Game Arena - Update 4/18 - Page 6 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Game Arena - Update 4/18

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#126 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

I give a big +1 to the devs for this. Once all the bugs are worked out, this will be really great! I absolutely love the arena! I would ask that you try to do something about the crystal thing. If you get too close, the crystal fills your screen and you can't get out. (Muah) guys! Love you for this! :) :wub:

#127 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

Is the arena glitched again or not enuf ppl are signing up at this time? Ppl are saying they waited hours and I can't seem to get in either.

#128 SphireCroid

SphireCroid

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

I think it glitched again because when you'r joining alone you're automatically added to the next group ready to fight in need of players.
I've waited hours as all people i've talked with, nothing is happening :/

You really need to fix the queue and allow people to play fast before fixing anything else, you can feel how people are bored on Training Ground.

#129 GlennFroggy

GlennFroggy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAvatar by: Bora
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

This reminds me when a game first comes out, and everyone is trying to find cheats for it.

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A
Select Start

That cheat is for Contra On the nintendo system. I was using that to beat the game back than with my brother and cousin.

#130 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

There are a few problems with Arena that I know the Devs are working on. But I was thinking that maybe a few quick things can be done to help get the arena going. What if everyone had to sign up individually for all 30 players? No pre-formed groups. Everyone sign up individually and the clerics get split between the groups and you randomly get put on one side or the other. That way one group won't win all the time and discourage the other players, people will be able to get in the queue easier and you won't have the problems with uneven groups signing up and people will get to play with and meet new people.

Then, later, when the devs get it sorted out they can change it to the group sign ups if people want it. But I think signing up and getting randomly into a group might be a good way to learn the arena, make queing easier and have people learn to work together.....Just an idea.

#131 Santa1K

Santa1K

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • Location5341, 5837

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

omg it sucks bring back uw blah blah qq qq wah wah. (endsarcasm)

I know this is suppose to be posted in the suggestion area. I don't know if anyone has already posted about these. IDGAF

1. I think there should be a visible list of people que'd up for the game arena.

2. Having multiple rooms for the game arena. (assuming there will be a lot of people actually signing up for it when all bugs are fixed.) Just so there can be more than one game going at once.(I think 2 rooms would be more than enough for how many people actually play this game.)

3. Having a little break between crystal destroyed. What I had in mind was dividing the map into 3 sections. (Divided by gates.)

Visually.

Posted Image
(KEEP IN MIND THE DISTANCE BETWEEN EVERYTHING IS NOT ACCURATE AND DONT JUDGE MY PAINT SKILLS.)

The main thing about this is letting the defenders have about a minute to gather up to defend the next crystal if one of the crystals is destroyed. This is to stop the match from snowballing.

Okay the war will start the same way as it does right now. Once crystal A is destroyed, the defenders will be sent to spawn B. (Just like in union war, when the dusk is destroyed, the whole attacking side gets sent back to spawn. Except it is the defend in this case.)

There will be a gate that blocks the attackers from proceeding to Crystal B right away. Both sides will have roughly a minute to gather up and get ready to attack/defend Crystal B.

Once the break is up, the first gate will open up then both sides can proceed to defending/attacking Crystal B. Once Crystal B is destroyed, same process.

Defenders are sent to spawn C. Gate blocks the attackers. Roughly a minute break to ready up. Then match continues.

Imagining a fresh new war of 15vs15 in the beginning of each crystal. Avoiding attackers having too much momentum and just roll over the defenders. Helps both sides to be a little more organized at least in the beginning.

4. Timer for the match.

That's all I could think of right now. Not too bad for 15min of brainstorming.

This is of course after the bugs are fixed.

http://forums.warppo...070-game-arena/

​(BECAUSE THE PROPOSAL SECTION IS A JOKE.)

Edited by Santa1K, 21 April 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#132 irlalalo

irlalalo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Make something like

Posted Image

This way we can visually see how the games are filling up and will be able to estimate how long we need to wait. There can also be a choice of making a 15v15 or 10v10 depending on time of the day and number of players available. Perhaps even 5v5 for lower levels.

#133 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

Make something like

Posted Image

This way we can visually see how the games are filling up and will be able to estimate how long we need to wait. There can also be a choice of making a 15v15 or 10v10 depending on time of the day and number of players available. Perhaps even 5v5 for lower levels.

Thanks for the visual suggestion!

We are reviewing some better ways as well to get the word out there and make it more clear about the queue status and the game arena modes.

#134 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

I think you challenging them to show you

Calanor, I'm not here to challenge anyone or any party. But look at the changes you all had done vs the number of players. Do you think number of players have increased? And junon city are so quiet after union war was removed. Do you think these changes really work?

We are here to enjoy the game but look at all feedback in forum, 80% of the feedback are negative. I know we can't expect 100% positive. But 80% negative feedback is not acceptable as a business view.

Just look at all my comment so far, do I complain if you add in any IM item to earn money? I know you guys are doing business and make money is the main objective. So I always stand on your side if anyone complain about IM. Because there is no free lunch in this world and I know if company can't meet the expected income, server will shut down soon.

But look at all the changes such as 20seconds cool down 100% 2 debuff, as a community manager do you try to explain why this changes applied? As a player I don't think 100% is a good changes but you can always share us your reason of changes. If your explain is reasonable sure we will take it. But you always hide when players had raised up their question.

Let's talk about the botting, do you know other online game have applied CAPTCHA method? A small window will pop up from time to time and players need to key in verification code based on image shown. If no input or wrong input for few minutes will automatic disconnect from server. But you all choose to ignore this botting problem until today.

