IAHgames terminating dragonica o-o - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

IAHgames terminating dragonica o-o

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#26 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:03 AM

Overall all dragonica servers are the same.
It's just a matter of what the community does.

Capsiscool happened to have a mediocre time in Europe and a good time so far in NA. In the end it's really how the community presents itself to newbies.

#27 Capsiscool

Capsiscool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationDouble Rainbow Land
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:PonPon... <.<

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

OLOLOLOL, newbies hardly any decent english ? you were probably talking to some mexican.

Angel halo and devil horns were only released after Origin patched came out, afterwards it got taken out. >________>
Well no surprise Each of our channels have 5% exp for every channel and also depends which level you are too.

Different lvls for different channels.

When I played it was 3xp not 5. I barely hit 20 in two days of grinding verses 20 in 8 hours here.
Idk what version you are coming from but we are obviously thinking of two different Dragonica's.
Not to long ago they still had that halo, I started IAH up just to see it.
And I knew they had Origin for awhile after I replayed. There's no doubt they updated CS more than client ect.
I remmeber they kept saying they'd fix the translations but I' assuming most of the game stilll is gibberish?
I played English server, I'm assuming you played something else. When someone says English to me I don't think of Japanese, Spanish, Irish ect.
Probably the reason I quit, you tell me its english and barely anyone actually speaks it.

#28 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:06 AM

Now, there's no need to argue on either side here. Both of our servers are admittedly not as bustling as they have been in the past is the general idea here. Personally I gauge our communities by the activity of the forums and then take into account the higher levels. In both the NA case and IAH case, I feel as if the forums have been extremely dead as of late and then there are the higher levels who still log on daily but find they have very little to do besides PvPing, AFKing, and for those select few farming Elga.

Further, our translations and bugs are no different. Our servers have precisely the same translation errors, memory leaks, et cetera. Both servers do have their share of problems, evidently by IAH shutting down we can see this.

Edited by Kazu731, 05 May 2012 - 06:08 AM.

#29 Henkilove

Henkilove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:07 AM

Overall all dragonica servers are the same.
It's just a matter of what the community does.

Capsiscool happened to have a mediocre time in Europe and a good time so far in NA. In the end it's really how the community presents itself to newbies.

LOL, must of been hard. 1 year ago, i started since chapter 2.
Had the best time since then as well, the community is good over in SEA and enjoyed my time till now.

Also had the MOST players in chapter 2 - 3. :P

#30 Capsiscool

Capsiscool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:13 AM

Must have been Hard

LOL, not hard.. not compared to Aika grinding to say the least.
But the fact it said English Server.. and you speak english and people don't understand you kinda makes you upset.
or vice versa.. people speaking in fragmented english. Not to say we don't encounter that here.. we still do. It makes me feel bad I can't understand them.
I guess it was a communication error.

Also kazu, no.. lol you guys fix most of your translations.
Sometimes when I had to re-download IAH my whole game would be korean and they couldn't fix it unless I went in and replaced files.
Not saying we don't have client errors, It seems we actually have more client erros here than we did there.

EDIT: Considering I am in NA, I should have played this the whole time. But I'm assuming these people are from EU or around there, and therefore had no communication errors.
I'm not arguing any point here, just saying that NA seems to be on top of most of the updates and translations.. in comparison to EU trying to milk the money so to speak.

Edited by Capsiscool, 05 May 2012 - 06:23 AM.

#31 Henkilove

Henkilove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

LOL, not hard.. not compared to Aika grinding to say the least.
But the fact it said English Server.. and you speak english and people don't understand you kinda makes you upset.
or vice versa.. people speaking in fragmented english. Not to say we don't encounter that here.. we still do. It makes me feel bad I can't understand them.
I guess it was a communication error.

Also kazu, no.. lol you guys fix most of your translations.
Sometimes when I had to re-download IAH my whole game would be korean and they couldn't fix it unless I went in and replaced files.
Not saying we don't have client errors, It seems we actually have more client erros here than we did there.

lol, speak english ? SEA server most players are philio and Australian players.
I'm Australian so i speak english in SEA server, i do encounter people who do not speak english tho. Thats not a problem because it does not occur very often.

As to say so, most people speak english ?

#32 Capsiscool

Capsiscool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

As to say so, most people speak english ?

Dude, why are you so offensive over my comment? I just said I had communication errors and you are all over me on how YOU had none.
Idc if you didn't have any, I did.. and that's all I said. My opinion, end of story.

Two, I know most of the players are Australian but that doesn't mean at the time when I played there was. No, it was mostly Spanish and German players.

Three, THIS http://www.facebook....gonica.iahgames, is the one you are talking about? I was just saying how it claims to be the English server. yet when I played there was hardly any english. Again, its all opinions and Idk why you have to be butt hurt over it. Just say you had none and don't argue it anymore.

geesh.. I'm done. Don't even waste my time anymore unless you are going to ask actual questions x.x

EDIT: I apologize if It seems rude, or if I offend you.. but I don't like being quoted over and over with the same stuff. When its just an opinion, isn't everyone entitled to their own without it sparking arguments?

Edited by Capsiscool, 05 May 2012 - 06:38 AM.

#33 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

Calm down you two.

#34 Capsiscool

Capsiscool

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

>: Sorry Storm...

#35 Henkilove

Henkilove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:58 AM

lol >______________>

#36 Henkilove

Henkilove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

Dude, why are you so offensive over my comment? I just said I had communication errors and you are all over me on how YOU had none.
Idc if you didn't have any, I did.. and that's all I said. My opinion, end of story.

