Suggestion: Same Gender Coupling - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Suggestion: Same Gender Coupling

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 KonekoLynn

KonekoLynn

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

You should allow same gender couples on Dragon Saga, It is not fair that straight people are the only ones who can couple on here as there own gender you should allow people to be the gender they are and be allowed to couple people of there own gender. OnO

More and more games that have a coupling system are incorperating same gender coupling into there games, if you look ones like Lucent Heart and Dream of Mirror Online have included it, since including it there member base increased right after they did by a good margine.

Why not add same gender coupling? Love is love isn't it? Shouldn't it be fair to all players to get to enjoy the games fetures?

Before you suggest just make a boy char or have the other do the same (or reverse for boys), It is not fair that we should have to comprimise for what we want.

Edited by KonekoLynn, 21 April 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#2 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Read this. http://forums.warppo...__fromsearch__1

#3 KonekoLynn

KonekoLynn

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

Read this. http://forums.warppo...__fromsearch__1

new topic new argument that one is way old............. and i plan on keeping this topic going forever, considering when i played dragonica they said they planned on adding it but i come to this version since the company switch and no same gender marraige i am highly annoyed >w< (i thought the game closed not switched companies)

Edited by KonekoLynn, 21 April 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#4 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

new topic new argument that one is way old............. and i plan on keeping this topic going forever, considering when i played dragonica they said they planned on adding it but i come to this version since the company switch and no same gender marraige i am highly annoyed >w< (i thought the game closed not switched companies)

Did you frigging seriously just look at the post date and go "WELL, THERE'S NO WAY THIS COULD BE RELEVANT". Read the damn thread, see that it's a stupid suggestion, move on with your life.

#5 KonekoLynn

KonekoLynn

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Did you frigging seriously just look at the post date and go "WELL, THERE'S NO WAY THIS COULD BE RELEVANT". Read the damn thread, see that it's a stupid suggestion, move on with your life.

that is UR opinion, how about trying care about what some people feel matter. and i just read it and i am still going to keep the suggestion going, i feel it ish highly unfair that only straight peoples get to couple on here as there own gender, it ish just plain flat out discrimination i don't care about the whole fact there ish nu real benifit or that this is just a game, it's the point of the face it is not fair to all, we shouldn't have to comprimise just to be coupled wit the person we want to, we should be allowed to be our own gender in game to be together, there are many many many people who would join this game see a coupling system see if it allow same gender coupling then leave when they see it doesn't allow it, you people may think that this ish a small thing, but to us it is a big big matter. try understanding it.

if you look in games like Lucent Heart you will find lots and lots of true same gender couples. many who skip games because there coupling system doesn't allow same gender.

#6 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

One of you be a male character the other a female? Problem fixed.
btw there are a lot of girl+girl and guy+guy character couples in this game and they just married an alt of the opposite gender.

#7 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

that is UR opinion, how about trying care about what some people feel matter. and i just read it and i am still going to keep the suggestion going, i feel it ish highly unfair that only straight peoples get to couple on here as there own gender, it ish just plain flat out discrimination i don't care about the whole fact there ish nu real benifit or that this is just a game, it's the point of the face it is not fair to all, we shouldn't have to comprimise just to be coupled wit the person we want to, we should be allowed to be our own gender in game to be together, there are many many many people who would join this game (you need a comma here) see a coupling system (again) see if it allow same gender coupling (Look, I know you know where the comma key is on your keyboard. Can't you use it correctly?) then leave when they see it doesn't allow it, you people may think that this ish a small thing, but to us it is a big big matter. try understanding it.

if you look in games like Lucent Heart you will find lots and lots of true same gender couples. many who skip games because there coupling system doesn't allow same gender.

I thought it would be fun to go through your post and point out every grammatical or spelling error. If you think typing like that is cute, you're mistaken. You get an F, see me after class.

To address your post, I feel like you're refusing to process the information you've been so graciously given. To simplify the reasons why the developers simply don't give a damn, I'll try to condense everything down to two simple points so even you could understand it!
  • Importance: It's very unimportant considering how many inherent flaws there are in Dragon Saga. Everything from game balance to trying to improve the god-awful programming and constant bugs must be much higher up on the developers' priority list, not to mention all the content we have planned this summer. The fact is that there's too much on the devs' plates right now even if they did care about same-sex coupling. We've been promised a few things (sup, Sky Garden) that never came to be. It's okay, however, miss (I'm not sure how you guys' wacky genders work!) KonekoLynn. I forgive you for not thinking such a thing, because I'm fairly sure you're new here.
  • Technical aspects: To go back to a post in the thread I linked you previously, there are major bugs and issues that come with same-sex coupling. As you can see, the couple emotes look pretty iffy and I heard reports of one or both characters participating in the emote getting stuck. Furthermore, think of the short marriage event couples can go through. Wouldn't that be a little bugged out?

