BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Iris

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:29 PM

Increase our level cap, allow the new maps and all that. I have been thoroughly dissapointed by most of the 3rd classes. Sura and Warlock are superpowers, Wanderer/Clown and Mechanic are screwed over classes. There doesnt seem to be any way to fix this crap. Feeling jilted moreso than usual in the game, havent found anywhere I love in the test server at all.

#2 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:09 AM

Warlock OP? thats a joke....Sura is OP

#3 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:19 AM

You think .. Warlock is OP? What have you been smoking? Try looking at RKs/RGs/Chasers/Suras instead. That's OP.

#4 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:33 AM

Mechanics and Rangers really got shafted from what I can tell.

Guillotine Cross is okay, doesn't really seem to be much to complain about, but doesn't stand out much either.

I really know nothing about Genetic or Performers.

RKs/RGs/Chasers/Suras... don't even get me started. -_-

Edited by Sera, 16 September 2010 - 12:34 AM.

#5 Whacko

Whacko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:09 AM

After playing the sura class, I am disgusted with renewal. Typical gravity fix, let's implement an imbalanced ability, but rather then adjust the ability accordingly, let's nerf the other main skill the class depends on. Its like they completely forsook what champs/monks did in the first place (being the best single target DPS) and added imbalanced AoE skills that they never really needed.

#6 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:30 AM

Hmm... not too sure what to say about the warlock comments. But if you don't think warlock has become OP, maybe you might think that about 5+ warlocks in precasting positions are overpowered! -_- I do believe that unless magic strings was changed, the fixed cast time issue still would not be a problem for making powerful precasts, as the main advantage to strings was the drastic after-cast reduction. On top of this, it would be much more difficult to put ME down, and some of their new, more powerful skills are not even ground targeted.

Also, I am generally in the boat for not wanting any renewal mechanics at all. TBH, the 3-x skills do not appear too bad, but obviously adjusting needs to be made for balancing. The problem is, if we do not "have a renewal" but increase the level cap to 150, everything will become broken (definitely and completely).

However, I already have come up with solutions to most of these problems. You could probably even get up to 200 of certain stats and everything would be fine! I will offer my advice at $15 an hour. -_-

Well, that's sort of a joke, but I really would like to try my hand at fixing things...

Edited by LethalJokeChar, 16 September 2010 - 01:31 AM.

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:10 AM

Can't just NOT have renewal. Much like private servers that allowed 150+ levels and 100+ stats, it really breaks game mechanics and favors some classes more heavily than others. Its no less messed up than the renewal we got.

#8 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:10 AM

Warlocks do ok from what i've seen but they are hardly OP. In the example of 5 setup properly precasting, i'd still be more concerned about the sura and RK's nearby.

#9 Spitfire

Spitfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:11 AM

so... hows about... remake the screwed up third classes into something better, get rid of the broken -_- especially fixed cast time on some of the skills... (please note that I said some as I am aware that not all skills were meant to be instant casted) get rid of the stupid drop penalty and maybe change a few other things here and there.... like the actual quests to get to third in the first place and maybe some of the costumes (wanderer = dancer with feathers is disturbing and that's just one of the thirds, there are many more that I think don't look right).... just a thought... alternatively we can let Gravity implement renewal as is and watch as it slowly dies since I don't see alot of people being happy with just about anything in it as is. Then we can all move on to other games.... (something more interesting and exciting and maybe even rewarding!)

#10 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:28 AM

They're not even in the next phase of testing yet. They're focusing on the job change quests at the moment -- after that, some progress may be made with skills.

#11 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:51 AM

Never said Warlocks were weak! I just said they were most definitely not OP. Also, as a side note, ME doesn't matter as all Warlock spells bypass it -_-

#12 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:33 AM

someone else said it best as far as tier lists go

sura
genetic
RG/RK
Sorcerer

everyone else

#13 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:15 AM

^ left out chaser on top -_-

#14 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:22 AM

like the actual quests to get to third in the first place

Errr, I thought that's what we're doing right now, testing the 3rd job change quests? (I mean, the quests have been there since day 1. People just wanted to become a 3rd ASAP and skipped them entirely.) Unless you mean something else.

#15 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:32 AM

PVP at the moment is composed pretty much entirely of Shadow Chasers.

Manhole + Shadow Form + traps and they pretty much win.

Reduction definitely needs to be increased in my opinion. I can't really test a properly geared character with the gears available on the renewal server, but 120 vit and variants and I was still being OHKO'd by stupid skills.

