The Greed Skill...forget this stupid game - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The Greed Skill...forget this stupid game

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

Honestly this game has had its issues but the greed skill takes the cake, in a game that is pretty much solely based on your gear...giving one class the right to automatically pick up everything around them, so much for fair looting, if your a blacksmith you win and every other class loses seriously...what idiot designed this...well ya im done that's game breaking enough for me.

If you going to put a skill in the game that so lopsided changes the balance in anyway it should be shared among ALL classes not just one...when the sense of fairness is removed from a system what's the damn point, roll smith or lose...or quit. ya that's the last cent this damn game gets outta me.

ralis edit; please do not bypass the filters.

Edited by Ralis, 13 May 2012 - 07:28 AM.

#2 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

An OP thread thats NOT about Suras or Rangers? well now I've SEEN everything.

#3 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

Yeah, it's not like they introduced a garment that enables the use of greed for any class...! That would have been awesome.

#4 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

oh wait Mr. sarcasm they did, didn't they you just had to spend real money to get it, Heroic Backpack right have you seen one sale lately, no probably not, in fact its bull-_-...

#5 Geostigmatashi

Geostigmatashi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

in TI ... all that alchy and mech take all the item QAQ;;
poor priest didn't get any money and need to waste gem for those who die QAQ;;

#6 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:36 AM

Greeding loots in a turn in won't get you very far with zeny. In fact, if people overdo it, they're at a pretty high risk for getting kicked for doing nothing but greeding. It's best to keep an eye out for the actual rares on the map, like cards, armor, etc. Or try to 150 as quick as possible or get to a high level where you can start to MVP for MVP drops for zeny. Though even those are not worth much lately (at least in valk server).

Heoric backpack is a kafra item, but you can buy one with zeny from other players.

#7 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:41 AM

Im more pissed off when people are using backpack and dying alot, while blaming me as the AB..

ffs if you want to stay alive use Immune Nid or something.

#8 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

Greeding loots in a turn in won't get you very far with zeny. In fact, if people overdo it, they're at a pretty high risk for getting kicked for doing nothing but greeding. It's best to keep an eye out for the actual rares on the map, like cards, armor, etc.

The point is exactly keep an eye out for the cards/armor that you cant even see cause some -_- has already greeded everything that dropped...because in a group, people group up the monsters and aoe them down putting all the loot in one little area, and if the party leader does adjust looting so that they cant take everything, THEY TAKE EVERYTHING....in one shot, no way for anyone to even have a chance at picking anything up, thats fair...right. If cards/armor/weapons/accessories were excluded from what could be looted that's one thing but when you can even tell if a card has dropped cause someone Greed loots everything that drops ya awesome....NO

ralis edit; don't bypass the swearing filter.

Edited by Ralis, 13 May 2012 - 07:30 AM.

#9 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

The point is exactly keep an eye out for the cards/armor that you cant even see cause some as$hole has already greeded everything that dropped...because in a group, people group up the monsters and aoe them down putting all the loot in one little area, and if the party leader does adjust looting so that they cant take everything, THEY TAKE ƒUCKIN EVERYTHING....in one shot, no way for anyone to even have a chance at picking anything up, thats fair...right. If cards/armor/weapons/accessories were excluded from what could be looted that's one thing but when you can even tell if a card has dropped cause someone Greed loots everything that drops ya awesome....NO

If you really do not want them to greed then the solution is simple. DO NOT PARTY! Yes, it is that simple. Soloing is the way to go because all drops will be 100% yours!

#10 Geostigmatashi

Geostigmatashi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

If you really do not want them to greed then the solution is simple. DO NOT PARTY! Yes, it is that simple. Soloing is the way to go because all drops will be 100% yours!

not that simple for FS priest : (

#11 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

Yup this game redefine all logic
Posted Image

#12 Yomihime

Yomihime

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationWandering aimlessly in Ragnarok universe

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

Yup this game redefine all logic
Posted Image

I saw someone buying novice pots for 9m ea in ragial history XD

#13 JoeBlacks

JoeBlacks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

worst players are the one that greed right after the monster dies no matter an item drops or not!

For instance in last weeks Bio TI's even before u can see an item drop from (the theif girl) lol forgot her name, some friends greeds it already regardless there is an RT or not..

#14 Vehona

Vehona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:50 AM

TI Wishlist:
  • Block polymorphing - Done
  • Block Greed - In progress :)

#15 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:52 AM

how about no drops for TI, so ppl would actually do the damn thing instead of focusing on the loot.

