#52 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

I think bringing back UW to the game would boost Crystal Defender alot as well. I thought CD was a means to spend your waiting for UW were you planned to hold UW less often. Without UW people doesn't have a specific time to be online so it happens less often that a large enough group get together and actually are able to form groups of 15. If they had UW every 3rd or 4th hour they would have a reason tog et on and would spend the waiting time (if they logged in early as most do) to play game arena and then hang around after the UW to play Game Arena only to realise that UW starts soon, let's play some more GA while waiting.

Suggestion is to bring back UW to the game with the sign up from Game Arena so we don't have any leechers or boosters. Every 4th hour a UW will start with the members that signed up (no matter how few/many).

And can it be fixed so that people who share connection can somewhat be granted permission to play 2 characters from the same IP (thinking of players such as Naughty and Coffee).

Lastly, cut the points gained from healing the crystal in half? Far too easy gaining points as a cleric as it is (playing cleric myself).

#53 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

And can it be fixed so that people who share connection can somewhat be granted permission to play 2 characters from the same IP (thinking of players such as Naughty and Coffee).

I know Coffee wont mind me saying this...One, because its true and two, because he is locked in the shed and cant come to the computer right now :P

I appreciate you thinking of us Midnight. Truth be told, i am still flabbergasted, that this has even been implemented and that i have been affected by it.
I know my name is Naughty, but it is simply not true. Im a good girl i is....honest!

#54 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

They should indicate as well the crystal's proximity by placing in a non-intrusive circular border of some sort inside the map so that it would be easier to identify if one is still attacking inside the crystal's proximity and outside.

#55 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

I think the problem of bringing union war back as it was would defeat the purpose of the game arena. GA was brought out because of the cons of the union war, so bringing it back as it was would still mean having the same issues as before. Now the GA is here though they could bring back union war within the GA which could fix the issues we had before like the inbalanced wars. So for example if 40 people signed up side A and 30 on side B then it should pick the first 30 people who signed up on side A first to join the war that way the war would be balanced. Also with the new game CD and i'm sure other games that will come out the union wars should be less frequent then they were like midnight said like every 4 hours or so would be suitable as there would be other games to play in between the UW Matches.

Bringing the union war back within the game arena would make more balanced wars due to the queuing system to make teams even and with the point system which would stop people from leeching.

I don't have an issue with CD, I find it enjoyable, Its more of a case of get buffed get out there and fight, more team work involved and the fact you don't have to mess around with the million buff sets you have. UW would be a good idea to bring back for the people that don't enjoy that and like to use all their buff sets/ buff potions. I don't see why every game has to have the same restrictions, Keep CD as it is, maybe change the spawn area's to add a turret to stop spawn camping but other then that it's great. Add UW back with different restrictions then CD so lets be able to use craftable potions and such, have it at set times, This way it gives the individual to have use of buff sets but not have it required in every game.

Also I agree with Naughty, having a restriction of people using the same IP address is unnecessary with this point system isn't it? You can't gain any points without doing anything so why would you join up with more then one character, I'd say increase the number to 2-4 or something and see how it plays out, see if people try to leech but I can't see that there would be a problem increasing the number your allowed.

Edited by Lybis, 30 April 2012 - 08:30 AM.

#56 Cutiieee

Cutiieee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

Also I agree with Naughty, having a restriction of people using the same IP address is unnecessary with this point system isn't it? You can't gain any points without doing anything so why would you join up with more then one character, I'd say increase the number to 2-4 or something and see how it plays out, see if people try to leech but I can't see that there would be a problem increasing the number your allowed.

it is possible to abuse this.. ppl can force start games. and with 2 characters one can heal and other can continuously melee => endless points until game is over

#57 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

it is possible to abuse this.. ppl can force start games. and with 2 characters one can heal and other can continuously melee => endless points until game is over

Its not endless points cuz there is max amount.
And anyway, this abuse can be used in CD as well, no?

#58 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:42 AM

Yeah, it's possible to use 2 laptops with 2 different kind of Internet connections, at least feasible for me, one desktop with fibre optics Internet, one laptop using fibre optics home wireless broadband!

#59 RagingHormones

RagingHormones

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 733 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

I think Leonis just had their first 2 simultaneous CD games! Didn't know that could happen.

#60 Cutiieee

Cutiieee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:08 PM

Its not endless points cuz there is max amount.
And anyway, this abuse can be used in CD as well, no?

I guess... its limited per game but if people can force games, then that will lead to endless points.

#61 captainpilyo

captainpilyo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

I think Leonis just had their first 2 simultaneous CD games! Didn't know that could happen.

very nice. i hope that continues.

as far as draco goes. we had only 2 CD the whole day so far. we are getting 24 players but its not starting. we even get 27 at one points and it did not start, until some of them decided to leave Q. now. Q is back to 24 people and not starting. :)

#62 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

I like CD better than UW, especially once a few of the bugs are fixed. I think that at this point you could probably get rid of the IP ban. I think it was put in place to discourage leechers, but if someone decides to leech then I think at this point they would be killed by the spawn killers or could be kicked from the group. Maybe there is a way to allow the same IP in the arena but make sure they are not the group leader. That way, if it is someone's cleric just standing at the spawn to buff one char or a leecher then they could be kicked. It might be worth a try.

