implement a pvp room with rewards (exp/items) - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

implement a pvp room with rewards (exp/items)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

whenever i log in i noticed not that much people are doing something. they are all afk or probably vending. you can count with your fingers who are doing the TI quest and guess what you'll always see those

people in the same party every 3 hours. how can we make ragnarok fun and enjoyable again? sometimes i feel like logging on ragnarok is just a waste of time but thats just me. how about we impliment a pvp

room that gives rewards with like exp or items? where people can earn points and exchange them for exp/items (whenever you kill someone they drop a skull with their names which you can exchange for

something). ofcourse, there are restrictions, God Items are not allowed, GR, DR, GTB not allowed, there should be a level limit, so on and so forth.

Lucky Boxes, this killed BG and KVM. period. giving away medals and kvm badges thru that method made players so lazy. monster drops are not worth anything now because of OP items that lucky boxes gives.

but wait, if they were not OP would people still buy lucky boxes? i dont think so. now that iRO is a f2p server that's the only method they can get profit from the players.

those people that are called fun-gineers or something should think of ideas how ragnarok can be fun and enjoyable again. people are only thinking about quests and quests and quests.. if you do that over and

over again its gonna be overrated. think outside the box. every week i see people quitting ymir only has 400 or so players what the heck is that.. sooner or later everythings gonna be over. lets all help to make

this game to be better.

just a concerned midgard citizen,

Hulk

Edited by Hulk, 10 May 2012 - 12:36 PM.

#2 BrutalCeasar

BrutalCeasar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

No.

Won't fix people from being bored. Only a small amount of the population pvp in the first place. PvP is fine the way it is now, giving a incentive to play isn't going to change the amount of people that participates in it.

#3 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

Implement DB/BB breaking room without being sent back or death penalty, with say a 30min timer, after which it will be open to public for 15mins before it blows up

#4 FatherBob

FatherBob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

PVP with rewards? As if there isn't enough trolls in pvp already....

#5 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

Wouldn't it be very easy to exploit pvp if there were exp and prizes? I mean thats what players did in DragonSaga to get achievement medals

#6 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

negativity.. that's why the servers are failing..

#7 FatherBob

FatherBob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

Also would be very easy for people to abuse, especially given the vast quantity of God Items available on Ymir. Just the thought of that mess makes me not want to get within a click (distance, not mouse) of those PvP rooms.

#8 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

Simple:

MAKE KVM POINTS/BG MEDALS WORK LIKE PRIZE MEDALS (aka give exp for each). Then done.

#9 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

so true

#10 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

Implement a PVP mode that will allow players to steal equipment from other plays for successful kills . Exclude non-tradable items of course.

#11 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

Implement a PVP mode that will allow players to steal equipment from other plays for successful kills . Exclude non-tradable items of course.

ooohh now that might be fun...everyone in pvp neekid...

#12 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Also would be very easy for people to abuse, especially given the vast quantity of God Items available on Ymir. Just the thought of that mess makes me not want to get within a click (distance, not mouse) of those PvP rooms.

as i stated "God items, GR, DR, GTB. etc. would not be allowed. the first thing you guys thought about is exploiting it? a mind set that way will go very far.

probably a pvp with only npc items can be used. that's gonna be pretty cool. its gonna be about skills not by having massive amounts of god items.

Edited by Hulk, 10 May 2012 - 12:30 PM.

#13 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

if you think that ppl being negative are the reason why the game is failing then i do not know what to say to you

#14 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

if you think that ppl being negative are the reason why the game is failing then i do not know what to say to you

Let me rephrase that, "negativity is one of the many reasons why the games is failing".

#15 TargetMonster

TargetMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

well its not like you're helping take away the "negativity" with a bad idea.

#16 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Long time ago, there was nightmare pvp, and naked monks running around...

I don't understand why would someone say that pvp'ish rooms with a reward would be a bad idea. I mean, the most amazing event outside of woe was when battleground came and they were functional right before renewal, and people logged and crowded them everyday. Then renewal came and broke the rooms and mechanics, and then GMs added cooldowns, and then made earning medals useless, etc.

I don't think RO can have positive changes unless a fresh, kafrashopless prerenewal server (or really balanced renewal) without gramps,etc existed. Until then, good luck everyone who still plays RO xP.

#17 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

sorry i had to stop at naked monks cause i was laughing so hard thinkin about that....thanx for the awesome laugh

#18 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

Naked Sura > Any Other Naked Class

That CC+GFist...

GoH would still do pretty nice damage with red-zone HP.

#19 JasRiddle

JasRiddle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

1 kvm per skull... lol
Makes pvp a REAL pvp room and not a chatting room

Edited by JasRiddle, 10 May 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#20 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

we already have 4 dedicated sets of rooms to rewarding you for pvp. BG, KVM, poring battle(ok that ones debatable) and woe.

All that would happen if rewards were added to the one remaining pvp room is nobody would pvp, they would all just farm it (or complain that its not worth farming, one of the two).

They arent being negative. They're pointing out the truths that your trying to ignore. Just because a valid point doesnt match what you want, doesnt make it negative.

Edited by Hrothmund, 10 May 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#21 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

The bottom line is that people could potentially abuse a system such as this on their own if you simply have to kill someone to get rewarded with no effort. Let's say I'm inclined to play along with your suggestion...exactly how would this benefit classes that can't kill anyways?

Best course of action is to do a series of updates and bug fixes for Battlegrounds, but the GM's didn't seem to pay any heed to my discussion thread about it. That or it's likely that kRO just doesn't have the competency to fix the existing Renewal bugs that started plaguing Battlegrounds as soon as Renewal was implemented on our servers.

Class and level balance is also an issue in most cases. You can't exactly do crap against a Lv150 player if you're not even close to Lv150 in the first place.

Edited by GuardianTK, 10 May 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#22 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

Let's say I'm inclined to play along with your suggestion...exactly how would this benefit classes that can't kill anyways?

This was my thought as well, since RO has classes based on buffs/disables who don't fit into the standard MMO "kills/damage dealt/HP healed" scoring systems. (Rogue, Sage, and Dancer/Bard classes.)

#23 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

How about... use that Idea, However... you can ONLY use the equipment that vendor NPCs provide in the PVP Zones, Kinda like what RWC Did. It challenges players to use equipment that have been provided for THEM, and then there's only actual skill involved in PVP. This includes healing items as well, and when you leave/log out of the PVP Zone the items are removed from your inventory. The Items themselves could be cheap equipment at 0z as well as pvp exclusive pots and stuff. The idea may not be practical but it would be kinda fun playing on restricted gear and skills only

#24 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

I'd rather they focus on improving the rewards for organized GvG, AKA WoE before they help people make their e-peens bigger via PvP.

Not to mention how easy it would be to farm rewards through PvP.

#25 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

I'd rather they focus on improving the rewards for organized GvG, AKA WoE before they help people make their e-peens bigger via PvP.

Not to mention how easy it would be to farm rewards through PvP.

Isn't that what God Items and Guild Dungeons are for though...? :\ Not to mention Woe:TE Coming eventually (only in kRO Atm)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users