Warrior -> Knight -> Paladin build (under construction) - Warrior Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Warrior -> Knight -> Paladin build (under construction)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Awpsoleet

Awpsoleet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationSleeping in your bed.
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:That one.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:01 AM

Anal's Guide for Dragoons.

Hello there.
I'm going to post my skill build (level 50 atm) to help new warriors on the help of being a broken dragoon. (Note that this is a full PvE build although I PvP with only these skills)
Here it goes:
Warrior:
http://irowiki.org/~...000000000000000
Skills 1-20 (Skills you'll need):
Posted Image Blow.
Used as a pre-requisite for your other skills; mostly useless (Level 1)
Posted Image Cutdown.
Level 1 Blow needed.
Your launcher till level 20 when you get Aerial Smackdown (Level 3-5)
Posted Image Stormblade.
Level 1 Cutdown needed.
One of your most useful skills as Warrior -> Paladin; you'll switch it for Mega Stormblade at level50 (Level 5)
Posted Image Sword Mastery.
Useful at low levels, useless at level 20+ (Level 0-5)
Posted Image Stun Hammer.
As pointed out by several people, this skill is useful for F7 [due to stunning mobs] and even more useful with the TR buff (Level 1-5 [depends on personal choice])
Knight:
http://irowiki.org/~...000000000000000
You'll need the following skills from the Warrior skillset:
Blow (Level 1)
Cutdown (Level 1)
Stormblade (Level 5)
Stun Hammer (Level 1-5)
Skills 20-40 (Skills you'll need):
Posted Image Aerial Smackdown.
You'll exchange Cutdown for this skill since it's more needed to continue combos (100+ combos) (Level 1-3)
Posted Image Shoulder Tackle.
Level 1 Aerial Smackdown needed.
I used to use this to combo on my dragoon but alot more skills came our way and it's just isn't that useful anymore (Level 1)
Posted Image Spear Jab.
Level 1 Shoulder Tackle needed.
Your best friend if he was a broom that you took out of your ass; high DPS and knocks down.(Level 5)
Posted Image Pressure.
Level 2 Spear Jab needed.
I don't use it, since you have better launchers (Level 1)
Posted Image Spin it Bear!
Level 1 Pressure needed.
One of the reasons people will call you a broken class; high DPS and OP launcher (Level 5)
Posted Image Shield Mastery.
Another of the reasons people will you a broken class; DEF and block rate (Level 5)
Posted Image Parry
Level 1 Shield Mastery needed.
Another of the reasons people will you a broken class (Level 5)
Paladin:
http://irowiki.org/~...500033030000000
You'll need the following skills from the Warrior and Knight skillset:
Blow (Level 1)
Cutdown (Level 1)
Stormblade (Level 2)
Stun Hammer (Level 1-5)
-----------------------------
Aerial Smackdown (Level 1)
Shoulder Tackle (Level 1)
Spear Jab (Level 5)
Pressure (Level 1)
Spin it Bear! (Level 5)
Shield Mastery (Level 5)
Parry (Level 5)
Skills 40-60 (Skills you'll need):
Posted Image Armor Mastery.
Useless; it works from your base def which isn't that high. (Level 1)
Posted Image Armor Break.
Level 1 Armor Mastery needed.
I personally don't use it but may be useful for PvP since it lowers phys. defence (Level 1)
Posted Image Joint Break.
Level 1 Armor Break needed.
Awesome for reducing monsters' MSPD in F7, may be useful for PvP (Level 1-5[for F7])
Posted Image Weapon Suspension.
Level 1 Joint Break needed.
I personally don't use it but may be useful for PvP since it lowers phys. defence (Level 1)
Posted ImageWeapon Crasher.
Level 1 Weapon Suspension needed.
Posted Image Cross Cut.
Level 2 Weapon Crasher needed.
One of your other best friends in your dragoon path; high DPS and low CD [especially with TR] (Level 5)
Posted Image Iron Skin.
Level 1 Armor Mastery needed.
I personally max this skill because +430 DEF is always good (Level 5)
Posted Image Barricade.
Level 1 Iron Skin needed.
Wanna be called a cheating cheap bastard in EW/BSQ? Get this skill (Level 1)
Posted Image Chain Shield.
Used mostly in PvP or when fighting groggy bosses to keep aerial combos. (Level 3)
Posted Image Mega Storm Blade.
I personally switch out Storm Blade for this skill because I find it awesome looking but that's personal opinion. [as Kazu731 mentioned, both skills can be used for an optimal DMG in PvE/PvP.] (Level 3)
Posted Image Concentration.
12% AR is always good, and since I'm an AR whoar I got it maxed. (Level 3)
Posted Image Aura Initiation
Needed to use auras. (Level 1)
Posted Image Time Reverse
Level 1 Aura Initiation needed.
Your most useful buff even if you solo, you'll never feel the same after getting this skill. (Level 5)
Dragoon:
You'll need the following skills from the Warrior/Knight and Paladin skillset:
Blow (Level 1)
Cutdown (Level 1)
Stormblade (Level 2)
Stun Hammer (Level 1-5)
-----------------------------
Aerial Smackdown (Level 1)
Shoulder Tackle (Level 1)
Spear Jab (Level 5)
Pressure (Level 1)
Spin it Bear! (Level 5)
Shield Mastery (Level 5)
Parry (Level 5)
----------------------------
Armor Mastery (Level 1)
Armor Break (Level 1)
Joint Break (Level 1-5 [For F7])
Weapon Suspension (Level 1)
Weapon Crasher (Level 2)
Cross Cut (Level 5)
Iron Skin (Level 5)
Barricade (Level 1)
Chain Shield (Level 3)
Mega Storm Blade (Level 3)
Concentration (Level 3)
Aura Initiation (Level 1)
Time Reverse (Level 5)