I also think that once players understand how to play the arena things will get better. So many ppl feel they NEED their buff sets and insist on trying to get buffed with sets. But in the heat of action it is really hard to buff ppl with buff sets. If few ppl are using buff sets then you are all the same, no advantage of buff sets. People need to learn how to fight a different way is all. They need to look out for themselves (HP/MP pots), learn to back up sometimes and find the cleric for heals or to get out of the fighting to heal up, learn to protect the clerics and other support classes like the artie, learn the map better and figure out the strategic places to hide, fight from, etc. I think with time and once some of the bugs are fixed (buff bug, stun/skill bug, etc) things will be better.

#63 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

This is PvP. Kill or be Killed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFvl9lt5PlQ&feature=youtu.be

#64 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

Spawn Killing is all in your head sir.

#65 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

I made a whole post about that one Phish. That was rediculous and in talking to people after they said well Cal and Gen said its a pvp zone so its not spawn killing. I don't think the game of Rose is as broken as some of the people are.

#66 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

I made a whole post about that one Phish. That was rediculous and in talking to people after they said well Cal and Gen said its a pvp zone so its not spawn killing. I don't think the game of Rose is as broken as some of the people are.

Still like CD better? Lol. A game should be designed taking into account how people act. This was not.

#67 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Also starting to take notice to how the game fills up--It fills up one team first..and then gives the other 12 people and starts it.

So 24 people are needed to offer the game to people, but it doesn't actually start until there are a minimum of 27 people(sorry draco!). And if you only have 27 people--you better be ready for uneven teams.

#68 MrFantasmo

MrFantasmo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 631 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

Hmm I think I counted 15 bugs in one game...

#69 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

Was it a short game?

#70 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

Also starting to take notice to how the game fills up--It fills up one team first..and then gives the other 12 people and starts it.

So 24 people are needed to offer the game to people, but it doesn't actually start until there are a minimum of 27 people(sorry draco!). And if you only have 27 people--you better be ready for uneven teams.

I think the group of 15 signs up as a group of 15. Then the queue tries to build another team.

The devs should be putting time into developing the next PVP game or dungeon. They should not have to redesign the arena just because people are broken. But now they will have to spend the next few weeks trying to put up blocks so that the idiots won't destroy the game for those that want to play and have fun.

#71 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

I think the group of 15 signs up as a group of 15. Then the queue tries to build another team.

The devs should be putting time into developing the next PVP game or dungeon. They should not have to redesign the arena just because people are broken. But now they will have to spend the next few weeks trying to put up blocks so that the idiots won't destroy the game for those that want to play and have fun.

I Think not. I was watching the -snapshots' if it signed up as a group of fifteen it would have been automatic fifteen on the picture..not 13..12..14...13...15...

People are not broken, the arena is broken. People are the same as they have been for a very long time. Come back from the land of my little ponies and carebears darling. We're not all holding hands and frolicking about like the dev's think we are. People are mean. Its not a sudden new trait that these people picked up---And if they were not sure they were mean, they should have gathered from their login patch mess-up when people were screwing with other's accounts..That should have been a clear indicator.

#72 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

I noticed that too. Instead it should fill up 12 for both sides, wait 5 minutes, if there are no more people joining start the game.

#73 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:45 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFvl9lt5PlQ&feature=youtu.be

I think the mindset of players from Leo is different from Draconis, due to too many players there already, I do think players from Draconis are more chill when it comes to the crystal defender, but there surely got some jerks, and wouldn't be as much as Leo.

#74 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:22 AM

Here comes again the "I think people from Draconis are nicer and friendly"...
People only act nice to each other when everyone is new to the server, but this isn't the case anymore, Draconis is at least 1 year old and stuff. The only explanation that you might see people nicer on Draconis is because their population is dropping XD, both Leonis and Draconis are played by human being after all. But I do see people on Draconis feel special about themselves though due to they are being the miniority.

"Draconis pride!" "Draconis rulez!"

But you never see people on Leonis say the same thing... :lol:

#75 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

Here comes again the "I think people from Draconis are nicer and friendly"...
People only act nice to each other when everyone is new to the server, but this isn't the case anymore, Draconis is at least 1 year old and stuff. The only explanation that you might see people nicer on Draconis is because their population is dropping XD, both Leonis and Draconis are played by human being after all. But I do see people on Draconis feel special about themselves though due to they are being the miniority.

"Draconis pride!" "Draconis rulez!"

But you never see people on Leonis say the same thing... :lol:

LOL +1.

I like how not even a week ago, draco members were crying about some guy AoEing on the Gate crashers and insulting each other both on forums and in-game.

"Nicer server" my butt. People are people. Draco is nicer because the noobs who joined Draconis first didn't know Leonis is the main server.

And whether or not it is Draconis or Leonis, ROSE Online has always been like this. Even in iROSE people had to compete with total asses, scammers, hackers, etc.

Draconis isn't a paradise island. It's a deserted town.

Leonis doesn't need to scream Leo Pride or anything, since we knew from the beginning, we'd survive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users