#1 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

I have a 102 Dieter and it's pretty irritating to lvl it without an AoE skill. The one he has, he learns it at lvl 109. So I wanted to know where should I lvl it to reach 109? OD2 gives -_-ty exp.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

Uh, OD2 is the only place that doesn't suck. Exp on dieter is really painful until it gets lava slide, especially if the dieter wasn't a vani pre-S. But it's okay, because it will outlevel any other homun S by the end, lava slide (and later magma flow) are amazing!

#3 Laurynthia

Laurynthia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Server:iRO Ymir

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

During the course of the current 2x exp event my Amstr->Dieter has levelled from 105 to 122. Practically all of the exp has come from OD2. Prior to this I had levelled it in Brasilis 1. As soon as it reached 109 and obtained lava slide levelling speed greatly increased.

My Dieter is levelling much faster than my Vani->Sera (102-110) over the same period.

#4 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

Okay, I'll lvl it at OD2 then, but it earns like 1% per 20-40 mins x.x. Mine is Amstr>Dieter too!
I still don't find a good spot on OD2, and when I find it, after 20 mins the big mobs are gone. I always have to fwing it to find another spot, and it's pretty annoying.

#5 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

thats because on Ymir there are many alchemists in OD2 while on valkyrie there probably arent enough to keep the spawn rate up

#6 Laurynthia

Laurynthia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Server:iRO Ymir

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

Even Ymir OD2 encounters spawn problems at certain times of day if too many afkmists have left. e.g. Today at ~7am server time ALL the monsters ended up stuck in an unoccupied corner until I cleared them up.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

Dieter outlevels Sera until Sera gets poison mist. Sera's poison mist using 1.50 dev 3 completely dominates Dieters exp, if you can get a spot that gets the benefit of the skill (you need trains of zenorcs and flies for it to really shine - dieter likes herds, that stick together and all get nuked at once, while sera's mist will work with a steady stream of zens running by the owner). In less optimum (ie, typical OD2) conditions, poison mist sera is about the same as lava slide dieter.

Edited by DrAzzy, 20 May 2012 - 12:25 PM.

#8 DatchaRO

DatchaRO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNear Detroit,MI
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:NightFlyte/Lum/Elwing

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Kind of late reply here..I'd only just started leveling my Amistr>Dieter on the last day of 2x exp...
Found essentially it to be really slow (due to add hit to aspd on -S ing) and took awhile to realize I'd not been using the dance attack.
(I'd disabled it due to extreme main char aspd drop while dance was active-and I wasn't AFKing my Lif)
Once I re-enabled that things went much better. Not great, but better.

#9 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

So the online place I could lvl it is OD2? No more places? x.x

#10 DatchaRO

DatchaRO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

Well...it's basically the primary spot...as far as AFK'ing is concerned. But I'm finding it a bit fickle..looks like a lot tend to only go to OD2 when the exp rate is doubled now.
Once it hits that Lv109..levelling along outside (e.g. amatsu 2 non-AFK) will start to outdo OD2 AFK levelling.
Problem is with such a slow attack rate before the skills, the amount the Dieter gets per monster is about the same as killing in OD2... :/
I have just reached 104 with my Dieter...took basically an entire day from say 10AM to 5PM, then 8PM to 5AM to get it 80% to level...
if I could just feed my Dieter one of those berzerk pots... :)

#11 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

ama_dun02 is better than od2 right now, with slowly increasing numbers and good spawns it could be epic :3

#12 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

It's 103 now, but its aspd sucks (126 right now). I was leveling at OD2 but it gives me like 1,5% in 2 hours or something like that D:!
And Amatsu 2 gives better exp (like 0,1% per toad) but antique firelocks are very annoying and hit hard, also if I stay in one place for 5 mins there's no mobs there, their respawn it's not pretty good. Another thing about it, it has not enough ppl on it.
So where could I lvl? :3

#13 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:53 AM

This is the problem i was running into, if i dont put all the homuncs i use there the spawn is terrible and still needs a few more people. And every time i check other maps theres usually under 5 on each map. Really would like a better place than od2 for lvl 80+ homuns especially for my 2 100+' ._.

