Early Maintenance April 24th - Page 2 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Early Maintenance April 24th

• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#26 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

IRiS Hammer is going to return to be plain old Mighty Hammer, with zeny cost reimplemented for his upgrades.

• Looks like the voting is overwhelmingly in favor of "no vend" in Eden Group. So we will make the 1st floor No vend / but chats enabled (this includes kitchen), and upstairs will be fully vendable.
  • This maintenance isn't going to be a huge event changer because of vacations and the early maintenance, but gramps will have a new TI and it will offer zeny to VIP players.

This is backwards & a mistake imo. If you want to remove vending from a floor in Eden remove it from the 2nd Floor. There is hardly any room to vend in the first place on the 2nd Floor with all the NPC's you have so spread out up there.

You take away the vending from Eden & the 1st Floor, which for one makes it much easier for people to get to now instead of Prontera since it's a free warp & most people are always there anyways, then where is everyone supposed to go? Prontera only since that's the only other city that is setup & recognized by Ragail or will Ragail be fixed to recognize other cities? You're just going to make it worse in Prontera, for starters, by creating a worse lag then there already is & making it harder to move there, if you force all the vending from Eden.

Before getting rid of the vending trying solving the issue with the chat rooms instead & the AFK's...please.

#27 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Wait, is it the entire first floor? Or just the "Main Lobby"?

Because I still say, we should be able to vend in the empty room behind the blue door. So now would be a good time to force people in that room.

Granted, I will be sad that me and my guildmates can't use that as our special "Warp room" anymore.
Posted Image

#28 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Everyone is talking about "allowing" vending in that big empty room, but you know nobody is actually going to do it even if they allow it. There's 0 traffic to that room, so people will just go back to pront instead. Or go to eden 2.

#29 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

We will likely do a forced PW change soon for those that don't opt to change them now

This is -.-ing BS! I haven't had access to my email for a while. If there is a forced password change I will not be able to use my account anymore.

#30 celestience

celestience

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1080 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

instead of cancelling WOE, why not change the timing of the maintanence? :(

#31 Ruissu

Ruissu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Are you sure you wanna add zeny to TI? I mean it's like when income tax happens and/or minimum wage increases, since more ppl have more money prices for things go up; inflation at risk? lol

#32 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

Exactly...that's the point, people vend in Eden cause of how many people go through there. Lots of traffic = good sale business. It needs to go all back to south pront, end of discussion.

LMAO right... Then everyone would complain because there would be no room, not even between vendors in Prontera anymore at this rate.

It's obvious you don't vend either.

Keep an open mind about this people whether or not you vend. It's not just about the traffic in Eden. You can walk straight though & ignore the vendors if you aren't interested in buying anything, No one says you have to shop or buy anything. It's also convenient for other people & they like vendors being in Eden rather then Prontera.

This should have been discussed first before being put to a vote if you ask me. I don't think everyone took into consideration the pro's & con's to this & the alternatives or other options.

This was just decided in a week & it wasn't even one vote per account was it? I only voted once. I may have gotten around to voting with other characters had I know it was ending this fast. Especially since I guess I missed something because I didn't even see anything saying that the NPC had been added. I just happened to click on it one day & saw what it was. So I don't know when it was put in or how long it was there for but it didn't seem long.

I'm sure there are plenty of users that didn't even know about since lower level users those that can't use Dally Quen would never have even seen the NPC at all.

#33 oshiyo

oshiyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationHelheim
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

Please dear god don't allow the BOXES another week, the market has gotten to the point where high tier items are worth virtually tiny percentages of what their true value is.

#34 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

Wait, is it the entire first floor? Or just the "Main Lobby"?

Because I still say, we should be able to vend in the empty room behind the blue door. So now would be a good time to force people in that room.

Granted, I will be sad that me and my guildmates can't use that as our special "Warp room" anymore.
Posted Image

How about force the NON-Vendors into that room. Like the people that are AFK & the chat rooms or the guilds & others that are just visiting & can do that anyplace & any city???

#35 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

Early Maintenance 2-6pm on Tuesday 4/24.