The reason I would say 'let's just not have renewal' is because I really don't think any of this will ever be fixed. iRO doesn't have the know-how, authority, or man-power to make needed adjustments , kRO probably thinks renewal is working just fine, and jRO is probably too busy drawing perverted fanart to really care.

#16 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:46 AM

PVP at the moment is composed pretty much entirely of Shadow Chasers.

Manhole + Shadow Form + traps and they pretty much win.

Reduction definitely needs to be increased in my opinion. I can't really test a properly geared character with the gears available on the renewal server, but 120 vit and variants and I was still being OHKO'd by stupid skills.

The reason I would say 'let's just not have renewal' is because I really don't think any of this will ever be fixed. iRO doesn't have the know-how, authority, or man-power to make needed adjustments , kRO probably thinks renewal is working just fine, and jRO is probably too busy drawing perverted fanart to really care.

This.
Oh wait kRO's answer to this was to give traps a fixed cast of 1 second. They kinda missed the point

A simple fix to this IMO would be the same as why you can't perm-ankle snare someone, make it work just like every other "trap" so you can't put it directly under, or within 3 cells of a player or another trap. It's ability to perm-lock someone is incredibly broken, and theres only a very few ways to counter it, and thats all before it even happens.

Also on topic: Lets not have renewal. Lets also get rid of that broken as -_- trancended classes, what the hell is that broken crap, get rid of it all. Change everyone back to 99/50 2nd classes where it was much more balanced. It's the same kind of arguement.

#17 Jatzu

Jatzu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:48 AM

Shadow chasers are definetly a class that needs some major adjusting. Either a large cooldown needs to be put on shadow form or they need to change what the skill does entirely.

#18 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:49 AM

srsly renewal is coming, make useful suggestions rather than critical ones and changes may be implemented

#19 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:49 AM

I hope they will offer class changes to people like they did for requiem, but I know that probably will never happen either.

Mastersmith used to have the highest single target melee DPS in the game (excluding constant asura), and I invested like 500mil into materials assuming that this would be upheld in some way shape or form. Instead I find myself pretty much playing a Vanilmirth with Focused Arrow Strike.

I'd really just like to sell off my stuff and be a genetic instead.

#20 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:15 AM

I'd really just like to sell off my stuff and be a genetic instead.

Well, you do have the 96 LK... RK's are pretty OP I hear....

#21 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:18 AM

I have no gear at all for it because I was too busy buying stuff for mechanic.

Edited by Sera, 16 September 2010 - 08:18 AM.

#22 KriztanAlizun

KriztanAlizun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:21 AM

kRO (maybe jRO?) Renewal Woe Videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Whanginha <---- plays Shadow Chaser

http://www.youtube.c...ser/LyovMyshkin <---- plays Mechanic

I keep hearing about how people don't want or don't like renewal based on what they've heard or barely experienced themselves. These two youtube channels should enlighten you on how the 3rd classes will work with each other in woe settings (1 and 2). Just look through the videos and focus on your class in the videos. I read above this post that someone feels that Suras and warlocks are the "Big Boys" in the hood when it comes to renewal. This is not true. Most of the time I see Warlocks in Renewal woe videos they are getting beat down by a GX. Suras, like Champs, still use G-fist but there are so many 3rd class skills that can be used to counter fist that they aren't much of a threat.

Honestly, from watching renewal woe videos, reading about renewal, and watching the skill changes...I welcome renewal with open arms. There's nothing wrong with change in a game that's supposed to be FUN! This is not real life after all.

I believe renewal is about MAKING us work together to have fun instead of doing it alone!

#23 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:24 AM

Every class has some pretty messed up skills. Until people have time to get used to them everyone is gonna scream QQ OP. But really almost every class has something extremely powerful when used properly or a counter to another classes extremely OP skill/skills.

#24 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:31 AM

Did you actually watch the mechanic video?

I watched the one right on the front page there, he's an utter -_- novelty class in WoE.

Yeah, he kills a few people, but critting someone to death after they've been hit with multiple asuras doesn't really count in my opinion. Neither does cart ramming lone warlocks.

Also he gets OHKO'd by Royal Guards and also that RK if the RK isn't too busy fighting three other people. HE GETS OHKO'D BY ROYAL GUARDS IN WOE.

I really didn't see him do anything productive in the whole video. At least he seems okay at killing barricades and other things that don't fight back.

Edited by Sera, 16 September 2010 - 08:32 AM.

#25 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:34 AM

Smiths have always been worthless tho. I don't even consider them a class. Ninja is more useful in terms of combat hurr durr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users