IAHgames terminating dragonica o-o - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

IAHgames terminating dragonica o-o

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#1 Pierce

Pierce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:48 AM

I just started playing this game again a few days ago and now the most populated dragonica server is shutting down...anyone else think that there's going to be an influx of players to this server and it wont be so dead anymore? Seeing as it'd be the only available english server other then gpotato...
Source: http://forums.iahgam...ead.php?t=78680

Edited by Pierce, 05 May 2012 - 04:00 AM.

#2 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:29 AM

I wouldn't say IAHgames was the most populated but this is very, very sad news for me. I don't know what to say, but I wouldn't count on a giant influx of players either.

EDIT: Not usually very characteristic of me--but someone has to ask our team here at WarpPortal if our server is coming to any such conclusion. Are we headed in the same direction?

Edited by Kazu731, 05 May 2012 - 04:33 AM.

#3 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:01 AM

I wouldn't say IAHgames was the most populated but this is very, very sad news for me. I don't know what to say, but I wouldn't count on a giant influx of players either.

EDIT: Not usually very characteristic of me--but someone has to ask our team here at WarpPortal if our server is coming to any such conclusion. Are we headed in the same direction?

Well...
All i have to say is IAH never got any thing for balance feedback(other servers did), they didn't get the new LoveLove/Domination patch, Their entire Dragonica economy was cash based. Their version was heading downhill very very fast.

WP seems to be a little healthier though we are still getting a stream of new players and old ones returning and with IAH going down it may mean WP might merge their playbase with us or IAH people restart over here? After all we do have that DS international section, but who knows.
/shrug

Edited by StormHaven, 05 May 2012 - 05:02 AM.

#4 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

Until it costs more to run it then it gains they'll probably run it
Based purely on their IM events it shouldn't cost more than it gains for a little more time. Those exsist to make the game keep on going.

Licensing fees are usually expensive but because Gravity LLC is a subsidary of Gravity Korea and Gravity Korea is a majority shareholder of Braunson. I wouldn't be that surprised if the licensing fee is a bit lower for Gravity LLC then it is for other places.

Which leaves server costs, server maint costs, human resource costs, office rental, electricity costs, bandwidth costs.

I'd guesstimate that at around 4000-6000 a month in costs.
I our CS team is split between the different games so it's probably much lower than that but 4000-6000 is with 1 full time 40k a year salary and 1 intern.

I find it highly unlikely for IAH to give us Dragonica's playerbase. Instead they are likely to try to divert those players to their other games. Gravity LLC should probably offer some sorta gift to new players who are from IAH's Dragonica perhaps like the jump into action event and give a few equipment boxes for sets for them as they level up and or insurance (don't give new players levels but rather items that help them go along) Also the level up event would be nice too.

Edited by Himeyasha, 05 May 2012 - 05:11 AM.

#5 Henkilove

Henkilove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:12 AM

[mod]Merged from topic about IAH Dragonica and WP merging- StormHaven[/mod]

As Topic, is it possible ?

Our Server is currently looking for a company that it can merge with.

Edited by StormHaven, 05 May 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#6 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:15 AM

It's up to
Warp portal, Gpot, Nexon(I think runs JDrag?), and IAH to deicide.
also im just gonna merge this topic into the other one.

#7 Henkilove

Henkilove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:15 AM

Until it costs more to run it then it gains they'll probably run it
Based purely on their IM events it shouldn't cost more than it gains for a little more time. Those exsist to make the game keep on going.

Licensing fees are usually expensive but because Gravity LLC is a subsidary of Gravity Korea and Gravity Korea is a majority shareholder of Braunson. I wouldn't be that surprised if the licensing fee is a bit lower for Gravity LLC then it is for other places.

Which leaves server costs, server maint costs, human resource costs, office rental, electricity costs, bandwidth costs.

I'd guesstimate that at around 4000-6000 a month in costs.
I our CS team is split between the different games so it's probably much lower than that but 4000-6000 is with 1 full time 40k a year salary and 1 intern.

I find it highly unlikely for IAH to give us Dragonica's playerbase. Instead they are likely to try to divert those players to their other games. Gravity LLC should probably offer some sorta gift to new players who are from IAH's Dragonica perhaps like the jump into action event and give a few equipment boxes for sets for them as they level up and or insurance (don't give new players levels but rather items that help them go along) Also the level up event would be nice too.

Apprantly for our server SEA, Gravity doesnt want to work or support/co-operate with Dragonica SEA IAHGAMES anymore.

#8 Henkilove

Henkilove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:17 AM

It's up to
Warp portal, Gpot, Nexon(I think runs JDrag?), and IAH to deicide.
also im just gonna merge this topic into the other one.

Link ?

hmmmm, So far 2 servers of DGN have been shutdown.
Soon IAHGAME will be too, thats why im suggesting this.