I truly know where you're coming from with this suggestion. Not because I'm gay, but mostly because we've had this thread before. In fact, I linked it to you. Why don't you go read it again with an open mind?
Since I was nice enough to correct your grammar and spelling above, why don't I give you a suggestion too? I think it's awfully silly to have what I call the "gay MMORPG revolutionary syndrome". In too many MMORPGs, I've seen this thread over and over again. I'd rather not pull a made up figure out of a magic bag of bullcrap, but I'm fairly sure nothing happens most of the time. Behind these threads is always a stuck-up, attention-seeking, obnoxious, illiterate, self entitled, obtuse child who, because they're gay, feel the entire game should conform to their whim. Thankfully, you're definitely not like that! I do advise you to try to understand where the game might be coming from. I also feel as if you're calling upon a vast horde of thousands of imaginary gay people who actually leave games because there's no same gender coupling to validate your opinion. I'm sure it's more like a handful of friends at best.
As for your "I'm going to keep this suggestion alive forever" comment, I really don't think an Occupy the Proposals & Suggestions Subforum movement will get what you want.

And before you think I'm a -_- hater, I think Kazu731 put it best in saying:

Keep in mind that I am definitely pro-LGBT (I think you have to be a stubborn idiot not to be and even the word "pro-LGBT" is obnoxious because it shouldn't be an issue).

Have a nice day!

#8 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

They'd have to redo all the couple emotes for both human's and dragonkin also. Since they won't work with same gender couples(as others and I have seen)

Edited by StormHaven, 21 April 2012 - 12:19 PM.

#9 xshanex

xshanex

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

@zabmaru dude she was making a simple sugestion no need to be so mean -_-
shes not saying tht they HAVE to go add it to the game, she was making a sugestion and pointing out sum facts hoping to they might add it at some point in time

#10 KonekoLynn

KonekoLynn

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

It is a suggestion as pointed out and I would like it to be done, if it can't be done then I want a mod saying so, and in fact i have heard the whole programming thing before and the whole it will be buggy thing before in game forums then the games added it, sure it would take SOME reprogramming and additional programming but not as much as you would lead yourself to believe I know quite a bit about the whole thing, as for saying that i am referring to a handful of friends at best, I am going by about 30ish people I have talked to, those are most of the people i have talked to in same gender relationships on games, i have seen way way more then i have talked to. and you can't say it wouldn't work when you can't be sure of that if you can prove to me that you know some things about game programming and development then I may listen to a lil of what chu say but I can't promise because I do know about game programing and development. The only valid thing said is that they have a lot of things they need to do but they could add it to the list for the future, I will not let this post rest untill a mod or GM says so. your making it sound like it would mess everything up but your way way wrong, and trust me i have seen the arguments more times then you would believe all the people saying things against it is almost the same argument over and over in almost all cases, look at DOMO that was the worst one for the glitch and bug and wouldn't work arguments but it worked. and still works perfectly.

#11 xshanex

xshanex

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

as for the codeing it wouldnt be much all theyd have to do is make a separate set of emotes for same sex and a code telling the game if same sex couple than use this instead of tht, not tht hard and deff not anymore work than they do adding stuff to the game everyday and i agree tht there probly are more important things they have to fix first but this honestly isnt tht hard to add

Edited by xshanex, 21 April 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#12 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

We're not saying it can't be done it probably can but won't for an loooooooooong time there's literally hundreds of other things they need to do before even thinking about samesex couples on DS.

#13 xshanex

xshanex

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

thts understandable but thts still no reason for zabmaru to get so pissed -_-

#14 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

thts understandable but thts still no reason for zabmaru to get so pissed

I don't need to be pissed to call a stupid person stupid. That's how I post.

#15 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

Homosexuality is wrong.

#16 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

DS doesn't have to reflect your real life you know? Oh das right I forgot this is SagaHarmony.