#14 Bahamut2

Bahamut2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSpain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

You guys really need to change the default homun leveling spot. I dont know how to achieve this... but i think it would be good to put some kind of notice or "event" so people dont mind changing to a new leveling AFK spot.
OD2 is not bad, but the people needs a new one (i just do OD2 but i think it can be better if everyone there goes to a new location). It would be nice if someone could notice all the alchemists in the map, (like only ralis can do XD) to do that, or just put chats so everyone goes to a new spot.
Or maybe... some kind of official event where there is 2X exp in some map (and only for the homunculus), if that event exists im sure everyone will go to that map and will be a default one in the future even if they quit the event, because everyone will know that map and will notice the exp is better. :P
Also that map as to be accessible (Amatsu2 seems not accesible because you have to do a quest and its a bit far away, the labyrinth, etc...
Turtle dungeon is very accesible. And other islands too.

#15 DatchaRO

DatchaRO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

Well..with the anniversary 2x exp event running again this week...trying to figure out where to go. L105 amstir>dieter.
By Default had been parked in Amatsu. so went back to Amatsu D2.
Could almost swear no difference in exp. I could be wrong..as amatsu "held on" to a spotlight bonus for so long and maybe
that's changing back to norm.
Getting 6838 exp on P.Toads. 6894 on Firelocks. so seems the same as before to me. ~.1 per
Could be wrong...been somewhat off this week... bored int levelling my lif. was playing Maesta for awhile.
The amatsu 2 quest is minor tho..easy to get to the teleporting part in 5 mins really. that's all you really need.
There's 2 quests... the one where you get that feudal permit...and the other one (named "blue harvest" where at one point you get teleported to the entrance to Amatsu D2...past the tatami maze. ) that's the only one you need really and makes it easy to access.
Anywho... unsure which to do. it's all still a hassle due to the wonderful 133 aspd dieter's got right now.. :/

#16 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

Well, my dieter is already 110, and 8% left to reach 111. I went to OD2 but there's no ppl down there. Someone told me that for non-afk leveling Brasilis 1 with a Smokie card is the best place to lvl, I gotta mob a lot of piranhas with the homun vaporized, and then call him out and use hiding and use Lava Slide. I don't have a smokie right now, but I should get one. Do you guys know a better place to lvl? Non-afk and afk.

#17 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

Nobody?

#18 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

There's nothing else to say, those are your options now.

Only places to AFK are orc dungeon, noplace else has enough people, and you can't AFK anywhere without other people because then you kill all the monsters near you, and the ones not in sight of you never move, so you just stand there for eternity.

Brasilis is the best bet for attended leveling on dieter (for other homuns, Ama2 is a better choice since they won't have an AoE) until you get magma flow, at which point you do magma dungeon.

#19 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

I've been hanging out in Brasilis Dungeon, it's better than OD2 I'll tell you that, even with my crappy 152 ASPD :p_sick:

I haven't had the "inspiration" to level my Dieter though, so it's only level 100. Maybe I should spend 3 -4 hours just down there leveling it...
Btw, the monsters doesn't even get close to getting my Homun's HP to 96% so it's a good place, even when there's 7 Piranhas on him. I've been trying to get people to go down to OD2, like my guildies, people that's in Ant Hell, and around Edenm and no one bites the invitation, so I'm forced to not AFK level it.

#20 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

I'm trying to take advantage of this 2x Event, I got about 15% in about an hour down in Brasilis while teleporting around. I don't know if that's good or not for a level 100 Dieter but I'll take it. If there's any other spots I can check out let me know. I'm desperate in getting to level 109 xD

#21 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

My homun just reached 111, I lvl'ed him on OD2 since I left Ant Hell lol. But you play on Ymir, so the population is lesser than here. Anyways, I just saw one chemist lvling his homun down here, I don't fking know why all the ppl who were lvling on OD2 left, I don't think all of them are veteran players who went to Classic, or I hope they're not lol. I think the only place you could lvl till 109 is OD1 or OD2 (I suggest you to go where there's more ppl so you can AFK), otherwise Amatsu2 or Brasilis1.
P/s: WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU HOMUN LVLERS?

#22 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

Nah I transferred to Ygg, and I just go to Brasilis, I haven't tried OD2 with the 2x event though. So I'll try it out.

#23 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

Just bought a Smokie card and went down there to Brasilis dungeon, exp is awesome and mobbing those piranhas is pretty funny. Btw, do you guys know if the new VIP bonus (+200% exp) affects homun's exp?

#24 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

Just bought a Smokie card and went down there to Brasilis dungeon, exp is awesome and mobbing those piranhas is pretty funny. Btw, do you guys know if the new VIP bonus (+200% exp) affects homun's exp?

events do, VIP does not, manuals do not

#25 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

events do, VIP does not, manuals do not

http://forums.warppo...bonus-on-homun/

I think this is an event lol.