Vital Tree Shoes + Rudolf Hairband = Win? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Vital Tree Shoes + Rudolf Hairband = Win?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:40 AM

Call me dumb, but I really only realized this like 5 minutes ago.

Vital Tree Shoes give an extra 5% recovery rate from items so if you wear that with a Rudolf, it'd be even more overpowered than it already is. Lol. The extra 10% HP and 20% from a Variants is very negligible because you've got free slims to cover for that 10% HP loss from using Vital Tree Shoes and since you've got no SP-stealing gears left (unless you've got a Dracula Card weap which most don't), you'd be using Light Blues anyways to cover for the lack of an RWH.

Please tell me nobody discovered this yet cuz I don't wanna feel dumb :p_sad:

Edited by MotherOneDog, 10 May 2012 - 03:43 AM.

#2 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

Been using the vital trees shoes on most of my chars for a while already, and yes I do have a drac carded hurricane fury for my mechanic / genetic.

For pvm, as long as you don't get one shotted, the extra healing helps a good bit. Granted what's better to use is always context sensitive. Vital tree shoes tend to get overlooked since most people don't even bother potting.

#3 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:10 AM

Yeah, I mean I always knew the Vitals were good, especially if you were using em on a high VIT character. +5% recovery is a good deal more. I only suddenly thought about this because I was trying to figure out how we could abuse the Rudolf headgear more. Lol. The only drawback of the hat can be countered with a card that's worth 100k. If we wanna abuse something, we go big or go home xD Any idea if that Cash Shop item "Regen Potion 5" stacks directly on top of Vital's 5% to give a total boost of 30% recovery?

EDIT: How much is a Drac Card worth anyways? I've always wanted one just for the crazy amount of convenience it gives.

Edited by MotherOneDog, 10 May 2012 - 04:11 AM.

#4 jSora

jSora

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:13 AM

When will people learn to gear switch..... it's not hard to use both the rideword and rudolf hats

#5 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:18 AM

When will people learn to gear switch..... it's not hard to use both the rideword and rudolf hats

So you carry slims/whites on you for potting when you're using the RWH and then also carry Carrots when you switch back to the Rudolf? And then when you take off your Rudolf, you'll put on your Muscipular shield on, wear the Rudolf and then take off the shield and equip your normal shield and then when you run out of SP, you'll take off the Rudolf and put on the RWH, and then once you finally get that SP-steal, you'll rinse and repeat what I just mentioned?

Unless only changing maps gives you back that chance to activate Increase AGI, and dequipping/requipping stuff doesn't, then I wouldn't do what you suggested. I'd rather just bring SP recovery items instead of that.

A wise man once told me, "Buy the stuff you need. But only if you can make more money doing something else with the time you spend hunting for the stuff." Always lived by it. Buying pots/regen items is one of the few things I never have buyers' remorse over.

Edited by MotherOneDog, 10 May 2012 - 04:28 AM.

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:47 AM

There's something wrong if a single mob can destroy you while trying to regain SP when wearing a Rideword Hat. If you're worried about the Agi Up proc, just simply use it to restore your HP after killing a mob rather than while you're fighting one. Hotkey both and learn to balance their uses. It's cheaper in the long run.

I'm sure you're not the only one who's thought about maximizing convenience with Light Blues in place of SP restoring gears, but it most certainly isn't the cheapest option either.

#7 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:54 AM

I always swap between Rudolf and RWH to level my Gen. Pretty messy at early leveling but getting used when kept swapping it o.o

#8 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

I gear swap headgears pretty often, but sometimes I get lazy and let incubus pet do all the sp leeching and keeping rudolf equipped.

