• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

• Enriched Oridecon 10 Box sale stop
  • Enriched Elunium 10 Box sale stop
  • Enriched Elunium 5 box at 15% dc perm
  • Enriched Oridecon 5 Box at 15% dc perm
  • Enriched hammer defaults off again (normal).
  • Costume Box sale** 300pt
  • Alora the Hat Dye girl in Eden group learns a trick to making costume gear!
  • Eden Chef hunt quests will give 40,000z to vip members for completing the quests. You get food supplies still.
  • New Gramps TIs
  • 70-95 - Zipper Bear, Alarm
    105-120 - Violy, Death Word
    125-140 - Dolomedes, Frus
  • Current spotlight (Rachel) ends (Beholder quest stays)
  • New Kunlun Spotlight starts (Feedback on the Kunlun current quests so we can improve the rewards please)
    Spawns, drops and exp in Kunlun are enhanced.
  • Jack Be Dandy headgear becomes refinable.
  • Costume Spiky Band, Goggles, Angel Wings & Jack Be Dandy give 15% more EXP on monster kills until July 3rd.
  • Sell 150 pt "Ragnarok Start your Adventure Pack
  • Description update for Gelato Hat, lvl 40 minimum (this is only description update, effect stays as current)
  • Jack be dandy is now upgradable.
  • Genticists can no longer create Tiger Footskins, Heroic Emblems or Bravery Marks.
We are preparing for a fairly significant update soon, due to NDA I can't release information yet, but you will be surprised, and some a bit confused on why it didn't show on Sakray, but this update has taken a fair amount of our time lately.

** The Costume Hat Box is 300pts it gives 1 of the 4 Costume Headgears Spiky Band, Goggles, Jack a Dandy, Angel Wings. These hats are untradable and have no long term effect (the box is tradable). Take the box to Alora the hat dye girl and she will give you the hat of your choice.
Until July 3rd wearing those hats will give bonus exp when hunting and perhaps on some select quests.

You can acquire those 4 headgears from Alora as well, take the normal (or slotted version so Spiky Band[1] or Spiky Band work.) which is +8 or higher and she can transform it into a +0 Costume version. We are going to do this more in the future until we have covered all the old headgear looks you may want, but it is a very long term plan to keep updating this way.

Honest feedback on the TIs last week. We wanted to spice them up for party play by putting more diversified monsters together rather than just the same monsters you would see on that map normally. Monster density is always a hot button topic and is addressed differently depending on which map, but I want to know about the monster DIVERSITY thing we did last week.

#2 Vehona

Vehona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

Enriched Hammer stays?

Upd: Shouldn't this topic be sticky?

Edited by Vehona, 08 May 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#3 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Heim, any updates about the new summoner?

#4 Dolliie

Dolliie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Location♥ Malaysia ♥
  • Server:♥ Chaos ♥

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

costume hat box!

Spiky Band :p_smile:
Goggles :p_sick:
Jack a Dandy :p_love:
Angel Wings :p_hi:

#5 Shisho

Shisho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

Alora the Hat Dye girl in Eden group learns a trick to making costume gear!

What exactly is this? Would love more info on this.

EDIT: Nevermind, saw the update
EDIT2: Since this is on the first page, I'll write something constructive.
Regarding last week's TI and the "Diversity" in monster types, I saw it as a positive change, since slaughtering the same monsters on and on really isn't that exciting. Personally I do not mind having large amounts of random non-TI monsters(In fact I love having some of them around, more variety in drops, keeps solo rangers dead, etc.), but I dislike maps with low spawn(In the Kobold TI's case, huge map with medium spawn is just as bad). The Dimik TI was OK, only because people usually tend to whip out Gwings for a map THAT empty.

In short, the monsters (Or difficulty/diversity of the monsters) is usually not the problem, it's the frustration of how long it takes to get a party ready only to find out the spawn sucks and everyone starts leaving because no one wants to do it.

And I really dislike what you guys are doing with the costume boxes, can you please consider putting them in separate boxes instead of random? X_X A lot of people(including me) would give up buying for alts because it's very unlikely to get what you want out of there.

Edited by Shisho, 08 May 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#6 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

The Chief's quest HIGHLY needs it's rewards changed.

