and the champions be more like champions as it name connotes, and the long range keeping their keen eye on the targets, talking about raiders who really weakend the enemies before reaching the crystal. to make it short its really a group effort :) Salute!

but please listen to small things that other players worried about too, yes leechers are gone now ( we hope)

in my experience i think queueing is longer than expected, you didnt mention how much time we need to wait even 4 groups are waiting outside

a splash screen will tell us that the game is about to begin, but we still need to wait for 30 min to 1 hour. sometimes more than 2 hours. just to get inside and dc'ed right before the game ends, and cant even come back.

as of this writing we are waiting outside with 3 groups full and ready for exactly 2 hours now. no one had an idea what is the problem or when we will get teleported in the game.

we might lose players if this is not addressed properly...

look as i sate that above post, we checked:
that all are 15 full group
that no one is dual clienting because we are all in the queue
that no groups are inside because a game had just ended.
that all has/had their own quest.

Edited by nvrsydie, 20 April 2012 - 06:18 AM.

#117 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

in my experience i think queueing is longer than expected, you didnt mention how much time we need to wait even 4 groups are waiting outside

a splash screen will tell us that the game is about to begin, but we still need to wait for 30 min to 1 hour. sometimes more than 2 hours. just to get inside and dc'ed right before the game ends, and cant even come back.

as of this writing we are waiting outside with 3 groups full and ready for exactly 2 hours now. no one had an idea what is the problem or when we will get teleported in the game.

we might lose players if this is not addressed properly...

look as i sate that above post, we checked:
that all are 15 full group
that no one is dual clienting because we are all in the queue
that no groups are inside because a game had just ended.
that all has/had their own quest.

Thanks for this, through my (and a few others) observations last night we have found that there is likely an issue with large groups preventing a game from starting, as players who queued up as individuals were able to start a game with a much higher success rate. I am currently making some adjustments to the queueing system so that we can inspect it further and get some more indicators as to what is causing large groups to fail, hopefully leading to a solution.

For the meantime, I would recommend queueing as individuals, or as groups of no more than a few players to see how this works out for you. Please note that there is also a short delay when groups have joined the queue, and a game may not start instantly even with the correct number of players. This could also be an indicator of something being wrong with the queueing system - time will tell once we have more information.

#118 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:46 AM

I wonder....

Lets say theres Game Arena 1

Theres 4 groups trying to go in

Group A: Has 5 members
Group B: Has 15 members
Group C: Has 9 members
Group D: Has 2 members

Group E: Has 15 members

Assumed Group A queue'd up first and then Group B

Once the Queue started with Group A then B, then C....does it wait until the LAST member to team up with Group A and C gets added in before they fight B?

Maybe this could be the cause of the long wait-times since there is only one arena.

It's trying to find the last member for the Group A&C side vs. Group B Side but can't since all the rest of the Groups are more than 2+ members.

#119 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

I wondered about that too, it may be that because of large groups (e.g.: 10 and 7) being unable to merge it is fairly hard to start a game in groups (unless you can make a group consistent of 15 people).
Advice is to start as an individual i guess.

Edited by jerremy, 20 April 2012 - 06:54 AM.

#120 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

Aside from the queuing problems the only real problems I see within the game are:

Camera angles from getting too close the crystal.

Crystals HP (could use be increased somewhat) as the attackers seem to have an edge in most cases.

Vulnerable respawn areas. This is probably the most problematic, If Rose didn't have buffs at all then it might be ok, but as it is you are a sitting duck when you respawn in front of a mob of fully buffed enemies.

#121 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

So that's the only change they've done in game?, debuff skill?
Can't you think about anything that they actually made better?

Cause if you only focus on "the bad things", then of course it will look like no one is doing anything to make the game better.

Maybe you can remind me anything they had made it better?

#122 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

Sunflower : Til that crystal bugg is fixed, you can go out using your arrow keys : )

Thanks for that info as I didn't even think of that. I was just clicking on a group member to heal them which would drag me out of the crystal.

FYI: Making a party with your group is helpful as a cleric. I can't see who needs healing fast enuf with that group image and having the party makes it easy to see. Then I just close the group thing.

I made it to a few wars today and I think I actually prefer the queueing up alone as you never know who will be in and it's a chance to get to know more people and play with different people as opposed to UW where you know who is on what side. I did the stacked war thing yesterday and while entertaining it wasn't much fun as we knew we would win.

#123 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

Maybe you can remind me anything they had made it better?

ZullyFace, for as much as I and others have tried to talk to you, you have refused to listen.
I think you challenging them to show you will only turn into trying to direct a blind man threw a maze when Left means Right and Right Means Backwards.

#124 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

ZullyFace, for as much as I and others have tried to talk to you, you have refused to listen.
I think you challenging them to show you will only turn into trying to direct a blind man threw a maze when Left means Right and Right Means Backwards.

Only right and backwards? Should direct them with up and down, easiest way out.. pffft i expected better.

#125 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

This reminds me when a game first comes out, and everyone is trying to find cheats for it.

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A
Select Start

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users