Post-script:
While playing DS i engaged in role reversal with my girlfriend, as she played a male character, and I the fair Harlequeen. It has carried over to real life and benefited our relationship greatly. I now wear the black lace-up stockings that she enjoys, and sold my soul to her black strap on.
Post post-script:
Guys I'm in a heterosexual marriage on game but I can't have kids in my home. I know I can get pets and share characters but I shouldn't have to compromise on things that are natural.

Edited by Jumpluffspore, 21 April 2012 - 04:39 PM.

#17 KonekoLynn

KonekoLynn

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

zabmaru you may think that I am stupid just because I am stubborn and want to stick up for what I think and feel, if you would think I am for that then your a fool and an idiot. And if you think my idea is stupid then you stated your opinion about my suggestion and can get on with your gaming.

Kazu371 you sure loves to troll.

Jumpluffspore this may not reflect real life or have to but this game could still be fair to all players,

:p_sleep:

#18 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

zabmaru you may think that I am stupid just because I am stubborn and want to stick up for what I think and feel, if you would think I am for that then your a fool and an idiot. And if you think my idea is stupid then you stated your opinion about my suggestion and can get on with your gaming.

Kazu371 you sure loves to troll.

Jumpluffspore this may not reflect real life or have to but this game could still be fair to all players,

:p_sleep:

In fact, I don't love it. I like to do it when people who are completely ignorant to any realm of normalcy and instead only believe in their narrow-minded opinions try to shove it down everyone else's throat. For the record, of course I don't believe homosexuality is wrong and yeah, it would be nice to have it in-game. We've gone over this a thousand times, though, and as painful as it is to say it, it would probably hurt the community more than help it. Any liberal-minded individual would say, "Sure, I support it," which is my stance on the subject--but such a system actually runs the risk of offending certain people. Any change that is so minor that it doesn't cause people to leave, but changing it would cause chance for people to leave and/or stay away, is not worth making.

I think it's ridiculous for anyone to say "Ew, homosexuality! I don't want to play this game." But you have to be realistic and realize there are thousands of people with this opinion [Who I would indeed love to "troll"]. But again, no marketing company in their right mind would ever want to try to appease everyone at the risk of driving certain people away, even in the interest of fairness. This is my opinion on the subject and, while I'm no expert on marketing, it's probably true enough that it's a large factor in the game's set-up on this.

#19 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

http://www.okcupid.c...s/<br /><br />There you go, problem solved.

#20 KonekoLynn

KonekoLynn

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

In fact, I don't love it. I like to do it when people who are completely ignorant to any realm of normalcy and instead only believe in their narrow-minded opinions try to shove it down everyone else's throat. For the record, of course I don't believe homosexuality is wrong and yeah, it would be nice to have it in-game. We've gone over this a thousand times, though, and as painful as it is to say it, it would probably hurt the community more than help it. Any liberal-minded individual would say, "Sure, I support it," which is my stance on the subject--but such a system actually runs the risk of offending certain people. Any change that is so minor that it doesn't cause people to leave, but changing it would cause chance for people to leave and/or stay away, is not worth making.

I think it's ridiculous for anyone to say "Ew, homosexuality! I don't want to play this game." But you have to be realistic and realize there are thousands of people with this opinion [Who I would indeed love to "troll"]. But again, no marketing company in their right mind would ever want to try to appease everyone at the risk of driving certain people away, even in the interest of fairness. This is my opinion on the subject and, while I'm no expert on marketing, it's probably true enough that it's a large factor in the game's set-up on this.

the ammount of people ur talking about is probly not as large as you think and if you look at Eden Eternal they added it in after a short bit and they stayed going strong for a long long time, if you think it would effect them in a bad way business wise then your wrong, games are going more and more that way because it doesn't effect buesness in a bad way but in a possitive way.

http://www.okcupid.c...s/<br /><br />There you go, problem solved.

-_- don't be a troll and i am not wanting the couple system to find a GF i already has one in RL, you peoples shouldn't think i ish trying to has this added for silly reasons like that.
she will start playing eventuilly wit me ands i woulds like it su we can be coupled >w< doubt will be added by then if they does add it

one reason we want it fair is it is one step closer to global accetence and equality. we shouldn't have to comprimise in rl or on games.

Edited by KonekoLynn, 27 April 2012 - 10:00 AM.

#21 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

It doesn't affect business in a positive way either they'd probably lose just as many ppl as they would gain. It goes both ways not just one.

#22 Albruna

Albruna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Wynn Ship

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

I honestly advise you to use a comprehenseable grammar at least, if you want to be taken somewhat seriously. It is a complete pain to read through your posts and makes me skip things you have to say. Call me ignorant on this, but I don't bother to read what is not readable.

