Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

Facebook 10k Likes Event
  • As we get closer to reaching 10k likes on Facebook, we have a few events that will be going on.
  • Thanks for everyone who shared ROSE with their friends to help us unlock the "Thumbs Up! T-Shirt".
  • Players can obtain the T-Shirt by completing an event style quest from [Designer] Lisa in Junon Polis.
  • Quest Level Restriction: 100
  • No preview of the item will be given, you will have to find out in-game!
  • Only one shirt can be obtained per character
Item Mall Update
  • Added Ancient Headdress to the Item Mall 300 Pts
Attached File  persianHat_female.jpg   55.85KB   24 downloads

Ballroom Event
  • Ballroom Event will continue again this weekend (Friday through Monday)
  • Players no longer have to kill the Duke in order to continue with the quest, 5 Lacrima will allow you to obtain the Emblem of the True Hero.
  • Players now need to be level 75 or higher to obtain the Felice Party Wear.
  • Increased the number of Gate Crashers that spawn, and expanded their spawn range to prevent those nasty AOE spinners.
  • Players can now escalate the event by purchasing items, no longer do you have to only exchange Lacrima to escalate, but the purchase of Dance Scrolls or Outfits will also increase the rate for which Duke and the Gate Crashers spawn.
  • Felice will now give a holler when the Grand Duke spawns so players will no it's time to end his tyranny. We have also added a fail-safe for her to unlock the ballroom after a set amount of time in case the event "freezes" again.
Game Arena
  • Groups are no longer merged together visually until both teams are complete, this will prevent players from jumping out of a group to try and get in the other group if they are not happy with their team makeup.
  • Optimized the forming of groups to help balance the 2 groups for a match.
  • Increased the threshold for earning points by healing, this will increase the challenge for Clerics to earn points.
  • Increased the DEF and MDEF of the Sunset and Dusk Crystals.
Bug Fixes
  • When a match completes the game arena groups were not always disbanding, this has been improved upon.
  • Fixed a bug where when a player disconnects their spot on the team was not being held, players should be able to reconnect to the same match/team upon logging back in for most cases.
  • Removed some deprecated Union War code from [Akram Minister] Aldaric's dialog and Valor Ticket quests.
  • Equipment found in NPC Sell Shops had PvM Bonuses on them, this was removed as there is no intention for NPC Sold Equipment to carry any bonuses.
  • Corrected the Disassemble of the following items
  • Ice Spirit Backpack
  • Curious Backpack
  • Insane Shaman Backpack
  • Mammy Queen Backpack

*Development Notes*

Here are some of the things being worked on over the next month.
  • Friends List
    • This sadly has been delayed, we have new staff and training them has slowed us down the last few weeks.
    • We have also had to spend some time fixing some issues with the Game Arena that first week which delayed work on the Friends List as well.
    • ETA is 15th
  • Game Arena
    • We are doing some smaller tweaks and updates while working on migrating the Cave of Ulverick over during this month.
    • We will also be working to update and migrate the Oblivion Rooms over to the Game Arena as well (ETA isn't set)
  • Stat/Skill Balance & Update
    • The goal is to be testing the last half of the month and update when its ready.
  • New Project
    • We have a new project we are working on, something new for ROSE.
    • With our hiring complete we are working towards an update Mid-Late June to expand the ROSE story!
    • I will try and get some sneak peaks out during the month if I can get my hands on them.

#2 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

*Development Notes*

• Friends List
    • This sadly has been delayed, we have new staff and training them has slowed us down the last few weeks.
    • We have also had to spend some time fixing some issues with the Game Arena that first week which delayed work on the Friends List as well.
    • ETA is 15th
  • Game Arena
    • We are doing some smaller tweaks and updates while working on migrating the Cave of Ulverick over during this month.
    • We will also be working to update and migrate the Oblivion Rooms over to the Game Arena as well (ETA isn't set)
    • The goal is to be testing the last half of the month and update when its ready.
  • New Project
    • With our hiring complete we are working towards an update Mid-Late June to expand the ROSE story!
    • I will try and get some sneak peaks out during the month if I can get my hands on them.

