Rate this shaman skill build for me plz - Magician Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Rate this shaman skill build for me plz

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 xKamikaze

xKamikaze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

hahaha i was bored n when i came across this skill simulator and i was playin around with it for a bit. So i made this
http://image-storage...010151015510000
i no it is not the best...but just rate it, tell me how i can improve it, etc...i might test it on my own shaman some day -_-
P.S i didnt know what healing wave is, how it works, or if it any good so i left it at 0 if u have any information about it please help me out thnx

Edited by xKamikaze, 07 October 2010 - 07:00 PM.

#2 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:43 PM

No "rate this build" threads pls.

#3 xKamikaze

xKamikaze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:15 PM

No "rate this build" threads pls.

hahaha lolz FINE >-_- I JUST WANT TO TRY A PRIEST..AND NEED FEEDBACK FINE THEN D:

#4 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:56 PM

1/10.

#5 Kimimaro

Kimimaro

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:58 PM

9/10.

I would've gave your build a 10/10 if you maxed out fortress.

#6 adioN1g

adioN1g

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:59 PM

0/10 l2shaman kthx.

#7 Gangrian

Gangrian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:30 PM

0/10 l2shaman kthx.

Fab deduction. +Rep for your.

#8 invazn

invazn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:36 PM

just stick to pf kami ;3

#9 DokiDoki

DokiDoki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationJapan~!, nah I wish ;)

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:35 AM

5/10. Kinda different from the other builds :S

#10 xKamikaze

xKamikaze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:05 PM

5/10. Kinda different from the other builds :S

lol how??? well perfect seal = useless and im pretty sure most build will end up pretty similar :p_err: just watch

#11 oAya

oAya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:15 AM

8/10
Ligtning Chain is useless for me...

#12 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:22 AM

8/10
Ligtning Chain is useless for me...

Just delete your shaman before you decide to drop instant heal as well.

#13 oAya

oAya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:50 AM

Just delete your shaman before you decide to drop instant heal as well.

No, thanks. LC is easy to avoid, and the dmg sux, it's just good to interrupt skills or casts.
LC is a skill that i'd take if i have some extra SPs.

#14 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:52 AM

No, thanks. LC is easy to avoid, and the dmg sux, it's just good to interrupt skills or casts.

You're obviously doing it wrong, then. In that case, instant heal is only good for backup, slow heal being the primary source of healing -- might as well just drop it.

Edited by Yurai, 04 October 2010 - 06:53 AM.

#15 oAya

oAya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:09 AM

You're obviously doing it wrong, then. In that case, instant heal is only good for backup, slow heal being the primary source of healing -- might as well just drop it.

Well.. you should help him them!
I'm just curious, where you make a good use of your LC!?

#16 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:29 AM

Well.. you should help him them!
I'm just curious, where you make a good use of your LC!?

Quoted directly from my guide:

- There are many ways to use CL effectively. Here are some of my favorite situations:

Scenario #1: Everyone from both teams is bunched together in an area of mass chaos. You're on the perimeter and going largely unnoticed, so you approach one of your enemies from behind, and... ZAP! Everyone (or nearly everyone) on the enemy team is brought down to the ground and stunned, giving your teammates a chance to escape locks/combos and regroup for a brutal counter assault.

Scenario #2: You see a teammate caught in an AoE lock/combo, but if you rush in and try to use debuffs to help free them, you're likely to get caught up in the carnage, yourself. SOLUTION! You maintain a safe distance from the enemy, leaving just enough room to hit them with CL, and save your teammate without actually entering the enemy's attack range. This is particularly effective when a teammate is being attacked by two or more enemies simultaneously -- just be aware that one of them might break away to come after you.