Edited by Awpsoleet, 04 May 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#2 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:49 AM

Very good but I have two comments:

You do not switch out Storm Blade for Mega Storm Blade. You use both. Second, for PvE you really don't need Parry at all. I'd argue you don't need Shield Mastery either but someone may have something else to say about that.

EDIT: Reasoning:

Mega Storm Blade simply is another air attack to add more damage. There's no reason to switch out one for the other when you can easily use both. Typically something like Spin it Bear -> Storm Blade -> Mega Storm Blade or really whatever launch you're using. This also works on bosses that are groggied and with Time Reverse as a Paladin you can basically spam the two in succession over and over.

Parry adds block rate which doesn't mean much in PvE where it's kind of hard to die just from being hit by monsters. It's incredibly infuriating in PvP modes, but for PvE there's not much help in blocking as you'll be plowing through everything anyway. Even if you do get hit once or twice it won't be much that block will do to change anything.

Edited by Kazu731, 04 May 2012 - 05:55 AM.

#3 Awpsoleet

Awpsoleet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:20 AM

Very good but I have two comments:

You do not switch out Storm Blade for Mega Storm Blade. You use both. Second, for PvE you really don't need Parry at all. I'd argue you don't need Shield Mastery either but someone may have something else to say about that.

EDIT: Reasoning:

Mega Storm Blade simply is another air attack to add more damage. There's no reason to switch out one for the other when you can easily use both. Typically something like Spin it Bear -> Storm Blade -> Mega Storm Blade or really whatever launch you're using. This also works on bosses that are groggied and with Time Reverse as a Paladin you can basically spam the two in succession over and over.

Parry adds block rate which doesn't mean much in PvE where it's kind of hard to die just from being hit by monsters. It's incredibly infuriating in PvP modes, but for PvE there's not much help in blocking as you'll be plowing through everything anyway. Even if you do get hit once or twice it won't be much that block will do to change anything.

-I switched out SB for MSB because if I dare to use both in PvP I get insta raged at because apparently it's locking ._.
EDIT: Yes, you can use both for PvE for optimal DPS but that's personal opinion; I only use MSB and I'm fine.
-As for Parry; you're right, it's not useable in PvE and I forgot to point that out for in my initial post.
-As for Shield Mastery; SM has saved my life many times when I forget to repot in a boss battle (ex. lavalon) or it blocked that annoying flaming ball that drops ontop of you when you're charging the cannon.

EDIT: Added Paladin skill build and changed the format of the first post.

Edited by Awpsoleet, 04 May 2012 - 08:32 AM.

#4 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

No hammer? What are you doing, son?

#5 Awpsoleet

Awpsoleet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

No hammer? What are you doing, son?

You're suggesting I use stun hammer in PvE? I don't even use it in F7 mostly because I don't want to waste SP on it and rather use Joint Break.

#6 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

You're suggesting I use stun hammer in PvE? I don't even use it in F7 mostly because I don't want to waste SP on it and rather use Joint Break.

Posted Image
nice guide on how NOT to build a pally

Edited by zabmaru, 04 May 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#7 Awpsoleet

Awpsoleet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

Posted Image
nice guide on how NOT to build a pally

Don't like it? Aww.
Simple solution for you, my friend;
Don't. Use. It.

Edited by Awpsoleet, 04 May 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#8 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

Don't like it? Aww.
I don't see any guides coming from you; so before trying to "troll" someone, actually put some research into your so-called trolling, kthx.

Don't like being wrong? D'aww.
I don't see any credibility or experience coming from you; so before trying to write a guide, actually put some research into your so-called guide, sir.

Edit: I spelled something wrong, how silly of me!

Edited by zabmaru, 04 May 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#9 Awpsoleet

Awpsoleet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

Don't like being wrong? D'aww.
I don't see any credibility or experience coming from you; so before trying to write a gude, actually put some research into your so-called guide, sir.