#9 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:20 AM

Link ?

hmmmm, So far 2 servers of DGN have been shutdown.
Soon IAHGAME will be too, thats why im suggesting this.

I meant it's Between the remaining servers and IAH to decide.

#10 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:20 AM

Well, actually, we got shut down once too when we were called Dragonica. So you could say 3 and that there is actually "hope" but with how IAH is handing out upgrades and stuff, I wouldn't be so sure of a merge.

#11 Henkilove

Henkilove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:22 AM

Well, actually, we got shut down once too when we were called Dragonica. So you could say 3 and that there is actually "hope" but with how IAH is handing out upgrades and stuff, I wouldn't be so sure of a merge.

actually "hope" but with how IAH is handing out upgrades and stuff, I wouldn't be so sure of a merge.

^^^
IAH handing out upgrades ??
We hardly doing much no patches, no new bosses, no new dungeons, besides updating our cash shop every patch or so.
Thats about it....

#12 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:24 AM

actually "hope" but with how IAH is handing out upgrades and stuff, I wouldn't be so sure of a merge.

^^^
We hardly doing much no patches, no new bosses, no new dungeons, besides updating our cash shop every patch or so.
Thats about it....

I was referring to the EXP and upgrade events they have planned for May. Once a server going closed hands out these types of things, it's considered unfair to reintroduce them to another server. So if they really do give these events then there's not much of a chance for a merge.

#13 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:25 AM

^^^
Thats about it....

You guys had VLand buff( we don't), and iirc you also had the Premium account thing( We didn't want it and it looks like the GMs were kind enough to not give it to us)

edit: and what Kazu is talking about.

Edited by StormHaven, 05 May 2012 - 05:26 AM.

#14 Henkilove

Henkilove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:28 AM

I was referring to the EXP and upgrade events they have planned for May. Once a server going closed hands out these types of things, it's considered unfair to reintroduce them to another server. So if they really do give these events then there's not much of a chance for a merge.

Ohhhh right, that.

5th May 2012 13:00 (GMT+8)
- All items in the Cash Shop will be reduced to 1 Cash Points.

23th May 2012 15:00 (GMT+8)
- Dragonica gamers who have remaining Cash Points in their account will be able to get exclusive starter package to 3 games of IAHGames. (Fifa Online 2, Granado Espada and Counter Strike Online). Codes will be distributed via eDM (To registered email from IAHGames passport)

25th May 2012 12:00 (GMT+8)
- For gamers who top up from 28th of April 12:00hrs to 5th of May, 12:00hrs, the amount will be returned and credited to iWallet on 25th May 2012

9th -29th May2012
- Online Events (Crazy Hour Exp Boost, Upgrading / Item Enhancement Event)

30th May 2012 12:00 (GMT+8)
- Countdown to the final hour of Dragonica
- End of online service.

Well, everyone in SEA server really loves this game and wants to continue to play it with their friends. Just AFKing or even going online just to chat with your friends from another country or mates.

This happening ^^^
We still really hope there is a chance of MERGING SERVER'S.

Edited by Henkilove, 05 May 2012 - 05:31 AM.

#15 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

Not likely

It'd be easier to convince Gravity LLC to offer special benefits for accounts that came from IAH but I don't see how they'd be able to do that (It'd probably have to be something insignificant like what I posted above that just helps people get a handle on starting new)

#16 Henkilove

Henkilove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:37 AM

Not likely

It'd be easier to convince Gravity LLC to offer special benefits for accounts that came from IAH but I don't see how they'd be able to do that (It'd probably have to be something insignificant like what I posted above that just helps people get a handle on starting new)

Hmmmm, im interested what is this server like ?
Alot of people still play ?
is it packed ?

Is it Kaye and Elga ? or just Kaye ?

Still unsure.

Would hope so, cause at this rate SEA server is gone.

#17 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

Probably more like Elga then Kaye

#18 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

Not likely

Actually they did it for Requiem when they merged the KR server to US one. Account from KR got special packages to help them level and stuff.

#19 Henkilove

Henkilove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:40 AM

Actually they did it for Requiem when they merged the KR server to US one. Account from KR got special packages to help them level and stuff.

WOW, really ? KR server to US......
man, thats surprising.

