Inaccurate in-game skill description - Confirmed bugs - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Inaccurate in-game skill description

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

Supposed to cure GX poisons, does not cure poison even at lvl 5

Edited by DrAzzy, 02 May 2012 - 09:48 AM.

#2 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

This is not a bug. Gentle Touch Cure changed with rebalancing patch.

#3 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

change txt to avoid misleading?@@

#4 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

https://docs.google....db-n3P8dWwMSJNY
Gentle Touch: Cure

Skill re-use Delay: (0.5 + 0.5 * Skill Level) seconds
Global Skill Delay: 1 second
HP recovery: Target’s Max HP [Skill Level] % + (Skill Level x 120)
Removes: Petrification / Frozen / Stun / Poison / Silence / Blind / Hallucination
Status effect removal chance: [(Skill Level x 5) + (Caster’s DEX + Caster’s Base Level) / 4] - (Random Number between 1 ~ 10) %

#5 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

lol? Im talking about in game text? in game should be more reliable than a site's description.....
thanks anyways...?
Why did I even bother posting -__-

Edited by Chipotle, 24 April 2012 - 08:39 AM.

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

I have to agree that they really need to change the in-game text of many skills to reflect their current effects. It's not as if we're going to get some kind of major Balance Patch for another 2000 years anyways.

#7 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

They also need to NOT label pre-reqs for classes that get the same skill but have different pre-req. I kept telling my freind he doesnt need Faith on his Acolyte to get Cure and Heal and he kept on telling me "Dude, it says right here that I need Faith."

I pretty much had to remind him that i've been playing the game for years and that Faith is a Crusader skill. Labeling the Pre-reqs for other classes is confusing to new players.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

The quality of ingame descriptions of skills and items is, generally, very poor. All the veterans know to never trust an item description, and never to even bother reading a skill description (why do that, when you can read it on iW and get a more accurate description, with the formula and such, on a window that isn't the size of a postage stamp).

There have been a few initiatives to have players proofread them, but they never seemed to get off the ground, not sure why.

Edited by DrAzzy, 24 April 2012 - 11:31 AM.

#9 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

irowiki description -____-

Using special pressure point techniques, you recover a target's HP and cure them of various status ailments. Skill level increases the probability of success.
The skill can recover you from Stone Curse, Frozen, Stun, Poison, Silence, Blind, Hallucination, Burning, Freezing, and Guillotine Cross poison statuses. Additionally you can cast this skill while under Stone Curse, Frozen, and Stun conditions on yourself or others.
Consumes 1 Spirit Sphere.

#10 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

irowiki description -____-

Using special pressure point techniques, you recover a target's HP and cure them of various status ailments. Skill level increases the probability of success.
The skill can recover you from Stone Curse, Frozen, Stun, Poison, Silence, Blind, Hallucination, Burning, Freezing, and Guillotine Cross poison statuses. Additionally you can cast this skill while under Stone Curse, Frozen, and Stun conditions on yourself or others.
Consumes 1 Spirit Sphere.

Please understand that the Irowiki description has not been updated to the Post-Balance Formulas that can be found here ^^.
Only few formulas have been updated on Irowiki, but not all sadly so as of yet the formulas on Irowiki are incorrect.

#11 LuxiLux

LuxiLux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

It's a wiki, update it yourself if you have a problem with lack of updates.

#12 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

Ragnarok doesn't have the population it used to have, so alot of people can't be arsed to update the wiki themselves if they see something wrong. And for those that do update the wiki, you can't be good in everything. So there are only updates by editors for what they are good at.

I'm purely a quest kinda guy so i have -_- exp as far as PVP and top tier classes go. So I wouldn't notice something wrong in those areas in the first place. On the other hand, if i see something wrong in the quests, then I do edit it because thats what I specialize in.

I would say, half of the Wiki is still stuck in Pre-renewal information. and there just isnt enough editors still to try and fix everything.

I keep telling my friend that while the Wiki is still better than the official Ragnarok website, he needs to take all the build information there with a grain of salt since alot of them have not been updated at all.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 24 April 2012 - 11:35 PM.