Scenario #3: You're on a team with another shaman. Either you or your buddy manages to catch an enemy with CL, locking them down. Time for some MASSIVE DAMAGE! Start X-spamming the target (ALWAYS from BEHIND, to avoid lag/block/evade-induced counterattacks) while it is stunned by CL, and together, you should make short work of it. ALSO! If you see another enemy approaching to interrupt the CL, whoever is X-spamming can either try to detain them with Frog or use CL on the initial target in such a way that it will be difficult for the enemy to interrupt both you and the other shaman at once. Taking turns CL-ing the first target and dealing with the second, you may be able to keep the lock going a bit longer (or, if you're lucky, you may be able to catch the second enemy in your lock, as well).

Scenario #4: You're all alone, being hunted by two or more enemies. If escape is not an option, you can try to fool them into a CL stun or try to catch one of them off guard while they are using a skill. Both are risky, but doing something is better than doing nothing. Laying down a Quagmire or landing a hit with Freeze can make it a bit easier, so keep those options in mind.

Scenario #5: You made a mistake. You jumped or dashed and landed yourself right in the path of a warmage's Blizzard or Snow Blues (Penguin) attack. But you notice that you're at just the right range, and with a split-second decision, you use CL and catch the warmage in a CL stun just before you are frozen -- and the best part is, it will continue throughout the duration of the freeze effect and even after it wears off, meaning you'll be in prime position to make a hasty getaway or keep the warmage locked down for a teammate to deal with.

Scenario #6: You're in an Emporia War (EW), and your teammates are hacking away at an enemy sub-core or the enemy's main core when you see members of the enemy team closing in to interrupt their progress. You line yourself up with the core, hit it with CL, and TAH-DAH! Any enemy who gets too close is likely to be stunned and left helpless to attack or defend. HOWEVER! The enemy team will usually catch on to this pretty quickly, so don't get too comfortable. Always be ready to make some evasive maneuvers.

These are just a few of the many situations in which CL can prove extremely useful, but it should be enough to get you thinking. Just keep in mind that CL will always leave you vulnerable in one way or another, so never let your guard down.

Aya, you strike me as a PvE-focused person. If that is the case, then yes, CL isn't particularly useful (not since they nerfed it, anyways). But in PvP, there are tons of uses for it, only a few of which are listed here.

#17 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:49 AM

Aya, you strike me as a PvE-focused person. If that is the case, then yes, CL isn't particularly useful (not since they nerfed it, anyways). But in PvP, there are tons of uses for it, only a few of which are listed here.

His post seems more PvP-oriented.

#18 oAya

oAya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:08 AM

Yeah i agre. It works intrrupting casts and skills.
I've never played emporia but i think it would works fine there too.
For 'mobbing' ppl Lightining Rod works better, or Lightning Rock.
I like to pvp but i'm kinda new in this server (3-4 months before the close date) and the pvp for hlvls are always empty D:
I wish an active pvp after the server merge

Rimmy, you are right in your points
Maybe it's time to review my build and my pvp strategies, thanks for this tips :p_devil:

#19 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

His post seems more PvP-oriented.

Agreed, but I was going by my recollection of the skill builds he/she provided in that one other thread (no Air Combo, no CL, no Casting Acceleration).

#20 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:57 PM

Yeah i agre. It works intrrupting casts and skills.
I've never played emporia but i think it would works fine there too.
For 'mobbing' ppl Lightining Rod works better, or Lightning Rock.
I like to pvp but i'm kinda new in this server (3-4 months before the close date) and the pvp for hlvls are always empty D:
I wish an active pvp after the server merge

Rimmy, you are right in your points
Maybe it's time to review my build and my pvp strategies, thanks for this tips :p_devil:

The problem with Lightning Rod is that it requires Awakening... uh, energy? I haven't been able to test it yet in PvP, but I imagine you don't get to use it very often. Spark Rock/Lightning Stone does look awesome. Trying to get to level 40 on Gpot so I can test it early, but not quite there yet.

#21 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:08 PM

The problem with Lightning Rod is that it requires Awakening... uh, energy? I haven't been able to test it yet in PvP, but I imagine you don't get to use it very often. Spark Rock/Lightning Stone does look awesome. Trying to get to level 40 on Gpot so I can test it early, but not quite there yet.

