102 replies to this topic

#1 Stach

Stach

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

Even when the Game Arena was reduced to 12 people per team, we, the Leonis server, can't manage to get 24 people to queue up. The number of players are declining rapidly and the people who still play rose can't enjoy any of the new features of the Game Arena. So if we can't experience the Game Arena, then what is there to do in Rose? Can anyone from the Gravity Team give us a timeline or tell us what's to come in the future? Is there a future?

#2 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

If you're having a problem getting a game started in leo.. maaaaaaaaan you should see draco.

#3 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

Even when the Game Arena was reduced to 12 people per team, we, the Leonis server, can't manage to get 24 people to queue up. The number of players are declining rapidly and the people who still play rose can't enjoy any of the new features of the Game Arena. So if we can't experience the Game Arena, then what is there to do in Rose? Can anyone from the Gravity Team give us a timeline or tell us what's to come in the future? Is there a future?

try to gather your clanmates and friends to sign up..spam trade/shout for invitation its worth trying (worked most of the time) if you have significant numbers on your clan it will give a boost to start game arena easily...theres a lot of players in leonis compared to draco maybe timezone constraint...i think your right a lot of players are not so interested on garena as what they've experienced lately hopefully they can fix it soon... :)

#4 Cutiieee

Cutiieee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

To be fair, it is a weekday in the middle of the day. I saw no difference between now and when Uw was still there except for all those leecher (thus making it look more populated?)

But who knows, maybe what you said is true.

and do what kumpiakot said.

Edited by Cutiieee, 25 April 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#5 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

The main concern is the last war we just had on Leonis server.

True that the game did start without having the full 30 players, we had 27 in all.

However the main problem is that one side was 15, whilst the other side only had the minimum of 12 players.
Is there any way to get an auto-balancing to make teams even?
Personally the last war, the team with 15 had 3 more clerics, which is a huge advantage.

#6 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia
  • Server:Best Artisan in the world

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

It's a Wednesday. Mommies and daddies don't let children on the computer until Friday.

#7 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

It's a Wednesday. Mommies and daddies don't let children on the computer until Friday.

Nice one, probably for those still schooling, and now everyone in school is having exams!

#8 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia
  • Server:Best Artisan in the world

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Nice one, probably for those still schooling, and now everyone in school is having exams!

Finals and exams, yeah. I remember when I had to do those! Hahaha.. Yesterday.

#9 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

In my morning time (mountain time), the games start one after the other with no problem getting in at all. I think US people just aren't going as much as others. Just give a few weeks to the pessimistic people who haven't started doing the arena yet. They will realize they are missing out on the fun and will gradually start going.

#10 Stach

Stach

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

Even though it's a weekday, i don't think that's the case. Couple of years ago, wasn't the population a lot bigger even on weekdays? @kumpiakot, I don't think spamming trade will help out as much. Yes, it's a good suggestion; however, majority of the server afk's selling items. I'm in school as well. When i do have down time, I come on to play a couple of Game Arenas. I can't spam trade chat for hours trying to find people to play Game Arena. People might start to block my messges if I spammed trade chat :P. @SunFlowerGirl, All of my classes are during the morning to mid day so i don't have time to log on to play. So maybe it's just the time i log on =/

Edited by Stach, 25 April 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#11 xSweetHeartx

xSweetHeartx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

I agree with Sun. there is always CD games during my evening/night time but during day time, its kinda rare :x But once again its new so make take time before alot of people joined.

#12 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

I was online for half an hour today and I got to do 2...if you don't even try to gather people for it, why do you blame them...

#13 Stach

Stach

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

@Gojio, I'm not blaming anyone. I just think that it shouldn't be a struggle just to get 24 people to play a Game Arena. People should be willing to play instead of others spamming trade and begging others to join the queue just to start a game.

#14 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPhilippines, Earth
  • Server:Arua

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

How many games can run concurrently with the system they have in place?

#15 Cutiieee

Cutiieee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

@Gojio, I'm not blaming anyone. I just think that it shouldn't be a struggle just to get 24 people to play a Game Arena. People should be willing to play instead of others spamming trade and begging others to join the queue just to start a game.

I think of it as letting other people know that there are people interested in starting a game, more so than what you said.

#16 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

How many games can run concurrently with the system they have in place?

There's no upper limit, instances are created based on demand. The catch is that in order for another game to be created, the previous game must have started, which increases the queueing time a little, especially for full groups waiting ready to join. I'll be making some adjustments to the queueing system this week to try to alleviate the wait time a little for those cases.

Edited by Genesis, 25 April 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#17 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

Ah, so it's an instancing system. It's sad, though, that even with the infrastructure and resources in place, you're not able to test the system's full potential. Getting games to run back-to-back successively is already quite the chore.