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

iW desc fixed - which any of you could have done yourselves.

I think the problem with the wiki is that the people who used to be the powerhouses of wiki updating have quit, and nobody else has stepped up.

#14 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

Please understand that the Irowiki description has not been updated to the Post-Balance Formulas that can be found here ^^.
Only few formulas have been updated on Irowiki, but not all sadly so as of yet the formulas on Irowiki are incorrect.

Do ppl not understand the point of this thread? Either bring back cure power(yea not happening), or fix the in game description. If people have to read up on sites what skills do, says alot about the game.

p.s: Are you for real? that description is the description in game, editing a wiki is not what im asking here rather change of text in game.

#15 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

The problem is that, sadly, editing in game text is not a high priority at all. Everyone knows how bad the in game text is for almost everything. Thats why WE HAVE to rely on external websites for proper formulas and tables.

Its not just the in-game text to, but even the offiiclal site has really bad and mis-leading info for newbies as well.

#16 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

There is simply no excuse for bad in game content imo, I would think this would be a high priority; instead of shelling out new patches, fix existing content. Hire interns to write out the new description and have the dev team implement it, start gathering input from the community of what needs to be updated if u really need help. I mean, the way things are now, it almost feels like a priest using Heal skill to resurrect someone, because the description reads , " help resurrect a fallen ally"

#17 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

In general - Inaccurate and incomplete descriptions are common in RO, due to the fact that it's written in korean, and then translated by people who don't play, and it seems that the GMs dont' even get accurate information about the way skills behave when they get a patch. If we listed every skill with a description that wasn't complete, that would be most of the skills in the game. There was some initiative a while back to improve that, but that didn't seem to come to fruition, unfortunately. All of these descs should be fixed, but we've all figured out that the chances of this happening are about zero.

Hardly anyone bothers reading ingame descriptions now. We have the wikis, and we have the google docs with the balance patch skill formulas in them, and we use those, because they are generally accurate, unlike the game descriptions. Item descriptions are dodgy too - use the wiki database for that too.

2) Yup, no icon it seems. Sadly, not uncommon. RK's Crush Strike doesn't have one, a fact which I find indescribably frustrating in woe. Not sure if there's a rhyme or reason to this, or just happenstance.

3) That's a rather large omission from the game description....

4) Huh? I can't parse that sentence.

5) See 1.

6) I think the debuff effect works, it's just that nobody uses it for that. Dismount chance is low single digit % by the way. Desc ought to be improved, but others are worse.

#18 LancesBabe

LancesBabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:45 AM

4 - cant have Song of Mana and Dances with Wargs active at the same time but can have Dances With Wargs and Saturday Night Fevor active at the same time...i dont know if the effects are stackable this is purely off the icons on the right side of the screen

6 - I use Gloomy for a debuff constantly since it sucks as a damage buff now except hundred spears... -40%ASPD is alot but when i use it on a GX or Ranger it seems they can still hit lock me with 193 ASPD in WoE or hit the Emperium with 193...

why arent they going to fix this stuff its really not that hard if they just stickyed a thread for each class and had people post there own findings on the crappy descriptions they would have to do 0 work,,,,just go threw and retype some stuff

shouldnt have to rely on broken wikis to figure out what your skills do thats the point of the game...i know iro Wiki is good, how you think ive gotten this far...but its info is incomplete and sometimes inaccurate

just think of how much more appealing the game would be...would be way more attractive with skill trees that looked professional instead of ones that are ugly and broken if you really are a moderator with a heart please push this is probally one of the most important fixes they could accomplish with minimal effort

Edited by LancesBabe, 22 May 2012 - 02:49 AM.

#19 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:09 AM

Broken class with too much bugs.

1 and 2 and 5- Never believe skill descriptions. They are ALWAYS outdated. For accurate info about the performer skills, see this link:

https://docs.google....UZA-SF_qEQZ8xHU

2- As in the link, both skills turned to debuffs on the balance patch. You will never see a icon on yourself. Both have the same success rate too.