#16 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Server:Valk

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:40 AM

I hate when the AB's wearing backpack and greeds before healing. Or better yet, greeds before ressing. But there is a simple solution. Hate greeders? Set item share so items get disbursed over the whole party (I do this in my parties, and if people dont like it, just drop the loot or leave.) I've gotten cards and good gear (imperial spear, RT and more) this way. The greeder then becomes useful in evenly distributing the items. REALLY hate greeders? Kick em. :) There is solutions!

Also, if you cant get the leaders of parties to set the share, make your own party. Thats what I do~

I specifically tell people who greed "Continue greeding and I will kick you." Ofcourse, people don't read chat. So if they do it again, give one more warning. Then be sure, as you kick them say "I warned you to stop greeding" so when they go to PM you "Why did you kick me you ashhole!" they read what you said and stuff a sock in their mouth. /no1

Edited by Fluffylovr, 13 May 2012 - 02:41 AM.

#17 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:27 AM

I hate when the AB's wearing backpack and greeds before healing. Or better yet, greeds before ressing. But there is a simple solution. Hate greeders? Set item share so items get disbursed over the whole party (I do this in my parties, and if people dont like it, just drop the loot or leave.) I've gotten cards and good gear (imperial spear, RT and more) this way. The greeder then becomes useful in evenly distributing the items. REALLY hate greeders? Kick em. :) There is solutions!

Also, if you cant get the leaders of parties to set the share, make your own party. Thats what I do~

I specifically tell people who greed "Continue greeding and I will kick you." Ofcourse, people don't read chat. So if they do it again, give one more warning. Then be sure, as you kick them say "I warned you to stop greeding" so when they go to PM you "Why did you kick me you ashhole!" they read what you said and stuff a sock in their mouth. /no1

Well I hate when party leader set this mode.

My inventory will quickly filled with craps and SP stops regen before I realized there is no more juice . and the whole party dead.

#18 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:53 AM

I greed a lot on my sorcerer, but just after casting Psychic Wave.

And never failed at giving SP to someone at my screen. Just failed once when half party went to one side, half party went to the other, and someone on the "other" half of the party called me.

By the way, you are not allowed to bypass the word filter, even if you want to complain.

I love being a sorcerer anyways, I can greed until 90% weight and this does not BOTHER me at all. I'm as effective as I am under 50% :rice:

And seriously, now you think blacksmiths are overpowered because of Greed, but, what else can they do? Bug Coluseo Heal with their robots, or run to melee range to hit things with Axe Tornado hoping to deal damage before rangers/warlocks/sorcerers/genetics cast?

I remember a time I asked to turn item share off so I could greed without competition, AND THEY SET THE ITEM SHARE OFF!

Edited by asayuu, 13 May 2012 - 03:57 AM.

#19 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Server:Valk

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:57 AM

Well I hate when party leader set this mode.

My inventory will quickly filled with craps and SP stops regen before I realized there is no more juice . and the whole party dead.

I only set it when I have a user with a backpack in the party, and I make sure all users in party are aware it is set and the guidelines of deal with it and drop craps or not join. Personally I would perfer to have a chance at getting one of those nice items that the greeder is always getting when its not set. For instance the Rogues Treasure I got. Thats 99m heda had for a kill he didn't make. Just kinda makes it fair to the greater party.

#20 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:14 AM

just cuz u cant afford backpack doesnt mean everyone with it should get nerfed

everything in life isnt the way you want it, deal with it or quit

#21 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:18 AM

Stop entering TIs with 49% weight. It's your responsibility to manage your inventory, not other people. :P

#22 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

Stop entering TIs with 49% weight. It's your responsibility to manage your inventory, not other people. :P

I enter at 70%!

And hell, if people get overweight from the loot, just ask me for SP, JUST NOT IN CAPS. IF YOU ASK IN CAPS I DON'T GIVE FULL SP, ONLY HALF :rice:

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

some ABs carry potions and have actual equipment, item share is really freaking dumb if you care about living.

#24 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:32 AM

It's a terrible item for a small area with massive spawn to drop items. As if being spoon feed lvlin with TI wasn't enough, to add insult to the injury they also drop items. People will complain when they greed, they complain when aoe, tank and healer, focus too much on items and let the entire party die, they will also complain when a freelancer is running around looting, not only that, it also mess around with the market for the entire week. My suggestion to GM is prevent monster from dropping items in TI.

#25 Vehona

Vehona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:34 AM

Maybe just throw away items if they exceed 50% weight?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users