MasterSmith Upgrade Weapon question. - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

MasterSmith Upgrade Weapon question.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:45 AM

Hey all I was just wondering if the Upgrade Weapon skill of the MasterSmiths gets any bonus's from anything but Job Level? Like Dex/Luk/Int like normal forging.

Also have they corrected this skill to work properly when your a Mechanic? Since you can only hit Job 50 it's like you get no bonus over the NPC anymore :( It would kind of suck if you went through all that trouble and now are totally screwed.

Was wondering why there was no upgrade for the other gear as well. I mean Weapon only is kind of strange.

#2 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

no, the obly bonues they get is if jlevel is over 50 they gain 0.5% more chance for job level is you are at jlvl70 you have +10% chance of sucess, if you are a mech you get the bonus like the you are jlvl 70 since you can only change to mech with weapon refine if you are a WS 70 job

#3 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

I thought WS does weapon refine much better than mech because of job level.

#4 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

I thought WS does weapon refine much better than mech because of job level.

it doesnt

#5 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

Does mech have to be job 50 to get the rates same as job 70 WS?

#6 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

he could even be at job level 1 that have the same chance of WS jblevel 70

#7 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

he could even be at job level 1 that have the same chance of WS jblevel 70

Wow ok thanks.

I was kind of afraid I would either have to leave my MasterSmith at 99/70 or lose the bonus. Was really not looking forward to making another just for an upgrade slave phew.

It's Kind of odd though because you DO NOT have to be job level 70 as MasterSmith/WS to change into Mech. You can do it as soon as Job 50, even though it would be stupid not to go all the way to 70. So it's kind of odd that either way you apparently get the bonus as if you were/had gone to job 70.

#8 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

if you change at jlvl 50 the chances will be like you are at jlvl 50! so always change at jlvl70 for every char

#9 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

I'm sorry what? Did you just say Mechs have the same upgrade rate as job 70 Mastersmith? Since when did that happen?

Cause I'm still seeing every pure forger Mastersmith still at 99/70 because Upgrade weapons hasn't been fixed for Mechs and they have better forge rates.

A job 50 Mech has the same rate as Job 50 Mastersmith. Meaning just by going Mech, you give up being able to Weapon Upgrade since there is no job 70 for Mechs.

PLEASE tell me where in the patch notes or Data files that says a Job 50 Mechanic still gets the Upgrade weapon bonus that a Mastersmith getsa at job 70. Because right now, I'm calling ***** on that.

Don't lead astray the newbie players.

If you want a blacksmith for Weapon upgrading, you need to stay as a 99/70 Mastersmith. Changing to Mechanic blows away your weapon upgrading. If you actually want to play a Mechanic but still want to weapon upgrade, you will have to make a 2nd MasterSmith character just for weapon upgrading.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 13 May 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#10 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

I'm sorry what? Did you just say Mechs have the same upgrade rate as job 70 Mastersmith? Since when did that happen?

Cause I'm still seeing every pure forger Mastersmith still at 99/70 because Upgrade weapons hasn't been fixed for Mechs and they have better forge rates.

A job 50 Mech has the same rate as Job 50 Mastersmith. Meaning just by going Mech, you give up being able to Weapon Upgrade since there is no job 70 for Mechs.

PLEASE tell me where in the patch notes or Data files that says a Job 50 Mechanic still gets the Upgrade weapon bonus that a Mastersmith getsa at job 70. Because right now, I'm calling ***** on that.

Damn I thought this might be the case.

But I think you may be overlooking the fact that "Pure Forger" Builds care about using the OTHER forging skills such as "Smith Dagger", "Smith Axe" etc...

The thing is Weapon Upgrade is unlike the other forging skills because it apparently gets NO BONUS from Dex & Luk.

Only Job level effects both the normal forging skills and Weapon upgrade it appears.

I am really not in the mood to make a 2nd MasterSmith just to upgrade weapons at better rates than normal. My current Blacksmith just trans'd and is at lvl 13 High Merchant now.

#11 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

Ya, I know Weapon upgrade is only based on Job level. I was just trying to make a point that the Job levels have not been fixed fore forgers.

I have no seen anything to the contrary that says the weapon upgrade has been fixed for Mechs. And yes, if you want to have a character for weapon upgrading. You will have to make another character or ask someone in your guild. Most Guilds have a dedicated Forger or Mastersmith at job 70 anyway.

#12 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:24 AM

Hey all I just was thinking of a way to fix the forging rates for Mechanics.

Would a Mechanic ONLY equipment level req 100+ that adds

+10% to Weapon Upgrade
and
+4% to Smith "Weapon"

be a way to make Job 50 Mechs at least on par for forging rates as a MasterSmith Job 70? (Minus the 120 stat cap ofc)

There is no way I can see that this is abusable and would at least allow WS's to not just have to stay non-3rd class for the best bonus.