That one sentence is the best thing I have ever read about future things so far. About time there's a bigger team, this will surely improve the speed of development.
Really interested in the new project you'll be working on, and the game arena getting more games is very good too.

Also, good job on the ballroom event adjustments, and bug fixes are always welcome!

Edited by jerremy, 01 May 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#3 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

Glad to see ROSE online is finally developing again.

#4 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

Facebook 10k Likes Event

• As we get closer to reaching 10k likes on Facebook, we have a few events that will be going on.
  • Thanks for everyone who shared ROSE with their friends to help us unlock the "Thumbs Up! T-Shirt".
  • Players can obtain the T-Shirt by completing an event style quest from [Designer] Lisa in Junon Polis.
Ballroom Event
  • Ballroom Event will continue again this weekend (Friday through Monday)
  • Players no longer have to kill the Duke in order to continue with the quest, 5 Lacrima will allow you to obtain the Emblem of the True Hero.
  • Players now need to be level 75 or higher to obtain the Felice Party Wear.
  • Increased the number of Gate Crashers that spawn, and expanded their spawn range to prevent those nasty AOE spinners.
  • Players can now escalate the event by purchasing items, no longer do you have to only exchange Lacrima to escalate, but the purchase of Dance Scrolls or Outfits will also increase the rate for which Duke and the Gate Crashers spawn.
  • Felice will now give a holler when the Grand Duke spawns so players will no it's time to end his tyranny. We have also added a fail-safe for her to unlock the ballroom after a set amount of time in case the event "freezes" again.
Game Arena
  • Groups are no longer merged together visually until both teams are complete, this will prevent players from jumping out of a group to try and get in the other group if they are not happy with their team makeup.
  • Increased the threshold for earning points by healing, this will increase the challenge for Clerics to earn points.
Bug Fixes
  • When a match completes the game arena groups were not always disbanding, this has been improved upon.
  • Fixed a bug where when a player disconnects their spot on the team was not being held, players should be able to reconnect to the same match/team upon logging back in for most cases.
  • Removed some deprecated Union War code from [Akram Minister] Aldaric's dialog and Valor Ticket quests.
  • Equipment found in NPC Sell Shops had PvM Bonuses on them, this was removed as there is no intention for NPC Sold Equipment to carry any bonuses.
  • Corrected the Disassemble of the following items
  • Ice Spirit Backpack
  • Curious Backpack
  • Insane Shaman Backpack
  • Mammy Queen Backpack

*Development Notes*

• Friends List
    • ETA is 15th
  • Game Arena
  • New Project

Nice update, great to hear that the new things will be coming soon, 3rd class? 220 gears? 5th planet? Open up level to 250?

#5 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

Game Arena

Bug Fixes

So.. Basically---You're encouraging me to form the op groups I've been avoiding doing because I thought it would be really unfair--Because there are some times I'll try to jump teams to play with a friend..not necessarily because I think the group sucks..and you're forcing me to play with people I may not want to play with--I see how this really enhances our game play.

A few of the bug fixes were good, so good job on that one.. It will be good to log back in when I'm trosed to the same team and not the opposite side---Will it still reset our points? It seems like it does that.

Also..is there any ETA on when you might deal with the whole spawn camping thing--Or are you going to totally pin this on players and ignore the fact that it is a problem.

#6 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

Nice update, great to hear that the new things will be coming soon, 3rd class? 220 gears? 5th planet? Open up level to 250?

That's for them to know, and us to find out when they come with this so called 'new project' in late june!

#7 CoolCat420

CoolCat420

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

Not a bad patch. Iäm glad to see the Ballroom event extended. I am looking forward to seeing how the new hired people help make ROSE a better game.
  • New Project
I am 100% looking forward to seeing how this goes. If this means New Planet, New Lvl cap, then I am a little excited :ok:

#8 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

So Cave of Ulverick and Oblivion Raid Rooms are goint to be the maps for the Dungeon (PvM) part of the Game Arena?

#9 Howie

Howie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

[*]I will try and get some sneak peaks out during the month if I can get my hands on them.

Get your hands on them! All up on them! :D

#10 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

Also..is there any ETA on when you might deal with the whole spawn camping thing--Or are you going to totally pin this on players and ignore the fact that it is a problem.