#9 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

Eh, I don't see how getting destroyed by a decent mob as a character with 15-20k HP should be deemed as wrong :/

An RWH doesn't proc for SP on every single mob you make. My brother was playing next to me just now on his level 105 Ranger and I was supporting him on my HP to save on pots (we were at Nogg so Camouflage was not an option). His RWH didn't proc once in 11 minutes (we were timing it) and I wasn't mobbing small at all. I mobbed a few 12-20 mobs during the 11 minutes but no cigar. I don't see how it's worth the trouble in the least to keep switching while praying the SP proc occurs after every mob you make. Unless you're a class with a high MHP, you'd usually pot while tanking the mob just so you don't lose the unnecessary 1% EXP for trying to save on a few pots that would've kept you alive. So potting up after taking out the mob, especially on classes with low MHP, it's easier said than done. Even if you're a Mage class with Energy Coat to assist in survivability (assuming you're not a Sorc that can Indulge for SP regen), it wouldn't work too well either because your SP would just drop ridiculously fast and you'd need to pot up for SP on top of potting up for HP. Also, even with a high MHP, it really still depends on how big that mob is.

I agree with your last point about Lights not being the cheapest option, but I've tried using Strawberries and they work just fine as well. Just gotta spam the hotkey a little more than if you had Lights. But honestly speaking, I'd pay 100KP worth of Lights (20*25=500 Lights) any day. Those last me pretty long especially since I'm a big fan of getting higher-than-average INT at the expense of doing less damage that would still OHKO mobs. Let's face it, do Rangers really need to wear the full WW Set to deal 30-40k AS to take out Nogg Road mobs?

Edited by MotherOneDog, 10 May 2012 - 05:16 AM.

#10 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:17 AM

if ur aim is just AS ranger only, go dex/int/vit build. I promise u'll very rarely use any blues, if u ever have to use one with a rwh hat.

#11 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:22 AM

if ur aim is just AS ranger only, go dex/int/vit build. I promise u'll very rarely use any blues, if u ever have to use one with a rwh hat.

Yeah, I'm talking about my brother's Ranger that has 60INT, Variants, 2xD.Rings, +3INT Orlean's Gown, +9 Maestro RWH. He still needs to use SP regens because RWH can be very unreliable at times.

And no, I'm not just talking about Rangers. I was merely using the Ranger as an example of a low MHP class even with decent VIT.

#12 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

@ OP

Ur not dumb. Its a general consensus that what is expensive is better.
While i've been using rudolf hairband + vital tree shoes for long, i've made similar mistakes in the past. So dont grief about this. Its good u realised it now.

#13 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:25 AM

Really should stop being lazy with my alchemist and level it so I can put my blue herbs to use.
Then I remember that I would have to level it with a strictly non combat build to a pretty high level (for non third job anyways) to make it worth doing over just using the npc in alberta to make potions.

And they're too damn heavy to boot.

#14 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:29 AM

Yeah, I'm talking about my brother's Ranger that has 60INT, Variants, 2xD.Rings, +3INT Orlean's Gown, +9 Maestro RWH. He still needs to use SP regens because RWH can be very unreliable at times.

And no, I'm not just talking about Rangers. I was merely using the Ranger as an example of a low MHP class even with decent VIT.

my bad, i didnt realise the ranger was low level. But yeah u need 80+int in order to go full AS build. While i admit u have made a good point about rwh, i would rather use rwh with incubus pet.

#15 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

Really should stop being lazy with my alchemist and level it so I can put my blue herbs to use.
Then I remember that I would have to level it with a strictly non combat build to a pretty high level (for non third job anyways) to make it worth doing over just using the npc in alberta to make potions.

And they're too damn heavy to boot.

Why don't you just go Battle Alchie for 1-99 Pre-Trans and 1-99 Trans instead of "having to level it with a strictly non-combat build to a pretty high level?" Well, at least they made Blue Potions the first option in the list now. Lol. Speeds things up by at least 500%.

#16 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

Its not like getting to third job resets my stat points.
I was more talking about just getting this non transie up to around lv80-90 dumping it all in the brew stats.

And I don't need to hear it about that not being high level.