#18 shokwavez

shokwavez

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationOn the mat
  • Server:LEONIS

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

I suggested having a team auto-balance way back in the proposals. And Genesis confirmed that there will be some kind of team balance that the game arena would begin once teams have been distributed, and if a member happens to leave the game would immediately go back into a queued state.

This shouldn't be an issue with the Game Arena update, as it guarantees that the queue contains a minimum number of players on each team who are logged in and have accepted the confirmation to join the game once the queue has reached the threshold. If players happen to leave during that time, the game will go back into a queued state until the minimum threshold has been met again.

Only thing I can think about now giving how the current state of the game arena, is to have an auto team balance just like the game Counter Strike. For those that don't know about counter strike the team balance would work like this:
- Initially with a fresh game, players would join either Terrorist or Counter-Terrorist team. (Defender or Attacker)
- Now IF there were early birds that have joined ahead of time they'll be able to have dibs on which team to be in.

For Example:
Let's say 4 players join terrorist team. This would then leave the future joining players to only be able to join the counter-terrorist team in order to "balance" the teams.

- So now it's a 4v4 and the teams are balanced right?
- What if say, after a few "rounds" (dieing/respawning). Two players from counter-terrorist side decides to give up and they leave the game. This will then be a 4v2.
- Now for the team with 4 players on the Terrorist (Defending) side , how about this for balancing Crystal Defenders:

*The next person on the Terrorist (Defenders) team to die would then have to be transferred over to the Counter-Terrorist (Attacking) team - resulting in a 3v3.
*But let's say no one dies on the Terrorist (Defenders) team because they have really experienced players. How counter strike would work this out is it would bring over a random player to the other side by the end of the round anyway.

How it would work for Crystal Defenders is maybe once teams are for example 4v2, to have like a mini announcement on top of the stacked team with the 4 players notifying them that within a certain time frame (maybe 10-15 sec) a random player would be switched over to making it 3v3.

Any thoughts?

#19 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

Well, if the notion of team balancing is to be believed, then instances that have played out before should not have had occurrences of teams having no clerics at all, while others would have two or three. But it all pans out in implementation.

I heard that before the first crystal is destroyed, players queued up after the instance started could get in - provided, of course, that a vacancy needs to be filled (e.g., a team member disconnected due to the undeniable reliability of the client). Perhaps this is the balancing mechanism that they've implemented?

#20 shokwavez

shokwavez

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationOn the mat

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Yea it seems like that's how the balancing is working now. But that's if there's even a player to fill in that vacancy, which in small cases there aren't enough players to go around (regarding time zones).

#21 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

But that's if there's even a player to fill in that vacancy, which in small cases there aren't enough players to go around (regarding time zones).

In truth, a quick look-see in Junon would indicate there's at least enough people to have 2 games running concurrently. 60 people. Some would rather vend or shop or chat or walk around aimlessly or stand still indefinitely than enter the Game Arena. Or some just don't know about the Game Arena. Or people have already tasted what Crystal Defenders offers, and have not been convinced to return to it at all.

All in all, failure to get decent games running continuously is a combination of reasons, however bad or good you might see it as.

But the end result, of course, suggests that perhaps ROSE Online is not PVP driven after all, as some would claim it to be.

#22 shokwavez

shokwavez

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationOn the mat

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Yea what you say is true. I should of been specific. But when I say theres not enough players to go around I'm saying the community isnt motivated to play at all. Thus, the auto balance with the current players that do participate would be best.

#23 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

I think one of the problems might be those signing up with larger groups, but not large enough for a full team. If 9 are in one group, 8 in another, 9 in another, 7 in another then there is no combination of 15 to form one group. So until enough singles sign up or small groups to make 12-15 the game won't go. A full group of 12 or 15 would start one side but the other is still a problem. Maybe people have to still sign up single or in smaller groups to make it easier to reach 12.

And for balancing, if you are in a group of 12 clannies or friends how would you suggest they split that up to help balance the other side? Would you suggest the game randomly takes you out of the group and puts you on the other side? People would rage about that. I still think people should sign up on small groups maybe or single. Might make the games go more often.

But there are times where there are not enough people on or signed up. Those times are like when UW were around and a UW did not go or was all leechers. We need to recruit more players to Rose!!! Talk to the old players you know that have left, tell them arena is fun and they should come back, etc.

#24 johniscu

johniscu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Server:leonis

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

Its fine how it is stop complaining people sign up with people you know if you dont know anyone take your time to introduce urself to a group of people. I dont see what all the ranting and semi raging is all about me and my clannies are doing perfeclty fine with this new Game Arena.

#25 ChupaChupsJr

ChupaChupsJr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:44 AM

UW is better! just bring it back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users