3- Exactly, but... Last week a couple of performers was using SNF to kill people in Eden while the skill was bugged able to be useable in there. Fever is pretty much a WOE-only skill because it deters the targets from using items. Again the description is lacking, but a skill which deals 9999 on EVERYONE affected... and the skill affects EVERYONE on the aoe... Would be abused to kill people in eden or merchants, isn't it?

4- The document on the docs says this, may be easy to understand.

Categorized Wanderer/Maestro Songs into A and B group. Skills in the same group will overwrite each other. Skills in Group A and B can stack, meaning that they will not overwrite each other.

< Group A >
Swing Dance
Lover’s Symphony
Moonlight Serenade
Windmill Rush
Echo Song
Harmonize
<Skills in Group A will not stack; These skills will overwrite each other.>

< Group B > - These skills can only be removed by special skills.
Siren’s Voice
Deep Sleep Lullaby
Circling Nature
Gloomy Shyness
Song of Mana
Dance with Wargs
Saturday Night Fever
Lerard’s Dew
Sinking Melody
Warcry from Beyond
Unlimited Humming Voice

< Skills in B group can stack with A group. B group skills can only be removed through special skills such as Clearance, Howling of Lion, Sound of Destruction etc. >

6- Gloomy's ASPD decrease is accurate, I tested comparing it with Slow Grace, when I discovered they stopped stacking.

Those are not the only broken things on the class, there are like 5 more broken things. Like Severe Rainstorm's ridiculous damage formula which is NOT stated in the descriptions, Deep Sleep not saying anywhere INT resists the status (Actually, this is a clear bug, int should NEVER give Deep Sleep immunity), and a couple more. Not to say about the useless skills (Great Echo and it's 10s cooldown, reverb with the stupid activation area and split damage, Lerad's Dew giving a good HP for a... novice, and Infinite Humming. Don't even want to comment the amount of skill points required to get... 15 seconds of phen effect which does not EVEN work at WOE)

#20 LancesBabe

LancesBabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

I know i have done extensive research on my class i have read that stuff and all of it is not true we should not have to rely on external websites we sbould be able to decide from the descriptions

Sinking melody dose effect magic attack ive tested it with my warlock and the icon dosent show up on him its supposed to be a buff and a debuff that site only shows what has been changed according to patch notes it dosent show the full description

Gravity owes us to update the skill descriptions its that simple any one who argues differently is not looking out for the best intrests of this game

It would be easy to disable saturday nightnight fevor in town and eden and enable it in pvm maps anx it would be an awsome bot killer

And dances with watgs stacks with saturday night fevor this shows that thosemeens websites are inacurate

Edited by LancesBabe, 23 May 2012 - 07:37 AM.

#21 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

I did not tested the stacking by myself because hell, those cooldowns are stupid.

And by the way, this google docs thing is the official one. Any effect (in the game but) not listed in there can be considered a bug.

And descriptions. WHY NO UPDATE ALREADY? I just checked rainstorm's description and it's still stating the limited durations.

Actually iRO descriptions seem to be outdated even to pre-balance. Sinking and Warcry says they don't stack with each other, when they don't stack with any other skill. And something else the skill says is: "Affects everyone including the caster". But it does not. Affect only enemies at the moment.

Edited by asayuu, 23 May 2012 - 08:01 AM.

#22 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

The reason SNF is disabled on pvm maps is I'd use it to screw with giant fly wing turn in parties so hard lmao.

#23 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

The reason SNF is disabled on pvm maps is I'd use it to screw with giant fly wing turn in parties so hard lmao.

That's why it was disabled, Trolling is frowned upon, y'know.

Kept SNF PVP/WOE Only for a good reason.

#24 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

1) Skills with level-dependent range are currently bugged at less than their max level.

GMs are aware of the problem and have requested a fix from kRO.

2) You need the repair items in your inventory for repair to work.

You need: Repair Kit, Madogear fuel, and a Repair A/B/C depending on the skill level you're using.

#25 LancesBabe

LancesBabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

am i aloud to bump this? the skill descriptions are more important then anything else in this section -_-
WE DESERVE A GAME THATS CORRECT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users