Please let me know if this would "Fix" the problem as a short cut instead of dealing with the skills themselves.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 25 May 2012 - 02:25 AM.

#13 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

people make lvl 99/50 mastersmiths for the sole point of having someone to upgrade weapon

i made 1

as soon as they go mech you'll never have that bonus to upgrade as high as you did ever again

#14 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

people make lvl 99/50 mastersmiths for the sole point of having someone to upgrade weapon

i made 1

as soon as they go mech you'll never have that bonus to upgrade as high as you did ever again

I know ppl make 99/70 MasterSmiths for upgrading. I am just saying it's crappy to have to NOT progress with your guy just for the purpose of using those couple skills.

I thought this would be a way that would require the least work on their part to fix it for us. To get the same chance as a 99/70 WS your Mechanic would need to be Job 50 and have the Gear I suggested.

I guess they could also make a similar item for Geneticists using Prepare Potion since they lose 4% as well not being able to get to job 70 again.

I just think it's more urgent for the 10% Weapon Upgrade loses compared to the 4% Smith Weapon or Potion Creation lose. Especially since Weapon Upgrade has ONLY Job level to help it get better chances.

#15 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

I guess they could also make a similar item for Geneticists using Prepare Potion since they lose 4% as well not being able to get to job 70 again.

I just think it's more urgent for the 10% Weapon Upgrade loses compared to the 4% Smith Weapon or Potion Creation lose. Especially since Weapon Upgrade has ONLY Job level to help it get better chances.

a genetic with job lvl 1 that change from a 99/70 bio still count as he had lvl job 70 at least for geneticist iam 100% of this, thats why i was assuming that upgrade/forger mech still counts as he had jlvl70 and still dont think that how it work like alot of ppl says here since my mech with jlvl 10 would have less chance to upgrade than the npc but when i refined 20 weapons lvl 3 from +5 to +6 i end up with 16 +6 weapons or am i too lucky?

Edited by Rafa07, 25 May 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#16 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:22 AM

You are simply too lucky and you got balls for doing it.

There is too much counter-evidence as well as the data proves that a level 150/50 Mechanic does NOT get the same rates as a level 99/70 Mastersmith.

Thats why i asked you to supply patch notes and client changes of when it got fixed since you kept claiming that a job level 1 Mechanic had the same rates as a job 70 Mastersmith.

The day the fix the weapon upgrade job level problem, they will fix Genetic potion fixing problem too. As a job 50 Genetic still loses the job bonus to pot making that a Biochemist at job 70 would have gotten.

If kRO wanted to be "Lazy", they could "Fix" the problem by changing up 3rd class's max job level from 50 to 70.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 26 May 2012 - 04:24 AM.

#17 Ritzz

Ritzz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

giving a chance to level to 70job for 3rd class will giv access to almost all 3rd class skills...

so dont think GM's would ever do that...

1 thing they can do is make bonus start from job 30 for mechanics only, that would fix it...

#18 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

Mastersmith/Biochemist have better base rates for crafting than Mech/Gene.
It was never fixed even though it should have been.

#19 Kerkie27

Kerkie27

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:23 AM

Could I have an Insight with regards to the newly edited post in iRO Wiki about this skill..

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Upgrade_Weapon

Upgrade Weapon

• After Job Level 50, the user's Job Level increases the Success Rate by 0.5% each versus the NPC, up to 10%. However, the Job Level applied is Mastersmith job level. When the player promotes to Mechanic class, the game will use their Job Level as Mastersmith when performing this skill. (e.g. The user was Level 99/69 Mastersmith, then promoted to Mechanic and starting over from Job Level 1. The game will still use Job Level 69 when doing this skill).
  • The desired weapon does not have to be equipped by the user in order to be upgraded via this skill, and must not be in order for it to appear on the selection menu.

Is this already patched? I've seen the page edited on November 25th of 2016..

#20 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:05 AM

Paging fuyukikun.

#21 8464131223201318730

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:24 AM

so whats the conclusion?

#22 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:28 AM

Just seeing how the brewer system doesnt "stores" your biochem job level increased chance on brewing, upgrading should work the same way. In fact i havent seen anything on this game that uses "stored" data from previous classes.

#23 AAEM

AAEM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:49 AM

Can I rely on irowiki?

#24 8464131223201318730

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:35 PM

i guess i better play it safe.. creating one more char wont hurt

#25 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:54 PM

it never patched, it is always there.
i tested more than 5000 weapons and my rate to +8 is 12ish% as a mechanic.
it ahould be 6% if the job storing system doesnt applied.

tired to explain the same things over and ovet again, even after i put it on wiki *sigh*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users