Just a simple question what you all had made to make the game better? And you try to avoid the question again and saying I try to challenge.. If I really challenge you, you can't show me what you had made to make the game better?

#135 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

One thing I didn't notice mentioned here is, you do not have to be in any specific location for the Game Arena or Crystal Defenders to start it will grab you from where ever you are (if your in the queue) and place you in the game when its ready. This allows you to continue farming, pvping, shopping, ect while you wait.

#136 LoveU4ever

LoveU4ever

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

I think sometime the game arean is not really fair coz our group had waited like 3 hrs and we havent entre once. and the other 2 groups did 2 times already. im sure we already click join quene lol why is that?

#137 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

While it won't be ready for this week's patch, some improvements are being made to display additional information about the current status of the queue, and once accepted for a game, the current status of each team as players join the game.

In Queue:
Posted Image

After Accepting The Confirmation:
Posted Image

To address the bottlenecks with the queueing system, we have made several adjustments to our backend so that we can monitor the queue to pinpoint the issue and spend the better part of this week working to correct it.

Edited by Genesis, 23 April 2012 - 06:41 AM.

#138 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

So, i've been playing 2 GA now one defending and one attacking.

Some feedback...

Making a group before war seems not working properly, we had a group of 3 ppl only and we seen games starting before us untill we left the group and signed up seperated, within minutes we had a game started.

When a game starts let it be more random qua job, equal out the clerics/champs/raiders etc etc now one team had 5 clerics and the other team only had 1.
Arti's sleep and clerics stun are a bit overpowered at this type of game, since its all close battle and equal numbers those sleeps and stuns are a pain since they are aoe based and the duration of the sleep is quite long, easy to run in with a couple of champs or any aoe character to aoe entire groupes and kill them easaly.

I also noticed in the first game my buffs dissapeared (without a mage nearby to actually debuff me) and i wasn't able to rebuff untill i got killed.
To ban out the reaction that it's a visual glitch, I clearly noticed difference in my stats, my attack speed wasn't as high as it normaly was and also i was running like a turtle.

When ur server crashed ur screwed and out of the arena.

My 2 cents in the Game Arena

Edited by Graziano, 23 April 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#139 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

The Mute icon is being displayed as a stun icon. If you are stunned and muted at the same time it shows two stun icons.

EDIT: I see the mute icon now... not sure what that was then.

Also, in the lobby before the Crystal Defenders game begins, if you go into Castle Gear (or cart) and buff up, once you are transported to the battlefield you will be off your Castle Gear but still have buffs. Can we stay in Castle Gear too?

Edited by Phish, 24 April 2012 - 08:50 AM.

#140 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

Not really anything of an issue, but one of the quests of game arena needs a grammar hammer!
Posted Image

For those who can't read it that well:

Don't let the enemies get the better of you, show them that they are no match for your strength! Assault a crystal and kill any anyone who tries to you stop you to obtain Badges of Claiming Stance. You must be within close proximity of a crystal to be credited for a player kill. You may also fight alongside your team members to receive credits for assisting them

#141 mugo

mugo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

It seems that the defender side is on losing streaks.

#142 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

The Mute icon is being displayed as a stun icon. If you are stunned and muted at the same time it shows two stun icons.

EDIT: I see the mute icon now... not sure what that was then.

Also, in the lobby before the Crystal Defenders game begins, if you go into Castle Gear (or cart) and buff up, once you are transported to the battlefield you will be off your Castle Gear but still have buffs. Can we stay in Castle Gear too?

I think I had two stuns and a mute at one point in time..but I didnt get a screen shot of that--Just of the double mute.

#143 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

It seems that the defender side is on losing streaks.

Not all the case, so far for my arena experiences as a defender 3 wins out of 4 games, as an attacker 1 out of 1!

#144 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

Entering a game of crystal defenders removes your fairy if you have one... You don't even get it back at the end. These come sparingly enough, why can't we just keep it inside?

#145 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

i am on cg and buffed in the lobby, but i will be reverted back to fighter without buff once i get transferred to the arena...
please look into this.

#146 mugo

mugo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

Not all the case, so far for my arena experiences as a defender 3 wins out of 4 games, as an attacker 1 out of 1!

Sadly when I'm on the defender side, all lost but came came out victorious when I'm part of the attacker side. My last entry came out quite successful, again as attacker:

Posted Image

I guess it's matter of teamwork. Looking at the chart, that's one hell of damage dealt by the champ, I might came second the very best if I had 17 kills.

#147 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

anyone can point to me how they calculate the points?

#148 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

anyone can point to me how they calculate the points?

They probably look at your healing and damage ratio.

#149 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:02 AM

Since they changed the calculations for clerics we are not at the top all of the time. A very active cleric in a good war will maybe get 100 pts but not like we used to. So the change was good. Now they need to look at the champs I think. They are always at the top of the leader board. One war where we really battled I got 100 pts but I worked my ass off for it. The others, where we did not have to work as hard I got 38 and 24.

The new board that Gen is working on to tell us how many are in queue will help everyone a lot. We spend all kinds of time standing outside saying..the arena is bugged, is anyone signed up?, sign up single and maybe it will go, I have been in queue for 2 hours and nothing is going on, etc. A lot of times there are just not enough ppl signed up to make it go, but without the board stating the numbers we don't know that.

The losing buffs bug needs to be fixed and the double mute. The players are trying to work on the spawn killing themselves and in most of the ones I was in yesterday we called back the people and refused to follow and heal them past the buildings. Seemed to work pretty well.

People can still get stuck in buildings and walls like in the old UW. But that might not be something that can be fixed.

All in all people seem to like the arena I think.

#150 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

This Game Arena really made Borgs alot useful as before. Thumbs up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users