As everyone already said, there are probably much more urgent things to be done in this game. For example, class balancing. This is not about losing or gaining people. I personally wouldn't mind same-sex couples, though I don't use the whole couple feature myself.

You seem to jump into a defensive state rather quickly, why is that? You have yet to mention any reasonable points, which would make this feature completely neccessary. In fact, I have known quite a few same-sex in-game couples as well, and not even ONE of them was completely outraged at the current situation and ragequit over it.

If you want your suggestion thread to be successful, read other peoples posts and acknowledge their points. Make constructive points. Usually, no one is going to rip your head of here if you suggest changes and new features. But it is the tone that makes the music, you see?

Also, mentioning other games on a game forum is usually a pretty bad idea.

Edited by Albruna, 27 April 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#23 KonekoLynn

KonekoLynn

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

I honestly advise you to use a comprehenseable grammar at least, if you want to be taken somewhat seriously. It is a complete pain to read through your posts and makes me skip things you have to say. Call me ignorant on this, but I don't bother to read what is not readable.

As everyone already said, there are probably much more urgent things to be done in this game. For example, class balancing. This is not about losing or gaining people. I personally wouldn't mind same-sex couples, though I don't use the whole couple feature myself.

You seem to jump into a defensive state rather quickly, why is that? You have yet to mention any reasonable points, which would make this feature completely neccessary. In fact, I have known quite a few same-sex in-game couples as well, and not even ONE of them was completely outraged at the current situation and ragequit over it.

If you want your suggestion thread to be successful, read other peoples posts and acknowledge their points. Make constructive points. Usually, no one is going to rip your head of here if you suggest changes and new features. But it is the tone that makes the music, you see?

Also, mentioning other games on a game forum is usually a pretty bad idea.

i don't mention other things they can add because i try and stick to one feture at a time, i would like to see other things too like maybe exp bouses for playing with the person ur coupled with and maybe the teliport scrolls back and other things but i am trying to stick to the point. and i do read and acknowledge what they say, i answer back with my points, like the programming point was made but i know it does not take near near as much programming as they beleive and it is minor changed mostly.

It doesn't affect business in a positive way either they'd probably lose just as many ppl as they would gain. It goes both ways not just one.

maybe. maybe not. only the gods know.

#24 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

i don't mention other things they can add because i try and stick to one feture at a time, i would like to see other things too like maybe exp bouses for playing with the person ur coupled with and maybe the teliport scrolls back and other things but i am trying to stick to the point. and i do read and acknowledge what they say, i answer back with my points, like the programming point was made but i know it does not take near near as much programming as they beleive and it is minor changed mostly.

Your points consist of:

A: "Look at X, X does it! You should too!"

B: "We shouldn't have to compromise!"

C: Baseless assumptions

These are terrible ways to try to back an argument. Just because a game does something, that doesn't mean every other game should have to drop everything in development and bend over backwards to match that other game. I like axe wielding classes in games. Should Dragon Saga immediately drop everything else and develop an axe class? Naw, son. Naw.
As for your second kind of point, that's not the way the world works. Compromise makes the world go 'round, and sometimes, we all don't get what we want, especially if it's a frivolous non-issue that one person cares about.
I also noticed that when presented with an argument, you'll often say "Yeah well, you have no backing, I say otherwise!" For instance, take the programming issue and your response. We say that it would be difficult for the developers to properly code the same-gender emotes, you say otherwise. Where are your credentials? What experience do you have with either coding in general or experience with the kind of hap-hazard coding we've experienced with Dragon Saga for years? In fact, just now, your response to Storm's latest post was "Maybe, maybe not". Are you suggesting we should just try it out randomly with no thought with the potential backlash it entails? We're not 70's Aperture Science here, we don't just throw science at the wall and see what sticks.

#25 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

Okay reasons why this thread is stupid:

You are not locked into the gender that you are-> make alternate gender character=> you are still coupled on dragon saga.

Do not bring up equality in dragon saga there's no interracial marriage between blacks/whites BECAUSE THERE ARE NO BLACKS

No one is being oppressed here.

Oh that's right. I forgot Dr. King protested for African Americans to be represented in every single MMO. Yep. Sure feeling the oppression. Continue on brave martyr.

I'd really not have them try and add same-sex coupling if it's going to quite possibly bug up coupling for everyone else.

Edited by Jumpluffspore, 27 April 2012 - 11:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users