Just because I don't use Stun Hammer doesn't mean the entire guide is wrong; on the other hand, builds are mostly based on the poster's opinion. I don't use Stun Hammer and I put it at Level0 in the build, so what? You can use it if you want; it's all a matter of opinion.

Edited by Awpsoleet, 04 May 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#10 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

Just because I don't use Stun Hammer doesn't mean the entire guide is wrong; on the other hand, builds are mostly based on the poster's opinion. I don't use Stun Hammer and I put it at Level0 in the build, so what? You can use it, if you want; it's all a matter of opinion.

No, it isn't. Lemme learn you a lesson here, child. Hammer is, without a doubt, the best thing a pally can use in F7, thereby rendering it the best thing you can use in pve.

Your build is just bad. There's not much else to say. There's not even any reason to post you own build when you have something like this: http://forums.warppo...-dragoon-guide/

And before you say it's outdated, there's this: http://forums.warppo...for-level-1-80/

I realize you want to be helpful, but sometimes, you should leave things to people who have more experience under their belt.

#11 Albruna

Albruna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Wynn Ship

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

Just because I don't use Stun Hammer doesn't mean the entire guide is wrong; on the other hand, builds are mostly based on the poster's opinion. I don't use Stun Hammer and I put it at Level0 in the build, so what? You can use it if you want; it's all a matter of opinion.

It is not a matter of opinion, rather a matter of fact, that Stun Hammer is one of the best stun skills for F7 available to paladins, paired with the Time Reverse aura. I'm just pointing that out for you.

#12 Awpsoleet

Awpsoleet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

No, it isn't. Lemme learn you a lesson here, child. Hammer is, without a doubt, the best thing a pally can use in F7, thereby rendering it the best thing you can use in pve.

Your build is just bad. There's not much else to say. There's not even any reason to post you own build when you have something like this: http://forums.warppo...-dragoon-guide/

And before you say it's outdated, there's this: http://forums.warppo...for-level-1-80/

I realize you want to be helpful, but sometimes, you should leave things to people who have more experience under their belt.

It is not a matter of opinion, rather a matter of fact, that Stun Hammer is one of the best stun skills for F7 available to paladins, paired with the Time Reverse aura. I'm just pointing that out for you.

Fine.
Due to anger directed at the skill build because of a single skill, the original post will be edited to fit Stun Hammer.

Edited by Awpsoleet, 04 May 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#13 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

Fine.
Due to anger directed at the skill build because of a single skill, the original post will be edited to fit Stun Hammer.

The point is, there's no need for another pally build in the first place. You seem like the only mad person in the thread, we're just telling you your build is bad.

#14 Awpsoleet

Awpsoleet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

The point is, there's no need for another pally build in the first place. You seem like the only mad person in the thread, we're just telling you your build is bad.

You know that instead of shouting "OMFG THAT IS WRONG" and posting .gifs like you did, you could point what was wrong (Stun Hammer has been added to the build itself); if you have any more problems with the build, post them here if you want.

#15 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

Now now, no need for anyone to get upset on either side here.

Awpsoleet, what Zabmaru and Albruna are trying to point out is that there is really no room for opinion when it comes to a lot of skills--especially the Dragoon chain. It's unfortunate, but the further you go in PvE you'll come to realize that there are simply "good" skills and "bad" skills. What they are implying is that it's a folly to leave out Stun Hammer as it's nearly invaluable in F7 leveling, and that the problem isn't that it isn't in the build, but rather that it's hard to progress as a Dragoon without the knowledge of the basic uses of the skills. This is still your build and no one is trying to troll you--you should make your build how you want. Like I was suggesting, I was also trying to just hand some of the common knowledge of the class--at least for PvE--but ultimately it is your guide to help people.

Please post your own skill build with your own opinions and insight. Any other comments are purely for additional information or consideration. Posted Image

Edited by Kazu731, 04 May 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#16 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

You know that instead of shouting "OMFG THAT IS WRONG" and posting .gifs like you did, you could point what was wrong (Stun Hammer has been added to the build itself); if you have any more problems with the build, post them here if you want.

Posted Image

With further consideration, their points have benefitted your guide rather well. I'd reccomend either accepting the positive notes of criticism in zab's replies and ignoring the acidic complement, preventing further fights from derailing a thread.

#17 Awpsoleet

Awpsoleet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

Posted Image

With further consideration, their points have benefitted your guide rather well. I'd reccomend either accepting the positive notes of criticism in zab's replies and ignoring the acidic complement, preventing further fights from derailing a thread.

Using my own picture against myself = insta win #1
But, yeah, I've taken their positive notes into account, tried the skill Stun Hammer in a F7 (Forgotten Village) and found it was pretty useful so it got added into the skill build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users