Well, there is a patch later on where you can use up mp to charge the awakening bar, but seeing how MP is already important as it is, this could be very situational and its usefulness is based solely on how well you manage you and your team's MP (MP transfer can charge awakening since it consumes MP). Spark rock is useful as well, but it's not too good against classes that have block, evade, or high mspd. Another problem, probably not resolved in the patch we're getting, is if the spark rock touches a paladin with revenge on, it cancels itself for some unknown reason. This does get fixed in a later patch, along with the 8s sky pene nerf, as well as a reduction in the range of spark rock and a slower pull rate on the lightning rod.

#22 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:17 PM

Well, there is a patch later on where you can use up mp to charge the awakening bar, but seeing how MP is already important as it is, this could be very situational and its usefulness is based solely on how well you manage you and your team's MP (MP transfer can charge awakening since it consumes MP). Spark rock is useful as well, but it's not too good against classes that have block, evade, or high mspd. Another problem, probably not resolved in the patch we're getting, is if the spark rock touches a paladin with revenge on, it cancels itself for some unknown reason. This does get fixed in a later patch, along with the 8s sky pene nerf, as well as a reduction in the range of spark rock and a slower pull rate on the lightning rod.

Hmm, I hope it doesn't get to the point where shammies are basically just there to refill teammates' MP.

I'm kind of curious to see how well Level 10 Diffusion Cannon and Level 10 Barbarian work. Since we can move while firing DC now, it might actually make sense to use DC again since you can damage opponents without putting yourself right smack in front of them or being locked down with every shot. I imagine it would be especially useful with very high MSPD, gonna have to do some testing with that. Barbarian, well... Heck, since it can hit high evade targets again, Level 10 sounds like it would be pretty OP.

#23 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:25 PM

Hmm, I hope it doesn't get to the point where shammies are basically just there to refill teammates' MP.

I'm kind of curious to see how well Level 10 Diffusion Cannon and Level 10 Barbarian work. Since we can move while firing DC now, it might actually make sense to use DC again since you can damage opponents without putting yourself right smack in front of them or being locked down with every shot. I imagine it would be especially useful with very high MSPD, gonna have to do some testing with that. Barbarian, well... Heck, since it can hit high evade targets again, Level 10 sounds like it would be pretty OP.

Diffusion cannon's % doesn't increase with level; only the + modifier goes up by a mediocre amount. In addition, the amount of SP you put into level 10 DC compared to level 1 DS is unjustifiable; even max arch sanctuary would be better. As for barbarian and frog, it's still not that useful because the rate at which it'll hit is still quite low. I suppose looking at it comparatively, some % is better than none, but I wouldn't invest the points until you run out of useful skills to pump your sp in, such as level 10 slow heal, level 10 instant heal, and level 10 wide heal.

#24 oAya

oAya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:31 PM

Agreed, but I was going by my recollection of the skill builds he/she provided in that one other thread (no Air Combo, no CL, no Casting Acceleration).

She :p_devil:
And i do have maxed Casting Acceleration.
I had Air Combo in my old build to help archers in ASS and to take down ppl, but i took it off.

Yeah, like Yurai said the system will change, and i saw in some YT videos from korean/chinese DO where they had a skill that you waste SP to recover your awakening bar...

Same problem in CL. And revenge pallys are noobzors D:

#25 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

She :p_devil:
And i do have maxed Casting Acceleration.
I had Air Combo in my old build to help archers in ASS and to take down ppl, but i took it off.

Yeah, like Yurai said the system will change, and i saw in some YT videos from korean/chinese DO where they had a skill that you waste SP to recover your awakening bar...

Same problem in CL. And revenge pallys are noobzors D:

They are using resurrect, I believe. As for the blocking and such, that's why you have teammates to help maintain your CL lock. Shamans in a 1v1 match is simply a joke.

Edited by Yurai, 04 October 2010 - 04:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users