Please change your Passwords, we are getting a greater than normal amount of "hack reports" and they all appear to be related to 1 gold selling ring. It is very likely that those that ever dealt with them, used a bot, went to a suspicious RO related website, shared information, or used a power leveling service are being hit currently. It is advised that if you ever did any of those things, or share your account information with anyone you should update your password NOW. We will likely do a forced PW change soon for those that don't opt to change them now because the amount of account sharing in RO almost renders 90+% of the server at risk.

Changed all my PWs just now coz I hate losing accts again bcoz of forced-PW-changes.. Thanks for this early info.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 23 April 2012 - 03:44 PM.

#36 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

Everyone is talking about "allowing" vending in that big empty room, but you know nobody is actually going to do it even if they allow it. There's 0 traffic to that room, so people will just go back to pront instead. Or go to eden 2.

Ditto! Let's go Vend in the Cafeteria... NOT!!!

The only ones coming up with these ideas are people that don't vend!

It's ridicules. Why don't we all Vend in the actual Equipment room with Thor? I bet we can fill that up in no time. Only problem is we can't buy while we are vending :heh:

#37 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

This is -.-ing BS! I haven't had access to my email for a while. If there is a forced password change I will not be able to use my account anymore.

y don't u just send in a ticket and change your email?

#38 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

easier said than done, u need fax and -_- i heard

#39 LiQin

LiQin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

so if we've never...

bought gold..
used a power leveling service...
botted...
gone to a suspicious ro website...
shared information...

then theres no reason to worry?

if so then koo im good

of course back in the day.. doing any of those would get you insta banned so its more their own fault really

Except I also did none of those and was still hacked. Heimdallr's listed the most likely reasons.

People are seeing 6 year old inactive account in the hands of the gold selling ring. So it's very possible that the latest DDoS attack allowed people to get your information. So I would suggest you change your password.

#40 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

this whole account hack mischief seems to be a very good opportunity to warn people not to use any third party programs, buy gold, power leveling and so on.

you should write a warning into the patcher. tell people that they do not only harm the game they like to play but also themselves by using such "services"

#41 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Knowing the Support team they would send a ticket back saying:
"We sent an email to your email with a guide on how to change the email address" (The email I can't use) I've sent a few tickets with responses that literally have NOTHING to do with what I said. It all depends on who reads your ticket and what they know and how much they are paying attention. Reading tickets must geat really boring for them and they might start to skim.

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 23 April 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#42 Ruissu

Ruissu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

This is backwards & a mistake imo. If you want to remove vending from a floor in Eden remove it from the 2nd Floor. There is hardly any room to vend in the first place on the 2nd Floor with all the NPC's you have so spread out up there.

You take away the vending from Eden & the 1st Floor, which for one makes it much easier for people to get to now instead of Prontera since it's a free warp & most people are always there anyways, then where is everyone supposed to go? Prontera only since that's the only other city that is setup & recognized by Ragail or will Ragail be fixed to recognize other cities? You're just going to make it worse in Prontera, for starters, by creating a worse lag then there already is & making it harder to move there, if you force all the vending from Eden.

Before getting rid of the vending trying solving the issue with the chat rooms instead & the AFK's...please.

Eden is a place for people to level
All the vends just get in the way

#43 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

About the eden group vends upstairs. We'll see how it goes, it is possible we will end up having to block it everywhere in the eden group.

If you are still leaving vending usable in eden group, please change the window Shopper catalogs to be usable on eden group too. Having the item disabled in the place where all merchants are, really defeats the purpose of the item :(

#44 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

Vending was on the ballot, not chats, more complaints on vending then chats.

Ragial is maintained outside of Gravity, vending is concentrated only in Eden and Pront (the bulk of it), having more cities would require the bot to warp there with zeny or be VIP. It is an aco bot and can do warp portal but the towns would be limited.

Write into support and explain your situation to get a mail change and create a temp mail for now.

instead of cancelling WOE, why not change the timing of the maintanence? :(

Heim is having to prep maint tonight instead of Holden as well as the stuff that will happen to WP due to the breach.

LMAO right... Then everyone would complain because there would be no room, not even between vendors in Prontera anymore at this rate.

It's obvious you don't vend either.

Keep an open mind about this people whether or not you vend. It's not just about the traffic in Eden. You can walk straight though & ignore the vendors if you aren't interested in buying anything, No one says you have to shop or buy anything. It's also convenient for other people & they like vendors being in Eden rather then Prontera.