I completely agree about the int thing btw
It isn't even like we're strapped for points, just shave off a measly few from your highest stats, which you'll hardly notice, and bam asstons of sp/sp regen/sp recovery from items.

#17 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:54 AM

Well, if you're not gonna go for even Trans for your brewer, just go Battle type till as high as you think you can (or want) and then use the free reset from the Mesmerizer NPC? Haha.

Mmhmm, even at higher levels, with an endow and sometimes even without, OHKO-ing with AS is usually pretty manageable. Although I'm assuming by then you'd have some decent enchants on your WW Set to boost your damage some. As for non-Ranger classes, most can't OHKO anyways so there's really not much of a point to get so much of the stat that boosts your skill damage although they could help with cast times.

#18 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:00 AM

Well, if you're not gonna go for even Trans for your brewer, just go Battle type till as high as you think you can (or want) and then use the free reset from the Mesmerizer NPC? Haha.

I think I missed something here.
Free reset?
I thought they stopped handing those out a long time ago.

I would probably need to make a new character to take advantage of this anyway since he's an old character and was around before renewal.
Not that this would be hard, especially if characters do get a free reset.

#19 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

Something's amiss here then, because I always seem to get the RWH to proc for me in almost every other mob I encounter for all of my classes. Although that mostly happens when I also have my Nid Garb equipped and not as often without. The rates stack, so maybe you could try getting an Incubus pet too for the SP restoration to proc. It also procs often when you can find a mob that is bigger than 4 monsters. I can understand not wearing a Nid Garb if you're a Ranger using the WW set though.

#20 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:15 AM

I like my Fricco better.

#21 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

My RWH procs beautifully on my Ranger.

#22 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:33 AM

Something's amiss here then, because I always seem to get the RWH to proc for me in almost every other mob I encounter for all of my classes. Although that mostly happens when I also have my Nid Garb equipped and not as often without. The rates stack, so maybe you could try getting an Incubus pet too for the SP restoration to proc. It also procs often when you can find a mob that is bigger than 4 monsters. I can understand not wearing a Nid Garb if you're a Ranger using the WW set though.

ur right ofc. They all stack. It was pretty much mandatory for rangers when fire trap leveling was the way to level up.
Things have changed now though. Only headgear and one accessory slot is of ur choice. Other gears are pretty much of gravity's choice for the rangers

#23 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

I was told by someone that the pet's effect only works if it's Loyal? And it takes way too long to get it to Loyal. I never wanted to go test that out cuz those pets cost a bomb to just "test out."

I guess so, but my brother's a pretty independent guy so he wants to make his own money through Greeding with a Backpack. He thinks that just lending him my gears is already bad enough. Lol. Or else I'd just lend him my Nid Garb to use for the extra chance to get an SP proc.

Well, in Nogg you barely find a mob less than 5 so that's not really an issue :/

I don't know, I still don't think every class has the privilege of swapping between Rudolf and RWH.

#24 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

I was told by someone that the pet's effect only works if it's Loyal? And it takes way too long to get it to Loyal. I never wanted to go test that out cuz those pets cost a bomb to just "test out."

I guess so, but my brother's a pretty independent guy so he wants to make his own money through Greeding with a Backpack. He thinks that just lending him my gears is already bad enough. Lol. Or else I'd just lend him my Nid Garb to use for the extra chance to get an SP proc.

Well, in Nogg you barely find a mob less than 5 so that's not really an issue :/

I don't know, I still don't think every class has the privilege of swapping between Rudolf and RWH.

yeah, u need the pet to be loyal for it to give its effects. And its really a hassle to make an incubus loyal. In fact i lost one incubus when i was afking and it became very hungry, then left me. So unless ur a patient person, dont even try it.

#25 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

It actually gives you the sp leech bonus even without being loyal. It seems you only get the +5% sp bonus for being loyal. So it's definitely well worth it and worth trying. Rideword hats are overrated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users