You practically need to give up like 100~200k worth's of items to for a very measly reward. Shoes and Boots are oudated now and most people can just buy some white potions with level 10 discount.

Add in an exp reward or maybe change the OBB to an OPB. Maybe 2~3 OPBs.
For what you have to give up, I say at least 500k Base/Job exp minimum.

The Dropped Knife quest is already really short, so it doesn't need a change really. But if you guys want to up the reward slightly. Perhaps 50k Base exp and 25k job exp to go along with the Blue potions.

Also, this one may be a shot in the dark, but the arena, maybe add in more groups of monsters?

Edited by Tetsamaru, 08 May 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#7 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

Eh, what does "Enriched Hammer defaults off again" mean? Lol.

#8 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

For extra mobs for TI, please don't make their spawns more than the main mob spawns. x_x

#9 Maux

Maux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

So there are no more boxes of enricheds? The only way to get them is buying 1 by 1?

#10 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Diversity is just a bureaucratic devise designed to give equal opportunity to those who don't deserve it. Keep it pure.

#11 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

Honest feedback on the TIs last week. We wanted to spice them up for party play by putting more diversified monsters together rather than just the same monsters you would see on that map normally. Monster density is always a hot button topic and is addressed differently depending on which map, but I want to know about the monster DIVERSITY thing we did last week.

I only did the 135-150 turn in since my 90-110 party just warped us to the real kobolds map.

- For the non-turn in mobs, no ranged monsters please unless there are only very few or they are much lower level
- 135-150 needed insect / demon / boss mobs to prevent ranger soloing
- Having the other bio2 mobs made sense, but bio 2 monster levels are really better suited for 125-140. I would recommend making the mobs better suited towards 135-150 so that the grind exp is better. Good thing the only bio3 mob was margaretha, or our parties would have died a lot though.
- Other people will complain a lot about this for sure, but I'd say the main turn in monsters to the non-turn in monsters ratio should be boosted a little bit. Killing a mob of 10 monsters and only getting 1 or 2 kill counts really doesn't make too much sense.

Edited by kasshin, 08 May 2012 - 02:57 PM.

#12 Lazerbomb

Lazerbomb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

please make the TI maps not suck The "diversity" makes the TIs themselves take like an hour+, its pointless to have the custom maps for the TIs cuz everyone will just go to the normal maps for better spawn...wait this might make people learn how to play again /hmm

#13 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

New hats!

I wanted to use the costume angel wings... But I can't get the box D:

Would be nice if the costume hats were tradable, even more because some people may be full of unwanted ones.

About the turnin variety. Yeah, but was frustrating because the additional monsters boosted challenge without boosting reward.

Example of what I am talking about is much more like adding a few stronger monsters but giving good EXP.

Ranged monsters in a very spacy map like Rachel Field is bad, where people have to pull if they want to really get the kills. In a less spacy map, and here I can include the Rachel Sanctuary or Manuk, the addition of the ranged mobs is a little more... "acceptable".

Except for the density, the turnin was good after all. One hour is alright for a turnin, but some turnins took two or three hours. This was the not fun part.

Kunlun things:

Monsters in arena could be changed to have EXP and drops if they don't.

Edited by asayuu, 08 May 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#14 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

Well, for 135-150, the diversity wasn't that diverse. It was just the Bio3 HP and the regular spawns. It was an okay turn in, but the exp was not worth the 3x at the higher end of the level range (140+, job 40+)
Do the costumes give the exp or the original headgear?
Also, happy 80k likes on facebook. /no1

Edited by Azyrk, 08 May 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#15 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

Pretty sure the problem, one of them anyway, is not the diversity of the monsters on the repeatable turn in maps, but the lack of the TARGET monsters for the turn ins.
Kill stuff for an hour and still not even half finished?
As a non vip user this also means I can only take one of the kill quests at a time, which combined with the previous point results in a pretty unacceptable amount of time to finish, and I'm already getting less exp than vip users anyway.

Edited by Krispin, 08 May 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#16 Laurynthia

Laurynthia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Server:iRO Ymir

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

Deviruchis on the kobold turnin map wasn't a bad idea, especially for those in the 91-99 range.