I remember a post of genesis acknowledging it is partly a development problem, so i guess they won't leave it totally on the side and pin it on the players.

Found it

The spawn killing issue is not just a deficiency with the design of the map, it's also a mentality that you (the players) have created and become used to participating in when you decide to leave the vicinity of the crystal you are supposed to be defending specifically to prevent the attackers from being able to move from their respawn area. The other aspect of that mentality is when the players who are being spawn camped don't even attempt (some do, the majority don't) to run or move out of the way of the players who are attacking the general vicinity, even when the respawn area has no bottlenecks to prevent them from running away.

We can try to alleviate some of the issues which contribute to spawn killing, but you as a community must get into the right mindset and define what is acceptable or unacceptable behavior - we as a development team can never fix that aspect.

Edited by jerremy, 01 May 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#11 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

So Cave of Ulverick and Oblivion Raid Rooms are goint to be the maps for the Dungeon (PvM) part of the Game Arena?

It means those two will be part of the things to be done in the Dungeon part, but there's likely more of them to come.

#12 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

Remember the plan.

Also not documented in today's patch notes are the Game Arena's queue status updates which are displayed in the GA status icon located on the minimap while queued for games.

Queued for a game:
Posted Image

After joining a game, waiting for other groups to finish joining:
Posted Image

Edited by Genesis, 01 May 2012 - 02:28 PM.

#13 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

Looking forward to the new content, might get me back playing again. Love the line about expanding the rose story, I doubt people know the story line of rose as it is.
+1 for the ballroom event, didn't have time to logg in this week.

#14 MrFantasmo

MrFantasmo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 631 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Remember the plan.

I want capture the flag :o

#15 bunbunlhy

bunbunlhy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:leonis

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

nice update :)
yea i think niashadowdancer has some point when she said the problem about spawn camping in Game Arena..maybe spawn are for players in GA would be like in uw where there is some elevation so that enemies cant go to the spawn area :)

#16 MrFantasmo

MrFantasmo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 631 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

nice update :)
yea i think niashadowdancer has some point when she said the problem about spawn camping in Game Arena..maybe spawn are for players in GA would be like in uw where there is some elevation so that enemies cant go to the spawn area :)

Artis and scouts would have the upper hand then

#17 slinger

slinger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationWaiting for 2012 in a hole

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

So.... Ur basically saying.... I wasted 6 hours waitin for the duke? and lots of lacrima? :DDDDDDDDDDD

Gotta love rose! .................

#18 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

all i can say is THUMBS UP!

#19 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Arua (Leonis)

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

all i can say is THUMBS UP!

THUMBS DOWN coz u are in draco!jk! :heh:

Edited by llullTAKSIAPO, 01 May 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#20 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

Thumbs down coz u are in draco!jk! :heh:

Even if it wasn't a joke you still couldn't, the negative votes are gone :heh:

#21 IchigoXitachi

IchigoXitachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSunny England
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

Right so back to Farming Posted Image for the community ( gotta love me for helping ), and the most interesting part of the whole thing for me:

• New Project

Cannot wait :)

Edited by IchigoXitachi, 01 May 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#22 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

THUMBS DOWN coz u are in draco!jk! :heh:

haha...poor noob like me needs a little bit time to get some rare costumes :P hooooray! :)

#23 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Facebook 10k Likes Event

I hope this shirt looks neat and somewhat meaty (like the soccer uniforms).

#24 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Arua (Leonis)

I wonder if GA still existing in Draco? might be 1-5 rounds a day?that SUCKS!? they can try to migrate in Leo so that we all be HAPPY TOGETHER, What u think Draco people? :heh:

#25 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

I wonder if GA still existing in Draco? might be 1-5 rounds a day?that SUCKS!? they can try to migrate in Leo so that we all be HAPPY TOGETHER, What u think Draco people? :heh:

Actually, right now the amount of rounds starting is low like always, BUT I have noticed an incredible amount of new players running around, so maybe it'll start more often in the future!
Wouldn't mind a server merge though, it doesn't really matter to me if it happens or not.

Edited by jerremy, 01 May 2012 - 02:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users