#20 Capsiscool

Capsiscool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationDouble Rainbow Land
  • Server:PonPon... <.<

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:40 AM

I came from Dragonica, news to me.. but I can also understand why its shutting down. For one, they hardly ever updated.. their clients weren't up to date, half their translations were still gibberish. And two, there were hardly any new players who spoke english, and that actually kept playing after hitting 20. Their cash shop was outdated, but I find it funny that DS offers items in Big Wheel that in their version you could just buy normally. I didn't need the help, so I don't see how anyone coming from there will either. However, most people who cared about the CS (which imo was significantly cheaper, but DS is still cheap) would argue for a refund of some kind. But as far as absolutely NEEDING it to play DS... very doubtful. Now, if only DS would give us the panda, pig, and lion pets.. Q^Q

#21 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

did the requiem publisher have a lot of different games tho?
Just asking because it makes so much more sense to try to push users to stay within your publishing tree. (I know I shifted from RO to DS because of the WP site and friends)

Honestly, I'd be making a million newbie oriented (1-50) IM gifts EQ gifts and so forth, leveling oriented events and gifts right now in Gravity's office and try to get people to join in groups instead of waiting around for negotiations about mergers whatnot. Hook one member in a friendship and you are likely to get the entire group.

Edited by Himeyasha, 05 May 2012 - 05:45 AM.

#22 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

I came from Dragonica, news to me.. but I can also understand why its shutting down. For one, they hardly ever updated.. their clients weren't up to date, half their translations were still gibberish. And two, there were hardly any new players who spoke english, and that actually kept playing after hitting 20. Their cash shop was outdated, but I find it funny that DS offers items in Big Wheel that in their version you could just buy normally. I didn't need the help, so I don't see how anyone coming from there will either. However, most people who cared about the CS (which imo was significantly cheaper, but DS is still cheap) would argue for a refund of some kind. But as far as absolutely NEEDING it to play DS... very doubtful. Now, if only DS would give us the panda, pig, and lion pets.. Q^Q

We pay more upfront instead keep having to pay over and over.

#23 Henkilove

Henkilove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:47 AM

Dragonica ?

Dragonica SEA, is by far one of the best servers ( I played korean server before but now its gone SEA is actually ).

New players? They're actually lots of new players, you just dont see them ? they are all level 50's, 60's capping with LEGEND equips + 16. Our Cash shop was updated till everyone complained about wanting to have paris set back, we bought it back with some other sets, as well as still having the updated cash sets in the big wheel.

You didn't need help, meaning what ? even if you didn't, you could of asked of help and anyone would of helped you. Everyone helps each other on Dragonica SEA, no matter the level.

#24 Capsiscool

Capsiscool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationDouble Rainbow Land
  • Server:PonPon... <.<

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:54 AM

Dragonica SEA, is by far one of the best servers ( I played korean server before but now its gone SEA is actually ).

New players? They're actually lots of new players, you just dont see them ? they are all level 50's, 60's capping with LEGEND equips + 16. Our Cash shop was updated till everyone complained about wanting to have paris set back, we bought it back with some other sets, as well as still having the updated cash sets in the big wheel.

You didn't need help, meaning what ? even if you didn't, you could of asked of help and anyone would of helped you. Everyone helps each other on Dragonica SEA, no matter the level.

Dragonica SEA European version, that's what I meant. Maybe the week I started there was slow, but as far I remember the newbies hardly spoke any decent english. I also only played for a year, and quit about 2 months ago for this game..
The general community as a whole in EU English SEA was nice, but nothing compared to here.. If you are respectful and generous you'll get that back ten times over.
You guys still had the angel halo and devil horns.. even if you were up to date with us at one point here. Those items were far behind us in patching..
I didn't need helping grinding what so ever here, they give you certain exp for each channel.. per whatever level you are. When you start out 1-40 go to channel 1.. each channel for your level is 5% exp. everyday, all the time. I don't know what channel you played, but no one helped me in SEA.. everyone helps here. Not going to argue it though, I'm assuming they tried to update in order to save the game.. but failed and now are shutting it down. /shrugs.
You'll prefer DS more than dragonica anyway, in many ways.

#25 Henkilove

Henkilove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

Dragonica SEA European version, that's what I meant. Maybe the week I started there was slow, but as far I remember the newbies hardly spoke any decent english. I also only played for a year, and quit about 2 months ago for this game..
The general community as a whole in EU English SEA was nice, but nothing compared to here.. If you are respectful and generous you'll get that back ten times over.
You guys still had the angel halo and devil horns.. even if you were up to date with us at one point here. Those items were far behind us in patching..
I didn't need helping grinding what so ever here, they give you certain exp for each channel.. per whatever level you are. When you start out 1-40 go to channel 1.. each channel for your level is 5% exp. everyday, all the time. I don't know what channel you played, but no one helped me in SEA.. everyone helps here. Not going to argue it though, I'm assuming they tried to update in order to save the game.. but failed and now are shutting it down. /shrugs.
You'll prefer DS more than dragonica anyway, in many ways.

OLOLOLOL, newbies hardly any decent english ? you were probably talking to some mexican.

Angel halo and devil horns were only released after Origin patched came out, afterwards it got taken out. >________>
Well no surprise Each of our channels have 5% exp for every channel and also depends which level you are too.

Different lvls for different channels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users