Two, I know most of the players are Australian but that doesn't mean at the time when I played there was. No, it was mostly Spanish and German players.

Three, THIS http://www.facebook....gonica.iahgames, is the one you are talking about? I was just saying how it claims to be the English server. yet when I played there was hardly any english. Again, its all opinions and Idk why you have to be butt hurt over it. Just say you had none and don't argue it anymore.

geesh.. I'm done. Don't even waste my time anymore unless you are going to ask actual questions x.x

EDIT: I apologize if It seems rude, or if I offend you.. but I don't like being quoted over and over with the same stuff. When its just an opinion, isn't everyone entitled to their own without it sparking arguments?

Cheese, nothing big. Not angry or trying to start an argument or anything like that.
I'm sorry >___________>

Don't misunderstand :3

#37 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

Well if the IAH community were to merge, it'd be difficult to judge which server they'd go to... but which is the more likely candidate?

I'm sure IAH players will want a server merge because many in that server are already built up super-heavy on cash things. I'm assuming IAH's playerbase locations aren't all in the IP-blocked zones if there are any in their locations.

Are we the only server with IP-blockings to some areas?

#38 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

There's no way there will be a merge. With the basically free IM events, they can't let them transfer.

Edit: >_________________________________________________________________>

Edited by zabmaru, 05 May 2012 - 08:08 AM.

#39 ChaosIntel

ChaosIntel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMaronu's Castle
  • Server:RageSaga

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

Well...
All i have to say is IAH never got any thing for balance feedback(other servers did), they didn't get the new LoveLove/Domination patch, Their entire Dragonica economy was cash based. Their version was heading downhill very very fast.

WP seems to be a little healthier though we are still getting a stream of new players and old ones returning and with IAH going down it may mean WP might merge their playbase with us or IAH people restart over here? After all we do have that DS international section, but who knows.
/shrug

From my experience in IAH, I agree with Storm's statement. The economical system of IAH was way to cash imbalanced whereas the new players had nothing in common with the cash-based players. Although WP is still getting a steady stream of players, we might expect a blow-up of cross-nation players streaming into the american servers. Fortunately, we will be the last ones alive besides JDragonica. Including the fact that we are a worldwide language (English/American), people will likely come join into the U.S. Server. Saying this doesn't the developers of this game should take a break but work harder instead since this IS POTENTIAL PROFIT.

Hopefully Dragon Saga does not become entirely cash-based but instead have a constant flow of tempting events to play and get into with as well as advertise. The most important thing we need is advertisement. If we could advertise for a certain amount of time, we would have been expecting more players already, including our nice community and awesome game managers that takes care of everything with sincerity.

So far I have not seen any advertisements besides ones sticking up on the side of "unknown" websites. Hopefully this game will become more and more established; better exceeding the expectations of IAH, or, well if they ever had any ;)

#40 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

What a shame. This is just speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Gravity and IAH "didn't work things out" is simply to consolidate the playerbases of both the NA and IAH servers. It's no secret that WP has been throwing everything but the kitchen sink into the mix here on the NA server to try to boost/maintain the server's population.

#41 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Hastur has already confirmed that Gravity has plans with the publisher until at least next year, so we're not shutting down any time soon.

Howerver... and believe me, this is a big however, the current "pay-to-play" attitude of the Gravity staff may boost the revenue of the server in the short term, but I'm fairly certain that such an attitude, if continued, will only serve to be an end to our server. This isn't a healthy environment.
Posted Image

Edit: That being said, I would much rather that this game have a clean death then witness it's slowly continued demise.

Edited by Miname, 05 May 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#42 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

It will slowly demise :)

#43 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, the first person clearly said "How do I get powders faster. You're acting as if he asked "How do I get powders at all?".

#44 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

Posted Image

Also, the first person clearly said "How do I get powders faster. You're acting as if he asked "How do I get powders at all?".

It's all about that instant gratification, I guess.

#45 Dongkeykong

Dongkeykong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

[mod]User has been warned for this post[/mod]

Edited by Hastur, 01 August 2012 - 01:27 AM.

#46 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

Dongkey, you are doing nothing but adding fuel to a fire that has been told to calm down. In my opinion you are being just as much of the problem as anyone else involved and I think it's particularly rude of you to say such a thing after they've already been told to stop.
[mod]You're not exactly helping either prinzu[/mod]

Edited by StormHaven, 05 May 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#47 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

[mod]This topic is a very serious issue and not argument thread over stupid little things or troll posts. At this point I'm at a zero tolerance level for this thread so any and all none related posts will be deleted and I will give you warning. [/mod]

#48 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

[mod]User has been warned for this post[/mod]

Edited by StormHaven, 05 May 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#49 Awpsoleet

Awpsoleet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationSleeping in your bed.
  • Server:That one.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

[mod]This topic is a very serious issue and not argument thread over stupid little things or troll posts. At this point I'm at a zero tolerance level for this thread so any and all none related posts will be deleted and I will give you warning. [/mod]

Offtopic;I can see the [mod] [/mod] thing.
Ontopic;Hmm, does this mean that DS will shutdown aswell? I mean, first THQ* where I played aswell shut down, now IAH? What next, gpotato or JDragonica?

Edited by Awpsoleet, 05 May 2012 - 04:10 PM.

#50 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

Offtopic;I can see the (mod) thing.
Ontopic;Hmm, does this mean that DS will shutdown aswell? I mean, first THQ* where I played aswell shut down, now IAH? What next, gpotato or JDragonica?

[mod]To my knowledge and current way WP DS is being handle I do not see it shutting down anytime soon.[/mod]

Edited by StormHaven, 05 May 2012 - 04:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users