Getting stuck at "Connecting to server" - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Getting stuck at "Connecting to server"

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ItWillRain

ItWillRain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Location"Connecting to server" screen -_-
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis duh

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

It's been doing this since I downloaded the game last night. I've tried re-installing the game twice and I run it on windows XP service pack 2, I also run the game as an administrator. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to fix this?

Any help is appreciated...

#2 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

This is due to the game client not being able to access the internet through your antivirus or router.
You will also want to make sure that you have the ports for ROSE open as well.

https://support.warp...-play-rose.aspx

#3 ItWillRain

ItWillRain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

This is due to the game client not being able to access the internet through your antivirus or router.
You will also want to make sure that you have the ports for ROSE open as well.

https://support.warp...-play-rose.aspx

I've Enabled Rose through my firewall but it still does not let me connect. I'm not sure what you mean by having all the ports open. I think it's been doing this since I switched from high speed internet (wireless) to Fibre optics (wireless)... I'm not sure if that would make any difference but just a thought.

I see from your link which ports to open but I have no idea how to get to the place to open them lol

Edited by ItWillRain, 15 May 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#4 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

Your new router probably has settings on it that block ports by default.

You will need to login to the router and make sure that those ports in the link above are open.

#5 ItWillRain

ItWillRain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

Your new router probably has settings on it that block ports by default.

You will need to login to the router and make sure that those ports in the link above are open.

Sorry for being a nuisance but computers are not very familiar to me lol.. could you explain how I can log in to the router? I've tried to find it out on my own but I cannot for the life of me find it D: I'm using Windows 7 and I'm on a laptop.

and thanks for helping so late :x

Edit: I called support and I enabled the Upnp for the router. The support guy said that was supposed to open up all ports for online gaming since I'm using fibre op but I'm still unable to login lol. I'll try re-installing again x_x and edit this when it has finished: re-installing did nothing.. what a surprise lol

Edited by ItWillRain, 16 May 2012 - 07:20 AM.

#6 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

Right click on the ROSE Online icon in your Start Menu and click on Properties.
Click on 'Open File Location' and right then right click on RoseOnline.exe and click on Properties.
Go to Compatibility and make sure that the 'Run this program as an administrator' is checked. Hit Apply and Ok.
Then do the same for TRose.exe (Run this program as an administrator)

Then try to launch it once again.

If this doesn't work, I would like to know of some information
Do you have any antivirus installed, if so which one and what version
Then the name of your router and its model number.

#7 ItWillRain

ItWillRain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

Right click on the ROSE Online icon in your Start Menu and click on Properties.
Click on 'Open File Location' and right then right click on RoseOnline.exe and click on Properties.
Go to Compatibility and make sure that the 'Run this program as an administrator' is checked. Hit Apply and Ok.
Then do the same for TRose.exe (Run this program as an administrator)

Then try to launch it once again.

If this doesn't work, I would like to know of some information
Do you have any antivirus installed, if so which one and what version
Then the name of your router and its model number.

I've done what you said and nothing changed

I have Norton Antivirus with anti-spyware 2012
My router name is Actiontec and the model number is R1000H

I got a reply back for the support team on my ticket and I had to do a trace through the command prompt. I sent it to Bell Aliant to see if they could analyze the cause of the lag, I haven't heard back form them but I should be getting a response soon.

Edited by ItWillRain, 16 May 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#8 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

Can you try turning off Norton and the Anti-Spyware, and connecting, just to see if its Norton causing this for you or not.
If it isn't then turn Norton back on, if it is then we need to figure out a way for Norton to allow the game client to connect.

#9 ItWillRain

ItWillRain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

Can you try turning off Norton and the Anti-Spyware, and connecting, just to see if its Norton causing this for you or not.
If it isn't then turn Norton back on, if it is then we need to figure out a way for Norton to allow the game client to connect.

Nope, It still gets stuck >.<

I turned norton off and my firewall.. and it still wouldn't go

Edited by ItWillRain, 16 May 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#10 ItWillRain

ItWillRain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

Is there anything else I could try? I've gotten a reply from the support team and they say that according to the trace results my connection should be fine and shouldn't have any problem connecting to the server.

They said it might be that my firewall is not allowing the connection as you said earlier but I've already set the rule to allow rose through and I've tried with the firewall off. They said the router's build in firewall may be the reason as well, I assume that means the ports? I'm not sure but if so, all the ports are open.

thanks

#11 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

a little something i found

try turning the firewall on the router off when you try to log in and see if that works

#12 ItWillRain

ItWillRain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

a little something i found

try turning the firewall on the router off when you try to log in and see if that works

Yeah I seen that too, but I just thought of something lol... it couldn't be the router because when I'm at my father's house he has just regular high speed internet and I still can't log in. Maybe it's this computer :/ idk, I've played Rose on this computer for close to two years with little problems.. like no npc chat, and sometimes I got stuck on the char screen then one day it just stopped and I've been getting stuck at the connecting to server screen ever since. There hasn't been anything I've changed really.. just downloaded and deleted some other games, but I don't see how that could cause problems.This is so annoying -_- My brother has the same type of laptop as me and Rose worked on his until he broke it about 4-5 months ago lol :x

I'm going to try and restore this computer to like 6 months ago and see if that changes anything lol

Edited by ItWillRain, 23 May 2012 - 09:49 AM.

#13 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

If that doesnt work, where do you have ROSE installed, and where does your brother have it installed?

#14 ItWillRain

ItWillRain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

If that doesnt work, where do you have ROSE installed, and where does your brother have it installed?

It is just in "Local disk" and I can't check my brother's because he dropped and broke his screen awhile back lol

#15 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

you could try installing it to the desktop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users