Able to see monster's health - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Able to see monster's health

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 LordKeith

LordKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:23 AM

In most games today your able to see a health bar on them and what level they are.

Example Poring would have a green bar above the poring, while you point at the poring would show 50.

#2 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

We have that.
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Sense

#3 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

I believe that this is something that kRO has implemented on their test servers recently so it is something that we might get in the future.

#4 LordKeith

LordKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

We have that.
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Sense

That's cool, cause mages, wizards and super novice are helpful.

But if I was gonna farm stuff, I suppose a class who has sense doesn't want to stand at the computer all day for that.

I believe that this is something that kRO has implemented on their test servers recently so it is something that we might get in the future.

Are you refering to sense or something else like most all mmo's have?

#5 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Battle sages are great for farming stuff. Unlike Rouges and Assassins, you can actually make use of a heal clip, thus saving even more money on pots.

Unless your farming for something extremely low level like Stems or Immortal hearts.

One thing I just don't understand is, why do you even need to see the monster's exact HP. The regular bar is good enough. Why do you need to know the monster's level when farming?

If you think the drop penalty is still on iRO, its not. you don't purposely need to have a low level character to farm items.

And if you really need to know the monster's level.
http://db.irowiki.or...ader=10#results

Edited by Tetsamaru, 04 May 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#6 Nakano15

Nakano15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Odin (RE-START)

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

In most games today your able to see a health bar on them and what level they are.

Example Poring would have a green bar above the poring, while you point at the poring would show 50.

I have a logical explanation to that.
Ragnarok is not like most mmos.

#7 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

Are you refering to sense or something else like most all mmo's have?

Referring to monsters actually having a HP bar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww7vuoN3l7k

From what I know all monsters except for MVPs have HP bars. Although they still dont show the exact amount of HP the monster has but its better then nothing

Edited by Toxn, 05 May 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#8 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

Well, the enemy HP bars should be hidden until maybe you killed enough of them (500 maybe?) then they will have an HP bar showing to show you have become more "knowledgeable" as you killed more enemies.

#9 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:29 AM

get an observer... see the monsters stats... problem SOLVED

#10 catacomb

catacomb

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCA, USA
  • Server:VALKYRIE!!!!

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

well honestly health bars and level indicators would be helpful for many thing especially new people trying to join. As I've tried to get some of my friends into playing Ragnarok they say its too hard (spamming pots, cant hit anything starting off, hard to make money, etc) and one of their major complaints is the health bar and level. Or at least level since starting off they always hit creamys and wonder why they get one-shoted. I realize Ragnarok isn't like most mmo's but this is pretty much essential for beginning player, especially since in ragnarok there are a lot of maps were dbing is possible and there are minibosses and mvps that new player might not recognize as a threat. Maybe this is why the population has slowly started going down, because its too hard for new player, and all the experienced players who started a long time ago are getting lives (job, families, wasnt meant to be an insult). As for the observer, not everyone is rich or is going to save money for that early game in preference over a decent weapon or card. Anyways that my opinion....(RCX COME BACK TO ME!!!)

Edited by catacomb, 17 May 2014 - 09:51 AM.

#11 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

It's been for months if not years on kRO, we should get it someday  :rolleyes:

Edit: Yes it was on kRO

[_] Added HP bar for monsters that the player(s) are currently attacking. (April 4th, 2012)

Edited by Wanderer, 17 May 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#12 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

Observer and Sense are wack compared to live HP information. Here is a video of the HP bar Oda is talking about.

https://www.youtube....h?v=IjSiOJuRrOI

Edited by ilovemilk, 20 May 2014 - 03:35 PM.

#13 1839651833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationJava

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

This is a necro

Omg it's already 2years

#14 infohungry

infohungry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:58 PM

well honestly health bars and level indicators would be helpful for many thing especially new people trying to join. As I've tried to get some of my friends into playing Ragnarok they say its too hard (spamming pots, cant hit anything starting off, hard to make money, etc) and one of their major complaints is the health bar and level. Or at least level since starting off they always hit creamys and wonder why they get one-shoted. I realize Ragnarok isn't like most mmo's but this is pretty much essential for beginning player, especially since in ragnarok there are a lot of maps were dbing is possible and there are minibosses and mvps that new player might not recognize as a threat. Maybe this is why the population has slowly started going down, because its too hard for new player, and all the experienced players who started a long time ago are getting lives (job, families, wasnt meant to be an insult). As for the observer, not everyone is rich or is going to save money for that early game in preference over a decent weapon or card. Anyways that my opinion....(RCX COME BACK TO ME!!!)

or maybe mmo player nowadays are just too spoiled

indeed, ragnarok is pretty hard compared to other MMOs out there, but i think that's the point of challenge in this game.

in fact, ragnarok is waaaaayyyyyyy easier now compared to years ago. recall that now we had eden, TI, jumping jane, buying shop feature, and many else that we do not have before. so why ppl still complain?

you see? ragnarok years ago is harder, and it's even more populated than today, what's happening now? ragnarok is made easier over time but instead, the complain about "omgsohard" increased??

i think it's because ppl have already accustomed to easy-playing MMOs out there, so when they try ragnarok, they just "whoa, why this so hard that so hard blablabla"

imo it's depends on the player. those who likes challenge will play and enjoy it no matter what. i've seen some of ppl like this, starting from 0, and build their character by socializing, selling some rares they got, farming, etc.

and others will just QQ and give up the game. :p_sad:

Edited by infohungry, 28 May 2014 - 12:11 AM.

#15 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:02 AM

I think the point here is the health bar is an official update thing that's pretty late. I too hope the health bar display comes out because it does serve as good feedback for the player. Who doesn't like seeing lifebars deplete to zero when you hit stuff?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users