May 8 Maintenance - Page 11 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

May 8 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#251 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

But how it could be abused? I think old manuals you can get only at start and won't see ever again. Yeah, you can exchange old manuals for normal ones and normal ones (you get 2 old manuals) for 1 HE manual. But you need 40+ for that.

You really dont see abuse at all? I fully admit to abusing it myself. Have an extra slot on your account, Make Kunai Ninja, get Kunai ninja to level 40 in 10 minutes. Get infinite supply of Battle Manuals.

Besides converting them into an HE manual for 2 and vending them, which people DID DO. You can get infinite manuals to use on your other characters without ever touching the Kafra shop. This was something I only shared with a few of my guildmates as I was hoping the GMs didn't notice it.

They finally took it out though so I couldn't have inifnite battle Manuals anymore.

#252 Vehona

Vehona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

Ah, I see. I just couldn't imagine that there was a way to level char so quickly.

#253 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

There are other players that level way faster than me.

It is possible to get a 3rd class character in 1 day.
It is possible to get to level 150 in 1 day as well. Although this one takes abusing the crap out of everything the game has as well as slave driving your guild's/Friends priest characters.

I believe the fastest I've ever leveled in 1 day was getting from 1 to 99, rebirth, then getting to level 90 again.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 10 May 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#254 Laurynthia

Laurynthia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Server:iRO Ymir

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

Make Kunai Ninja, get Kunai ninja to level 40 in 10 minutes.

Not having played any form of ninja since renewal do they really level that quickly? By killing different monsters to normal chars?

#255 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

It is possible to get to level 150 in 1 day as well. Although this one takes abusing the crap out of everything the game has as well as slave driving your guild's/Friends priest characters.

I believe the fastest I've ever leveled in 1 day was getting from 1 to 99, rebirth, then getting to level 90 again.

but that soooo takes all the fun out of it and you end up not wanting to play for like 2 weeks after that hahaha

#256 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

Not having played any form of ninja since renewal do they really level that quickly? By killing different monsters to normal chars?

yes, yes they do. Even with "Crap" NPC gear. But if you ARE geared, then you can level a Kunai ninja super fast.

When I heard about Kagerou and Oboro, I went and made a Ninja on my main account. I got "Lazy" at the end, but I made a level 94 Ninja in 1 day. Well, by 1 day, I ment 6 hours of playing.

No Gramp's turn-in used at all also. Pure Grinding. And I even forgot to use my old battle manuals as well. So I never once used a Battle Manual on him. Just a fully geared Kunai Ninja.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 10 May 2012 - 03:18 PM.

#257 Vehona

Vehona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

Well, I believe that it's possible to level novice till 3rd class in 1 day - ultra fast parties, BMx3 and other stuff. But old manual abusing is a different story, you can't use that stuff to accelerate leveling speed otherwise the whole process of "level fast to get manuals" becomes pointless (spend manuals to get manuals? :)).

Nevermind, now I don't deny a possibility of fast leveling.

yes, yes they do. Even with "Crap" NPC gear. But if you ARE geared, then you can level a Kunai ninja super fast.

When I heard about Kagerou and Oboro, I went and made a Ninja on my main account. I got "Lazy" at the end, but I made a level 94 Ninja in 1 day. Well, by 1 day, I ment 6 hours of playing.

No Gramp's turn-in used at all also. Pure Grinding. And I even forgot to use my old battle manuals as well. So I never once used a Battle Manual on him. Just a fully geared Kunai Ninja.

Hm, this part is more interesting than case with manuals. It means that I can get 1-2 lvl.99 chars in a day to grind mora coins. It looks more profitable than manuals. And you don't need to delete chars.

Edited by Vehona, 10 May 2012 - 03:25 PM.

#258 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

Using a +5 hurricane damascus and a bloody shackle ball combo and my baby sura to buff me I got 1-99 in 3 real time hours, 2 hours of leveling a ninja lol. Throw kunai ninja 99'ing is a freaking joke.

#259 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

Since it looks like HD ores are being phased out completely, will there be a converter with a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio or something to change them over to enriched ores?

Without breaking NDA or w/e of course.

#260 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

No, because we still need HD's to get to +10. Enriched will only take us to +9 unless they decide to change Enriched hammer.

#261 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

I could have sworn I read that HD ores were being removed from kafra shop, my bad.

#262 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

Fix one-handed sword/dagger kvm slaughter effect please.

Edited by SirDouglas, 11 May 2012 - 11:11 AM.

#263 Knightlazarus

Knightlazarus

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 144 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

Ok fine. To be really blunt, the turn in event cooldowns need to be 12 hours NOT 24..

#264 robbin068

robbin068

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationEternal | Asura
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

I like the way the TI's were done, it actually had me interested in doing the TI's, but then I stepped onto the kobolds to map.... Made me want to stab myself in the eye; honestly that sounded like more fun... Then I went tot he actual kobolds map and it was ok, the rest were a nice spread of monsters and really boosted the potential exp gain, however I believe that you should boost the ti monster's spawn up a little, there seemed to be too even of a spread of monsters on all the TI maps

#265 ValheruWolf

ValheruWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:38 AM

Ok fine. To be really blunt, the turn in event cooldowns need to be 12 hours NOT 24..

Way way too short, Though if they wanted to lower it to 20 hours? Iw ould be prefectly fine with that. Really noying when i end up forgetting and grabbing a TI late at night. yeah it's an hour earlier, but i normally get off 3 hours before that heh.

I like the way the TI's were done, it actually had me interested in doing the TI's, but then I stepped onto the kobolds to map.... Made me want to stab myself in the eye; honestly that sounded like more fun... Then I went tot he actual kobolds map and it was ok, the rest were a nice spread of monsters and really boosted the potential exp gain, however I believe that you should boost the ti monster's spawn up a little, there seemed to be too even of a spread of monsters on all the TI maps

They fixed it this week, Been playing the Comodo Turn in my self. Better diversity, also better map for that point heh, got 14 almost 15 levels (2 from TI) in one party heh. Kobolds was just a bad week

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users