Cloud hermits were just useless annoying monsters that got in the way.

As the number of kobold target monsters on the turnin map was so poor, those that wanted to do the quest made use of the real kobold map. I would expect the special turnin map to be better than the normal map. Unfortunately this was not the case primarily due to the lack of target monsters but also the ranged additional monsters.

#17 Shadiah

Shadiah

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Diversity is fine but please think about their abilities! Nagas with waterball and owls with lightning bolt on the same map is realllllllllllly annoying. Water/wind armor switching (for those who don't have angeling) and valk shield were a must if you didn't want to die in the rachel sanct ti.Please think of the children!

Also, is the rachel love quest staying in game?

#18 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

The diversity should also not get out of hand. The only reason some harder mobs can be killed is because the map they are in have common properties, like all demihuman, all weak to fire, etc. The bradium golems / dolomedes / guardians map was really bad in that they had no common properties and we were defenseless. We could definitely have used a anti-large monsters shield, but it makes no sense to buy an expensive card for just that one week and never use it again. All other normal maps in the game usually have a common property and we would never use that card or shield ever again. I ended up using a cranial shield due to how strong the guardians were... and they weren't even the real mob.

If you do make the extra monsters a different race / element, please do make sure they are not too high level and intrusive. The dolomedes / bradium golems / guardians turn in really just wasn't worth doing.

#19 Trevoir

Trevoir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

The diversity was ok, but you really need the extra monsters to be extras. The current ratio is WAY off, and if it's a large map where people are probably going to want to pull, try to be nice and lay off with the ranged monsters, unless it's the 1 out of 10 monsters on the map kind of thing.

#20 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

Wow, I LOVE the costume idea.

#21 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

The extra monsters in the map could get a 2x or a 3x exp to make them worth hunting.

#22 ShadowAsh

ShadowAsh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

Diversity is fine but please think about their abilities! Nagas with waterball and owls with lightning bolt on the same map is realllllllllllly annoying. Water/wind armor switching (for those who don't have angeling) and valk shield were a must if you didn't want to die in the rachel sanct ti.Please think of the children!

Really? I didn't have to use either wind nor water armour for that ti and neither did anyone else I partied with...I like having that mix though, makes people actually need to gear properly, like in the ice dungeon ti

#23 Longinus

Longinus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:itsLONGINUS
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

All I know about this last weeks TI's is that I basically lost an entire week of leveling. The maps were way too scattered and the mob spawns were way too low. It wasn't balanced between short/long range mobs and that made it a problem to level. I really hope that this week makes up for the last. I just came back to this game (started playing in open beta) and I really want to remain actively playing. Sidenote: I am an avid/compulsive kafra shopper. :(

#24 AkaiRamone

AkaiRamone

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Diversity on monsters? Yes, monsters were so diverse I was celebrating each time I saw the monster from the real TI.
Feedback? Didn't like it. Spawns were bad, TI monsters didn't mob (Unlike the last vanberk/isilla. That was amazing TI) and I saw a lot of people skipping the TI. Myself didn't level my alt characters due to this. I even saw parties going to the real map rather than your own map.

I say all TIs would be more fun, fast, and easier leveling if you set a high spawn on the TI monsters, low spawn on the "diversity", and really low spawn on the monsters you drop in that summon slaves.

Of course I am not saying you should do a super booster like last scaraba TI (could go from 135 to 150 in one day just grinding)

Just saying my oppinion and I hope you guys really read this...

Also, when are you doing the usual Bio 3 monster TI on 135-150? the one with the 6 biolab monsters? That was the most epic, fun and hardest TI I've ever been and I wish we could see that again!

Edited by AkaiRamone, 08 May 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#25 OrochiKusanagi

OrochiKusanagi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

The TIs for all the ranges weren't very good last week. Ignoring the fact that people didn't actually get what they did request for those types of monsters, there were mob issues with a lack of monsters (the ones you're supposed to hunt anyway) on all the maps.

It was too "diverse." Though that was the least of the TIs issues. The fact that people didn't even use the Kobold map, the 115-130 one just sucked, and the Bio 2 one gave terrible exp for the bracket were the biggest issues. Also you shouldn't be choosing the incredibly large maps without upping spawns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users