This should have been discussed first before being put to a vote if you ask me. I don't think everyone took into consideration the pro's & con's to this & the alternatives or other options.

This was just decided in a week & it wasn't even one vote per account was it? I only voted once. I may have gotten around to voting with other characters had I know it was ending this fast. Especially since I guess I missed something because I didn't even see anything saying that the NPC had been added. I just happened to click on it one day & saw what it was. So I don't know when it was put in or how long it was there for but it didn't seem long.

I'm sure there are plenty of users that didn't even know about since lower level users those that can't use Dally Quen would never have even seen the NPC at all.

What pros and cons do you speak of? It was discussed for a while on the forums in many topics.

#45 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

Eden is a place for people to level
All the vends just get in the way

You don't actually level in Eden. You receive quests in Eden in which to level by but those you have to do elsewhere & when you are done you return to certain NPC's for EXP, etc...

The vending doesn't effect this since it is setup so that vendors can't be within 3 spaces of any NPC however it's everyone that is causing the problems & making it appear as though it's the vendors to blame. For instance the Gramps TI's creates a lot of traffic & chat rooms which people set up or just sit & wait constantly blocking "Sparkle" for example.
Anyone else other then a vendor can stand wherever they want to & go afk there too for as long as they choose. It's those people that are the real cause of the problems in Eden & not the vendors as people seem to want to blame so quickly. At least we are setup in an organized fashion. All together in a group & row.

#46 swildturkey

swildturkey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow
  • Server:iRO

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

In my opinion as a vendor, no vends in Eden is a good thing. This will redirect all potential costumers to one spot (say, Prontera) instead of split between Eden and Prontera. When people want to look specifically for something they will use Ragial, if they just want to browse around, they can just go there and shop.

Let's just hope it'll be something like this:

<Inu: Please do not post images of P.Servers>

And not like this:
Posted Image

Edited by Inubashiri, 23 April 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#47 Dwiverson

Dwiverson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTerra-Cotta Haven
  • Server:Chaos/Classic

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

It is advised that if you ever did any of those things, or share your account information with anyone you should update your password NOW.

My accounts are safe, 1 because only I play them and I don't do those things.

But anyone that shares accounts with another person, or even plays from more than their Home PC may be at risk due to the keylogging stuff that goes on now adays.

I just want to make sure.
Heim said "My accounts are safe, 1 because only I play them and I don't do those things."

So if i never share my account information to any websites (beside warpportal.com), never share account to others, only play on my laptop at home, just like Heim did, do i still have to change passwords too?

Or forced PW change is occurred for every accounts that exist? Something related to DDoS attack?

#48 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

If your talking about Prontera it will be more like the 2nd. I don't know where you've seen the 1st one at & who the heck wants to browse around & shop through 100's of thousands of peoples shops?

They don't that's the whole point of Ragail or Bargain Hunters Catalog, so you can look up who has what you want.

Edited by Razzez, 23 April 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#49 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

People are seeing 6 year old inactive account in the hands of the gold selling ring. So it's very possible that the latest DDoS attack allowed people to get your information. So I would suggest you change your password.

Actually no we aren't seeing such accounts. If you have an example of this we would love to talk to you because we are trying to isolate what site/program is the link we need to look for. The DDOS at the login was not a bruteforce attack, we were concerned at that as well and was checked on from day 1. We are still investigating the where and how so we can be better prepared to assist players. But at this time we are being overly cautious and jumping to the final protection of update your user name PW for safety sake.

#50 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

If your talking about Prontera it will be more like the 2nd. I don't know where you've seen the 1st one at & who the heck wants to browse around & shop through 100's of thousands of peoples shops?

They don't that's the whole point of Ragail or Bargain Hunters Catalog, so you can look up who has what you want.

Actually, i'm willing to bet thats a private server.

I will admit to playing my fair share of private servers and I noticed 1 trend from all of them.

There is an ENFORCED rule of only vending on sidewalks and vending in a straight line. Anyone caught not vending like that gets immedialtly disconnected from the game and sometimes, repeat offenders ever get a temp ban.

I've only played 1 Private server that didn't have a "Rule" but on the main page, it did say "We would appreciate it if people only vend on sidewalks" and thus, people actually did. There were only a couple of vendors that would vend out in the open middle of the streets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users